PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Reese delivers!! He isn't going anywhere haters.

NWKEffectElement
01-02-2012, 03:32 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/08/jerry-reese-guarantees-playoffs-for-the-giants.html

He is one of the best GMs in the league, but some still doubt focusing on the few misses. He is not perfect but except for 2009 the roster was geared with enough talent since taking over.

Just imagine if we had Goff, TT, Austin, and Hixon.

BlueBlooded1979
01-02-2012, 03:36 AM
http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/08/jerry-reese-guarantees-playoffs-for-the-giants.html

He is one of the best GMs in the league, but some still doubt focusing on the few misses. He is not perfect but except for 2009 the roster was geared with enough talent since taking over.

He has had some big misses in the middle rounds and some FA semi-busts. They do a nice job picking up guys late and developing them for the future.

Overdrive92
01-02-2012, 03:39 AM
I was unhappy with Reese in the preseason and thought he was making a lot of bad moves.

I will confess that I was wrong. Reese was right, I was wrong, and I gladly eat crow.

NWKEffectElement
01-02-2012, 03:57 AM

He has had some big misses in the middle rounds and some FA semi-busts. They do a nice job picking up guys late and developing them for the future.

No GM is going to hit on every pick. Besides CC brown, who have been the FA 'semi-busts'?

shocknaweny
01-02-2012, 04:01 AM
I would just like the O_line and LB spots addressed @ some point and then I will have no complaints...

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 04:04 AM
I would just like the O_line and LB spots addressed @ some point and then I will have no complaints...
The O-line MAY actually be okay (although I'd like Diehl's future replacement drafted). Besides LB I think it's clear that we still need help in the secondary. We need CB and S depth.

And JR is one of the best in the game. I'd really love to see this team win another SB sometime soon -- the talent, coaching, and FO are there.

HAMMERHEDD
01-02-2012, 04:40 AM
If the coaching staff were all as good at their jobs as Reese is at his, the Giants would be considered a dynasty right now. Instead, they are a team that is lucky to be in the playoffs, after missing them 2 years in a row.

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 08:41 AM
The Giants got a better coaching staff than any1 else in the NFC East. Reese should thank his lucky stars that the Coaching staff developed the young guys and Ernie Acorsi's players are still the cornerstones of this franchise. This team wouldnt get far if Acorsi didnt take a shot at Eli Manning. Reese can keep taking weapons from Eli, but Eli continues to make guys around him better. I would like to see what Reese would do when the Manning era ends.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
The Giants got a better coaching staff than any1 else in the NFC East. Reese should thank his lucky stars that the Coaching staff developed the young guys and Ernie Acorsi's players are still the cornerstones of this franchise. This team wouldnt get far if Acorsi didnt take a shot at Eli Manning. Reese can keep taking weapons from Eli, but Eli continues to make guys around him better. I would like to see what Reese would do when the Manning era ends.

You are a ret@rd, coaches coach talent, they don't create talent. Giants would have been successful with any of the three qbs from the 04 draft. And those players you credit Acorsi for drafting were brought in by Reese who was in charge of the draft.

Get back on the meds and get off these boards.

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 09:55 AM

Hahahahaha forgot he did that

he was never going anywhere. This team, even if ugly at times, competed this whole year with injuries. Anybody who thought Reese was going anywhere was a chicken little

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 10:01 AM
The Kraken I like that!!! Go Defense!!! and Rolle made a play waiting for two years for that.

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 10:20 AM

You are a ret@rd, coaches coach talent, they don't create talent. Giants would have been successful with any of the three qbs from the 04 draft. And those players you credit Acorsi for drafting were brought in by Reese who was in charge of the draft.

Get back on the meds and get off these boards.

I dont think any of the QBs other than Eli would of survived the harsh New York media. Eli was the best QB for this organization, and Reese continues to take weapons from Eli every single season. If Reese could of gave Eli at least some sort of Offensive Line and a good tight end, it would be Eli smashing Dan Marino's record. There is talent all over the NFL, the key skill to coaching is placing players in positions where they can succeed....and u can give those props to Coughlin and Gilbride.

Pakman
01-02-2012, 10:43 AM

Weapons?

Cruz> Smith

Ballard > Boss

All the players had the same opportunities but I'd take Cruz and Ballard over your boys any day

brad
01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
JR has done a good job bringing in talent, however I agree that it would be nice to see him address the LB issues. The secondary has a few issues but they are adequate if they weren't forced to use safeties as pseudo-LB's most of the time. True LB's that can shoot the gaps and cover the TE/RB's coming out the backfield would do wonders for the secondary.

Sintim97
01-02-2012, 10:56 AM

he was never going anywhere. This team, even if ugly at times, competed this whole year with injuries. Anybody who thought Reese was going anywhere was a chicken little

almost EVERY team competes with injuries... i didnt want reese gone. i wanted coughlin and his goons gone. now with coughlin coming back, u can assure gilbride and fewell will be back

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 10:58 AM

almost EVERY team competes with injuries... i didnt want reese gone. i wanted coughlin and his goons gone. now with coughlin coming back, u can assure gilbride and fewell will be back

very few teams had the amount of injuries we've had....

the ones that did haven't competed like we did.

JacksGiant76
01-02-2012, 11:53 AM
People that criticize Reese for what he's done are complete idiots, I'm sorry. No GM in the league, and I mean no GM, hits 100% on all their choices. Most GM's can find the talent they need in the 1st and 2nd rounds but not very many can get a lot of production from the 5th rounds to undrafted free agents, and that's where the really good GM's shine, like Reese.

Some picks just don't materialize, whether it's due to outside things like the money changing them or they're just inherently lazy and there's not one GM in the league that can change that. Reese's track record with the Draft, letting players walk and free agency has been absolutely terrific and he's part of the reason why we've been as competitive as we have been. People don't give him enough credit because they love to compare him to other GM's but if you look closely at his track record compared to most other GM's, he'd be in the top 5, guaranteed.

Draft picks, FA's , you name it, don't pan out, it happens every year and not just to us. You can even go back and compare him to Accorsi and Young and you'll see, he's right on track, if not better than those guys.

People need to stop hating on him so much and just realize how great a job he's really doing.

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM

Weapons?

Cruz> Smith

Ballard > Boss

All the players had the same opportunities but I'd take Cruz and Ballard over your boys any day

We are lucky to have Cruz perform as he did....we are even luckier than Mario, Barden and Stokley was injured allowing Cruz the chance to get some playing time. My thing with Reese is that he doesnt seem to keep guys that Eli developed chemistry with. We are lucky to have the coaching staff that we have because no1 in their right mind would of thought it was smart to surround Eli was undrafted free agents and an Offensive Line that cant block.

I think Jerry Reese puts alot more pressure on Eli. David Diehl as a backup left tackle, he still gets beat to this very day? Kevin Boothe is a guard but played Center and Eli had to deal with his bad snaps that almost costed us the 1st game against Dallas. Ballard looks good when hes wide open, I still think Boss made the tougher catches in traffic that Ballard seems to drop. Reese better be happy that Eli Manning is making him look so much better....Manning seems to make every1 around him better, our Linemen and Tight Ends would be backups elsewhere.

simms56
01-02-2012, 12:39 PM

Weapons?

Cruz> Smith

Ballard > Boss

We are lucky to have Cruz perform as he did....we are even luckier than Mario, Barden and Stokley was injured allowing Cruz the chance to get some playing time. My thing with Reese is that he doesnt seem to keep guys that Eli developed chemistry with. We are lucky to have the coaching staff that we have because no1 in their right mind would of thought it was smart to surround Eli was undrafted free agents and an Offensive Line that cant block.

I think Jerry Reese puts alot more pressure on Eli. David Diehl as a backup left tackle, he still gets beat to this very day? Kevin Boothe is a guard but played Center and Eli had to deal with his bad snaps that almost costed us the 1st game against Dallas. Ballard looks good when hes wide open, I still think Boss made the tougher catches in traffic that Ballard seems to drop. Reese better be happy that Eli Manning is making him look so much better....Manning seems to make every1 around him better, our Linemen and Tight Ends would be backups elsewhere.

Exactly. At this point the person I am most inclined to give credit to is Eli. Reese is an ok GM. He made a great and ballsy pick in JPP, he signed Cruz/Ballard, they brought in Westherford. He has in my opinion missed on nearly every free agent which caused discord in the team (contract stuff, like Osi). Baas is awful and last night Rolle made his first big play in two years of yapping. Canty is ok, why did they bring Bernard back again? He has missed on too many 2-4th rounders and he hasn't addressed LB ever. I know today is a love fest but the week to week schizophrenia is tough to handle.