PDA

View Full Version : Successful year if we lose to the Falcs?

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Considering all of the injuries and the roller-coaster ride of a season, would you consider it a successful season if we lost a close, well played game to the Falcs at home? Or would it be another disappointment?

Personally, if they lost to the Falcs in a clean, hard fought game where it just appeared that the Falcs were superior, I could live with it and look forward to next year with our revamped o-line (including depth like Petrus and Boothe), our new superstars in Cruz and JPP (and a dependable Ballard), and young players who developed valuable experience like J. Williams, Herz, and Hynoski plus the return of Prince (full preseason next year) and Marvin Austin.

But if the Giants play solid football like they have over the past two weeks, then I expect them to win this upcoming game and give GB or SF all they can take the following week.

nhpgiantsfan
01-02-2012, 10:36 AM
IMO, with all of the injuries this team suffered this year, making the playoffs by sweeping the Cowboys and beating the Jets, and the development of JPP and Cruz, all with the exceptional play by Eli, this season is already a success and I am satisfied. Anything else would just be gravy. </P>

GO GIANTS!</P>

Diamondring
01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I believe that winning the Superbowl is a success. Yet if Giants lose to the Falcs, I said it would not be a success. Yet if we beat them and maybe beat another team, then it is on.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Play the games one at a time. Just keep winnin, Just keep winnin!!!!Way to many players hurt!

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Considering all of the injuries and the roller-coaster ride of a season, would you consider it a successful season if we lost a close, well played game to the Falcs at home? Or would it be another disappointment?

Personally, if they lost to the Falcs in a clean, hard fought game where it just appeared that the Falcs were superior, I could live with it and look forward to next year with our revamped o-line (including depth like Petrus and Boothe), our new superstars in Cruz and JPP (and a dependable Ballard), and young players who developed valuable experience like J. Williams, Herz, and Hynoski plus the return of Prince (full preseason next year) and Marvin Austin.

But if the Giants play solid football like they have over the past two weeks, then I expect them to win this upcoming game and give GB or SF all they can take the following week.

i know some will say yes... but I don't believe a one and done is a success.

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
It would be successful (to an extent) yes but wasn't up to expectations...your expectations are not to make the playoffs, as Jerry Reese seems to believe...your expectations are supposed to be to win the superbowl...nothing less

giantsforce
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM

i know some will say yes... but I don't believe a one and done is a success.
True. And we have not won a playoff game at home since 2001.

brad
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM
One and done wouldn't be enough IMO, however if they went to GB or SF and played tough and lose I would be OK with that.

bearbryant
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Whats your definition of success? If you think that accepting mediocrity is success well then have at it, its yours! We've played 2 good games, good energy & enthusiasm. Most played for 60 minutes. This team is peaking at the right time, lets see how well they do in the play offs, that will be their measure going forward. Go Giants!!!

Mr Excitement
01-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I didnt think this team would win more than 6 games even if healthy...so for me its not a success...but better than I thought.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
If we get blown off the field I'll be upset. If we lose a close game on a last second field goal, then so be it. I won't be happy about it but I'll be very excited for next year, between the Oline having time to gel, getting everyone healthy (Goff, Thomas, etc.), etc.

One game at a time though.

I will say this though: This was the first year in a long time where I felt the Giants could've gone 6-10 or 7-9. Them making the playoffs with everything that's happened with injuries, losing people to free agency, Eagles signing everyone under the sun, etc., I'm very satisfied with how it's been so far.

JacksGiant76
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
This year is definitely a success, win or lose next. We won the division, which no one even picked us to do, we've made the playoffs and coaching staff did an excellent job of taking low round and UDFA picks and making them into contributing members. We've also overcome the losses of Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Terrell Thomas and Jonathan Goff, Rich Seubert and Shaun O'hara. Think about that for a minute.

We lost our slot receiver, starting tight end, starting CB and starting MLB and we won the NFC East and we're going to host a playoff team. With no offseason for rookies, they all had to learn on the fly and we had to replace 6 big starters from the get go. If someone had come to you and said we'd lose all 6 of those players before the season started as well as starting a new LT, you would have thought this year would have been a complete disaster, probably a 5-11 season.

Think about everything we've overcome this year to be where we are today. It's a magnificent job by the coaching staff, the GM and the players. I don't think people are giving enough a credit to what we've accomplished.

bklyn1028
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I said in the beginning they would be 11-5 and NFC E champs, well, I'll take 1/2 right.

I think we'll take the Falcons, and I truly believe we have a shot at the packers. If we have to go to N.O., it'll take three Hail Marys and 7 Our Father's.

elifan10
01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
It would be a success if we sign Spags as soon as we lose [;)]

bklyn1028
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
It would be a success if we sign Spags as soon as we lose [;)]

Spags is good, but he don't walk on water. YOu think he would have done better than Fewell with out Thomas, Goff, Amukamara for the first 11 games, Umenyiora...etc..etc...Fewell did a fine job with the rookies he had to work with, come on.

SweetZombieJesus
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Good job getting out of the hole you dug for yourself...

But 9-7 and losing yet another home playoff game in the opening round is not good enough, despite the feel-good nature of the last 2 weeks. Let's not lose sight of the big picture...

If this scenario comes to fruition, no home playoff wins, no playoff wins outside of 2007, still a 31-42 Nov/Dec record...

But having said that, it it's a good, well-fought loss, maybe -- because the other two home playoff losses were disastrous.

elifan10
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
It would be a success if we sign Spags as soon as we lose [;)] Spags is good, but he don't walk on water. YOu think he would have done better than Fewell with out Thomas, Goff, Amukamara for the first 11 games, Umenyiora...etc..etc...Fewell did a fine job with the rookies he had to work with, come on.</P>

He would have done much better than Fewell.</P>