PDA

View Full Version : This season gave us two new stars

bigjeep
01-02-2012, 07:30 AM
The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruzwith long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them! [B]

AllTuckedUp
01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
This the same Giants who are like a couple of hundred dollars under the salary cap?

bigjeep
01-02-2012, 10:56 AM
This the same Giants who are like a couple of hundred dollars under the salary cap?</P>

</P>

Can't afford to lose them! </P>

brad
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.

poppa smurph
01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.Manningham might be added to that list too.

brad
01-02-2012, 11:20 AM
With the emergence of new stars the Giants will have some tough decision making to do this off-season. They will need to get rid of some high paid under-performing players and possibly even a few very good aging players so they can retain players like JPP and Cruz. Hopefully they will be able to convince a few to renegotiate their contracts to be more cap friendly rather than having to clean house... that being said I think it is very likely that Osi, Canty and Jacobs are gone after this year.Manningham might be added to that list too.

Definitely... and I am sure quite a few others as well. I think we will see a very active offseason, but probably not in the way that we would like to see.

lttaylor56
01-02-2012, 11:36 AM
You got that right...JPP is a phenom and Cruz is nothing but big play after big play. Cruz's salsa dance is awesome and the JPP song from Naughty by Nature= &gt;P&lt;

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't know about Canty, but Osi and Jacobs are almost a certainty if they need to drop people to sign Cruz and JPP. Do whatever they need to do to resign up and coming young stars who haven't even hit their prime yet.

guerilla
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruz*with long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them!**** [B]

Contract Facts:
Jason Pierre Paul signed a 5 year contract in 2010.
Victor Cruz signed a 3 year contract in 2010.

So with the cap remaining exactly where it is, the immediate need would be to sign Victor Cruz. The FO's modus operandi has always been to sign our young talent early, before they reach their maximum value. So no worries mate they will get it done.

Spizi
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruz*with long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them!**** [B]

Contract Facts:
Jason Pierre Paul signed a 5 year contract in 2010.
Victor Cruz signed a 3 year contract in 2010.

So with the cap remaining exactly where it is, the immediate need would be to sign Victor Cruz. The FO's modus operandi has always been to sign our young talent early, before they reach their maximum value. So no worries mate they will get it done.

Cruz already has reached his maximum value haha 1500 yards?!?! omg I hope he can do that again but honestly I wouldn't expect him to see numbers like that again.

FourthAndOne
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Hopefully Cruz gets resigned in the offseason. JPP's contract is up in 2015, so it probably won't be addressed.

Cruz will be a RFA after the 2012 season, so even if he isn't resigned this offseason the Giants can match offers made by other teams or at the very least get draft picks in return.

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Hopefully they don't hold out.

I thought Manningham was gone but now that he has quitted down, they might be able to get him cheap.

Quite frankly, I am still thinking that Steve Smith will come back!

-JD

DJloves
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM

This is painful to read. I know Manningham hasn't been as stellar as Cruz and Nicks, but I still really like him. :( Do you really think all four of those players will be gone?

lawl
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Diehl is probably due to get cut as well.

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Keep jacobs so we have a hachet man in case opposing defenses realize they cant cover cruz and resort to desperate measures

bigjeep
01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
The Giants better wrap JJP and Cruzwith long term contracts before the dollar signs blind them! [B] Contract Facts: Jason Pierre Paul signed a 5 year contract in 2010. Victor Cruz signed a 3 year contract in 2010. So with the cap remaining exactly where it is, the immediate need would be to sign Victor Cruz. The FO's modus operandi has always been to sign our young talent early, before they reach their maximum value. So no worries mate they will get it done.</P>

</P>

[B]</P>