PDA

View Full Version : NFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONS

RoanokeFan
01-02-2012, 07:49 AM
It wasn't easy, sometimes down right UGLY, but the era of the second half collapse leading to no playoff appearances is over. Some won't see it that was, preferring to rag on this team no matter what. I don't know what's going to happen next Sunday, but I like our chances.

GCGiant
01-02-2012, 07:57 AM
When you consider the devastating injuries to begin the season and the monster schedule...I think it was quite an accomplishment.

Anything can happen from here! Not saying it will, but last night had a few moments that were reminiscent (sp?) of SB 42.

giantfanatic
01-02-2012, 08:35 AM
We have em right where we want them.

I am rooting for some bad weather on Sunday.

Has Ryan ever played in Met Life?

RoanokeFan
01-02-2012, 08:46 AM
When you consider the devastating injuries to begin the season and the monster schedule...I think it was quite an accomplishment.

Anything can happen from here! Not saying it will, but last night had a few moments that were reminiscent (sp?) of SB 42.

[Y]

miked1958
01-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Not sure but I do know all their home games on in a dome and the saints, lions, colts are in domes. So thats at least 11 games out of 16 that they played this season. Not sure about the other 5 games but I do know Tampa and panthers don't. They played Seahawks and they dont. Not sure of their other 2 games but bottom line is they won't like it if it's freezing. Advantage us!

Antwuan
01-02-2012, 08:54 AM

Nope but he played in Giants Stadium in 2009 in which the Giants won 34-31 in OT.

dan1552
01-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree. When the Dome Team boys stepped out into 48 degree rain you could see Romo cringe. I was loving it.

miked1958
01-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Just checked and the other two games was at Chicago. But that was game one on sept 11th. Non factor weather wise but bears routed them 30-12 but don't think weather had anything to do with it.

The other was at Houston on Dec 4th. Again no factor weather wise but again lost 17-10.

The closest thing to a cold weather game was in Carolina on Dec 11th. Lol. They won 31-23

I think we got em

nygsb42champs
01-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Tough, gritty win. Way to go G-Men!

Diamondring
01-02-2012, 09:02 AM
On man and it took a long time to get another Dvisional Championship and I'm happy like we won the Superbowl.

SweetZombieJesus
01-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Great win, now it's time to win the first home playoff game since January 2001.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:09 AM

[Y]

Yep, injuries + monster schedule = NFC East champs / making playoffs is something special.

Congrats to the Giants and lets keep truckin'!

bansaw
01-02-2012, 10:18 AM
all day I was thinking 31-13. Didnt know who'd get 31 though lol

I really thought that egg against the Redskins was going to cost us. that was our trap game for sure...looking straight at Dallas, didnt give the Skins a second thought.
But what a crazy year...I always held hope Fewell would throw something new out to confuse teams going in but damn he almost held his hand too long imo, I was losing hope. We start getting pressure we will scare some teams

Well We Made The Dance !!!

GO GIANTS !!!

RoanokeFan
01-02-2012, 12:09 PM
all day I was thinking 31-13. Didnt know who'd get 31 though lol

I really thought that egg against the Redskins was going to cost us. that was our trap game for sure...looking straight at Dallas, didnt give the Skins a second thought.
But what a crazy year...I always held hope Fewell would throw something new out to confuse teams going in but damn he almost held his hand too long imo, I was losing hope. We start getting pressure we will scare some teams

Well We Made The Dance !!!

GO GIANTS !!!

[B]

RoanokeFan
01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Tough, gritty win. Way to go G-Men!

[Y] It's starting to come together

GameTime
01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Good way to start the new year......NFC EAST CHAMPS.......NY GIANTS.</P>

The Tri-State area IS/WAS/ AND ALWAYS WILL BE A GIANTS TOWN!!!!!</P>

</P>

</P>

giantsforce
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
It wasn't easy, sometimes down right UGLY, but the era of the second half collapse leading to no playoff appearances is over.* Some won't see it that was, preferring to rag on this team no matter what.* I don't know what's going to happen next Sunday, but I like our chances.
If they play like yesterday, win or lose, no one will rag on them. What you do not understand is that some of us are not willing to settle for mediocrity when we know our team has so much potential. So other than injuries, which all teams have, what prevent us from putting a solid effort in all of our games? Why should we not "rag" when the effort is not there? Should we stand by and give them a pass when they lose at home to teams like Washington, Seattle and Philly?

chasjay
01-02-2012, 12:25 PM
It's not the 11-5 I was hoping for about two months ago, but I have no complaints. I'd rather be 9-7 and winners of 3 of the last 4 than 11-5 and losers of those.

If the defense can hold on 3rd downs well as they did last night, I see us having a great shot at extending our season again.

Given the injuries we've had, I don't see how anybody can call this a bad year. We had the two stinkers against the Redskins, but not many more. Those Washington games are what turned my 11-5 into 9-7, I guess.
\
It feels good to be a Giants fan.

BlueJayC
01-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Division Champs.....and happened to knock the Jets, Eagles and Cowboys out of the playoffs.....

Love the script so far......can't wait to read the ending.

JimC
01-02-2012, 01:07 PM
It's a good day to be a Giants fan !!!

DemandedAce
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm so ready for the falcons now. Lets get after Ryan early and often. Go big blue!!

SweetZombieJesus
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm so ready for the falcons now. Lets get after Ryan early and often. Go big blue!!

I hate to give Cris Collinsworthless credit, but

week 16 - beat Rex Ryan
week 17 - beat Rob Ryan
week 18 - Matt Ryan