PDA

View Full Version : finally some killer instinct

sharick88
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
It was so refreshing to see the giants actually put some nails in the coffin on a team for change. These last two games, I have seen something from this team that I have not seen all year long. A killer instinct. I love it!

Pakman
01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Defense has played well in the past two games.

Other than the Robinson TD I think the longest play the Giants gave up was 20 yards over the past two games...with the simpler D

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Defense has played well in the past two games.

Other than the Robinson TD I think the longest play the Giants gave up was 20 yards over the past two games...with the simpler D
Haven't seen this intensity since they wore down at the end of the 2008 season. It was disturbing how lacking it was over the past few years, but I believe that the old Giants may have returned -- and just in time. Yeah baby!!

NorwoodBlue
01-02-2012, 12:00 PM
What a difference a healthy Justin Tuck makes. His last two games have been his best in quite a while. He's been a huge factor in getting the defense on track.

Also, you can't overstate the importance of Chase Blackburn coming off the couch to stabilize the middle of the defense too. He's made a huge contribution.

Kiwi, JPP, Canty, Boley have all been playing well. Even Rocky Bernard has made some good plays and put some pressure on when he gets a chance, Tolefson too.

I think Fewell making changes and taking some of the BS out his coverage schemes has helped a lot. Receivers aren't breaking into open areas right off the bat, and it gives everyone a chance to play better. The long touchdown pass hasn't hurt the Gmen the last two weeks, and that has really made a difference. I think the players are more comfortable with these changes, and they're responding well to it.

NY_Eli
01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't know if this team is more talented than last year's, or the year before

I do know that they play with MUCH MORE HEART

JPP and Cruz are the future of this team, and they put maximum effort into every single play.