let the speculation begin

GameTime
01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
...per Jay Glazer NFLN let the speculation begin</P>

they alreay have....</P>

time will tell....</P>

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Well, IMO, last nights game made it clear to me he isnt coming here. Coughlin and staff will be back for at least one more year.</P>

Actually, Gilbride could be getting some calls for a HC spot the way this offense is playing.</P>

poppa smurph
01-02-2012, 10:39 AM
...per Jay Glazer NFLN let the speculation beginAny word on Josh McDaniels?

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Well, IMO, last nights game made it clear to me he isnt coming here. Coughlin and staff will be back for at least one more year.</P>

Actually, Gilbride could be getting some calls for a HC spot the way this offense is playing.</P>
I wanted TC back anyway, but I'm still not sold on Fewell unless they at least beat the Falcs at home. If they can do that, then I'll give Fewell an extension, but I'd rather have Spags (unless they win the SB this year).

That being said, I'm sure the FO just determined that Fewell will be coming back next year. And of course, Coughlin as well.

Sundown
01-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Fewell getting the D straight enough to get into the playoffs will help him in the head coaching hunt. Going deep into the playoffs will increase our chances of getting Spags

KidA
Well, IMO, last nights game made it clear to me he isnt coming here. Coughlin and staff will be back for at least one more year.</p>

Actually, Gilbride could be getting some calls for a HC spot the way this offense is playing.</p>

Certainly Coughlin will be(barring retirement). The question is whether or not Fewell will be.

I would love to see Spags back in Giants blue, but I honestly don't think it's going to happen now. If we had lost to the Jets or Cowboys and missed the playoffs then maybe, but we'll probably stick with what we have at this point.

Besides, other teams can make a push for him now while were busy worrying about our next game.

jjj45
Oh wow....

NY_Eli
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Good point about Gilbride, I hadn't considered that. He doesn't look to me like the HC type but I wouldn't be surprised if he got some interviews.

bansaw
01-02-2012, 10:45 AM
we'll miss out on him

wado1
01-02-2012, 10:48 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't let him go to a NFC East opponent.

BigBlue1971
01-02-2012, 10:48 AM
i like Spags but i dont think hesthat revelent here anymore.

NorwoodBlue
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I seriously doubt they'll go after him since the defense has been playing a lot better.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I seriously doubt they'll go after him since the defense has been playing a lot better.
they could reassign the DC.He is after all an offensive coach

buddy33
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
With a healthy DL the defense has been playing much better. This teams defense is built on getting to the QB. When they don't, and they have to many secondary players injured, they are not very good. They are also using a rookie LB who I think has a bright future but is still a rookie.

How much better would this defense have been if TT was playing, Prince doesn't break his foot, Whitherspoon doesn't tear his ACL, Goff doesn't tear his ACL, and of Tuck played the entire year healthy?

Just saying, maybe PF deserves another year.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
He had no chance

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Unless Fewell gets another job he isnt going anywhere.The Giants finished the season with the third-highest defensive AGL "Adjusted Games Lost" of the last decade, behind only the 2008 Lions (who went 0-16) and the 2009 Bills who went 6-10.

Football Outsiders Metric -Adjusted Games Lost (AGL) to determine how severe a teamís injury situation has been. AGL separates starters and key reserves from subs, so an injury to Umenyiora or another starter gets more weight than one to some seldom-used backup.

bansaw
01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Unless Fewell gets another job he isnt going anywhere.The Giants finished the season with the third-highest defensive AGL "Adjusted Games Lost" of the last decade, behind only the 2008 Lions (who went 0-16) and the 2009 Bills who went 6-10.is that good or bad?

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Unless Fewell gets another job he isnt going anywhere.The Giants finished the season with the third-highest defensive AGL "Adjusted Games Lost" of the last decade, behind only the 2008 Lions (who went 0-16) and the 2009 Bills who went 6-10.is that good or bad?

LOL I meant to explain what that was

"At Football Outsiders, we use a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL) to determine how severe a teamís injury situation has been. AGL separates starters and key reserves from subs, so an injury to Umenyiora or another starter gets more weight than one to some seldom-used backup."

joenew61
01-02-2012, 11:08 AM
It looks like Fewell simplified and let the dogs loose last night. Having Osi back in the mix helped too.

If he doesn't go back to all that schemy stuff he tries to do, or put the young Prince back in before he is ready, the defense should be fine, and he deserves to stay a while.

Razur
01-02-2012, 11:20 AM

I'm not convinced Fewell is safe...the players rallyed way too late in the season..and mostly because he was forced to modify ( some say dumb - down ) his overly complicated schemes..and just get down to basic plans..which IMO only demostrate as a DC he was and IS a wrong fit...Spags ( if courted by the Giants FO ), had the Defense synched in much shorter time with much more consistency..and is a better heir to Coughlin's HC job them Gilbride..so..I hope we go after him as DC in 2012.

G-Man67
01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
amazing the difference in our D with a healthy Tuck and a healthier Osi and with Canty coming on strong to go with the already great JPP ... way to go players!!

im sure we will have "fans" going "would it be so bad if we were one and done, so we can talk to Steve S. sooner"

Roosevelt
01-02-2012, 11:29 AM
...per Jay Glazer NFLN

Let's get him.

lttaylor56
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
...per Jay Glazer NFLN let the speculation begin</p>

they alreay have....</p>

time will tell....</p>Would not be the worse thing that could happen to NYG. I like it.

Penguin101
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe if we win the SB TC sees a chance to end on a high note? Not that I'd like it, I think TC is top3 out there...

GiantWarfare
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM
oh crap, he's gonna go to Philthy...I just feel it...

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 12:05 PM
oh crap, he's gonna go to Philthy...I just feel it...

with the Giants in the playoffs the chances just got much more slim that he is coming back here......but its not completely out of the question I guess

but with the eagles being out....they can talk to him right now.....so

Furiator
01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Don't let him go to a NFC East opponent.

Rumor has always been the Eagles are hot for him.

The bad part of a long playoff run is that we can't bring in spags for an interview but the eagles can.

galaxy10
01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I think Spags got a raw deal, he had so many injuries to deal with. Spags will land as a DC some where next year and the team will be blessed to have such a good defensive mind. I don't think he will land in our division. I would want to go some where new and get a fresh start. Just my bias. Wondering out loud if Coughlin might be considering retiring. If they go deep in the play offs he might go out on top. Giants looked the best last night and could go deep in the playoffs, could see a re-match with Green Bay. Glad to see Fewell simplified the defensive schemes. It worked. Got to see the difference between Ryan's complicated schemes versus a simplified defensive game plan. I think these coaches want to show case their creativity and some times it back fires. The game is also played above the shoulders as well, some times these guys just don't have the smarts for the complicated schemes. Loved watching the game, thank you G-Men.

bearbryant
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Technically SS owns fewell. He understands pressure defenses from his work at philly, fewell showed us he doesn't get it. Our players won these 2 games not schemes or calls.
Second, SS would be a great heir to TC. He now has the experience he didn't have going to the Rams. The problem is we're in a bad time bind being in play offs. philly might tie him up quickly.

brad
01-02-2012, 12:37 PM
If the Giants really wanted to bring him in, I have no doubt that they would quietly be discussing it with him. Unfortunately I don't believe that to be the case... but one can always hope.

Dirt66
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Actually, Gilbride could be getting some calls for a HC spot the way this offense is playing.</P> I'm not convinced Fewell is safe...the players rallyed way too late in the season..and mostly because he was forced to modify ( some say dumb - down ) his overly complicated schemes..and just get down to basic plans..which IMO only demostrate as a DC he was and IS a wrong fit...Spags ( if courted by the Giants FO ), had the Defense synched in much shorter time with much more consistency..and is a better heir to Coughlin's HC job them Gilbride..so..I hope we go after him as DC in 2012.Thank you!!! I understand that everyone is all jacked up today,loving it as well, that being said has everyone forgotten how pathetic this defense looked for most of the season? You need to look at this long term as well...do you really want Perry Fool around for an extended period of time? Not me, plus Spags could be the guy to take over after TC decides to leave. It would be a mistake to not get Spags back in the fold while we can. GO GIANTS!!!!!!

NYfanatic
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
If coughlin retires this year or announces the 2012 season will be his last you never know Spags could come aboard.

TheReal_LT
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
With a healthy DL the defense has been playing much better. This teams defense is built on getting to the QB. When they don't, and they have to many secondary players injured, they are not very good. They are also using a rookie LB who I think has a bright future but is still a rookie.

How much better would this defense have been if TT was playing, Prince doesn't break his foot, Whitherspoon doesn't tear his ACL, Goff doesn't tear his ACL, and of Tuck played the entire year healthy?

Just saying, maybe PF deserves another year.

Barring a defensive collapse in the play offs I think Fewell deserves another chance....I wouldn't be dissapointed if Gilbride left though

SweetZombieJesus
01-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Fewell getting the D straight enough to get into the playoffs will help him in the head coaching hunt. Going deep into the playoffs will increase our chances of getting Spags

I hate to be a skeptic but Rooney Rule...

elifan10
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Technically SS owns fewell. He understands pressure defenses from his work at philly, fewell showed us he doesn't get it. Our players won these 2 games not schemes or calls. Second, SS would be a great heir to TC. He now has the experience he didn't have going to the Rams. The problem is we're in a bad time bind being in play offs. philly might tie him up quickly.</P>

I agree but I really hope we go for Spags. I still dont like Fewell.</P>

TheReal_LT
01-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Technically SS owns fewell. He understands pressure defenses from his work at philly, fewell showed us he doesn't get it. Our players won these 2 games not schemes or calls. Second, SS would be a great heir to TC. He now has the experience he didn't have going to the Rams. The problem is we're in a bad time bind being in play offs. philly might tie him up quickly.</P>

I understand where you are coming from but wouldn't Spags probably accept the job with the Eagles being that we are in the play offs and the Eagles will most likely make an offer to him soon if they have not already?

elifan10
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM

I understand where you are coming from but wouldn't Spags probably accept the job with the Eagles being that we are in the play offs and the Eagles will most likely make an offer to him soon if they have not already?</P>

I think they will but we should at least offer Spags the job, if he doesnt accept then at least we tried.</P>

TheReal_LT
01-02-2012, 01:49 PM

I understand where you are coming from but wouldn't Spags probably accept the job with the Eagles being that we are in the play offs and the Eagles will most likely make an offer to him soon if they have not already?</P>

I think they will but we should at least offer Spags the job, if he doesnt accept then at least we tried.</P>

Hey I'm all for it but do you think that the front office will offer the job to Spags and just can Fewell especially after the defense has looked better against the Jets and Cowboys?

Rich4114
01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Why is everyone so sure Spags won't get another HC job somewhere? I would not be surprised to see him land in Florida.

giantotherness
01-02-2012, 02:33 PM
...per Jay Glazer NFLN

Fewell's job is on the line if the ineffective play calling continues. During that boyz comeback- we stymied the run but there was a clear neglect of changing to match the underneath passing game that D started playing. Back to point- Spaggs would get my vote for coming back as DC, no matter yesterdays result.

Pageiommi
01-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I think Spags will be an Eagle by the end of the week.

giantotherness
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Technically SS owns fewell. He understands pressure defenses from his work at philly, fewell showed us he doesn't get it. Our players won these 2 games not schemes or calls. Second, SS would be a great heir to TC. He now has the experience he didn't have going to the Rams. The problem is we're in a bad time bind being in play offs. philly might tie him up quickly.</p>

I agree but I really hope we go for Spags. I still dont like Fewell.</p>

I understand where you are coming from but wouldn't Spags probably accept the job with the Eagles being that we are in the play offs and the Eagles will most likely make an offer to him soon if they have not already?</p>

I think they will but we should at least offer Spags the job, if he doesnt accept then at least we tried.</p>

Hey I'm all for it but do you think that the front office will offer the job to Spags and just can Fewell especially after the defense has looked better against the Jets and Cowboys?

That's a good point and if one considers it a good move but what would be the barometer for letting Fewell go and bringing Spags in? Pretty easy....unless we win the Super Bowl.

JesseJames
01-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm probably in the minority on this but I still don't trust Fewell even though the defense is playing a lot better. I still remember all those embarrassing losses because our defense couldn't stop anybody and now because the guys are playing better the credit is automatically going to go to Fewell, I don't buy that at all. If he could have done something about the bad play he would have Personally I think the players just decided to go out and play their game and not Fewells, that and Tuck playing healthier and the return of Osi...

elifan10
01-02-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm probably in the minority on this but I still don't trust Fewell even though the defense is playing a lot better. I still remember all those embarrassing losses because our defense couldn't stop anybody and now because the guys are playing better the credit is automatically going to go to Fewell, I don't buy that at all. If he could have done something about the bad play he would have Personally I think the players just decided to go out and play their game and not Fewells, that and Tuck playing healthier and the return of Osi...</P>

I dont think your'e in the minority. How can people trust Fewell just because the D played good against Sanchez and a quarterback with a broken hand?</P>

Harooni
01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Well, IMO, last nights game made it clear to me he isnt coming here. Coughlin and staff will be back for at least one more year.</p>

Actually, Gilbride could be getting some calls for a HC spot the way this offense is playing.</p>

thats our hope now, that Gilbride becomes a HC somewhere else.

wgsgiants
01-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Please offer Spagnuolo a position as Assistant Head Coach or as Quality Control Coach. He would be a head coach in waiting. Do not allow him to go to Philly or we will regret it later.</P>

</P>

Go Giants !!</P>

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm probably in the minority on this but I still don't trust Fewell even though the defense is playing a lot better. I still remember all those embarrassing losses because our defense couldn't stop anybody and now because the guys are playing better the credit is automatically going to go to Fewell, I don't buy that at all. If he could have done something about the bad play he would have Personally I think the players just decided to go out and play their game and not Fewells, that and Tuck playing healthier and the return of Osi...

"the players decided to go out and play their game not Fewells"

this kind of **** is hilarious

I love when people think they know what they are talking about.....it makes me chuckle