PDA

View Full Version : Falcons are in a bit of trouble!!!

Sundown
01-02-2012, 10:40 AM
We are the last team the Falcons want to play. We match up well against their weaknesses. They are weak in the

Secondary - play lots of zone, average CBs. They can't cover Nicks and/or Cruz. Throw in some Rio and Ballard, Eli will have a big day. That also leads me to the Falcons D-line

D-line - Abraham is their main threat, other than that its average. They don't get good pressure on the QB. If they don't get any type of pressure this game will get out of hand fast.

O-line - The Falcons line is suspect. Good at run blocking but not great at pass protection. The Krakken will get after Ryan this game. They'll have to add extra TE help, keep a RB in to help which will help our secondary cause we'll have issues covering White and Jones. I'm not too worried about Gonzo. Boley has proven to be able to cover the elite TEs. We must stop the run and get them in 3rd and long.

QB - No discussion, Eli

The Falcons have the edge in the run game but overall i think we have this game. It'll be close but the Giants will pull out a win. On a side note a dome team coming up north in cold weather bodes well for us too.

BigBlue2010
01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Not playing in their dome either

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't know much about them, but team statistics wise they are pretty solid across the board.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Just win the game Giants and move on!!!

wado1
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I live in Atlanta and the Falcons don't scare me. One pass rusher, below average corners. Stop Turner, stop the falcons.

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Julio Jones is going to abuse Ross. Roddy White and Tony Gonzo arent too shabby either. We just need to keep the pressure on Ryan like we did vs Romo. Ryan wont be able to squirm out of those potential sack situatins like Romo does. I dont know how he does it. </P>

Falcons are no joke though. Ryan is a very good QB, Turner is a beastly RB at times, and Abraham could cause some big problems for Diehl.</P>

Sundown
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Julio Jones is going to abuse Ross. Roddy White and Tony Gonzo arent too shabby either. We just need to keep the pressure on Ryan like we did vs Romo. Ryan wont be able to squirm out of those potential sack situatins like Romo does. I dont know how he does it. </P>

Falcons are no joke though. Ryan is a very good QB, Turner is a beastly RB at times, and Abraham could cause some big problems for Diehl.</P>

Trust me I'm no underestimating them but Ware is better than Abraham and we double him well enough. Don't see why we can't do that again.

Antwuan
01-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Yep! I live in Atlanta too and I agree.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't know about that. They have 2 very good WR's, a very good RB, and one of the best TE's to ever play the game. Their QB is not having a bad year either.

As far as weather, it looks like it will be around 50 when they play. Not that cold.

T.Rice57
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Well, to play devil's advocate, i think the Falcons match up against our weaknesses pretty well.

The Falcons have an above average RB, with a star WR and, arguably, the best TE in NFL's history. Add in a budding star in J. Jones, and a very solid QB in Matt Ryan, and you have yourself a pretty potent offense. I know we had a couple of big wins these last 2 weeks, but I am nowhere near sold on our defensive schemes. It would not surprise me at all if the Falcons control the clock with long methodical drives (lead the league in TOP).

Conversely, if they control the clock, I can absolutely see Gilbride abandoning the run completely. I do not know much about the Falcons D, except for Abraham, so I can't honestly say how we stack against them. With our weapons, I'm confident we can score on anyone.

Sundown
01-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't know about that. They have 2 very good WR's, a very good RB, and one of the best TE's to ever play the game. Their QB is not having a bad year either.

As far as weather, it looks like it will be around 50 when they play. Not that cold.

Aspects i already covered. Also weather changes. Earlier in the week it was supposed to be cold and windy, then changed to light rain. It's outside, thats all that matters

harrycarson
01-02-2012, 11:13 AM

No that is incorrect, it is cold all week here in NY, I live 4 hours from the stadium and it is now winter (starting today)..Gonna be cold and snowy....That 50 degree stuff is over with Mr. Buddy 33, nice try.

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Im confident in Webby on Rowdy Roddy
Im confident in Boley/JQ/Kiwi on Gonzo
Im confident in our run stopping vs Turner

Im scared like a little girl about Ross covering Julio Jones

chasjay
01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Their 3rd down conversion rate is much better than ours, and likewise, their per game time of possession. That troubles me a little bit. But on the other hand, overall they've played a bit weaker schedule than we have.

Their best win was against the Lions, ours was against the Pats. Their worst loss was against the Bucs and ours, I'd say, were the two against the Skins.

If we don't give up flat-footed plays against Roddy White, Julio Jones and Gonzo, we should be okay - I think.

Sundown
01-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Well, to play devil's advocate, i think the Falcons match up against our weaknesses pretty well.

The Falcons have an above average RB, with a star WR and, arguably, the best TE in NFL's history.* Add in a budding star in J. Jones, and a very solid QB in Matt Ryan, and you have yourself a pretty potent offense.* I know we had a couple of big wins these last 2 weeks, but I am nowhere near sold on our defensive schemes.* It would not surprise me at all if the Falcons control the clock with long methodical drives (lead the league in TOP).

Conversely, if they control the clock, I can absolutely see Gilbride abandoning the run completely.* I do not know much about the Falcons D, except for Abraham, so I can't honestly say how we stack against them.* With our weapons, I'm confident we can score on anyone.

Never said it was an easy win, but i think the the D line playing crazy will cause too much trouble for that o-line. Falcons worst games came when the line sucked. Ive watched some games and they aren't scary good yet. A few more pieces there and they could be another Saints like team

lttaylor56
01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Falcons =dumbest team in the nfl. I like our chances vs falcons better than going against the Lions.

GameTime
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
match ups aside it comes down to the same formula as last nights game. They have to be hugely physical and want it more. They have to play with high energey for 60 minutes....something they didnt do last night. Maybe 45 minutes or so....</P>

Also Romo got his yards and so will Ryan but the points have to kept off the board...</P>

</P>

BigBlue1971
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
i think the key will be their o-line against our d-line. if the Giants can get to Ryan which i think they can it will be a long day.</P>

an intangible......the Giants just arent gonna let a "Ryan" phase them this year. lol</P>

Sundown
01-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Just took a peek at their boards and WOW, they completely discount our offense and want Dunta Robinson to take out Cruz. Bunch of classless idiots over there. Some quotes

"Posted Today, 12:01 PM
These Giants are not that good and lack in WR play without Steve Smith.Cruz is all they have and their run game is spotty even with all three running backs.The problem was lack of execution for the Boys just as it was for the jets.with that being said the Giants have proved that they will not hesitate to take advantage of your mental mistakes if you let them but if the Flacons go into this game displined they will win.after the Giants jumped up to a 21 point lead they got conservative and the offense stalled for long stretches of the game.Guys to me win or loose this organization will be moving forward without MM.I'm confident in that seeing as TG re-signed for one more year.I am confident that we will have a chance to win the game though.The philosophy will be new start this week wiping what they did in the regular season clean. It will come down to who turns over the ball the least and I see the falcons not being scared to loose this time a in my opinion that you can't be scared in the playoffs playing it safe you have to take chances. "

"Posted Today, 10:25 AM
All right Dunta.. I know you're not gonna draw the assignment of covering Victor Cruz. But the least you can do is break his will to come across the middle of the field like you did to Desean Jackson last year and Jermey Maclin this year. I want to make one thing clear. I'm not hoping for a dirty play and I know Robinson has that "dirty player" label. But they can't allow Cruz to run all over the place with no worries.
"

GiantWarfare
01-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Regarding their "below average corners" I always thought Grimes was pretty good/underrated? Every time I see him he's making a play...kid's a ballhawk...

But I think we do match up well w/ ATL and I'd rather see them than the Lions TBH...

But I'm not gonna overestimate our capabilities and underestimate theirs, the Falcons have a very potent offense,

We'll win if our D plays the way it has the last couple of weeks and if Eli keeps the fire lit...

I do like our chances despite a lot of talking heads already counting us out.

ALL IN FTW!!!

Keithnyg
01-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Brent grimes has been hurt. He was questionable on last Sunday and DNP. He may play but almost certainly won't be 100%.

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I live in ATL, and Matty is great at the dome, not so great away from the dome.

Now he will be playing in an outside stadium in the winter months.

Their WRS have had issues in the past, and their run game ha not been what it has in recent years.

Yet they have potential to put points up at times.

scf424
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm worried about tackling. Turner, White, and especially Jones can all break tackles. We cannot throw shoulders around, we have to wrap them up and make a clean tackle. 11 bodies need to be flying to the ball.