PDA

View Full Version : Front 4 gives the Giants a chance

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 10:49 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/45807356/ns/sports-nfl/

Awesome piece u guys should read.Gives some play breakdowns from the defense as well

Something interesting was mentioned in this article about the injuries

The Sacking Wounded

"Every team must deal with injuries, but few teams in history have had to deal with the number of injuries the Giants suffered on defense this year."

"At Football Outsiders, we use a metric called Adjusted Games Lost (AGL) to determine how severe a teamís injury situation has been. AGL separates starters and key reserves from subs, so an injury to Umenyiora or another starter gets more weight than one to some seldom-used backup.The Giants are on pace to finish the season with the third-highest defensive AGL of the last decade, behind only the 2008 Lions (who went 0-16) and the 2009 Bills (who went 6-10 and got their coach fired). Through Week 14, they lost the equivalent of 58.9 games by starters to injuries. That means the Giants go into the average game missing four defensive starters and key reserves.

KidA
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
In before "I stopped reading when he called Eli inept".

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 10:58 AM
He said "Eli can go from Elite to Inept and back again" .Of course stopping there misses the whole point of why I posted this but thats fine, move along.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
That is why PF deserves another year. How many guys where lost for the Giants in their secondary? Tuck is only getting healthy now. Osi has missed about 7-8 games. He lost his starting MLB in pre season and was forced to go with a rookie.

Now that the DL is healthy the pressure they are getting on the QB is making the secondary look better.

harrycarson
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
That is why PF deserves another year. How many guys where lost for the Giants in their secondary? Tuck is only getting healthy now. Osi has missed about 7-8 games. He lost his starting MLB in pre season and was forced to go with a rookie.

Now that the DL is healthy the pressure they are getting on the QB is making the secondary look better.

THe pressure we are getting not only makes the secondary better obviosly but makes this team so scary going into the playoffs. I really think we can beat anyone, this is the playoffs, anything can happen. I am happy to be NFC East Champs, I am happy to be in the playoffs, I would be thrilled to a get a playoff victory, would be thrilled to be in the final 4 of the NFC, at that point let the cards fall as they may because I really think the Packers would rather see anyone at Lambeu except the NY Giants...The giants just have to many playmakers and a offensive and defensive line that can impose their will and take the game from you. Also The Gians have a QB that does not get rattled and if you make a mistake he will hit on the money the receiver. LOOK OUT, REALLY!!!!!

harrycarson
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM

THe pressure we are getting not only makes the secondary better obviosly but makes this team so scary going into the playoffs. I really think we can beat anyone, this is the playoffs, anything can happen. I am happy to be NFC East Champs, I am happy to be in the playoffs, I would be thrilled to a get a playoff victory, would be thrilled to be in the final 4 of the NFC, at that point let the cards fall as they may because I really think the Packers would rather see anyone at Lambeu except the NY Giants...The giants just have to many playmakers and a offensive and defensive line that can impose their will and take the game from you. Also The Gians have a QB that does not get rattled and if you make a mistake he will hit on the money the receiver. LOOK OUT, REALLY!!!!!

Mr Excitement
01-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I think they have a good shot against the Falcons....but we dont' match up well against the Saints....we just don't.

KidA
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
He said "Eli can go from Elite to Inept and back again" .Of course stopping there misses the whole point of why I posted this but thats fine, move along.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that someone's not going to say it.

The injury statistics are not surprising, but it's nice to see the X's and O's of Fewell's attempts to compensate. Still, I think that our defensive line has underperformed this year, with the obvious exception of JPP. We have a lot of money and draft picks tied up in those guys, and most of the year it was only Pierre-Paul who was able to beat his guy and make a positive impact on the game.

GameTime
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
</P>

oh stop....please....</P>

</P>

buddy33
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
I think they have a good shot against the Falcons....but we dont' match up well against the Saints....we just don't.

The way to beat the Saints is to keep up with their offense which is very hard to do. The 1st half of that game was not all that bad for the Giants. The interception really stung after they had stopped the Saints on the fake field goal attempt.

lttaylor56
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
That is my largest concern this post season, the Saints. If we can avoid seeing them in the divisional round and hope for someone else to knock them out, that would be ideal. How the hell did Seattle beat them last year in the wild card.

If we do face them, we need to game plan our defense similar to our attack on the Patriots in 2007 and let our defense go out there like a pack of wild dogs!

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 11:37 AM
That is my largest concern this post season, the Saints.* If we can avoid seeing them in the divisional round and hope for someone else to knock them out, that would be ideal.* How the hell did Seattle beat them last year in the wild card.*

If we do face them, we need to game plan our defense similar to our attack on the Patriots in 2007 and let our defense go out there like a pack of wild dogs!
Game was in Seattle.The Saints are 10 times better at home then they are away.