PDA

View Full Version : Norv?

BigBlueOnes
01-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Listened to a caller on satellite radio about Norv Turner the other day, he said he could see him in Giants as an OC if he gets fired. ???. I forget which show, I think Gil Brandt, who never answered the multi part question.

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:52 AM
The entire coaching staff just earned their extensions. Personally, I were going to change coordinators it would be Fewell for Spags.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
he has to go

buddy33
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Well I think KG is going to be here next year unless he is offered a head coaching job. I think Norv would be an excellent OC for the Giants.

bansaw
01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
you're on crack if you think Gilbride is getting let go

another solid top 10 Offense(8) with a terrible run game and 9th in scoring.

same old same old for KG

NYGFaninILL
01-02-2012, 12:23 PM
you're on crack if you think Gilbride is getting let go

another solid top 10 Offense(8) with a terrible run game and 9th in scoring.

same old same old for KG

Woah, woah, woah. For the past 6 or7 years, the Giants have been one of the best rushing teams in the league.

In fact, people used to criticize KG for passing too much, and not running enough!

Tenspro2002
01-02-2012, 12:31 PM
We don't need a new OC. We need Gilbride to keep doing what he's doing and make only a few tweaks.

In the offseason (or, hell, maybe by next week) he needs to work on designing more creative plays in red zone and short yardage situations. Hopefully he isn't too old to learn some new tricks.

All in all, the passing game works for Eli, Nicks, and Cruz, and we need to sustain that for the next 3-4 years.

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Listened to a caller on satellite radio about Norv Turner the other day, he said he could see him in Giants as an OC if he gets fired. ???. I forget which show, I think Gil Brandt, who never answered the multi part question.I think Norv would be great here as long as there was a claus in the contract that says he can never be headcoach of the Giants.
I could put up with KG as OC again as long as we got Spags back

NY_Eli
01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Why would you want Eli to learn a new offense after his best season as a pro?

And clearly Gilbride has shown he is capable of producing a good running game, as ours has been one of the tops in the nfl since he got here, with the exception of this year of course.

gmen0820
01-02-2012, 12:59 PM

And clearly Gilbride has shown he is capable of producing a good running game, as ours has been one of the tops in the nfl since he got here, with the exception of this year of course.Lol it's funny because this whole season Eli had been having success in spite of KG.

Norv Turner would make this offense extremely dangerous.

fletch842
01-02-2012, 01:03 PM

And clearly Gilbride has shown he is capable of producing a good running game, as ours has been one of the tops in the nfl since he got here, with the exception of this year of course.Lol it's funny because this whole season Eli had been having success in spite of KG.

OC is responsible for a lot more than just calling plays. The offense this season was one of the best we ever put out there. Gilbride is going nowhere (I really don't see him garnering much HC consideration)

gmen0820
01-02-2012, 01:11 PM

OC is responsible for a lot more than just calling plays. The offense this season was one of the best we ever put out there. Gilbride is going nowhere (I really don't see him garnering much HC consideration)Preaching to the choir my man. I've been defending KG his whole career.

I just have Norv in a whole other level. KG isn't going anywhere though, no question.

BigBlueOnes
01-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Wait a second, I posted this but never said I wanted KG gone. I agree he's been hot and cold, last night was a good game plan. But I will bet my left leg he gets a HC gig after another top offensive performance (in spite of his anemic play calling ability). I do think he finds a gig elsewhere, and would probably welcome Norv here if that were a possibility.