PDA

View Full Version : biggest surprise so far?

mattpl908
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
whats ur biggest surprise of this team so far? either the emerging of jpp,cruuzzz or mannings year? or such as the lack of playmaking such as manningham? mine def has to be cruz and or jpp...the two by far of my favorite players this season

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Got to be the impact that Cruz has had. I've always liked him, but didn't expect him to be able to be a big play maker.</P>

Ballard has been a pleasant surprise as well. </P>

ny06
01-02-2012, 11:30 AM
My biggest suprise is Jake Ballard. </P>

We all knew Cruz had the ability and skills to be an exceptional player. </P>

I saw JPP play at USF, and was one of the few fans who was excited to see him drafted by the Giants. </P>

</P>

Giantz4Life
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Cruz without question.

We saw what he could do against the Jets awhile back, but NOBODY saw this coming. An UDFA giving Megatron and Welker a run for their money in leading the NFL in receiving yards? Crazy. 99 yard touchdowns? When is the last time we saw a receiver on the Giants who could do this type of stuff? The answer is never.

He is an unbelievable play maker with the ball in his hands, and that's not all. He goes up and fights for the ball. He's not a one trick pony.

JPP is another great story considering he only started playing football his senior year of high school.

We have two amazingly naturally gifted athletes on our team, and you gotta hand it to Reese and the scouting team for snatching these guys up.

mattpl908
01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
yeah i completely forgot about ballard... i see him as a solid te for years to come....anyone knows if he'll be a go for the falcons?

Roosevelt
01-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Has to be Cruz. We knew he could do some specials things but we didn't know if he could handle all his responsibilities at the WR position. We also had no clue that he would lead the league in receiving yards.

Congrats Victor!

G-Man67
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzz!!!!

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
My original thought was Ballard because I didn't expect anything from him. Cruz, I had a feeling based off of last year's preseason, but of COURSE I did not expect anything like this. I thought he could possibly be a good # 3 with 500 yards this year. So, I'd have to say Cruz.

JPP was not a surprise. I thought he had an raw, but excellent rookie year last year and I thought that he was ready to take off.

chasjay
01-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Cruz has been the biggest for me - in several ways. The speed and ability to get open hasn't been nearly as surprising to me as his "feel" for his craft - his ability to make the tight catches and then to somehow know how to turn and accelerate for the additional yardage. My jaw has dropped several times watching him this year. Eli and Steve Smith may have had good communication, but Victor and Eli are like they are of one mind.

Congratulations to VC - pay him soon, Mr. Mara.

yoeddy
01-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Unfortunately, my biggest surprise has been how bad the running game has been...

Steelman
01-02-2012, 12:24 PM
The biggest surprise for me is the intelligence of Eli. I have to admit that I questioned the fact that we pay him an elite QB salary. He doesn't have the finesse of the other star QB's in the league but his intelligence makes up for that. I look at his numbers and now i'm convinced he deserves every dollar he's being paid.

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 12:34 PM
I agree...It has to be Eli Manning for me as well. I was highly critical of Eli at times and wondered was he worth the $100M contract. I have no question that he deserves it....when u constantly lose players in a Offense and surrounded with a terrible Oline, no running game, and an injured proned tight end position....U have to give this man all the credit in the world. Eli has also overcome huge drops by his receivers and a harsh NY media...and none of that bothers him. The Draft of 2004, changed the face of the franchise forever.

Victor Cruz was a nice surprise and JPP as well.

Im still not really sold on Ballard but if he works more with Eli I can see him developing some chemistry. Reese will probably let him go once he develops that chemistry with Eli.