PDA

View Full Version : Jets likely to dump Bart Scott

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I wanted Bart Scott when the Jets picked him up and he would make a great veteran bookend to Boley and Kiwi could get placed back into the DE rotation. He is aggressive with leadership ability.

I hate to be the "hurry and sign him guy" so I won't be, 'cause he isn't a FA yet so...

when he does become one...HURRY UP AND SIGN HIM REESE!!!

GameTime
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
I wanted Bart Scott when the Jets picked him up and he would make a great veteran bookend to Boley and Kiwi could get placed back into the DE rotation. He is aggressive with leadership ability. I hate to be the "hurry and sign him guy" so I won't be, 'cause he isn't a FA yet so... when he does become one...HURRY UP AND SIGN HIM REESE!!!</P>

nah....he has the stink of Ryan and Jets on him....</P>

better choices out there will be available without the green stink........</P>

Tenspro2002
01-02-2012, 12:06 PM
He's a great veteran presence, but on the wrong side of his prime. You might think we'd be getting the 2005 Antonio Pierce, but more likely we'd be getting the 2008 Antonio Pierce.

On the other hand, he did beat New England and deliver one of the greatest post-game interviews in the history of the NFL.

I'd rather see him on youtube than in Giants blue.

gmen0820
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
He's an Antonio Pierce that's better vs the run at this point of his career. I like his leadership but I actually like what Blackburn has done. He hasn't excelled or shined but he is very vocal on that D.

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
All points are valid...however, we need a good head against the run since we are virtually headless against it. If we can find a better (not just "suitable") replacement, then fine. Goff was stars and stripes our best LB next to Boley and maybe as good or better than Boley...we need another piece and solid depth at that spot

Sarcasman
01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I wanted Bart Scott when the Jets picked him up and he would make a great veteran bookend to Boley and Kiwi could get placed back into the DE rotation. He is aggressive with leadership ability.

I hate to be the "hurry and sign him guy" so I won't be, 'cause he isn't a FA yet so...

when he does become one...HURRY UP AND SIGN HIM REESE!!!

Why would the Giants want to over pay for someone else's mistake?

You know what makes Bart Scott great? Ray Lewis.

If they could have him at league minimum, I'd take him. Otherwise I'd pass.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 12:35 PM
He has lost a step,but if he comes cheap I would take him!

Snappinnecks
01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Wrong guy for our system.

NYfanatic
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
They might also dump Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes and others.
None are worth it. Just Jet trash.

SweetZombieJesus
01-02-2012, 01:36 PM
nah....he has the stink of Ryan and Jets on him....</p>

</p>

Did notice he was consistently going after knees in the Dolphin game
</p>