PDA

View Full Version : Some Start/Sit help

NYGfanSTRICK
09-11-2013, 12:46 PM
League format ( QB, RB, 3 WR, W/R, TE, D, K)

QB- Kap and Eli (I like Kap because he can always have a huge game on the ground too but Seattle is nasty on defense. Eli might be the safer pick because isn't Denver's DB's a little banged up?)

RB- Spiller, Forte, McFadden, DeAngelo, ( I am going to start Forte for sure and idk who I should put in the flex b/t Spiller and McFadden... Spiller plays Carolina who help Marshawn to like 49 yards or something and McFadden plays Jax so he could have a nice game)

WR- Megatron, Bowe, Antonio Brown, Stevie Johnson, Andre Roberts ( Im most likely going to start Megatron, Bowe, Brown, but considering sliding in Stevie for one of the 3 this week but I doubt I will)

TE- Gates and Myers ( I started Gates last week and he did decent but nothing special at all and I think that we are going to pass a lot vs Denver because of the issues that we have had with the running game so far. Im leaning towards Myers... the only thing that has me hesitant is that Myers got most of his pts in the late 4th when the Cowgirls were playing prevent pretty much...)

D- Arizona ( I like their playmaking ability with Peterson and Honeybadger but they are playing Detroit who put on a show offensively last week. Dallas defense is available on waivers right now so I am entertaining the option of dropping Roberts for Dallas D. I can't believe I would consider it but they did force a lot of TO's and I would feel more comfortable with my defense playing KC instead of Detroit)

K- Josh Brown ( he did fine and I will probably stick with him because the Giants typically kick a lot of FG's throughout the year and he has a boot!)

any suggestions would be appreciated

Moke
09-11-2013, 12:53 PM
QB - Eli Manning
RB- Forte and McFadden
WR - Megatron, Brown, Bowe
TE - Gates (wouldn't touch Myers)
D- I'd keep arizona.
K - Josh Brown

NYGfanSTRICK
09-11-2013, 12:58 PM
QB - Eli Manning
RB- Forte and McFadden
WR - Megatron, Brown, Bowe
TE - Gates (wouldn't touch Myers)
D- I'd keep arizona.
K - Josh Brown

Thanks man and if you aren't a fan of Myers should I pick up Winslow Jr? He is available and I considered picking him up instead of Myers

Moke
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks man and if you aren't a fan of Myers should I pick up Winslow Jr? He is available and I considered picking him up instead of Myers

I'm a fan of Myers but not this week. I just don't see it happening at all. I'd rather be safe. I'm not sure how Winslow will fair this weekend so I really can't tell ya

Toadofsteel
09-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I got one:

WR: Julio Jones, Reggie Wayne, Rueben Randle, Miles Austin
RB: Doug Martin, David Wilson, Knowshon Moreno (had Shane Vereen but he's IR now, just picked up Jacobs for the time being...)
TE: Jermichael Finley, Zach Miller (SEA)

I need to start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and a flex. It largely depends on whether I should give Wilson another shot. I feel like if he's good enough for the coaches, he's good enough for me. I still won last week despite Wilson btw...

Oh, and QB is solidly Aaron Rodgers. I should have started Eli last week (he actually outperformed Rodgers in fantasy despite the picks), but now that Rodgers' hardest game is behind him, he should be improving from here on out... All that said, if Eli starts balling hard and Wilson flops again, I may consider trading Rodgers for a top-shelf RB.

Moke
09-11-2013, 01:23 PM
RB is tight, I would go doug martin as obvious and the other one is a toss-up.

WR is obvious Jones and Reggie

NYGfanSTRICK
09-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Id probably go

RB- Martin Wilson
WR- Jones, Wayne
TE- Finley

I say Wilson just because I have a hard time thinking that he will have a performance like last week. I think he will at least get a solid 7-8 pts with a chance to get to the mid to high-teens if he can get into the endzone

Toadofsteel
09-11-2013, 02:08 PM
RB is tight, I would go doug martin as obvious and the other one is a toss-up.

WR is obvious Jones and Reggie

Right... I know that RB is tight, that's why I posted this and why I also mentioned the possibility of trading Rodgers for a top tier RB if Eli holds up.

And I know that WR is obviously those two, they're my ingrained starters... I just listed the other two because I need a flex as well...

gmen0820
09-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Kaep, Spiller, Megatron/Bowe/Brown, Forte, Gates.

Giant303
09-12-2013, 11:55 AM
QB-Kap, RG3
WR- AJ Green, D.Thomas, Nicks, Hopkins, Edelman
RB-Rice, Miller, Matthews,
TE-Myers, Bennett
D-Chiefs, Lions, or panthers?(they are available via waiver)

curious for opinions on the best starters.

Toadofsteel
09-12-2013, 05:50 PM
RG3, Green, Thomas, Rice, Miller, Bennett...

If you need a flex, Nicks.

Flip Empty
09-12-2013, 06:41 PM
If you can start three WRs, you might want to throw Edelman in there as well. With Amendola out, he'll likely be the focal point of the pass attack.

If Sudfeld goes, he could get a look in as well. It'll be funny to see him blow up after people have dropped him.

Toadofsteel
09-12-2013, 08:09 PM
If you can start three WRs, you might want to throw Edelman in there as well. With Amendola out, he'll likely be the focal point of the pass attack.

If Sudfeld goes, he could get a look in as well. It'll be funny to see him blow up after people have dropped him.

Sudfeld is out... but the guy in my league didn't drop him... smh, I wanted him...

Flip Empty
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Sudfeld is out... but the guy in my league didn't drop him... smh, I wanted him...
Didn't realize that. Man, that game is just asking for a Jets upset.