PDA

View Full Version : The plan to beat the Falcons...it is fairly simple

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline.

Matt Ryan is an accurate short to moderate passer which means Fewell cannot play his rush 3 defense with soft secondary coverage or he will dink and dunk his way to a win...or at least a shootout.

I definately think we can win this game and move on to Greenbay and win. I believe we get GB if NO beats Detroit which I expect them to do. If Detroit wins then we go to SF...I do believe if the Giants play like they have the last two games (except when Fewell still tried his rush 3 D) they can beat GB and SF but will have problems with NO no matter what.

There is potential here

Mod_N
01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Their WRs scare me a lot. But a lot less than if we faced Detroit, glad we're playing the Falcons at OUR HOUSE. Matt Ryan doesn't lose at home.

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline.

Matt Ryan is an accurate short to moderate passer which means Fewell cannot play his rush 3 defense with soft secondary coverage or he will dink and dunk his way to a win...or at least a shootout.

I definately think we can win this game and move on to Greenbay and win. I believe we get GB if NO beats Detroit which I expect them to do. If Detroit wins then we go to SF...I do believe if the Giants play like they have the last two games (except when Fewell still tried his rush 3 D) they can beat GB and SF but will have problems with NO no matter what.

There is potential here

Matt Ryan has 2 superstar receivers and a top flight TE that he utilizes to GO ALONG with Turner

Do not sleep on their offense

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 01:35 PM
i think people will overlook one HUGE aspect in our favor, the falcons LOVE to run 7 step drops for their pass plays.

u try and do 5 and 7 step drop backs vs our DL, and u might as well not even bother throwing it.

their wr's and te won't be able to catch anything if ryan is sacked and pressured/hurried all game. to me, thats the one key that tips the scales in our favor.

dave56dj
01-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Their wideoutes - especially Jones (of course white too) can get deep on you fast - and they are both big boys. The best way to keep them from getting deep - PRESSURE and it looks like we are finally seeing JPP OSI and TUCK al at their best right now so theres a good chance there. Make no mistake Julio Jones is a beast and its gonna be interesting to see who webby gets - the vet white or the youngster jones - wither way ross will struggle with the other but hopefully can cover enough for the front to get home. Remember that Cowboys Oline was beat up - not so much in ATlanta.

Unlike the cowboys the Falcons are a power run team - you have to utilize your space eaters. Linval Boley Bernard Canty and Chase are gonna have to lay some wood to stop the attack.

Boley also has to do a good job keeping the best TE of all time, albeit a little, and i do mean a little slower then he once was. He played nicely againsgt whitten so i think we have a shot there too.

AS usual the giant d is based on one thing - GETTING HOME

DJloves
01-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Our running defense definitely improved last night. Kiwi in particular made some excellent plays. *However, our tackling was still fairly poor. We could have held the Cowboys back a lot more had we made some key tackles when we should have. Our guys have got to wrap the opponents up.

jakegibbs
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM

There is potential here

THEY ALSO RUN OVER 60% NO HUDDLE SO FEWELL BETTER HAVE THEM PREPARED.

NY_Eli
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
i think people will overlook one HUGE aspect in our favor, the falcons LOVE to run 7 step drops for their pass plays.

u try and do 5 and 7 step drop backs vs our DL, and u might as well not even bother throwing it.

their wr's and te won't be able to catch anything if ryan is sacked and pressured/hurried all game. to me, thats the one key that tips the scales in our favor.

Great point. They do a lot of play actions too, which can easily result in a lot of sacks.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 03:27 PM
They are so much more than just a good RB. They have 2 very good WR's, one of the best TE's to ever play the game, a very good RB, and a very good QB.

The defense will have their hands full. The Giants offense needs to score lots of points.

DJloves
01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
They are so much more than just a good RB. They have 2 very good WR's, one of the best TE's to ever play the game, a very good RB, and a very good QB.

The defense will have their hands full. The Giants offense needs to score lots of points.

Similar to the Cowboys.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM

Similar to the Cowboys.

I think they have a better offense.

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
The best plan against the falcons is have someone go Tonya Harding on Julio Jones

I feel like we can keep Rowdy Roddy and Gonzo relatively under control, and we seem to do better against power backs who arent receiving threats outta the backfield

tuck&rolle
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Something that may have gone overlooked yesterday with all the focus on Romo was that the Giants held the Cowboys to 49 total rushing yards. Anytime you can do that, a great offense becomes a merely good offense

dave56dj
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Someone on this thread mentioned lack of tackling last night - or poor tackling? You must be kidding - there was almost no yac at all and very few missed tackles at ALL. Whitten made boley miss a couple times but other then that the tackling was superb.

Sundown
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
I wish Prince had a little more experience cause he'd be perfect for this type of game

dinz
01-02-2012, 04:04 PM
right on dave, great tackling by all the giants last night

egyptian420
01-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I think if we can shut down turner we got this one

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Tony Gonzalez is going to be a pain to deal with...

It's never too early to gear the Giants offense to sustain long drives to keep the other team's offense off the field as much as possible especially in this season's playoffs.
So no more 5-yard pass plays on 3rd and long Gilbride...

GameTime
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline. Matt Ryan is an accurate short to moderate passer which means Fewell cannot play his rush 3 defense with soft secondary coverage or he will dink and dunk his way to a win...or at least a shootout. I definately think we can win this game and move on to Greenbay and win. I believe we get GB if NO beats Detroit which I expect them to do. If Detroit wins then we go to SF...I do believe if the Giants play like they have the last two games (except when Fewell still tried his rush 3 D) they can beat GB and SF but will have problems with NO no matter what. There is potential here</P>

Nothing about a playoff game is simple. Besides you say the Giants run is no good and that they need to stop Turner. Well if the Giants run D isnt good what so simple about stopping Turner???</P>

Its going to be tough game all a round. The Giants have to clean up the ball protection. They recovered two fumbles Sunday which is good but they still fumbled. No mistakes. </P>

I like the matchups overalland their passing game will get decent yards for sure. Keeping them from scoring 7 is key.</P>

Eli and the O will be able to move the ball on them for sure and seeing our running game do pretty good for three weeks now is a good thing. Good to see the short passing game being utilized more too with Hynoski and Pascoe and the running backs. </P>

Wes
01-02-2012, 05:22 PM
i think people will overlook one HUGE aspect in our favor, the falcons LOVE to run 7 step drops for their pass plays. u try and do 5 and 7 step drop backs vs our DL, and u might as well not even bother throwing it. their wr's and te won't be able to catch anything if ryan is sacked and pressured/hurried all game. to me, thats the one key that tips the scales in our favor.</P>

</P>

they know that and they wont use 7 step drops. J.Jones is elusive and big and fast....they will utilize him alot on WR screens, short quick things ot the middle, him and R. White</P>

They are big strong fast guys and none of our DBs will be able to stop them across the middle.</P>

we really match up bad against them.</P>

the best game plan will be to take advantage of thier poor defense and score a buttl oad of points, like how the saints do lol</P>

they will come out with a run first, short quick passes and try to eat up clock and catch us here n there on the PA pass.</P>

If we run up the score, then it will take them out of thier game plan and cause them to pass and pass deeper etc...allowing our DL to tee up on Ryan.</P>

fumbles, Ints, missed opportunities and missed FGs wont cut it in this years playoffs...these offenses are stocked full of speed, size and talent with very good QBs...not Romos....every inch, every point, every poss will need to count.</P>

in all honestly, what we did against the cowboys wont be enough to beat even the 5th or sixth seed in the NFC...we will have to step it up and play better.</P>

2-3 turnovers we had against dallas that could of been devistating and game changers, we do that sunday and those guys will make us pay. The poor OL run blocking..allowing thier offense chance after chance to score and wear down out Def wont work...we got to get 100% from the OL all game...not just the 1st, 2nd and 4th qtr</P>

</P>

Joe Morrison
01-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Everyone needs to settle down, if you are not looking forward to a Giants win and are really a Giants Fan just go back to wherever you belong.</P>

The Giants Defense can stop the run, took them 14 games to get everyone healthy up front so I don't see Turner taking over the game, in reality Turner has had an off year for him.</P>

What we need to do is get in Ryans face, he has White and Jones who I feel are better than the Giants have had to deal with the last two weeks.</P>

As far as their defense, Eli will move the ball on them and I think the Giants just end up out scoring them in the long run.</P>

Enjoy the week, stay positive.</P>

jjj45
01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Their wideoutes - especially Jones (of course white too) can get deep on you fast - and they are both big boys. The best way to keep them from getting deep - PRESSURE and it looks like we are finally seeing JPP OSI and TUCK al at their best right now so theres a good chance there. Make no mistake Julio Jones is a beast and its gonna be interesting to see who webby gets - the vet white or the youngster jones - wither way ross will struggle with the other but hopefully can cover enough for the front to get home. <font size="5">Remember that Cowboys Oline was beat up - not so much in ATlanta</font>.

Unlike the cowboys the Falcons are a power run team - you have to utilize your space eaters. Linval Boley Bernard Canty and Chase are gonna have to lay some wood to stop the attack.

Boley also has to do a good job keeping the best TE of all time, albeit a little, and i do mean a little slower then he once was. He played nicely againsgt whitten so i think we have a shot there too.

AS usual the giant d is based on one thing - GETTING HOMEAtlanta's Oline is not good. Our D-line will be a nightmare for them.

Yeah they have threats, but what team in the playoffs doesn't?

We should beat the Falcons. They really aren't that good. And we get em in the meadowlands.

What we do the rest of the playoffs, I dont know.

NjGiant42
01-02-2012, 05:50 PM
The best way to win , is to keep our Defense off the field and no penalties.

hungrrrry
01-02-2012, 05:56 PM
...We need to stop the run...Michael Turner is a beast and is getting hot at seasons end. Our run defense is not very good! If we can shut the run game down our offense can tear up their secondary. If John Abraham wasn't on the Dline for the Falcons I would say we have nothing to worry about with their pass-rush, but he is one defender. Our Oline should handle the Falcon Dline. Matt Ryan is an accurate short to moderate passer which means Fewell cannot play his rush 3 defense with soft secondary coverage or he will dink and dunk his way to a win...or at least a shootout. I definately think we can win this game and move on to Greenbay and win. I believe we get GB if NO beats Detroit which I expect them to do. If Detroit wins then we go to SF...I do believe if the Giants play like they have the last two games (except when Fewell still tried his rush 3 D) they can beat GB and SF but will have problems with NO no matter what. There is potential here</P>

Nothing about a playoff game is simple. Besides you say the Giants run is no good and that they need to stop Turner. Well if the Giants run D isnt good what so simple about stopping Turner???</P>

Its going to be tough game all a round. The Giants have to clean up the ball protection. They recovered two fumbles Sunday which is good but they still fumbled. No mistakes. </P>

I like the matchups overall*and their passing game will get decent yards for sure. Keeping them from scoring 7 is key.</P>

*Eli and the O will be able to move the ball on them for sure and seeing our running game do pretty good for three weeks now is a good thing. Good to see the short passing game being utilized more too with Hynoski and Pascoe and the running backs. </P>What I meant by simple was the concept. For our run defense it will be challenging. If they can play like they have in the last 2 weeks then we have a fighters chance.
If we don't allow them to get a run-game going then we can minimise the long ball to by sending the house on obvious passing plays limiting the passes to quick outs and slants to possible mid-range. Keeping our guys tight will allow us to make plays if we get the pressure on Ryan. I think our offense will keep us in the game as long as turnovers dont hamper us.

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM
i think people will overlook one HUGE aspect in our favor, the falcons LOVE to run 7 step drops for their pass plays. u try and do 5 and 7 step drop backs vs our DL, and u might as well not even bother throwing it. their wr's and te won't be able to catch anything if ryan is sacked and pressured/hurried all game. to me, thats the one key that tips the scales in our favor.</P>

*</P>

they know that and they wont use 7 step drops.* J.Jones is elusive and big and fast....they will utilize him alot on WR screens, short quick things ot the middle, him and R. White</P>

They are big strong fast guys and none of our DBs will be able to stop them across the middle.</P>

we really match up bad against them.</P>

the best game plan will be to take advantage of thier poor defense and score a buttl oad of points, like how the saints do lol</P>

they will come out with a run first, short quick passes and try to eat up clock and catch us here n there on the PA pass.</P>

If we run up the score, then it will take them out of thier game plan and cause them to pass and pass deeper etc...allowing our DL to tee up on Ryan.</P>

fumbles, Ints, missed opportunities and missed FGs wont cut it in this years playoffs...these offenses are stocked full of speed, size and talent with very good QBs...not Romos....every inch, every point, every poss will need to count.</P>

in all honestly, what we did against the cowboys wont be enough to beat even the 5th or sixth seed in the NFC...we will have to step it up and play better.</P>

2-3 turnovers we had against dallas that could of been devistating and game changers, we do that sunday and those guys will make us pay.* The poor OL run blocking..allowing thier offense chance after chance to score and wear down out Def wont work...we got to get 100% from the OL all game...not just the 1st, 2nd and 4th qtr</P>

*</P>

if we force them into 3 step drops (which they haven't done pretty much all season) and force them into quick throws, we win. that is not atlantas style of play. in the playoffs u dont want to change things up and change ur identity, u want to play to ur identity as well as u can.

sure atlanta may use a few quick drop back throws, but they absolutely will use their 5 and 7 step drop backs. julio jones and roddy white are at their best when they are running vertical routes. we force them into 6 and 7 yd receptions, their offense wont be able to outscore us. they may have a drive or two of 16 play 80 yard drives, but if we can limit their big plays, that absolutely favors us.

we struggle with those elusive type backs like mccoy. power backs, i like our chances.

romo is a better qb than ryan in mine and most anyones opinion. ryan is still young, very talented but nonetheless young. hasnt won a playoff game yet.

plus, atlata is very mediocre on the road.

i think we match up better vs them than they match up vs us.

our offense will score points, if we can get an early lead like vs dallas, they won't have a choice but to start using those longer drop backs.

i agree to disagree with much of ur post although i still respect ur insights a majority of the time.