PDA

View Full Version : Harooni... See why you don't watch the play clock??

Mod_N
01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Osi getting flagged for encroachment because he tried to watch the play clock (I think, he might have jumped at the Left Guard). But Romo was trying to take a timeout.

dave56dj
01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Osi did seem to be playing the clock as he usually does to get a great start on the speed rush - however the guard came up and looked back at romo - not really a false start as he didnt rock or flinch he just came up to get a call - but I think OSI saw that and went - it went from 2nd and 15 to 2nd and 10 - I'll let it go CONSIDERING WE WON THE EAST - AND OSI HAD 2 SACKS.

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
on a slightly related topic, its funny how eli gets killed for his "consistent" delay of game penalties.

i can remember 3 maybe 4 all year.

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
im split.

I'm not sure if that was the case or if Osi got triggered by the left guard who made a sharp turn to look behind him to see what Romo was doing.

You absolutely have to jump the clock if u can.

burier
01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
you shouldn't be looking at the clock.

For one thing refs let the clock hang at 0 for a whole beat before they blow the whistle so going on the clock could very well get you penalized.

Also in a cituation where the QB is trying to call a time out like last night, you put the ref in a situation where he can just call you offisde.

Leave as little to the refs a possible.

Watching the ball works every time. You never can go wrong.