PDA

View Full Version : Cruz @ $450K

Husky
01-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Was that a steal, or what! How much did Philly pay Smith?[:D]
[I] Eli should give the kid a few bucks, considering that Cruz contributed 33% of Eli,s passing yards.

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I think he only makes about $600K next year too. I expect the Giants to extend his contract after this one runs dry. Hopefully they can do what they did with Tuck and give Cruz a 4 year extention after next, giving us 5 more years.</P>

Our cap situation is scary bad though... </P>

</P>

gmen0820
01-02-2012, 02:48 PM
If we go deep in the playoffs I see him getting a Tuck extension. Best do it early. I mean I would like to see him replicate his success to make sure he isn't a OYW, but other then that his price is just going up up up.

M0rbid
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Got to wonder what Steve Smith is thinking right now.

BlueSanta
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I prefer not to think about it right now, but we are going to have to do some serious roster reorganizing soon. We will have to secure both Cruz and JPP with longer and bigger contracts. This means we will need to trim a lot of fat.

Sarcasman
01-02-2012, 03:28 PM
If we go deep in the playoffs I see him getting a Tuck extension. Best do it early. I mean I would like to see him replicate his success to make sure he isn't a OYW, but other then that his price is just going up up up.

This.

Lock him up now if you can. Good for him and good for the team.

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Was that a steal, or what!* How much did Philly pay Smith?[:D]
[I] Eli should give the kid a few bucks, considering that Cruz contributed 33% of Eli,s passing yards.

Philly only gave Smith a 1 year $4M deal...Philly had a ton of cap space so it didnt hurt them. But I dont understand why every1 puts Smith down...He had a great attitude here and was more productive than Manningham will ever be. Smith had 100 catches in 1 season, I bet it would take Mario 3 seasons to accomplish that. Lets be thankful...Mario Manningham and Barden, and Stokley didnt pan out and gave Cruz the chance.

Lets hope Reese dont low ball Cruz in the future...

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
If Cruz's agent has any right to call himself that, there's no way he steps into next year with that contract.

Philly didn't accomplish their main goal of getting SS12 to produce, but they got a nice side-effect of taking him away from us, and who knows. . .maybe just ruining his career by playing him too early.

Drez
01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Philly only gave Smith a 1 year $4M deal...Philly had a ton of cap space so it didnt hurt them. But I dont understand why every1 puts Smith down...He had a great attitude here and was more productive than Manningham will ever be. Smith had 100 catches in 1 season, I bet it would take Mario 3 seasons to accomplish that. Lets be thankful...Mario Manningham and Barden, and Stokley didnt pan out and gave Cruz the chance. Lets hope Reese dont low ball Cruz in the future...</P>

Wrong. Smith signed a $2.281m contract with only $2m guarantee (which was about twice what we offered, we just weren't planning on rushing him back like the Eagles). I would assume with under 30 catches, only 1 td, and being inactive for half the season (betweennotbeing dressed and IR)he didn't reach any of his incentives.</P>

We didn't low ball Smith. Smith just wanted more than he was worth coming off microfracture surgery.</P>

Husky
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
That was not a put down on Smith. It was a statement about how well the Giants did in replacing him both on the field and monetarily.

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM

Philly only gave Smith a 1 year $4M deal...Philly had a ton of cap space so it didnt hurt them. <font size="6">But I dont understand why every1 puts Smith down...He had a great attitude here </font>and was more productive than Manningham will ever be. Smith had 100 catches in 1 season, I bet it would take Mario 3 seasons to accomplish that. Lets be thankful...Mario Manningham and Barden, and Stokley didnt pan out and gave Cruz the chance.

Lets hope Reese dont low ball Cruz in the future...Were you out of the country when he left our team??? You DO know he signed with the filthy iggles right?!!?

Drez
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Philly only gave Smith a 1 year $4M deal...Philly had a ton of cap space so it didnt hurt them. <FONT size=6>But I dont understand why every1 puts Smith down...He had a great attitude here </FONT>and was more productive than Manningham will ever be. Smith had 100 catches in 1 season, I bet it would take Mario 3 seasons to accomplish that. Lets be thankful...Mario Manningham and Barden, and Stokley didnt pan out and gave Cruz the chance. Lets hope Reese dont low ball Cruz in the future...Were you out of the country when he left our team??? You DO know he signed with the filthy iggles right?!!?
</P>

No, Smith had a good attitude until he gave the organization (and fanbase) the middle finger while doing unspeakable things to the Mara's and Tiche's mothers on his way out the door.</P>

ajd121
01-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Giants paid $293 per yard for Cruz, Eagles paid $32,358 per yard for Smith

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
We're going to be enjoying Victor Cruz like the St. Louis Cardinals enjoying Albert Pujol's early years at a cheap rate. :>

Harooni
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Got to wonder what Steve Smith is thinking right now.

probably thinking how to spend the many times more $$$ he got then cruz. to a lot of those players thats what they mostly care about. why do giant fans assume they are in a corner crying?

we are hard core fans, they are players. they dont have the same feelings and attachments to the Giants as we have.