PDA

View Full Version : Can everyone now please shut up about Osi? Give him his due he loves this team

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
9 sacks in 9 games, 7 starts.

The production speaks for itself for those of you hating on him & our players need to step back & embrace them.

Some of the posts I just read from last night are asinine.

Coach Carter
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM

The production speaks for itself for those of you hating on him & our players need to step back & embrace them.

+72

brad
01-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I think most of the negativity comes from him wanting to be traded... at least from me. Osi is an outstanding player and I would love to see him back next year, however I think the chances of that are slim with the emergence of JPP and him being so vocal about wanting to leave.

dave56dj
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Like every other guy in BLUE - when they play i love em and back em no matter what. Osi has been a headache off the field and Reese is generally not hip to that stuff. Then again you cant blame players for wanting theirs in this rough league.

When the guy is out there he is a pass rushing demon - Glad to see 72 on 3rd downs always, and with JPP and Tuck no reason to see him on rushing situations - which works ot well.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM

+72

Hahaha well played [Y]

radar-ray
01-02-2012, 02:33 PM

+72

Hahaha well played [Y]
Agree 100%!!! Lucky for us those dimwit "Experts" that called him a jerk the other day, and want to trade him for a 3rd rounder, don't run the team.

Sarcasman
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM

What's to talk about, the guy has hardly played this year.

Spizi
01-02-2012, 02:53 PM

+72

Hahaha well played [Y]
Agree 100%!!! Lucky for us those dimwit "Experts" that called him a jerk the other day, and want to trade him for a 3rd rounder, don't run the team.

You mean like Jerry Reese who's going to do exactly that this offseason? It's not because we don't need Osi, it's because we can't afford to keep him on the team.

DJloves
01-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I love Osi and his performance level, that's not the problem. The problem is whether he loves us. Did he really say that he wanted to be traded to another team? There's nothing that irks me more than a player who doesn't want to be a part of this team.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 03:22 PM
You can praise him all you want. Unless he stops asking for money he will be gone next year.

radar-ray
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM

+72

Hahaha well played [Y]

You mean like Jerry Reese who's going to do exactly that this offseason? It's not because we don't need Osi, it's because we can't afford to keep him on the team.Well I'll leave that up to JR and TC, not the "arm chair qb's" on this board. We'll see what happens. 9 sacks, 9 games says it all, with 2 sacks in crunch time last night. If it's a $ question, there's plenty of over paid guys on the OL.

ITELLNOLIES
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM

hey bud that's like asking people to stop eating ice cream, it will never happen 9 sacks in 8 games? the average giant fan thinks that's normal production because they are comparing him to guess who Osi!! 99 percent of every DE that started in the NFL didn't have 5 sacks in total for the entire season. But hey who cares they hate osi because they love osi, go figure.

ITELLNOLIES
01-02-2012, 04:20 PM

hey bud that's like asking people to stop eating ice cream, it will never happen 9 sacks in 8 games? the average giant fan thinks that's normal production because they are comparing him to guess who Osi!! 99 percent of every DE that started in the NFL didn't have 5 sacks in total for the entire season. But hey who cares they hate osi because they love osi, go figure.

burier
01-02-2012, 07:20 PM
ok so he had a good game.

What are we gonna do next year. We gonna give him a 5 year contract????

There's an outside shot that Osi will be willing to play out his contract and then retire other than that we really dont have a choice but to trade him for a 3rd round pick.

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 07:31 PM
9 sacks in<font size="6"> 9 games</font>, <font size="6">7 starts</font>.

The production speaks for itself for those of you hating on him &amp; our players need to step back &amp; embrace them.

Not hating on Osi, but keeping it real. How much more money do you give a guy (under contract) who starts less than half the season? And probably shouldn't have started that many.

And it's not about hating the working-man, but it's a salary-cap league.

All respect, Go Blue!!

DemandedAce
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
9 sacks in<font size="6"> 9 games</font>, <font size="6">7 starts</font>.

Not hating on Osi, but keeping it real.* How much more money do you give a guy (under contract) who starts less than half the season?* And probably shouldn't have started that many.

And it's not about hating the working-man, but it's a salary-cap league.*

All respect, Go Blue!!

Not to mention he wants to be paid like a top three end when he isn't at all he is a top three situational rusher but that's it. He is not a complete end and should not be compensated as such especially after missing half the season. Still love him but he shouldn't be so selfish with a front loaded contract, giants all the way to the big bowl

rainierjef
01-02-2012, 07:54 PM

These message board fans are gonna speculate, bicker and ***** about Osi, in there defense Osi did it to himself by writing what he did about reese not the organization; reese... wait that wasn't Osi's fault he was it was part of an affidavit.

Affidavit: is a written sworn statement of fact voluntarily made by an affiant or deponent under an oath or affirmation administered by a person authorized to do so by law. Such statement is witnessed as to the authenticity of the affiant's signature by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public or commissioner of oaths. ( For those who doesn't know ) so what he said was factual or he would of suffered jail time by penalty of perjury. i think we've discussed this thoroughly last offseason. so i guess it was his fault cause he volunteered to write it.... wait? Osi as well as other players in contract disputes were mandated to do this by law as defendants in the brady v. NFL case. hmmmmmm how else can i pin this on OSI?

Well he did sit out the four weeks he was told by doctors to sit out, we all in our infinite professional knowledge know that high ankle injuries only last two days most from our own or family related experiences. " my dad had a high ankle spain sometime ago he didn't not walk or run for 4 weeks." ( i will not reveal the posters name that said that for his/her safety)

Fact: this defense plays a rotation it's what was done when spags was here its whats done now, keep the pass rushers fresh, its why we drafted DE's high in the past couple years. Osi is a speed rusher that most LT's can't keep up with. is he an all-round DE is he great at the run meh... debatable thats why we have a SAM and a MIKE.

i'm not going to say stop *****ing psi out cause its what you guys do best. i for one hope he's back next year, money issues i don't care its too many unknown factors that the fans think they know cause they read all these reports from reporters or analyst. things can be restructured in ways we would of never guessed and it would make sense. guess why cause we NEVER would of guessed it.

Osi 9 sacks in the 9 games he's played, JPP is a beast, Tuck fell off a little due to injury but he's back and showing force , and Kiwi back at times on the line is refreshing to see, Tolley is a great spark to the rotation as well. I'm happy

Worst thing to ever happen to sports is allowing fans to know a portion of the financial statuses of teams, everyone swears their an expert cause they can add and subtract in the millions

BigBlue1971
01-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I think most of the negativity comes from him wanting to be traded... at least from me. Osi is an outstanding player and I would love to see him back next year, however I think the chances of that are slim with the emergence of JPP and him being so vocal about wanting to leave.</P>

</P>

i think that is the reason so many were raggin on him.</P>

when hes played, hes played well and he is certainly needed in this defense.</P>

id like to see him a in <FONT color=#0000ff>blue </FONT>a coupla more years.</P>

rainierjef
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I think most of the negativity comes from him wanting to be traded... at least from me. Osi is an outstanding player and I would love to see him back next year, however I think the chances of that are slim with the emergence of JPP and him being so vocal about wanting to leave.</P>

*</P>

i think that is the reason so many were raggin on him.</P>

when hes played, hes played well and he is certainly needed in this defense.</P>

id like to see him a in <FONT color=#0000ff>blue </FONT>a coupla more years.</P>

Can you link me the post where Osi said himself that he wants to leave the organization?

bigbluefan1986
01-02-2012, 08:12 PM
I hold no animosity toward Osi for wanting what he believes is his.. I do feel he does not always play up to a high level of intensity. Sure his production is there but to me his 2 sacks on Sunday night were gift wrapped for him. one was a missed assignment on the cowboys o line, the other a romo miscue and running into osi's arms cause he sensed pressure which wasn't even there. </P>

I was just as critical about tuck but guess what I watch tuck now and even though his sacks are not there his intensity and effort and busting up plays are there. I also believe JPP is playing at a high level in fact higher than any de we have. </P>

</P>

I would like to see Osi matchtheir effortsand with or without the productive numbers I will be the first to admit he belongs in the starting line up after I see that.</P>

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 03:34 AM
9 sacks and how many rushing yards given up trying to go for the QB all the time?

SweetZombieJesus
01-03-2012, 03:50 AM
Well I'll leave that up to JR and TC, not the "arm chair qb's" on this board. We'll see what happens. 9 sacks, 9 games says it all, with 2 sacks in crunch time last night. If it's a $ question, there's plenty of over paid guys on the OL.

Osi's last contract was front loaded -- meaning he made more money up front and the contract got smaller in later years. So he knew all this when he signed the contract. He made noise about the contract the year before too, demanding more money. Osi wants to be paid as a top 5 DE when he isn't one. But this year he let it get to the point where he held out from training camp and asked his agent to work out a trade -- which nobody bit on. Osi played every single card he had this year (pissing off Jerry Reese) and lost. He's gone.

On top of that, Tuck is a better DE and making less than Osi (so if anyone deserves more it's Tuck not Osi, and Tuck is not barking about money). Tuck was resigned for a bargain, and he's honoring his contract with hopes of being rewarded on the next go-round. On top of that, JPP emerged and will demand a bank-busting contract, I'm sure the Giants will try to resign him early at a bargain price. So who are you going to spend money on, JPP, Tuck, or Osi? Two of them are younger, have more upside, and don't stomp their feet in public about their paychecks. The other is at the end of his career, is only a situational player, has been upstaged by a phenomenal young player, and has enraged the front office with his ingratitude.

Osi is sooooo gone.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Well I'll leave that up to JR and TC, not the "arm chair qb's" on this board. We'll see what happens. 9 sacks, 9 games says it all, with 2 sacks in crunch time last night. If it's a $ question, there's plenty of over paid guys on the OL.

Osi's last contract was front loaded -- meaning he made more money up front and the contract got smaller in later years. So he knew all this when he signed the contract. He made noise about the contract the year before too, demanding more money. Osi wants to be paid as a top 5 DE when he isn't one. But this year he let it get to the point where he held out from training camp and asked his agent to work out a trade -- which nobody bit on. Osi played every single card he had this year (pissing off Jerry Reese) and lost. He's gone.

On top of that, Tuck is a better DE and making less than Osi (so if anyone deserves more it's Tuck not Osi, and Tuck is not barking about money). Tuck was resigned for a bargain, and he's honoring his contract with hopes of being rewarded on the next go-round. On top of that, JPP emerged and will demand a bank-busting contract, I'm sure the Giants will try to resign him early at a bargain price. So who are you going to spend money on, JPP, Tuck, or Osi? Two of them are younger, have more upside, and don't stomp their feet in public about their paychecks. The other is at the end of his career, is only a situational player, has been upstaged by a phenomenal young player, and has enraged the front office with his ingratitude.

Osi is sooooo gone.

Makes a ton of sense to me.

Jon6777
01-03-2012, 04:48 AM

Osi is sooooo gone.

And hes still under contract for another year so we can trade him after the season, hopefully picking up a 3rd rounder at least. his salary is way too high to keep as a situational player.

OX1
01-03-2012, 07:01 AM

Osi is sooooo gone.

And hes still under contract for another year so we can trade him after the season, hopefully picking up a 3rd rounder at least. his salary is way too high to keep as a situational player.

For the money Osi wants, we would be better off improving the secondary. Even without Osi, the line (when healthy) many times just needs a split second longer to get to a QB. And Osi is useless when the screens start flying, which a better secondary would also help with.

nhpgiantsfan
01-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I don't see how he can make big money demands this year. Guys who play 9 games in the previous season don't get big contracts. I am sure Osi and his agents realize this. It just doesn't happen. Unless he goes crazy in the post season, I don't see how he has any leverage with us or any team.

buddy33
01-03-2012, 08:57 AM
It's not like I want him off the team, but how do they pay Tuck and others that are younger and will be around longer. Unless he is ok with a pay cut the Giants could very well trade him.

Morehead State
01-03-2012, 09:19 AM

The production speaks for itself for those of you hating on him &amp; our players need to step back &amp; embrace them.

</P>

I'm sorry. I think he's a bum.</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 09:29 AM

</P>

</P>

I was beating down on Osi the last few weeks since my feeling were once the Giants were very close to a playoff berth he would be back at practice and back to playing. I really felt that if they werent going to make the playoffs he would still not be playing. Why risk injury for a team that you will gone from next season.?? I never questioned his ability just his motives. He doesnt need to audition for any team. They all know what he can do. </P>

With that said its good to see him out there contributing. Ultimately it will help the Giants and thats all that really matters at this point in time. </P>

Morehead State
01-03-2012, 09:36 AM

</P>

</P>

I was beating down on Osi the last few weeks since my feeling were once the Giants were very close to a playoff berth he would be back at practice and back to playing. I really felt that if they werent going to make the playoffs he would still not be playing. Why risk injury for a team that you will gone from next season.?? I never questioned his ability just his motives. He doesnt need to audition for any team. They all know what he can do. </P>

With that said its good to see him out there contributing. Ultimately it will help the Giants and thats all that really matters at this point in time. </P>

</P>

Osi is a thrid down pass rusher and NOT an every down DE anymore. He has an elevated view of his own ability. He's been paid a lot of money over the years to bite on misdirection, fail to honor his rushing lanes and take plays, series and sometimes games off.</P>

It took TC sitting down with him and actually talking him into playing football as he is contractually abliged to do if able, to get him to play last week.</P>

Clearly he was able. It was just a matter of weather or not he chose to grace us with him presence.</P>

fansince69
01-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Everyone defending Osi seems to want to quote stats.....In my opinion he disappears in big games....Please don't spout about the 2 sacks he had Sunday against the Cowboys...those were the first sacks he EVER had vs. the cowboys......Does Osi get a lot of sacks? yes he does....Does he get them in big games at big times? no he does not
He reminds me of A-rod

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
hes already trying to get out of practice this week after having to be talked into playing this week, in which his ankle seemed fine. Was he really going to sit out 5 weeks for a sprained ankle?

Osi is exactly what the knocks have been: Not worth the contract he was demanding and a one-dimensional player

GameTime
01-03-2012, 10:15 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Osi is a thrid down pass rusher and NOT an every down DE anymore. He has an elevated view of his own ability. He's been paid a lot of money over the years to bite on misdirection, fail to honor his rushing lanes and take plays, series and sometimes games off.</P>

It took TC sitting down with him and actually talking him into playing football as he is contractually abliged to do if able, to get him to play last week.</P>

Clearly he was able. It was just a matter of weather or not he chose to grace us with him presence.</P>

</P>

that was my point and knowing what I know about Osi now if he was on another team I wouldnt want him on the Giants. But since he is here if can create some havoc on the DL and then I am all for it. He will be gone next season.....</P>