PDA

View Full Version : How close did Bradshaw come to losing that ball for a touchback?

Husky
01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
After seeing it twice, I was relieved to see the XP try. There was no reason to do that. It could have been tragic as far as the game goes..

rebelfan1966
01-02-2012, 03:19 PM
He clearly breached the white line... but I agree.... risky move.

Pageiommi
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
That one was frustrating, It could've costed the Giants the game.

OrangeGiant
01-02-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm telling you that was very close. Watching the replay it looked like he started to lose it as he crossed the plane. All during the commercial break my stomach was churning that it would get overturned. The way our luck has been with calls like that this year, it wouldn't have surprised me. I was relieved when they kicked that extra point!

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
I WAS SHOCKED THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT IT UPSTAIRS!

OrangeGiant
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
</P>

Well they review all scoring plays so they must have. It was really close, I think he was losing it as he crossed the plane but they must have thought otherwise. Thank God. </P>

Drez
01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
</P>

Why? There was nothing to contest. He gained possesion of the ball well before crossing the goal line (theCalvin Johnson rule only applies when making a catch), andthe ball crossed the goal line while he had possesion. There wasn't anything even remotely close to overturnthe play on.</P>

jakegibbs
01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
After seeing it twice, I was relieved to see the XP try.* There was no reason to do that.* It could have been tragic as far as the game goes..

I don't mind the spin & spike after he rushes on in untouched but with the pass catching got the hold the ball for forever rule unless you're Green Bay I hope TC tells him forget the spike in the end zone on passing TD's.

G-Man67
01-02-2012, 04:25 PM
very very close, i was like nooooo ... talk about a game of inches

dinz
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
jacobs and bradshaw have to slow the the emotions down a bit... they get over hyped..that was close, i was worried it would be a touchback..

ebick
01-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Are you under the impression that Bradshaw intentionally let that ball go? It seemed to me that the ball came out unintentionally. And I too am surprised that they did not even look at it.

FourthAndOne
01-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I also thought that Bradshaw lost the ball, did not look intentional.

Also, could someone explain how/why it would've been a touchback?

JesseJames
01-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Bradshaw came very close to losing the ball and the TD and I kept yelling for them to snap the ball and kick it before someone called for a replay..

JesseJames
01-02-2012, 05:44 PM

Also, could someone explain how/why it would've been a touchback? the way I understand it is if it was ruled a fumble and went out of bounds it was a touchback if it stayed inbounds it would have been a recoverable fumble

FourthAndOne
01-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Also, could someone explain how/why it would've been a touchback? the way I understand it is if it was ruled a fumble and went out of bounds it was a touchback if it stayed inbounds it would have been a recoverable fumble

Okay, thanks. That would've been terrible

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
If this was the one-arm sticking out and lunging for the endzone, it was a touchdown.

He had possession when he broke the plane. The ball and the play is dead after that point. Touchdown!

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM
what most people are seeing as "losing" the ball it wasnt that at all. i too was very worried and angry bradshaw would even entertain the idea of doing that, but what he did was hold out the ball to cross the line, he did that and then the movement of his hand and the ball looking like it was about to come loose was nothing more than him getting ready to spike it. he intentionally did that, he was never in danger of losing the ball after i have watched that play countlessly.

it was still careless and i never want to see that again, but he clearly still had possession of the ball and was just moving to spike it.his hand is on the side of the ball as he reaches, as he crosses it he moves his hand to the top by rotating the ball in his hand and then spikes it.

but with the way the officiating has been, why even leave it up for debate or discussion, im sure coughlin and some other guys are busting bradshaws chops in good fun but still emphasizing no need to do that AT ALL

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 05:54 PM
This would similar to the Victor Cruz Jump ball TD over Nnamdi. He stretched his arms out over the goal line but dropped the ball in the enzone. It's still a touchdown.

You cannot fumble in the scoring endzone folks! Once possession is made in the endzone or going over the plane of the goal line, the play is over.

krygny
01-02-2012, 06:14 PM
</p>

Well they review all scoring plays so they must have. It was really close, I think he was losing it as he crossed the plane but they must have thought otherwise. Thank God. </p>
It has to be conclusive to overturn the call on the field (TD). If anything, it appeared that the ball had crossed over the line by a few inches before it started to come loose. He didn't need to extend the ball like that, nor on the play last week against the Jets. I hope someone speaks to him about it.

I was nervous as hell when Nicks was one-handing the ball too. It's almost lucky he got tackled because there was a defender about to slap him from behind.

Husky
01-02-2012, 06:18 PM
The question was how close was he from losing the ball prior to it breaking the plane of the goal. If it were ruled a fumble prior to breaking the plane and Dallas recovered or if it went out of the end zone, it would have been a touch back. JMO, it just made it by the smallest of margins, if at all, and it was all Showboating. It was a totally stupid stunt.

plc
01-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Yes that carry worried me like the week before when he had the ball crossing the line and then spread his arms out in jests game .How about the way Hicks carried that bal like a loaf of bread.I thought for sure someone was going to knock it out of his hand.GMen hold that ball like it is gold.

Red Dog
01-02-2012, 07:33 PM
No risk as he actually spiked the ball after crossing, it wasn't a drop, or a fumbel, over the line is over the line

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 07:34 PM

all TDs are reviewed

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 07:37 PM

all TDs are reviewed

but the outcome may not be as expected.. like Jenning's fingers bobble TD.

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM

all TDs are reviewed

Im sure the didnt have to look at it long....I saw from my seat that the ball clearly broke the plane before he spiked it into the white underline of GIANTS in the endzone

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM

all TDs are reviewed

Im sure the didnt have to look at it long....I saw from my seat that the ball clearly broke the plane before he spiked it into the white underline of GIANTS in the endzone

I'm in total agreement with you about the Bradshaw TD. lol I'm just pointing out that reviews have questionably not been going the Giants' way recently...

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM

all TDs are reviewed

YES. OF COURSE. I GUESS MY POINT IS THAT I'VE SEEN PLAYS THAT WERE ALOT MORE "CONCLUSIVE" THEN THIS ONE THAT HAVE TAKEN LONGER TO BE "CONFIRMED"

I'M GLAD THEIR WAS NOT TOO LONG OF A HOLD UP, NOT SURE MY HEART CAN TAKE IT

AS FOR YOU SEEING IT FROM YOUR SEAT..NICE WORK DUDE! THAT IS IMPRESSIVE. I HAVE THE GAME ON DVR, I JUST WATCHED IT IN SLO-MO FROM A GOAL LINE CAMERA, AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING. ITS A <u>VERY</u> CLOSE CALL.

ANY WAY...BIG DUB!

GO BLUE

Drez
01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
all TDs are reviewed

YES. OF COURSE. I GUESS MY POINT IS THAT I'VE SEEN PLAYS THAT WERE ALOT MORE "CONCLUSIVE" THEN THIS ONE THAT HAVE TAKEN LONGER TO BE "CONFIRMED"

AS FOR YOU SEEING IT FROM YOUR SEAT..NICE WORK DUDE! THAT IS IMPRESSIVE. I HAVE THE GAME ON DVR, I JUST WATCHED IT IN SLO-MO FROM A GOAL LINE CAMERA, AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING. ITS A <U>VERY</U> CLOSE CALL.

ANY WAY...BIG DUB!

GO BLUE

</P>

Except that it wasn't close at all.</P>

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 08:18 PM

all TDs are reviewed

I'm in total agreement with you about the Bradshaw TD. lol I'm just pointing out that reviews have questionably not been going the Giants' way recently...

you dont agree that the ball crossed the goal line in possession and that he spiked it in the white?

not sure what yr looking at if you dont agree

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 08:20 PM
all TDs are reviewed

YES.* OF COURSE.* I GUESS MY POINT IS THAT* I'VE SEEN PLAYS THAT WERE ALOT MORE "CONCLUSIVE" THEN THIS ONE THAT HAVE TAKEN LONGER TO BE "CONFIRMED"

AS FOR YOU SEEING IT FROM YOUR SEAT..NICE WORK DUDE!* THAT IS IMPRESSIVE. * I HAVE THE GAME ON DVR, I JUST WATCHED IT IN SLO-MO FROM A GOAL LINE CAMERA, AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING.* ITS A <U>VERY</U> CLOSE CALL.

ANY WAY...BIG DUB!*

GO BLUE

</P>

Except that it wasn't close at all.</P>

it absolutely was not close at all....

he spiked the ball 3 feet into the endzone.....what in the world are these cats talking about?

do they know that the very second that the tip of the ball crosses the goal line the play is dead?

not close at all

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Watch the highlight on the website right now!!!

The ball was moving/shifting in his hand about 1 or 2 <u>inches</u> after it broke the plane. It was VERY close but yes he broke the plane with possession. You were at the game so maybe you didn't see the slo-mo replay. This play was difficult to see in full speed at the game for sure!!!!

If you were home, and saw the replay, I guarantee you would have been nervous for a few minutes like the rest of us!

Watch the video and get back to me. It's closer then you think dude.

-JD

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 08:36 PM

The ball was moving/shifting in his hand about 1 or 2 <u>inches</u> after it broke the plane.* It was VERY close but yes he broke the plane with possession.* You were at the game so maybe you didn't see the slo-mo replay.* This play was difficult to see in full speed at the game for sure!!!!

*If you were home, and saw the replay, I guarantee you would have been nervous for a few minutes like the rest of us!

Watch the video and get back to me.* It's closer then you think dude.

-JD

just watched it like 7 times.....the ball is pressed against his wrist and not moving at all until he lifts his wrist to spike it....

not close at all

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 08:46 PM

The ball was moving/shifting in his hand about 1 or 2 <u>inches</u> after it broke the plane. It was VERY close but yes he broke the plane with possession. You were at the game so maybe you didn't see the slo-mo replay. This play was difficult to see in full speed at the game for sure!!!!

If you were home, and saw the replay, I guarantee you would have been nervous for a few minutes like the rest of us!

Watch the video and get back to me. It's closer then you think dude.

-JD

just watched it like 7 times.....the ball is pressed against his wrist and not moving at all until he lifts his wrist to spike it....

not close at all

I guess the notion of "close" is very subjective and ambiguous. I live on 56th street and 6th Avenue. Is that "close" to New Jersey? Is that "close" to 32nd Street? Depends on who you ask I guess.

Either way...no point dwelling on this play. Huge win! Looking forward to next week.

Nice work moderating these boards. Very impressive dude! Keep up the great work!

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 10:47 PM

all TDs are reviewed

you dont agree that the ball crossed the goal line in possession and that he spiked it in the white?

not sure what yr looking at if you dont agree

let me repeat myself, I agree with your view of the Bradshaw TD. It was a clear TD.

Roswell777
01-02-2012, 10:54 PM
Watch David Diehl on that play. To me it looks like he thought it was a fumble from his angle. He starts towards the loose ball. And then he pulls up.

It was close but it was a TD.

mike kennedy
01-03-2012, 12:05 AM
It actually looked like it was loose right on the line and he played it right by slamming it down or else it definitely would of looked like a fumble and been reviewed! Close call!

Itlan
01-03-2012, 12:30 AM
It looked as if he really was losing control, not intentionally, but just losing grip while falling, and he just slammed it into the ground hoping it would deter the ref from thinking otherwise.

BluTri10
01-03-2012, 12:39 AM
NFL players are some of the dumbest athletes in the world. In a game such as this, it absolutely shocks me that a professional athlete would compromise his team's chances of winning a game/playoff spot with a stupid celebration. They have been playing football all of their lives and still make mistakes almost every game. (Victor Cruz leaving the ball on the ground against the Cards, or game after game block in the backs when a block is not needed, or a personal foul)

It's sickening.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 04:28 AM
It looked like a clear TD to me.