PDA

View Full Version : Eli and Gilbride---instrumental in the development of Cruz!

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I am curious what everyone;s take on Eli and Gilbride as a teacher and the development of Cruz.

Is it a coincidence that Steve Smith used to be the slot receiver and he broke the Giants record for receptions?

Are Cruz and Smith so much more talented then other receivers? or have they been the byproduct of great coaching and Eli's innate ability to read defense, put players in the right position to make plays?

I think you have to give Eli a lot of credit for Cruz!

JD

T-Murda84
01-02-2012, 02:53 PM
I think a lot of our young receivers flourish in this offense when they are healthy. I think Eli and Gilbride has a big role in the development of Cruz, but its Cruz's great attitude to doing everything the Giants ask of him and his ability to make people miss that makes him soo great.

Alot of people are mad at Smith, but Reese lowballed him. Smith had a great career here and a great attitude while he was here. Imagine if we dont lock up Cruz long term...would yall turn on Cruz if Reese tried to lowball him as well. Its amazing Nicks is still playing on a rookie contract.

bashful
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
gilbride is an idiot

Thank eli for time spent and the receiving coach. KG could smell a fart i a wind storm

He is getting credit because of eli without him he would be selling flowers on the street corner.

Hopefully some idiot GM or owner will offer him a job as a head coach - are there any stupid ones out there.

MattMeyerBud
01-02-2012, 03:36 PM
i'd say the presence of nicks has more to do with Cruz's development. Nick's presence has left single coverage on Cruz all year - which he is obviously too good for...

Drez
01-02-2012, 03:41 PM
i'd say the presence of nicks has more to do with Cruz's development. Nick's presence has left single coverage on Cruz all year - which he is obviously too good for...

</P>

Gotta love that. If teams start doubling Cruz, then Nicks will kill you (so long as he catches the damn ball, lol). Double Nicks and Cruz kills you. </P>

yoeddy
01-02-2012, 03:47 PM
i'd say the presence of nicks has more to do with Cruz's development.* Nick's presence has left single coverage on Cruz all year - which he is obviously too good for...

Cruz is getting doubled big time...last night was no exception. But Eli trusts him and throws there even if Cruz is doubled, and Cruz doesn't disappoint.

chasjay
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
The talent has to be there to start with, but after that I think it is a team thing - the coaching staff, the other position players (like Nicks, who some other posters mentioned), and the other teammates in general - and Eli is a big part of it - he works at developing rapport with the receivers and he truly is a team player - he's not going to get sullen or jealous when other guys like Cruz start getting some pub.

gumby742
01-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't say Eli gets all the credit, but this year he was huge in the development of Cruz and Ballard. He made things as easy for them as possible with his on target accurate throws. With Cruz suffering with a serious case of the dropses, had his passes been a little behind like they used to be, Cruz would have dropped a ton more and we would have been ready to run him out of town (exaggeration).

Harooni
01-02-2012, 06:30 PM
im pretty sure cruz can go to philly or dallas and be a star also. he just has that speed and talent to get open and makes the snatches.

Delicreep
01-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I am curious what everyone;s take on Eli and Gilbride as a teacher and the development of Cruz.

Is it a coincidence that Steve Smith used to be the slot receiver and he broke the Giants record for receptions?

Are Cruz and Smith so much more talented then other receivers? or have they been the byproduct of great coaching and Eli's innate ability to read defense, put players in the right position to make plays?

I think you have to give Eli a lot of credit for Cruz!

JD

Accelerating the development of Cruz?
It's possible, but let's not over sell this: Cruz had all the tools and if he had gotten into any other decent system with a top shelf QB, he becomes the monster he is.

I would actually give Hakeem more credit: he took all the pressure off and let Cruz become Cruz.