PDA

View Full Version : Hello Giant fans! Good luck next Sunday.

monoxide
01-02-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs.

Good luck G-Men, and I hope to see ya around! :D

tuck&rolle
01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs.

Welcome!
Thanks for the kind words. Quite frankly, I'm scared of your offense. It seems very balanced and not prone to the mistakes that Dallas makes. If our line doesn't play well it'll be a long day. Here's to an exciting game

G-Man67
01-02-2012, 05:36 PM
were you hoping for Dallas b/c you didn't want to play outdoors in the cold or b/c you felt going into the game we were a stronger opponent?

monoxide
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
a little bit of both. We are known to be an indoor team, and it would certainly help us to travel to Arlington in terms of the environment. With that said, you can't double team both Nicks and Cruz. Grimes is a pro bowl corner on one side, but Dunta Robinson has been extremely inconsistent and it scares me when he attempts to go for an interception but whiffs and it turns into a 50 yard gain. Also, I never thought I'd ever say this when it comes to your division, but I would feel safer going against Ware then JPP. I think all around, the Giants are flat out better than the Cowboys, and it has showed the last few games.

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I was actually hoping to play the Lions but welcome.

Your WRs scare the crap out of me, I think Webster is gonna have his hands full with Rowdy Roddy, but itll be a close battle. Hopefully our LBs keep up their tight coverage on the TEs, but Gonzo is arguably the best TE ever.

The scariest thing is when I think about Aaron Ross covering Julio Jones, that thought makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position and rock back in forth in the corner telling myself everything is gonna be alright

monoxide
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Your WRs scare the crap out of me, I think Webster is gonna have his hands full with Rowdy Roddy, but itll be a close battle.* Hopefully our LBs keep up their tight coverage on the TEs, but Gonzo is arguably the best TE ever.

The scariest thing is when I think about Aaron Ross covering Julio Jones, that thought makes me wanna curl up in the fetal position and rock back in forth in the corner telling myself everything is gonna be alright

Julio has been great for us this year, I'm glad we were able to get him even with all we traded. With his size and strength to be able to run a 4.3 40 while also being a great run blocker is definitely a great thing. How has Prince Amakamura(sp) been this year? I knew he got injured, but haven't heard much about his recovery.

tuck&rolle
01-02-2012, 06:04 PM

Your WRs scare the crap out of me, I think Webster is gonna have his hands full with Rowdy Roddy, but itll be a close battle. Hopefully our LBs keep up their tight coverage on the TEs, but Gonzo is arguably the best TE ever.

Julio has been great for us this year, I'm glad we were able to get him even with all we traded. With his size and strength to be able to run a 4.3 40 while also being a great run blocker is definitely a great thing. How has Prince Amakamura(sp) been this year? I knew he got injured, but haven't heard much about his recovery.

To put it mildly, he isn't ready yet. I don't recall seeing him at all on Sunday

sc_markt
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Here's to a good game with no major injuries and no bad calls for either team. :-)

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 06:39 PM

Julio has been great for us this year, I'm glad we were able to get him even with all we traded. With his size and strength to be able to run a 4.3 40 while also being a great run blocker is definitely a great thing. How has Prince Amakamura(sp) been this year? I knew he got injured, but haven't heard much about his recovery.You guys def did give up the farm, but so far it's been worth it. I had no idea he was a good run blocker, from the highlights he looks like Santonio Holmes in his prime, he's gonna have a good and long career ahead of him

Prince missed all of training camp, preseason, and almost all of the regular season so what he needs most is more time on the field.

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 08:00 PM
darn it! I was hoping a Falcons fan would post something ****y in the Smack Talk Central Forum. It's actually been turning out pretty well if anyone noticed... quite hilarious...

mattpl908
01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
its gonna be a really long week for me lol..i cant wait for the game..should be a real good one.

krygny
01-02-2012, 10:22 PM

What's this? Another opposing fan showing class and grace? You know, we're not used to that around here. Remember, we play the Eagles twice a year.

Some of the Cowboys fans from Texas pull this stuff too. Fortunately there are enough hateful Cowboys fans in the NY area.

But, in the interest of good will, welcome to the forum and good luck. Just don't tell me you're still a Michael Vick fan.

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 10:26 PM

what a good dude

should be one hell of a game

Morehead State
01-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs. Good luck G-Men, and I hope to see ya around! :D</P>

You must be the one Falcon fan.</P>

Good for you.</P>

</P>

Cheap shot..yes. Sorry about that, but my brother lives in Atlanta and the fan base there is lousy.</P>

miked1958
01-02-2012, 11:02 PM

I watched J. Jones come up all 4 years at Foley High. He played for the rival team of the school my kids went to. He was a man among boys.although we beat them three of the four seasons he was there. Should of been 2-2 but Daphne Stole one where all Foley had to do was kneel on ball and run clock out in a high scoring national televised game. Instead being down close to our goal line and it being a hated rivalry they wanted to pile it on and score on us again. (before Julio we beat them like a drum for like ten yrs straight) on the hand off the dude got popped, fumbled, it was picked up on a hop and taken 95 yards for TD. That left Daphne down 1 with no time on clock. Extra point sends it to OT. Coach called for a two pointer to go for the win. QB scrambled for like 5 seconds and ran way back to like 15 yard line. Just as he was being sacked he fires a frozen rope to back corner of endzone and WR catchEs it between 3 defenders for a 45-44 win.

Also watched him play all four years at Bama when I cheered for him instead of against him. Celebrated that NC win over Texas.

I have cheered for him to do well in NFL so far. The kid will be winning games for u for years to come.

However, won't be this Sunday.... But good luck

krygny
01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
...</p>

You must be the one Falcon fan.</p>

Good for you.</p>

</p>

Cheap shot..yes. Sorry about that, but my brother lives in Atlanta and the fan base there is lousy.</p>
I think, at one time or another, I've personally met at least one fan of virtually every NFL team. But I don't ever recall meeting a Falcons fan. Not exactly a small town.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-03-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm a regular poster on the Atlanta Falcons message board, and even though I was crossing my fingers that we would get Dallas over you guys, I'm excited for a good hard fought game. Your defensive ends will certainly be the X-factor if you win, being that our blind side tackle (Will Svitek) hasn't been starting more than a few weeks and has struggled quite a bit. For us, it all comes down to pounding the rock with Michael Turner and getting our star wideouts open (Julio and Roddy). Tony G has also been playing lights out, so it should be interesting seeing the former Falcon LB Boley take care of him. All in all, I don't see a blowout next week, as both teams look very good on paper and poised to make an upset run in the playoffs. Good luck G-Men, and I hope to see ya around! :DITS AMAZING YOU GOT TO SIGN UP FOR OUR BOARDS AND GOT QUALIFIED PRIOR TO THE GAME!!! took me 4 months to do that and im a giants fan! good luck