PDA

View Full Version : Did Prince see the field against dallas?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Dont remember seeing him out there

Giant stuck in Texas
01-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I only saw him on st's.

jakegibbs
01-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Nope he's not the player they thought he was apparantly.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-02-2012, 05:48 PM

Smart move, they dont want to risk putting him out there and getting exposed. I doubt they think he is a bust, if, that is what you're saying.

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 05:49 PM
His rookie season is washed plained and simple because of the injury. Gotta look forward to next season.

TrueBlue07
01-02-2012, 05:51 PM
it would be foolish for anyone to call Prince (or any player) a bust after half of a season...nevermind all the other factors that went in to stunting Prince's development.

jakegibbs

Smart move, they dont want to risk putting him out there and getting exposed. I doubt they think he is a bust, if, that is what you're saying.

No that's not what I'm saying it's there's way to much risk at stake to break a rookie in at this late state in must win games. Romo would have eat him up for lunch.

Sundown

Such a dumb post

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-02-2012, 05:52 PM

No that's not what I'm saying it's there's way to much risk at stake to break a rookie in at this late state in must win games. Romo would have eat him up for lunch.
agreed.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-02-2012, 05:53 PM

Such a dumb post

Premature insult, he explained himself.

jakegibbs
01-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Such a dumb post

Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow around here anyway...hmmmm...............

Sundown
01-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Such a dumb post

Premature insult, he explained himself.

Posted the same time.. and there was no insult in my post. From the wording its a dumb post if he meant what it read, which he said he wasn't

BlueSanta
01-02-2012, 06:01 PM
1 thing is for sure, Prince could not have done any WORSE than Ross on that Slant TD by Dallas.

Why on earth would you line up off the guy and let him get a free inside release when your that close to the goal line?

I hate bashing a guy after a win like that but that play by Ross was baffling to me. No way that is how Fewell wanted him to line up.

jakegibbs
01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
1 thing is for sure, Prince could not have done any WORSE than Ross on that Slant TD by Dallas.

Why on earth would you line up off the guy and let him get a free inside release when your that close to the goal line?

I hate bashing a guy after a win like that but that play by Ross was baffling to me. No way that is how Fewell wanted him to line up.

The coaching staff must see something to keep Ross out there & Prince on the pine....Ross may be a great practice player & Prince not so hot I guess. hmm.... Also Ross has been around long enough not to miss assignments even though it's obvious he doesn't have the skill level to cover on some of the coverage they place him in.

Matty Ice,,, Rogers up next. Let's hope there's coaching staff aren't watching film on Mr. Ross.

C1010
01-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Prince was playing mainly on ST. In fact he was responsible for pushing one of Cowboys out of bounds, guy touched the ball and was therefore an illegal touch.

Itlan
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Prince was on the field in dime formations. They weren't common, but he was out there.

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Some of you guys are ridiculous.

Prince was playing mainly on ST. In fact he was responsible for pushing one of Cowboys out of bounds, guy touched the ball and was therefore an illegal touch.

True... Smart play by Prince on STs. People were expecting him to do something in the CB position which he was first-round drafted for, but that's just not happening this season.

gradstang
01-02-2012, 06:17 PM
when he referred to coach coughlin as conklin we were in trouble. i dont know the correct name he used but either way he didnt know toms name and he got lost driving the first day to camp! not the smartest dude on the team.

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 06:22 PM
when he referred to coach coughlin as conklin we were in trouble. i dont know the correct name he used but either way he didnt know toms name and he got lost driving the first day to camp! not the smartest dude on the team.

yea yea, he also held out on the Giants enough to be the last first-round draft pick to sign with the team ealrier this season. He's not perfect by any means...

buddy33
01-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw him in another situation other than special teams where I see his number a lot.

Itlan
01-02-2012, 06:59 PM
when he referred to coach coughlin as conklin we were in trouble. i dont know the correct name he used but either way he didnt know toms name and he got lost driving the first day to camp! not the smartest dude on the team.You do know Nicks and JPP wouldn't be considered smart at all, right? Listen to Prince talk, he's actually very well spoken. He's stupid because he couldn't find his way to work his first day? He's probably never even stepped foot in Jersey, give the kid a break, jesus christ.

And as for holding out, nothing is guaranteed in this world. If you were about to risk your health and know you're one play away from having nothing, wouldn't you want YOUR money? How easy it is to point and judge when you waste away in your 9-5 job.

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Jaquan Williams (6th)and Henry Hynoski(UDFA) are the only rookies standing tall so far. </P>

Prince? Austin? Jernigan? Brewer? Scott? Sash and Jones playing some STs.</P>

Not an impressive rookie season for these guys. </P>

Very far from the 07' class.</P>

buddy33
01-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Jaquan Williams (6th)*and Henry Hynoski*(UDFA) are the only rookies standing tall so far. </P>

How can you throw Prince or Austin in that list?

NYGRealityCheck
01-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Jaquan Williams (6th)*and Henry Hynoski*(UDFA) are the only rookies standing tall so far. </P>

Prince - shoulda been out for season.
Austin - out for season.
Jernigan - A KR returner now. Dropped his PR job in preseason...literally...
Brewer- ???
Sash- has been involved on the defense even in the dallas game.
Jones- was the starting MLB for the Giants most of the season if you noticed.

Scott - hard to break into the RB depth chart with Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ware. He had great promise and potential, victor cruz-ed this preseason. Did well when he was put in. Fumbled on a lateral run in the Saints game and never heard of again.

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 07:19 PM

there had to be some confusion on that play bc ross set up clearly with outside technique. he was either expecting the pass to go outside or expecting he had help inside bc he was literally telegraphing that he wanted to play outside coverage.

ross has good cover skills if utilized correctly, he's actually done much better than half the guys here had him pegged. pretty good improvement from the last two years, and a couple of games even a few, he played very well.

but on that play, something was not right. obviously.

HilliardFan16
01-02-2012, 07:25 PM

Are you serious? He got lost on the way to camp? Who the hell cares? Maybe he wasn't using a GPS like you do......

Nice criticism. He had a good game on Special Teams. Give the guy a break.

Tony Bruno
01-02-2012, 09:45 PM
He did block that gunner out of bounds on that illegal touch...

Other than that he is going to be working progress..l he will be fine

nYg24
01-02-2012, 09:49 PM
tbh i didnt think he was playing any worse than Ross, some mental mistakes but his coverage was decent.

TuckYou
01-02-2012, 09:55 PM

How can you throw Prince or Austin in that list?

Because they are rookies.... I know they have been injuries, but this is their rookie year, they don't get a red shirt year or anything. Not much contribution from our picks, especially anyone earlier then the 6th round.

buddy33
01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah but to say they are not impressive makes it sound like they have done something wrong when in reality they have not played due to injury.

bearbryant
01-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I'll take Prince over ross any day, even though he can't say tc's name. Hate to jump on the guy but this isn't the first time ross gave up this same TD this year. Ross isn't the same guy he was in his rookie year, too bad but true

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-02-2012, 10:20 PM

http://www.giants101.com/2011/12/29/new-york-giants-tyler-sash-jacquian-williams-named-to-football-outsiders-2011-all-rookie-team/

Sash actually made the all rookie team for his good play on special teams. I will take that everyday of the week for a rookie. Give sash more credit.