PDA

View Full Version : Future for Will Beatty

wgsgiants
01-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty. The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury. Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games. When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball. Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where. We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back. So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season. Diehl has been much better at the position.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 07:30 PM
I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty.* The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury.* Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games.* When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball.* Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where.* We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back.* So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season.* Diehl has been much better at the position.*Its more because David Diehl isnt at Guard anymore.David Diehl was horrible at LG just awful.Put Beatty at LT with Boothe at LG the Giants would be fine.

RagTime Blue
01-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty. The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury. Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games. When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball. Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where. We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back. So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season. Diehl has been much better at the position.Its more because David Diehl isnt at Guard anymore.David Diehl was horrible at LG just awful.Put Beatty at LT with Boothe at LG the Giants would be fine.

I agree. Well, sort of. Point is, I believe Will Beatty is our LT for the conceivable future.

Kase-1
01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
I think the problem lies more upon Diehl and Baas playing like trash when Beatty was still in. They would get no push up the gut in the run game and at times would get totally abused and taken advantage of.

Eli2Nicks612
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Beatty was our best linemen to start the season. He was really good pass protecting. He's the LT of the future.

C1010
01-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Beatty was actually playing well. Like everyone is saying the concern lies with Diehl and Baas.

rainierjef
01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
i was re-watching the game and saw booth getting push to the next level on some plays i saw bass either standing guys up and not getting push or moving backwards with some containment. is it just me or does he look like a better suit at a guard spot than a center?

we need jacobs to pound the rock against the falcons we can't do that with bass at center the 21 / 12 gaps are where jacobs is effective if baas is not getting push and creating these lanes then jacobs will be ineffective he's not a shifty cut back runner. sigh*s just put boothe back at center petrus at guard please . FML

lilredk
01-02-2012, 08:04 PM
How about Booth to center, Bass to his normal position at guard, Beatty stays at left tackle and Diehl goes to right tackle.....

fansince69
01-02-2012, 08:51 PM
How about Booth to center, Bass to his normal position at guard, Beatty stays at left tackle and Diehl goes to right tackle.....

What about Brewer?Bass snaps the ball better than Boothe.

C1010
01-02-2012, 09:13 PM

Brewer hasn't been on the field much but from what I heard when he was first drafted, he is a bit of a project and may eventually take K-Mac's spot.

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Will Beatty is soft, David Diehl plays with toughness that Will does not have !!! Right tackle maybe?

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 09:32 PM

brewer, although an unknown to many, was a good prospect coming out of college. i believe Indiana. He has a lot of the things u look for in a tackle, but was a little rough around the edges. Although he is projected as a RT, a lot of scouts reported that he could eventually be a solid LT. I think Brewer will surprise a lot of people next year.

As for Beatty, I think that considering this was his first year being the "guy" at LT, he played well. We go against some of the premier pass rushers in the nfc east. He held his own against Orakpo and Cole. At times he looked skiddish, but he def. showed at times why he was considered to be a solid LT prospect. I think, if he can get healthy god willing, he will be our bookend at LT for years to come.

With Beatty and Brewer being young, and having the physical tools that good tackles need, we should be fine there. We also have a great OL coach in Flaherty I believe, I cant ever remember his name.

I think the struggles in the run game when Beatty played was due to Diehl Baas and Snee getting used to each other with no off season, and Diehl REALLY struggling at LG. Diehl is a great Giant but I think the days of him being a dominant lineman are numbered.

the best lines in the game are ones that have played with each other for a while and know where his teammate will be at all times, something that we had no shot of with Beatty being a first year started, Diehl moving back to LG after several years, and a new guy being signed in Baas.

KidA
01-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Will Beatty holds all the time when pass-blocking. I don't know how he gets away with it, but they never seem to penalize him.

alau53
01-02-2012, 09:52 PM
next year we'll get an andrews brother to play tackle..stacey or sean or maybe another andrew brother..50 years ago the andrew sisters giants have andrew brothers

I Bleed Blue 56
01-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I think if we moved Diehl to RT and Booth stays there unitll we find a replacement in the draft we are good. Diehl is better at the tackle than the guard hands down. I love how he threw Ware to the ground like he was an average player. Kmac is done after this season we all know this.

bearbryant
01-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Beatty was inconsistent when I watched hiom this year. Last thing you want is an inconsistent LT ( Eli told me that!). But who knows what he looks like next year. I know this: baas is horrible at center; no push, no technique, bad. Boothe on the other hand started slow but woke up and has been playing well the last half of the year. DD, sorry but he needs to go. Yes , he's better at LT but that means we spend a guy to chip with him. Snee, I'll give him a pass because of the whole line. Mac, seems its time to go. He's gotten beaten up quite a bit this year and he can't help it, too slow reacting to youngsters

Morehead State
01-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle. He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle. He's also a good left tackle. Not great, but very solid. We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</P>

Beatty has good feet put he is a poor run blocker and isn't physical at all.</P>

I admit that I love David Deihl. He's a great Giant.</P>

Redeyejedi
01-02-2012, 11:18 PM

brewer, although an unknown to many, was a good prospect coming out of college. i believe Indiana. He has a lot of the things u look for in a tackle, but was a little rough around the edges. Although he is projected as a RT, a lot of scouts reported that he could eventually be a solid LT. I think Brewer will surprise a lot of people next year.

As for Beatty, I think that considering this was his first year being the "guy" at LT, he played well. We go against some of the premier pass rushers in the nfc east. He held his own against Orakpo and Cole. At times he looked skiddish, but he def. showed at times why he was considered to be a solid LT prospect. I think, if he can get healthy god willing, he will be our bookend at LT for years to come.

With Beatty and Brewer being young, and having the physical tools that good tackles need, we should be fine there. We also have a great OL coach in Flaherty I believe, I cant ever remember his name.

I think the struggles in the run game when Beatty played was due to Diehl Baas and Snee getting used to each other with no off season, and Diehl REALLY struggling at LG. Diehl is a great Giant but I think the days of him being a dominant lineman are numbered.

the best lines in the game are ones that have played with each other for a while and know where his teammate will be at all times, something that we had no shot of with Beatty being a first year started, Diehl moving back to LG after several years, and a new guy being signed in Baas.Brewer has elite level physical attributes he just is very raw technically. The Giants got the 2nd level prospect with the most upside

NYSPORTS
01-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Not sure if Beatty could do a better job that Diehl against Ware both Cowboy games.

Firenugget
01-03-2012, 12:09 AM
I just don't think he's ready (not talking about the injury). Not quite anyways and the playing time he got will only help him. In the long run I think he'll be ok.

Mercury
01-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Not sure if Beatty could do a better job that Diehl against Ware both Cowboy games.

Diehl had help both games, all game long vs. Ware. Our whole game plan was to double Ware.

Morehead State
01-03-2012, 09:05 AM

Diehl had help both games, all game long vs. Ware. Our whole game plan was to double Ware.
</P>

Thats most team's game plan.</P>

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Haven't seen anything out of Beatty yet to say that he's anything more then a backup player (shame considering he was a 2nd round pick).

Thus far, Beatty has been a real disappointment imo.

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle.* He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle.* He's also a good left tackle.* Not great, but very solid.* We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</P>

Beatty has good feet put he is a poor run blocker and isn't physical at all.</P>

I admit that I love David Deihl.* He's a great Giant.</P>

QFT.

To add to that, DD has been the LT on the best Giants offensive lines in the past two decades (if not ever) and what many considered the best OLine in the NFL a few years running.

I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle.* He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle.* He's also a good left tackle.* Not great, but very solid.* We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</P>

QFT.

To add to that, DD has been the LT on the best Giants offensive lines in the past two decades (if not ever) and what many considered the best OLine in the NFL a few years running.

I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 09:13 AM

QFT.

I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.maybe because he is terrible in pass protection,its a passing league and he is the Blindside Tackle

buddy33
01-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Brewer also has some health issues right?

fansince69
01-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Brewer also has some health issues right?

Not that I am aware of....Just young and inexperienced and considered a project.

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty.* The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury.* Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games.* When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball.* Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where.* We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back.* So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season.* Diehl has been much better at the position.*I believe Beatty can play but obviously needs more work, particularly against the run...in his defense, our Running backs have declined dramaticly so it isn't fair to call Beatty a bust at this point. We need speed at RB and we have plodding toads...one big, one small. AB runs with power but gets hit often behind the line. So unless we have good speed and good blocking we won't know how to grade Bradshaw nor Beatty. I think Jacobs is all done here unless he takes a huge cut in pay, but he will still need to earn a spot in training camp. I also think Diehl will be out of gas at LT next season. I'd be shocked if we open 2012 with DD at LT. We also need to get a starter RT to push McKensie of the starting line and relegate him to depth in the OL

Morehead State
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle. He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle. He's also a good left tackle. Not great, but very solid. We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</P>

QFT. To add to that, DD has been the LT on the best Giants offensive lines in the past two decades (if not ever) and what many considered the best OLine in the NFL a few years running. I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.maybe because he is terrible in pass protection,its a passing league and he is the Blindside Tackle</P>

Isn't it true that since DD went back to LT, Eli has been sacked only once? I know its been that way since the first Dallas game at least.</P>

The notion that DD isn't a good LT is completely disputed by the facts.</P>

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 09:50 AM

QFT.

I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.maybe because he is terrible in pass protection,its a passing league and he is the Blindside Tackle

How many times has Eli been sacked?

Thought so.

Kase-1
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle. He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle. He's also a good left tackle. Not great, but very solid. We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</p>

Beatty has good feet put he is a poor run blocker and isn't physical at all.</p>

I admit that I love David Deihl. He's a great Giant.</p>DD is not a LT, he's a versatile OL but not starting quality LT.

Beatty was on the right track to be our future LT, he was handling some of the best pass rushers in the NFL one on one. Peppers, Orakpo, Trent Cole, Cameron Wake, and Chris Long all got handled by Beatty and never touched Eli.

Yes, Beattys run blocking isnt nearly as good as his pass protection, but then again DD's pass protection isnt what it should be. If anything, the only way I see us keeping DD as a starter is if we drop Mackenzie and try DD over at RT. There's no way he's taking over as LT when Beatty gets back

DD also let up 14 sacks in SB season, which is a TERRIBLE year

Kase-1
01-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle. He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle. He's also a good left tackle. Not great, but very solid. We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</p>

Beatty has good feet put he is a poor run blocker and isn't physical at all.</p>

I admit that I love David Deihl. He's a great Giant.</p>

QFT. To add to that, DD has been the LT on the best Giants offensive lines in the past two decades (if not ever) and what many considered the best OLine in the NFL a few years running. I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.maybe because he is terrible in pass protection,its a passing league and he is the Blindside Tackle</p>

Isn't it true that since DD went back to LT, Eli has been sacked only once? I know its been that way since the first Dallas game at least.</p>

The notion that DD isn't a good LT is completely disputed by the facts.</p>I think its more due to the fact that DD was a terrible LG and was getting take advantage of play after play... If you wanna say that stats dont lie, how was DD's season as a starting LT???

The answer, one of the worst in the NFL for a starting LT

Kase-1
01-03-2012, 10:00 AM

QFT.

How many times has Eli been sacked?

Thought so.How many sacks did Beatty give up this season compared to DD??

Thought so.

Morehead State
01-03-2012, 10:22 AM

DD is not a LT, he's a versatile OL but not starting quality LT.

Beatty was on the right track to be our future LT, he was handling some of the best pass rushers in the NFL one on one. Peppers, Orakpo, Trent Cole, Cameron Wake, and Chris Long all got handled by Beatty and never touched Eli.

Yes, Beattys run blocking isnt nearly as good as his pass protection, but then again DD's pass protection isnt what it should be. If anything, the only way I see us keeping DD as a starter is if we drop Mackenzie and try DD over at RT. There's no way he's taking over as LT when Beatty gets back

</P>

Well the fact that DD was our LT in 07, 08, 09 and 2010 and is now back there would suggest otherwise Kase.</P>

We won a championship with DD as out LT. I admit that speed rushers are a bit of a problem for him but he's physical and mean. I would also say that Eli has been one of the most infrequently sacked QB's since 07. The exception being this season UNTIL DD went back to LT. Plus his ability to run block helps in the end to keep D ends off the QB.</P>

I'm not saying he's a great LT, but I am saying that he's solid.</P>

giantsfan39
01-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Beatty was on the right track to be our future LT, he was handling some of the best pass rushers in the NFL one on one.* Peppers, Orakpo, Trent Cole, Cameron Wake, and Chris Long all got handled by Beatty and never touched Eli.

Yes, Beattys run blocking isnt nearly as good as his pass protection, but then again DD's pass protection isnt what it should be.* If anything, the only way I see us keeping DD as a starter is if we drop Mackenzie and try DD over at RT.* There's no way he's taking over as LT when Beatty gets back

</P>

Well the fact that DD was our LT in 07, 08, 09 and 2010 and is now back there would suggest otherwise Kase.</P>

We won a championship with DD as out LT.* I admit that speed rushers are a bit of a problem for him but he's physical and mean.* I would also say that Eli has been one of the most infrequently sacked QB's since 07.* The exception being this season UNTIL DD went back to LT.* Plus his ability to run block helps in the end to keep D ends off the QB.</P>

What a ridiculous argument.

The idea that we won a SB with David Diehl but not one with Beatty doesn't mean he is better than Beatty. It means the rest of the team and OL was better in 2007. As if SB teams are stronger at every position than non SB teams. What a joke. We won a SB in spite of Diehl.

We won a SB with Plax and Toomer. Yet Nicks and Cruz are much better than 2007 Plax and 2007 Toomer. If we don't win the SB does that mean Plax and Toomer were better.

Can't believe someone actually used this argument. The lack of logic presented in your post was amazing.

DVision
01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle.* He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle.* He's also a good left tackle.* Not great, but very solid.* We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</p>

I admit that I love David Deihl.* He's a great Giant.</p>

QFT. To add to that, DD has been the LT on the best Giants offensive lines in the past two decades (if not ever) and what many considered the best OLine in the NFL a few years running. I really don't understand the DD hate on these boards ... even Stevie Wonder can see DD is a good LT.maybe because he is terrible in pass protection,its a passing league and he is the Blindside Tackle</p>

Isn't it true that since DD went back to LT, Eli has been sacked only once?* I know its been that way since the first Dallas game at least.</p>

The notion that DD isn't a good LT is completely disputed by the facts.</p>I think its more due to the fact that DD was a terrible LG and was getting take advantage of play after play... If you wanna say that stats dont lie, how was DD's season as a starting LT???*

You have something to back up your statement? You state your opinion as if it's a fact!

burier
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Beattly wasn't causing the problems against the run. We hardly run off tackle to his side anyway. We couldn't run the ball because the center and the two guards were playing like trash as mentioned.</P>

Right now I scared to death David Diehl is going to get Eli killed.</P>

yatitle
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty. The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury. Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games. When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball. Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where. We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back. So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season. Diehl has been much better at the position.Its more because David Diehl isnt at Guard anymore.David Diehl was horrible at LG just awful.Put Beatty at LT with Boothe at LG the Giants would be fine.

Tend to agree. I think the perceived poor line play with Beatty was how bad Diehl was at guard than that Beatty was bad at LT. I actually thought Beatty played pretty well (certainly pass blocked well) this year before being injured.

Kase-1
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM

Isn't it true that since DD went back to LT, Eli has been sacked only once? I know its been that way since the first Dallas game at least.</p>

The notion that DD isn't a good LT is completely disputed by the facts.</p>I think its more due to the fact that DD was a terrible LG and was getting take advantage of play after play... If you wanna say that stats dont lie, how was DD's season as a starting LT???

You have something to back up your statement? You state your opinion as if it's a fact!

Will Beatty (http://www.profootballweekly.com/players/william-beatty-267327/)
<table class="nograd stats_grid"><tbody><tr class="neg_pad"><th class="season">Season</th>
<th class="player_name">Team</th>
<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td class="desc">2009</td>
<td class="desc">Giants (http://www.profootballweekly.com/team/giants/)</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>9</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>1.50</td>
<td>15.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td class="desc">2010</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>0.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td class="desc">2011</td>
<td>10</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3.50</td>
<td>31.50</td></tr></tbody></table>

Dave Diehl (http://www.profootballweekly.com/players/david-diehl-184685/)
<table class="nograd stats_grid"><tbody><tr class="neg_pad"><th class="season">Season</th>
<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td class="desc">2005</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>50</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2.00</td>
<td>12.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td class="desc">2006</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>4.50</td>
<td>27.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td class="desc">2007</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>40</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>13.50</td>
<td>112.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td class="desc">2008</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>32</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>57.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>25</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8.50</td>
<td>55.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>12</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>15</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>7.00</td>
<td>52.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>52.50
</td></tr></tbody></table>

lawl
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I will be disappointed if Diehl isn't cut in the offseason

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Everybody has to accept the fact that DD is a left tackle.* He's not a guard, he's not a right tackle.* He's also a good left tackle.* Not great, but very solid.* We won a SB with DD at left tackle.</p>

Isn't it true that since DD went back to LT, Eli has been sacked only once?* I know its been that way since the first Dallas game at least.</p>

The notion that DD isn't a good LT is completely disputed by the facts.</p>I think its more due to the fact that DD was a terrible LG and was getting take advantage of play after play... If you wanna say that stats dont lie, how was DD's season as a starting LT???*

<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>9</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>1.50</td>
<td>15.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>8</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>0.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>10</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3.50</td>

<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>50</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2.00</td>
<td>12.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>4.50</td>
<td>27.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>40</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>13.50</td>
<td>112.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>32</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>57.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>25</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8.50</td>
<td>55.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>12</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>15</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>7.00</td>
<td>52.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>52.50

Ummm those stats are so full of **** I'm surprised you weren't killed by the avalanche of flies coming off of them.

DD has given up ONE sack as a LT this year. He's played LG most of the year ... how do you attribute sacks to a LG?!

And I can think of 5 sacks off the top of my head that Beatty has given up this year.

Bad stats are bad.

Kase-1
01-03-2012, 01:46 PM

<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>9</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>1.50</td>
<td>15.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>8</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>0.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>10</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3.50</td>

<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>50</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2.00</td>
<td>12.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>4.50</td>
<td>27.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>40</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>13.50</td>
<td>112.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>32</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>57.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>25</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8.50</td>
<td>55.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>12</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>15</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>7.00</td>
<td>52.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>52.50

Ummm those stats are so full of **** I'm surprised you weren't killed by the avalanche of flies coming off of them.

DD has given up ONE sack as a LT this year. He's played LG most of the year ... how do you attribute sacks to a LG?!

And I can think of 5 sacks off the top of my head that Beatty has given up this year.

Bad stats are bad.LOL, so your argument went from 'show me the stats' to 'the stats that are shown are bad'???

You attribute a sack to an LG the same way you attribute a sack to any OL, like if they get beat 1 on 1 or if someone blows up their gap, a missed block, etc

Im not hating on DD, he's a decent LT, I just want to see Beatty in there continuing where he left off as the LT of our future. Im hoping we could give DD a shot at RT next season cause he's not the LG he once was and he's quite the team player so I dont want to just cut him. But we need to do something at RT, Mackenzie isnt what he used to be

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Diehl go over to RT and solidify that spot with McKensie as depth...If Beatty can start next season then back to LT but we still need another good man in a backup role in case Beatty Goes down...it wouldnt be best to use a man already a starter on the line (Diehl)...I believe Petrus is ready to start at LG and I think with a full off-season for these guys to prepare, we would be much better served.

Morehead State
01-03-2012, 02:23 PM

</P>

We won a championship with DD as out LT. I admit that speed rushers are a bit of a problem for him but he's physical and mean. I would also say that Eli has been one of the most infrequently sacked QB's since 07. The exception being this season UNTIL DD went back to LT. Plus his ability to run block helps in the end to keep D ends off the QB.</P>

What a ridiculous argument. The idea that we won a SB with David Diehl but not one with Beatty doesn't mean he is better than Beatty. It means the rest of the team and OL was better in 2007. As if SB teams are stronger at every position than non SB teams. What a joke. We won a SB in spite of Diehl. We won a SB with Plax and Toomer. Yet Nicks and Cruz are much better than 2007 Plax and 2007 Toomer. If we don't win the SB does that mean Plax and Toomer were better. Can't believe someone actually used this argument. The lack of logic presented in your post was amazing.</P>

As I said. I don't think he's a great LT. I do think he's solid. You can't disagree that to O line as a whole has performed better since he moved to LT. We've run the ball better and we've protected better. As I'm sure you also know, O lines have to work together more than any other unit on the field. Its not just a bunch of one on one battles.</P>

And to your "rediculous point" comment. I'm not saying that simply because DD was at LT when we won a SB, that makes him a great LT. I'm saying that our O line had great success that season with DD at LT. So much success in fact that we won a SB. And our O line plyed extreemly well. That would be nearly impossible if we had a huge liability at LT.</P>

In 2008 and 2009 we also had one of the best O lines in football, but seasons with DD at LT.</P>

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 02:30 PM

<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>9</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>1.50</td>
<td>15.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>8</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>0.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>10</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>35</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3.50</td>

<th>G</th>
<th>Pen</th>
<th>Yds</th>
<th>False Start</th>
<th>Holding</th>
<th>Sacks Allowed</th>
<th>Yds</th>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>50</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2.00</td>
<td>12.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>4.50</td>
<td>27.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>40</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>13.50</td>
<td>112.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>32</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>57.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>25</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8.50</td>
<td>55.50</td>
</tr>

<tr class="">
<td>12</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>15</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>7.00</td>
<td>52.00</td>
</tr>

<tr class="alt">
<td>16</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>30</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>6.50</td>
<td>52.50

Bad stats are bad.LOL, so your argument went from 'show me the stats' to 'the stats that are shown are bad'???

You attribute a sack to an LG the same way you attribute a sack to any OL, like if they get beat 1 on 1 or if someone blows up their gap, a missed block, etc

Im not hating on DD, he's a decent LT, I just want to see Beatty in there continuing where he left off as the LT of our future. Im hoping we could give DD a shot at RT next season cause he's not the LG he once was and he's quite the team player so I dont want to just cut him.* But we need to do something at RT, Mackenzie isnt what he used to be

No I never said "show me the stats". I know the stats and they are much better with DD at LT then they are with Beatty at LT (both rushing and passing). I was just pointing out that the stats you posted were wrong and that while it's fairly easy to attribute a sack to an LT it's near impossible to do so for an LG.

gmen46
01-03-2012, 03:29 PM

Beatty was on the right track to be our future LT, he was handling some of the best pass rushers in the NFL one on one.* Peppers, Orakpo, Trent Cole, Cameron Wake, and Chris Long all got handled by Beatty and never touched Eli.

Yes, Beattys run blocking isnt nearly as good as his pass protection, but then again DD's pass protection isnt what it should be.* If anything, the only way I see us keeping DD as a starter is if we drop Mackenzie and try DD over at RT.* There's no way he's taking over as LT when Beatty gets back

</P>

We won a championship with DD as out LT.* I admit that speed rushers are a bit of a problem for him but he's physical and mean.* I would also say that Eli has been one of the most infrequently sacked QB's since 07.* The exception being this season UNTIL DD went back to LT.* Plus his ability to run block helps in the end to keep D ends off the QB.</P>

What a ridiculous argument. The idea that we won a SB with David Diehl but not one with Beatty doesn't mean he is better than Beatty. It means the rest of the team and OL was better in 2007. As if SB teams are stronger at every position than non SB teams. What a joke. We won a SB in spite of Diehl. We won a SB with Plax and Toomer. Yet Nicks and Cruz are much better than 2007 Plax and 2007 Toomer. If we don't win the SB does that mean Plax and Toomer were better. Can't believe someone actually used this argument. The lack of logic presented in your post was amazing.</P>

As I said.* I don't think he's a great LT.* I do think he's solid.* You can't disagree that to O line as a whole has performed better since he moved to LT.* We've run the ball better and we've protected better.* As I'm sure you also know, O lines have to work together more than any other unit on the field.* Its not just a bunch of one on one battles.</P>

And to your "rediculous point" comment.* I'm not saying that simply because DD was at LT when we won a SB, that makes him a great LT.* I'm saying that our O line had great success that season with DD at LT.* So much success in fact that we won a SB.* And our O line plyed extreemly well.* That would be nearly impossible if we had a huge liability at LT.</P>

In 2008 and 2009 we also had one of the best O lines in football, but seasons with DD at LT.</P>

Much respect for your consistent support of Diehl.

I've seen you give the same props to Diehl every time this subject comes up--which it does much more than is warranted, imo, but what else is new on this board.

I've always agreed with your assessment of Diehl, and found your argument to be compelling in its own right so have never kicked in with my own comments.

But the Diehl naysayers continue blithely on, with nothing to back them up. The silliness of it is getting old.

So I'm chiming in now. I agree with your assessment that even though it cannot be --and has not been --argued that Diehl is a GREAT LT, he has done an admirable job since he moved to that position beginning of 2007.

And, in that position he was part of what most analysts proclaimed as one of the best--if not THE best--O Lines from 07-09.

I'll add that I was very impressed and pleased with how well Diehl did his first year as LT, which was 2007, replacing who we THOUGHT was a superior LT in Petitgout.

I felt throughout 2007 that Diehl was taken for granted by fans, and not given the recognition he deserved for making the transition from Guard to Tackle appear so seamless.

It's the toughest position on offense, aside from QB and Center, in my opinion to excel at a high level, and he did quite well his first season, especially in the face of everyone wringing their hands over the fact that Petitgout (overrated in my opinion, but that's another discussion) was cut in the offseason.

And, as you imply, I think it's a mistake to underrate Diehl's career long contribution to the team.

His versatility--always a top attribute of any Giants team that is annually promoted as a necessity by Giants coaches and GMs.

The quality of his versatility has been outstanding.

His mental and physical toughness.

His durability--an attribute that is always overlooked and/or underrated by fans, until a player goes down, that is. He never missed a game from Week One of his rookie year in 2003 until mid-season 2010. I can't adequately characterize how rare and impressive that is for an offensive lineman.

And don't you love the irony that most posters over the past 2 years at least, in every thread debating Diehl's abilities, have begged for Diehl to be moved back to his "natural" position of LG, and then when he actually was moved back to that position in 2011 he's pilloried for not being as effective at Guard as he is at LT (well, not by Kase and giantsfan39, obviously)?

As a QB that is perennially at the top of the NFL in being sacked, I'd say Roethlisberger, for one, along with Rogers, Romo, -- just to name a couple other top QBs--would be thrilled to have the effectiveness of David Diehl covering their back.