PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to make fun of my man Chase Blackburn now!!!!

BParcells777
01-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Come on you old timers admit I was right all along.....I will accept you're apologies graciously

YATittle1962
01-02-2012, 09:59 PM
who was down on Chase?

BParcells777
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
ask Tommie

Mercury
01-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I've never been a big fan of Chase Blackburn. He's been our MLB in some real bad losses and has looked woeful at times.

Spedracer
01-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I think he is a complete liability out there. Barely serviceable starter, but a fierce ST player.

Drystt
01-02-2012, 11:00 PM
I like him, really do. But nothing more than a modern up to date Nick Griesen

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I think he is a complete liability out there. Barely serviceable starter, but a fierce ST player.well for now he has come back with a vengance to prove us all wrong......a little time on the couch not getting a paycheck will do wonders for playbook studying instead of thinking you are on the gravy train!

BlueSanta
01-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Hold your horses there cowboy.

Nobody on here bashed Chase, in fact most here like him.

You were calling for the immediate cutting of AP in 2008(while we were dominating) and replacing him with Chase, which was a lil absurd at the time.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-02-2012, 11:20 PM

You were calling for the immediate cutting of AP in 2008(while we were dominating) and replacing him with Chase, which was a lil absurd at the time.
OWNED! OOPS! that is some good memory right there BLUE! Your my boy Blue!!

ShakeNBake
01-02-2012, 11:24 PM

^This. Chase is a special teams ace and many people on the boards welcomed him back.

TrueBlue07
01-02-2012, 11:24 PM
I LOVED Blackburn last night when he hit the wrong gap early in the game yesterday and let Jones run for about 13 yards when it could have been a -2 yard play. Great LBing if I've ever seen it.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-02-2012, 11:56 PM
I LOVED Blackburn last night when he hit the wrong gap early in the game yesterday and let Jones run for about 13 yards when it could have been a -2 yard play. Great LBing if I've ever seen it.
that was a called gap play...if you know anything about FOOTBALL you would know this man. so............ go back to baseball or whatever sport you think you have a clue about!!!!!!

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 12:01 AM
that was a called gap play...if you know anything about FOOTBALL you would know this man. so............ go back to baseball or whatever sport you think you have a clue about!!!!!!

Besides your immature, and unnecessary comment I am supposed to believe you know what defensive play was called? Chase hit the wrong hole and ended up behind the play, we had 3 guys on their 2 blockers, he choose the wrong angle, simple as that.

I like Blackburn, he is a special teams beast, and he gets our play call from the sideline to the players well, which is something we couldn't do before, beyond that he is a 2nd string LBer, starting for us.

Firenugget
01-03-2012, 12:10 AM
ask Tommie

Maybe you should just like...pm Tommie then?

fansince69
01-03-2012, 08:50 AM

^This. Chase is a special teams ace and many people on the boards welcomed him back.

I agree with this completely....Maybe I am out of the loop but I have a question
Is bparcells777 the old Jak? JAK was the only one on the boards that ever though Blackburn was more than a solid BACKUP linebacker and a very good special team player.

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 09:40 AM

I agree with this completely....Maybe I am out of the loop but I have a question
Is bparcells777 the old Jak? JAK was the only one on the boards that ever though Blackburn was more than a solid BACKUP linebacker and a very good special team player.

When Chase hits people their teeth chatter.......AP was an ankle tackler who let the runner get 5 yds downfield before he made the stop (trip)

As for Chase hitting the wrong hole once........that is absurd.....do all LBers hit the right hole everytime?? give me a break.....please no dirty jokes

Chase can at least defend the pass......AP used to be 2 steps behind every TE he ever saw

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 09:43 AM
If Chase is a back up LBer....what did that make the slow as dirt AP?

Besides I want MLBers that manhandle runners.....not lightweight that are borderline ST

fansince69
01-03-2012, 09:47 AM

Besides I want MLBers that manhandle runners.....not lightweight that are borderline ST

You are entitled to your opinion,but answer this.... when he was cut by the Giants this year ....why was he sitting on his couch in week 14?A linebacker of the quality you state would have been in demand?

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 09:48 AM
If Chase is a back up LBer....<FONT size=4>what did that make the slow as dirt AP?

</FONT>Besides I want MLBers that manhandle runners.....not lightweight that are borderline ST
</P>

</P>

eh, a starting LB?</P>

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 09:55 AM

You are entitled to your opinion,but answer this.... when he was cut by the Giants this year ....why was he sitting on his couch in week 14?A linebacker of the quality you state would have been in demand?

I dont really care what other teams do

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM

Do you care what the Giants do? Because they also let the guy sit on his couch until W14, after they already cut him in the off season, despite being the ST capt, and working him out once earlier in the year as well...they still didn't bring him back in until W14.

As for hitting the wrong hole, ya it was one play, but at least as far as I could tell/remember, it was the one play that was his for the making, and he missed it. It was a 12 yard swing as well, so it wasn't "no big deal". If Rolle had done the same thing, the board would be killing him.

fansince69
01-03-2012, 10:01 AM

The fact remains you may be the only one in the world (other than chase's mother) that thinks he is anything more than a good special teams player and an acceptable linebacker..Don't get me wrong I love his attitude and his energy

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 11:40 AM

Do you care what the Giants do? Because they also let the guy sit on his couch until W14, after they already cut him in the off season, despite being the ST capt, and working him out once earlier in the year as well...they still didn't bring him back in until W14.

As for hitting the wrong hole, ya it was one play, but at least as far as I could tell/remember, it was the one play that was his for the making, and he missed it. It was a 12 yard swing as well, so it wasn't "no big deal". If Rolle had done the same thing, the board would be killing him.

Good Point, This is further proof that Coughlin is an IDIOT, who has been handled a Ferrari by Reese and cannot get it out of 2nd gear half the time. Tom is a Chevy Impala Auto Trans guy

I WANT COWHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 11:42 AM

I cannot communicate with someone with a football IQ below 10 on a 200 scale

burier
01-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I like him, really do. But nothing more than a modern up to date Nick Griesen
</P>

</P>

I think that's a bit harsh</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM

</P>

I would think that it would be much easier for you to communicate with like-minded football fans . . . . . maybe housewives? </P>

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Have any of you hater and jokers noticed the D stiffened considerably since Chase has been in as MLBer full time........the first few games he was rotating in.

Laugh.......I'll have the last laugh[:D]

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 11:52 AM

</p>

I would think that it would be much easier for you to communicate with like-minded football fans . . . . . maybe housewives? </p>

They actually have class for women to understand Football........I suggest you take it and repeat the class 20 X

BlueSanta
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
C'mon man, stop acting like you called this. Your call was very wrong.

I recall you saying Chase was the "future of the franchise."

Nobody is bashing Chase, he has always been a fiery guy who is very likable. He plays hard and does what he can with his limitations.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 02:09 PM

LOL! You're going to insult my intelligence when all I've seen you add to the boards is cheerleader bullshi....? Shouldn't you be starting another thread about how the Falcons are scurrrred of the Giants? Or maybe a thread telling us how White &amp; Jones are refusing to go over the middle this week because big, bad, Chase is just waitin' for 'em!!!

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 02:19 PM
They are free to go over the middle........better buckle their chin straps though

Did you see that hit in the Oak St Stanford game? I never saw a helmet fly so far

must have been Chase's little brother that hit the guy

If our D line (and Running game) plays like it did the last 2 weeks Atlanta has no shot

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I always liked Chase. He always gives 100% effort and plays intensely. Never did understand why there were haters.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I always liked Chase. He always gives 100% effort and plays intensely. Never did understand why there were haters.

I don't see any "Chase hate" here. Almost everyone is saying they like the guy, in the role he plays. If someone came along and said Chase should be our starting QB and we all scoffed at the idea, we're not hating on the player, but the idea.

Oh no, I may have given BParcells a new thread idea....

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm not really thinking about Atlanta

I'm thinking about San Fran, GB, and New England..........call me crazy.

I do not see a warm weather team that is mediocre at best coming in here and laying us out

daynemustgo
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Jakk you hated Strahan but now Chase is the man????

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 02:28 PM

I don't see any "Chase hate" here.* Almost everyone is saying they like the guy, in the role he plays.* If someone came along and said Chase should be our starting QB and we all scoffed at the idea, we're not hating on the player, but the idea.

I have seen the anti-Chase group but hey everyone is entitled to their opinions. It doesn't mean they are right.

DelawareGiants
01-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not really thinking about Atlanta

I'm thinking about San Fran, GB, and New England..........call me crazy.

I do not see a warm weather team that is mediocre at best coming in here and laying us out

Woah! I seem to remember getting our butts kicked by a Carolina team a few years back in the first round of the playoffs! Let's be smart and take em one game at a time.

And BTW- I a very happy that we have Chase Blackburn back- he is a gamer- and obviously the D is playing better now with him in at MLB than our other Rookie options. Experience means a lot.

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 02:39 PM

I don't see any "Chase hate" here. Almost everyone is saying they like the guy, in the role he plays. If someone came along and said Chase should be our starting QB and we all scoffed at the idea, we're not hating on the player, but the idea.

I have seen the anti-Chase group but hey everyone is entitled to their opinions. It doesn't mean they are right.

I hate to say this but you almost had this feeling a lot of people did not want to see a white guy running the Offense (Eli) and a white guy running the Defense (Chase).....personally I'm color blind Jim Brown, Harry Carson, even little Michael Vick are football heroes to me. I love Tuck, JPP, Correy Webster, Osi.........Blackburn brings a physical punishment presence to the MLBer position the Giants have not had in 20 years

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
With all due respect I think it has absolutely nothing to do with color. I wouldn't bring color into any debate as a Giant fan.

Mercury
01-03-2012, 03:03 PM

I hate to say this but you almost had this feeling a lot of people did not want to see a white guy running the Offense (Eli) and a white guy running the Defense (Chase).....personally I'm color blind Jim Brown, Harry Carson, even little Michael Vick are football heroes to me. I love Tuck, JPP, Correy Webster, Osi.........Blackburn brings a physical punishment presence to the MLBer position the Giants have not had in 20 years

I only have to go back 6 months to find a better Giants LBer than Chase, namely Jonathan Goff.

One thing I do have to say is that I'm really glad Chase Blackburn kept himself in football condition and even continued to study the Giants playbook after he was cut! I wish the rest of our team had his heart, drive, and dedication.

HilliardFan16
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Wow, its only January 3rd, but I daresay this will go down as the dumbest post of 2012.

You insult people on their "football IQ," then say the reason that people don't think Blackburn is the next LT because people don't "want to see a white guy running the Offense and a white guy running the Defense." That's literally the dumbest invoking of racism I've ever seen.

Blackburn is a good character guy, who gives his all. Everyone likes him. He's not some freak. He's not even close to starting on half the NFL teams, and he sat at home for 14 weeks. Give it a rest. He's not better than Mike Barrow, AP, or Goff... just name to name a few off the top of my head in .4 seconds.

lawl
01-03-2012, 04:42 PM
He plays like what? 10 snaps a game?

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Wow, its only January 3rd, but I daresay <FONT size=5>this will go down as the dumbest post of 2012.

</FONT>You insult people on their "football IQ," then say the reason that people don't think Blackburn is the next LT because people don't "want to see a white guy running the Offense and a white guy running the Defense." That's literally the dumbest invoking of racism I've ever seen.

Blackburn is a good character guy, who gives his all. Everyone likes him. He's not some freak. He's not even close to starting on half the NFL teams, and he sat at home for 14 weeks. Give it a rest. He's not better than Mike Barrow, AP, or Goff... just name to name a few off the top of my head in .4 seconds.
</P>

Don't be so sure . . . . I think that you are underestimating Jak's talent for creating idiotic posts. He'll have this one beat within an hour . . . . </P>

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM

Wow, its only January 3rd, but I daresay <font size="5">this will go down as the dumbest post of 2012.

</font>You insult people on their "football IQ," then say the reason that people don't think Blackburn is the next LT because people don't "want to see a white guy running the Offense and a white guy running the Defense." That's literally the dumbest invoking of racism I've ever seen.

</p>

Don't be so sure . . . . I think that you are underestimating Jak's talent for creating idiotic posts. He'll have this one beat within an hour . . . . </p>

Did you try that football course for wives and girlfriends yet

http://football101women.com/