PDA

View Full Version : The thing about Pierce is....

NYG 5
01-03-2012, 01:20 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/12/08/sports/football/08giants.slide5.jpg

he looks like the fat guy we brought off the couch after he got hurt.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 01:24 AM
he was out of shape, and he seemed like he became the master of getting to the play to assist on a tackle, and never be the first guy there...but there's no question he brought leadership and order to the defense that we saw first hand this year cannot be underrated

jomo
01-03-2012, 01:30 AM
he was out of shape, and he seemed like he became the master of getting to the play to assist on a tackle, and never be the first guy there...but there's no question he brought leadership and order to the defense that we saw first hand this year cannot be underrated
Ask the Jets about the importance of having guys with character.........still not sure they understand it but they should.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Ask the Jets about the importance of having guys with character.........still not sure they understand it but they should.

the 07 team rallied around the "us against the world" mentality, and AP was one of the driving forces behind that. He was blowing an air horn in the locker room to annoy the media when they were 0-2 going to Washington.

1 play I will always remember is in the NFC champ game, with a guy blocking him, AP some how wrapped up Grant, saved us about 15 yards, still have no idea how he did that. That's a play JPP makes today.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM
how is it that pierce seems like he's in much better shape now as a tv analyst then when he was actually playing football?lol.

still tho a great giant and he really showed leadership

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 01:35 AM

the 07 team rallied around the "us against the world" mentality, and AP was one of the driving forces behind that.* He was blowing an air horn in the locker room to annoy the media when they were 0-2 going to Washington.*

1 play I will always remember is in the NFC champ game, with a guy blocking him, AP some how wrapped up Grant, saved us about 15 yards, still have no idea how he did that.* That's a play JPP makes today.

+1. and on that play vs GB, if my memory serves me wasn't he actually double teamed when he somehow made that tackle?

if he doesnt make that tackle i dont know if we end up winning. r.grant had a TON of space in front of him and pierce was the only player in the area.
thats a play where heart trumps physical ability.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 01:38 AM

the 07 team rallied around the "us against the world" mentality, and AP was one of the driving forces behind that. He was blowing an air horn in the locker room to annoy the media when they were 0-2 going to Washington.

1 play I will always remember is in the NFC champ game, with a guy blocking him, AP some how wrapped up Grant, saved us about 15 yards, still have no idea how he did that. That's a play JPP makes today.

+1. and on that play vs GB, if my memory serves me wasn't he actually double teamed when he somehow made that tackle?

if he doesnt make that tackle i dont know if we end up winning. r.grant had a TON of space in front of him and pierce was the only player in the area.
thats a play where heart trumps physical ability.

I'm pretty sure he was "only" being blocked by one guy, but still, to wrap up Grant with 1 arm, while fending off a blocker, it was an amazing play. As the years go on we will embellish the play until one day AP had the whole O-Line on him and he stripped the ball from Grant. Haha!

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 02:01 AM
He was probably, from a physical standpoint, one of if not the worst starting MIKE backer in the league in 2008-2009, but damn, could he fire up the guys and get us in a right play or what?

NYG 5
01-03-2012, 02:02 AM
i was only kidding, i just remembered Pierce in his later years being this tubby guy with little stick legs flailing behind bryan westbrook. but, his first couple years year, he was always in pretty good shape.

i think the super bowl and the latin quarter got to him, that or his body couldnt take playing football after a while.

as for the green bay play, as i recall, they had about 3 blockers for grant, and AP ran through them all and made the tackle himself.