PDA

View Full Version : Tuck calls Falcon o-line "dirt bags"

Bluesmash
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Let the trash talking begin

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I found it in the Atlanta Constitution:

“Most people would call them dirt bags,” Giants defensive end Justin Tuck told ESPNnewyork.com on Monday. “But it is what it is. We got to make sure we do our job, and, if we are doing our job well, then they will be upset and they will be trying to do things to get us off our game. We’ve got to take that a as a compliment.”

The Falcons board thinks their o-line is in his head.

Earlier this year a Packer said they flop for the refs to get a flag.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/giants-tuck-calls-falcons-1286178.html

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 01:45 AM
apparently Suh also thinks they are dirty. If Suh thinks you are a dirty player you have to take a concealed weapon on the field with you.

If the people on the Falcons board think that is going to get in the head of a super bowl champ like Tuck, well, they are in for a rude awakening on Sunday.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 01:53 AM
No, "most people" would call them dirtbags. Not Tuck.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 03:21 AM
they are going to hold and cheat as much as they can. Lets all hope the refs catch it.

Firenugget
01-03-2012, 03:55 AM
If Suh thinks you are a dirty player you have to take a concealed weapon on the field with you.

LMAO

jhamburg
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM

"What do you think about gmen0820"
"Well, most people would call him a dirt bag"

You wouldn't take offense to that?

Tony Bruno
01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
good then he should have 3 sacks...

mattpl908
01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
ive also saw on their message board that they think we're dirty for faking the injuries during the rams game

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 04:19 PM
ive also saw on their message board that they think we're dirty for faking the injuries during the rams game

<font color="#FF0000">We weren't faking any injuries there, that's just how Grant tries to tackle now...</font>

repeatchamps
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
ive also saw on their message board that they think we're dirty for faking the injuries during the rams game</P>

Cheap and bush league maybe, but dirty? Nah.</P>

mfraykor
01-03-2012, 04:21 PM

+1... exactly... Tuck didn't say anything but point out what others were thinking.... they are apparently well known to be dirty players....so

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM

"What do you think about gmen0820"
"Well, most people would call him a dirt bag"

You wouldn't take offense to that?Nope, not from you.

egyptian420
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
lmao good point

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
there was a definite implication there that Tuck agrees with the "dirtbag" label, or else why mention it? Or why not say you don't agree with it?

This is semantics.

Providence
01-03-2012, 04:28 PM

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I found it in the Atlanta Constitution:

“Most people would call them dirt bags,” Giants defensive end Justin Tuck told ESPNnewyork.com on Monday. “But it is what it is. We got to make sure we do our job, and, if we are doing our job well, then they will be upset and they will be trying to do things to get us off our game. We’ve got to take that a as a compliment.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/giants-tuck-calls-falcons-1286178.html

Saying Tuck called their O-line dirtbags is clearly taking things out of context. Come on dude, don't go all Fox news on us here.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 04:34 PM
there was a definite implication there that Tuck agrees with the "dirtbag" label, or else why mention it? Or why not say you don't agree with it?

This is semantics.
Because he was asked about them.

And I'd call it far from a definite implication. "But it is what it is" that alone makes me at least have doubt it was trash talk.

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 04:36 PM
yeah go more like Keith Olberman or Cokehead Matthews. They are much more forthright, LOL.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 04:36 PM

This is semantics.

And I'd call it far from a definite implication. "But it is what it is" that alone makes me at least have doubt it was trash talk.

Since unfortunately for all of us, we are not Justin, none of us can say for sure. I know myself, in that situation, if I didn't agree with the label, I wouldn't say it, or I would say I don't agree with it. That's just me though.

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Tuck didn't "call them" dirt bags. He said that's how they're seen by other teams that have played them. The news article just wanted to get our attention.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM

This is semantics.

Since unfortunately for all of us, we are not Justin, none of us can say for sure.* I know myself, in that situation, if I didn't agree with the label, I wouldn't say it, or I would say I don't agree with it.* That's just me though.
So you have a dirtbag Falcon offensive line as a topic of question and when a reporter asks you about that OL's reputation you will just forget to mention they have a dirtbag reputation?

Just me though. It's a tacky discussion.

C1010
01-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Throughout the year the Falcons O line has been criticized for dirty plays by opposing players.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM

This is semantics.

Since unfortunately for all of us, we are not Justin, none of us can say for sure. I know myself, in that situation, if I didn't agree with the label, I wouldn't say it, or I would say I don't agree with it. That's just me though.
So you have a dirtbag Falcon offensive line as a topic of question and when a reporter asks you about that OL's reputation you will just forget to mention they have a dirtbag reputation?

Just me though. It's a tacky discussion.

I wouldn't be forgetting to mention it, that is the point. Again, I wouldn't mention it unless I wanted to put it out there for people to hear. If you know someone has a rep of being an ahole, but you don't agree with that, would you throw that rep out there, making them look bad, when you think it's an unfair criticism? Makes no sense to me.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
If you know someone has a rep of being an ahole, but you don't agree with that, would you throw that rep out there, making them look bad, when you think it's an unfair criticism? Makes no sense to me.
If I was asked directly on that guys reputation, probably, but I would follow it up directly with "it is what it is". Just me though.

But I do believe that Tuck believes it too, but he hasn't played the Falcons since 2009. Plus I have a general dislike for the media making misleading headlines causing debates like this lol

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 04:54 PM
If you know someone has a rep of being an ahole, but you don't agree with that, would you throw that rep out there, making them look bad, when you think it's an unfair criticism? Makes no sense to me.
If I was asked directly on that guys reputation, probably, but I would follow it up directly with "it is what it is". Just me though.

But I do believe that Tuck believes it too, but he hasn't played the Falcons since 2009. Plus I have a general dislike for the media making misleading headlines causing debates like this lol

Outside of his usual Cowboy comments Tuck is usually relatively quiet when it comes to our opponents so I was surprised to hear he said anything that could even be up for debate.

Honestly, I'm bored as hell and just counting down until Sunday so I entertain ridiculous debates such as this, lol. Otherwise I wouldn't really care. The media knows this, that's why they do it.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 04:57 PM
The media knows this, that's why they do it.
****!

jhamburg
01-03-2012, 05:01 PM

What do you think "it is what it is" means?

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 05:11 PM

What do you think "it is what it is" means?It's subjective. Just like when you asked me if I'd take offense to that if I had the reputation of being a dirtbags. Do you have something groundbreaking or do you just want my opinion on every aspect of this quote?

jhamburg
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM

What do you think "it is what it is" means?It's subjective. Just like when you asked me if I'd take offense to that if I had the reputation of being a dirtbags. Do you have something groundbreaking or do you just want my opinion on every aspect of this quote?

To most people I know, that phrase means "That's the way things are, but I'm not worried about it".

Refuse2Fail
01-03-2012, 05:50 PM

hehe, you're right

Refuse2Fail
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM

I myself have a HUGE problem with the "media making misleading headlines" but don't worry, I won't piss off guys on this board with non-Giant banter.

FBomb
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
This is not good. We become undisciplined when dealing with dirty players and we get PF's.</P>

I fear BJ is going to kill someone.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM
This is not good. We become undisciplined when dealing with dirty players and we get PF's.</P>

</P>

As long as he does it on 3rd and 1 for once . . . . . </P>

Falcon2k
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Wow "dirt bags" coming from a guy thats on a defense that will fake injuries to slow their opposition down, against the rams at that.

FBomb
01-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Wow "dirt bags" coming from a guy thats on a defense that will fake injuries to slow their opposition down, against the rams at that.</P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnwVH7Ieoi8v17CTi6KgMPh_TwIDF3B ympOnQWqYIZhnOH0h6OI see what you did there!</P>

FBomb
01-03-2012, 06:05 PM

</P>

As long as he does it on 3rd and 1 for once . . . . . </P>

</P>

No ****!</P>

gmen46
01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Wow "dirt bags" coming from a guy thats on a defense that will fake injuries to slow their opposition down, against the rams at that.

That's the best you got? ONE incident? An incident, by the way, that several players and ex players who were asked during the furor about it the following week, ALL said was frequently done by teams throughout the league, and that it was a legitimate tactic.

The only reason it got so much attention after week 2 was that A) there was nothing else controversial to discuss on sports channels that week, and B) the Giants had 2 players go down simultaneously, which drew attention to a tactic that occurs all the time in the NFL.

You really believe that to be a "dirty" play?

Wow. Who's in whose head?

Enjoy your one playoff game next Sunday.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 06:28 PM

I myself have a HUGE problem with the "media making misleading headlines" but don't worry, I won't piss off guys on this board with non-Giant banter.Sweet sig!

GameTime
01-03-2012, 06:30 PM

</P>

he wont be facing the dirtbag Falcon's oline though.....lol</P>

Gianthunter
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM

</P>

he wont be facing the dirtbag Falcon's oline though.....lol</P>[*-)][8-)]

jjj45
01-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow "dirt bags" coming from a guy thats on a defense that will fake injuries to slow their opposition down, against the rams at that.lol you probably think Ryan, Romo, and Ben are all better than Eli.

FBomb
01-03-2012, 06:36 PM

</P>

</P>

If a fight breaks out you don't think he would be the first one to volunteer?</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 06:39 PM

</P>

</P>

If a fight breaks out you don't think he would be the first one to volunteer?</P>

</P>

no doubt....</P>

he will take his boxing stance and have at it.....</P>

hope not though. stuff like that really doesn get a team pumped up in the right way. Makes you reckless and vulnarable to screwing up.....</P>

FBomb
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

no doubt....</P>

hope not though. stuff like that really doesn get a team pumped up in the right way. Makes you reckless and vulnarable to screwing up.....</P>

</P>

Still, I don't want them just taking it though....there HAS to be some sort retaliation.....I know, let's just ****ing win.....nothin more humbling than a loss!!</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

no doubt....</P>

</P>

Still, I don't want them just taking it though....there HAS to be some sort retaliation.....I know, let's just ****ing win.....nothin more humbling than a loss!!</P>

</P>

cant worry about what hasnr happened yet. It may not even get to that. I'm sure these players put up with big time **** each game......</P>

But if somehting does go down they wont take it. There will be retaliation (sp)</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I didn't think Atlanta fans knew how to use the internet. I'm impressed.