PDA

View Full Version : Been trying to think of who Victor Cruz reminds me of - I got it...

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Terry Glenn...he doesn't look like him but he has similar stature and he broke out just like he did in his first (real) season and made highlight reel catches throughout his career. Not sure how Glenn is off the field but his freakish play was outstanding! I hope Cruz can at least be like Glenn throughout his career as a Giant.

I emphasize "as a Giant"

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
um no. terry glenn wishes he had a season like cruz had. terry glenn reminds me of brandon stokely. victor cruz reminds me of a young jerry rice. i said it. ability to run crisp routes, take short passes the distance, and make amazing catches.

i know i could get reemed for that statement, but this years play from cruz honestly reminds me of a season rice would have.

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Terry Glenn...he doesn't look like him but he has similar stature and he broke out just like he did in his first (real) season and made highlight reel catches throughout his career. Not sure how Glenn is off the field but his freakish play was outstanding! I hope Cruz can at least be like Glenn throughout his career as a Giant.

I emphasize "as a Giant"

Not even remotely.

Terry Glenn was a little prima donna first round draft pick that had to get brow beat by Parcels into actually performing near his talent level (Parcels ridiculing TG throughout his career was fairly comedic).

Cruz was an undrafted FA, who has so far performed better then TG ever has.

Cruz reminds me more of Rod Smith.

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 08:43 AM
um no. terry glenn wishes he had a season like cruz had. terry glenn reminds me of brandon stokely. victor cruz reminds me of a young jerry rice. i said it. ability to run crisp routes, take short passes the distance, and make amazing catches.

i know i could get reemed for that statement, but this years play from cruz honestly reminds me of a season rice would have.Why would he wish it...Glenn had 90 catches for over 1100 yards in his rookie season...I wouldn't say that is a terrible way to start. Rice didn't crack 50 catches nor 1,000 yds in his rookie season. Rice is 6'2" and lanky Cruz is 6' and Glenn is 5'11" and both had good, solid frames. Rice broke out in his second year as did Cruz but Cruz never played a regular-season snap in his rookie season...so this could be viewed as that though, unofficially!

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 08:45 AM

I emphasize "as a Giant"

Not even remotely.

Terry Glenn was a little prima donna first round draft pick that had to get brow beat by Parcels into actually performing near his talent level (Parcels ridiculing TG throughout his career was fairly comedic).

Cruz reminds me more of Rod Smith.I am really talking about his talent level...never mentioned the personality...read between the lines.

Slunk3AM
01-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Well - at first I thought the Jerry Rice comparison was a little over the top. So I tried to refresh my memory by looking at Jerry Rice highlights.

Astonishingly, to me, VC looks more elusive than Rice. I'm not sure what it is exactly. Rice had blazing speed and would run a good route then just flat out beat defenders with speed.

But Cruz possibly isnt as blazing fast, but the array of jukes and other moves we've seen him display this year just are - dare I say it - more entertaining than RIce's moves.

Like that pass where he caught the ball then sorta leaped between 2 Jets (was that the 99 yard TD?) that was so amazing. Or that juke move early against the Eagles where he made like a weird salsa hip juke and sent Nnamdi crashing into another Eagles DB.

Guy is UNREAL. Really hoping for this guy to become the next great Giant. Hope he stays with us and stays healthy!

Sundown
01-03-2012, 08:51 AM
If you're going to compare him to anyone you have to go w Steve Smith from the Panthers. Small dude that plays big!!

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 09:05 AM

I emphasize "as a Giant"

Not even remotely.

Cruz reminds me more of Rod Smith.I am really talking about his talent level...never mentioned the personality...read between the lines.

Sorry my ESP must be off ... I didn't understand what you didn't post. :P

And my point was the Cruz looks to be better than Terry Glenn.

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 09:11 AM
If you're going to compare him to anyone you have to go w Steve Smith from the Panthers. Small dude that plays big!!Yes, I can see this too...just tried to stay away from the name steve smith, lol.

hungrrrry
01-03-2012, 09:15 AM

I emphasize "as a Giant"

Not even remotely.

Sorry my ESP must be off ... I didn't understand what you didn't post. :P

And my point was the Cruz looks to be better than Terry Glenn.not beat the point to death but...I mentioned that I didn't know of Glenns off the field, which could suggest I don't know of his personality of work habits...I am strictly talking about is actual play since that is what we usually see, right...but don't forget, before Cruz "broke out" Kevin Gilbride ripped him a new *** on national television...those things don't matter when they produce good numbers.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 09:23 AM
He reminds me of the guy the Giants had on the roster last year who toasted the Jets in preseason and them went on IR. That guy was fast and pulled own passes out muscling the DBs. The crowd would say his name everytime he made a play. Cant quite think of it at this time.......</P>

Thats who he reminds me of....who was that again.....???</P>

</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 09:27 AM

I emphasize "as a Giant"

i'd say a young ocho

GameTime
01-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Terry Glenn...he doesn't look like him but he has similar stature and he broke out just like he did in his first (real) season and made highlight reel catches throughout his career. Not sure how Glenn is off the field but his freakish play was outstanding! I hope Cruz can at least be like Glenn throughout his career as a Giant. I emphasize "as a Giant"

i'd say a young ocho
</P>

without the clown factor.....</P>

Idkaname
01-03-2012, 09:31 AM
He reminds me of the guy the Giants had on the roster last year who toasted the Jets in preseason and them went on IR. That guy was fast and pulled own passes out muscling the DBs. The crowd would say his name everytime he made a play. Cant quite think of it at this time.......</P>

*</P>
I believe you're thinking of Sinorice Moss

*</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 09:32 AM

</P><FONT color=#ff0000 size=4>I believe you're thinking of Sinorice Moss</FONT>

</P>

</P>

there.....fixed that for you.....</P>

AceOspadZ4
01-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Cruz is not a small dude. 6 ft. 204 lbs

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Terry Glenn...he doesn't look like him but he has similar stature and he broke out just like he did in his first (real) season and made highlight reel catches throughout his career. Not sure how Glenn is off the field but his freakish play was outstanding! I hope Cruz can at least be like Glenn throughout his career as a Giant. I emphasize "as a Giant"

i'd say a young ocho
</p>

without the clown factor.....</p>

yea... skills wise