PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks Season

Giant14you
01-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane

ryan12
01-03-2012, 10:47 AM
agreed he had a great year. we have two stud wr's time to lock them up...

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane

Not to mention that he's been dealing with a bum hammy all year.

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 11:03 AM
I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane Not to mention that he's been dealing with a bum hammy all year.</P>

And a bad case of the drops mid season.</P>

bubblesmcgee
01-03-2012, 11:07 AM

He had a great season and opened Cruz up for most of it by absorbing doubles. Two great players im glad they're giants

buddy33
01-03-2012, 11:08 AM
He also threw some great blocks the other night.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 11:10 AM
the fact he was double teamed from jump street AND STILL HAD THE SEASON HE HAD speaks volumes, not to mention he dropped at least 4 td passes that i can remember.

during the dallas game sunday night, after the first half, dallas began to double cruz. a lot. on that reception that set up nicks td, the cowboys were all out focused on cruz, which when eli looked the defense off by looking and kind of pump faking to him, freed up the middle of the field.

i HOPE AND PRAY that KG and Eli study this game tape and see that if Eli looks off the defense and gives a lil pump fake action, the entire defense will collapse onto Cruz or Nicks, and then it frees up coverage. On the Cruz 44 yd reception in the 4th where he did the spin move, he again looked off the defense and sensabaugh drifted over, which left Cruz on single coverage w/o safety help.

this could be a HUGE factor for us in the post season. teams will NO DOUBT BE HEAVILY CONCENTRATED ON CRUZ TO NOT GIVE UP THE HUGE PLAY, so if eli can look the defense off and pump fake, he will have HUGE throwing lanes.

right now, defenses have no chance really if eli and the wr's are playing their game. after an off season when the Giants can either resign MM or another young, hungry, talented WR and solidify their OL a lil bit, FOGETTA BOUT IT!

VBGiantsFan
01-03-2012, 11:13 AM

Completely agree. We have the equivalent of Anquan Boldin (Nicks) and dare I say Larry Fitzgerald (Cruz).

Arizona made the mistake of losing Boldin (and Warner...) and were never the same, but we need to lock these guys down.

They are our Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. We need to keep them both with Eli for the next 10 years.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Giants should try to lock these guys up now.Dont wait till the rookie deals expire and then pay through the nose for them. Victor Cruz especially needs to get a raise dont create bad blood with star players by letting him play for 400,000 next year. I think of the 2 Cruz is the more likely to take a smaller deal because he is from this area. If the Giants wait till they hit FA they wont keep them both

VBGiantsFan
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Giants should try to lock these guys up now.Dont wait till the rookie deals expire and then pay through the nose for them. Victor Cruz especially needs to get a raise dont create bad blood with star players by letting him play for 400,000 next year. I think of the 2 Cruz is the more likely to take a smaller deal because he is from this area. If the Giants wait till they hit FA they wont keep them both

Offer Cruz and Nicks the exact same deal now for the next 5 years and Manningham less for 3 years and lock them all up.

G-Man67
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
yeah nothing he did on the field (aside from the drops) was surprising to me

but to his credit, he has shown an ability to heal quickly and play thru some things ... his TD to seal the victory vs. Dallas was huge and clearly he was not 100%

he's already made a name for himself, but how great would it be for him to give us a 100+, 2 TD performance vs. Hotlanta

buddy33
01-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Don't forget about Manningham. When all 3 are in the field teams have to be worried.

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Don't forget about Manningham. When all 3 are in the field teams have to be worried.</P>

Manningham is gone</P>

RagTime Blue
01-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Man, it seems like just yesterday when the whole GMB's would only talk about what to do with Plax gone. Now we seem set for the foreseeable future without signing big-time FA's or trading away draft picks.

I hope our LB issue plays out in a similar manner.

For the record, I think Paysinger is much better than people on here give him credit for.

myles2424
01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
& just to think, trading for Braylon Edwards was the only thing that could've saved pur WR situation a few years back....right?

buddy33
01-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Don't forget about Manningham. When all 3 are in the field teams have to be worried.</P>

Manningham is gone</P>

Not yet he isn't.

GiantWarfare
01-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Biggest surprise of all regarding our star 1-2 punch at receiver?

NO DIVAS/EGO/SHOWMEN!

Unbelievable...

BigBlue1971
01-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Nicks had a great regular season and i expect him to continue his dominance in the playoffs. </P>

but what i find intriguing is hes the lowest covered (media wise) #1 receiver in the league imo.</P>

all because of Cruz.</P>

without Nicks we prolly wouldnt be where we are!</P>

Giant14you
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Nicks had a great regular season and i expect him to continue his dominance in the playoffs.* </P>

but what i find intriguing is hes the lowest covered (media wise) #1 receiver in the league imo.</P>

all because of Cruz.</P>

without Nicks we prolly wouldnt be where we are!</P>This is my point Nicks = underrated

Spizi
01-03-2012, 02:45 PM

I think he had one of the most quietly productive seasons in the NFL. If he didn't miss one game he would have easily put up 1200 yards.

loaded30
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I think Paysinger is very good, but at the same time very raw. He'll be fine in the coming years.

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I think that one thing gets overlooked because of manning and Cruz and that's Nicks season the man had 1192 yds 7 TDs and 15.7 ypc that is a great season for any WR not to mention one that gets doubled on almost every play. Just think if he could concentrate more on the easy ones he would be right around what Cruz produced this season which is insane Not to mention that he's been dealing with a bum hammy all year.</P>

And a bad case of the drops mid season.</P>

Last couple of games yeah, but going over 1000 yards receiving means he's caught more then dropped ;)

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Completely agree. We have the equivalent of Anquan Boldin (Nicks) and dare I say Larry Fitzgerald (Cruz).

Arizona made the mistake of losing Boldin (and Warner...) and were never the same, but we need to lock these guys down.

They are our Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. We need to keep them both with Eli for the next 10 years.

We have Nicks and Cruz, it's easier to remember [;)]

miked1958
01-03-2012, 03:18 PM
agreed he had a great year. we have two stud wr's time to lock them up...</P>

I think the emergence of Cruz can only help our WR Corps as a whole. Now he is drawing the Double teams which will only open it up more so for the Dangerous Nicks. Also I know MM has not been targeted as much recently due to drops and running wrong routes (although nicks and cruz have had key drops to) but i think the way cruz has dominated games it can only help MM as well as the TEs whoever plays that spot. </P>

dave56dj
01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Miked one of the main reasons manningham has not been targeted is he has not practiced due to his knee. Obviously the emergence of cruz is a huge factor and Hakeem is the number one but if mario practices this week we should see some more balls sent his way.

miked1958
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Miked one of the main reasons manningham has not been targeted is he has not practiced due to his knee. Obviously the emergence of cruz is a huge factor and Hakeem is the number one but if mario practices this week we should see some more balls sent his way.</P>

agreed. there was another thread that stated that the poster thought or was asking if Eli was Mad at MM which is why he has not thrown his way. I thought that was stupid</P>

But you are right.. once he gets more practice he will get more in the mix and like i said with Cruz so HOT right now it should open it up for all of our other guys. </P>

Espn was saying yesterday that they dont think that the Gmen will make run through the playoffs and win SB like 07 bec of key differences..(Leadership..Strahan and Pierce and Running game 4th in NFL) but they said that it would not surprise them if they did win it all. They said that the DLine is coming together and getting healthy at right time, boley back, Eli playing at very high level and with AB back Running game should get a boost. </P>

We are currently 28th in NFL in rushing but they did think with this mirrors the 07 with moral victory that gave us confidence we could run with anyone when we lost to GB... they said if a couple calls went different they win that game and giants know that, and that it is just like the last game vs Pats in 07. They said we can start out by beating someone we didnt play in reg year (falcons) just like we did in 07 (Tampa) and then go on road to play 2 teams that beat us in regular year (2of following --- GB, SF or NO) then onto SB with poss Rematch against Pats and if they get that far who would bet against them. </P>

They went on to say that they didnt think anyone would want to play us right now...</P>

dave56dj
01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Look mario is who he is (i sound like herm). He is a talented guy who will cross eli up with some bad reads from time to time. His 7 on the wonderlic was an early indication - but the guy can still go get it and make plays.

As for our 07 like run - WHO CARES? the only thing that i think is the same is we have a scary pass rush - and i know i will take heat for this - but at their respective career points JPP is actually better then strahan RIGHT NOW then strey was in 07. No he is not the leader and no im not saying he will be better for his career but right now he is playing at the highest level a END can play at and Strahan was still great but he was winding down.

My fear with this team is stopping the run - which we will see very soon agains a power run game in atlanta (yes the boys only had 49 yards but were down early and mainly in the gun). And the ability to run. But i believe IF and its a huge IF they can play CLEAN football (only done that 4 times all year) they can beat anyone.

The Motto for the D - GET HOME.
For the O - Protect Eli.

LETS GO BLUE.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Manningham is gone</P>

True.

He'll never get #2 money from the Giants. Someone will over pay him though...

If they are keeping Vick, he might fit right in with the Eagles.

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 04:03 PM
&amp; just to think, trading for Braylon Edwards was the only thing that could've saved pur WR situation a few years back....right?

:(

&lt;--- guilty

I Bleed Blue
01-03-2012, 07:11 PM

Offer Cruz and Nicks the exact same deal now for the next 5 years and Manningham less for 3 years and lock them all up.

Agreed, but many on this board hate Manningham, then accuse him of the very same mistakes that Nicks and Cruz have made. This guy is a dangerous 3rd WR that many teams would love to have. He carried the receiving core last season, when Nicks and Smith were both out at the same time.

Show the guy some love. He's also been playing with a bad knee. They all need to polish up a few things, and they will. We need him on this team. PERIOD. Who else would you rather see take his spot?

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Giants should try to lock these guys up now.Dont wait till the rookie deals expire and then pay through the nose for them. Victor Cruz especially needs to get a raise dont create bad blood with star players by letting him play for 400,000 next year. I think of the 2 Cruz is the more likely to take a smaller deal because he is from this area. If the Giants wait till they hit FA they wont keep them bothI have to agree with this. There's a few young guys that I'm worried will be asking for BIG money (JPP, Cruz, Nicks) and if we wait until the contracts expire, there's no way we keep all three of them. If Reese is smart, he will cut a few veterans this upcoming offseason, maybe trade some, and use that money for new contracts for our young studs.

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Hakeem Nicks has also been playing through hamstring injuries this season. 100% healthy, who knows how much more stats Eli could have tacked on....

Manningham is a good WR btw, just hasn't been able to see the spotlight as much with the emegence of Cruz. It's just that people have been looking far ahead with his inevitable FA status after the season. Manningham can still do damage in the playoffs against playoff opponents and win a Superbowl in the meantime.