PDA

View Full Version : Get Deon S and M Irvin a box of kleenex as the giants pummel there beloved Cowboys

sheepdip
01-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Seriously Deon is a joke. The guy was so upset after the loss and just couldn't accept it and was blaming players. Way to show non bias behavior as a analyst?

Irvin is at least funny and entertaining. I love it when most of the panel said giants win and Irvin goes for sure the cowboys hehehehe.

Zaggs
01-03-2012, 10:29 AM
You do realize that Deion Sanders is the guy who keeps saying "I Beeeleeeve in Eli" right? Also I dont remember him being upset in the review of the highlights.
But even if he was its no different than Strahan with the Giants.

Rudyy
01-03-2012, 10:30 AM
What? Seems to me that Deion is always praising Eli and how well this team has developed. He's been picking us to win the last couple of weeks too, even over the Cowboys.

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 10:38 AM
You do realize that Deion Sanders is the guy who keeps saying "I Beeeleeeve in Eli" right?* Also I dont remember him being upset in the review of the highlights.

That "I Beeleeeeve in Eli" thing is such a condescending mockery...

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 10:39 AM
What? Seems to me that Deion is always praising Eli and how well this team has developed. He's been picking us to win the last couple of weeks too, even over the Cowboys.

He doesn't praise Eli at all...the most he ever does is praise the players around Eli and say Eli is "solid". That "I Beeeleeeeve" thing is complete BS.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM

He doesn't praise Eli at all...the most he ever does is praise the players around Eli and say Eli is "solid". That "I Beeeleeeeve" thing is complete BS.

EDIT ** No its not bro, I watch NFLN all the time and its definately NOT condescending. He had a segment when he said "eli told us he was elite and he dont gotta tell us no more bc we see it."

Also they had a segment on whos reputation is stronger between tony and eli...Deion and irving both picked eli saying he is "cold blooded in the 4th quarter"

Deion sanders ALWAYS gives eli his due.

ANd i also watched the highlights, just in case you forgot... here ya go

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d825a1d15/GameDay-Cowboys-vs-Giants-highlights

not ONCE did they cry

scf424
01-03-2012, 12:14 PM

No its not bro, I watch NFLN all the time and its definately condescending. He had a segment when he said "eli told us he was elite and he dont gotta tell us no more bc we see it."

Also they had a segment on whos reputation is stronger between tony and eli...Deion and irving both picked eli saying he is "cold blooded in the 4th quarter"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d825a1d15/GameDay-Cowboys-vs-Giants-highlights

not ONCE did they cry

You realize condescending means he's looking down on Eli right? It's negative.

I hope you forgot a "not" before that. People could get confused by your post otherwise.

Rudyy
01-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I think you meant to put it's not condescending. I don't have a reason to believe Deionis trying to mock Eli..

EJ Blue
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
you guys really know how to make something outta nothing.

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Deon loves Eli. He was believing in Eli before most Giants fans were. Truth is, even Skip says nice things about Eli, and he is a huge Cowboys homer. Only guys I constantly hear say negative things towards Eli is Troy Aikman, Joe Buck andChris Collingsworth... Collingsworth throws a couple of complements every now and then because he has to, but he drools over Romo. Anytime Eli makes a big play, its always the defense made a mistake or the WR made a great play.

GiantWarfare
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM

Amen

C1010
01-03-2012, 12:43 PM

x2

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-03-2012, 04:01 PM

No its not bro, I watch NFLN all the time and its definately condescending. He had a segment when he said "eli told us he was elite and he dont gotta tell us no more bc we see it."

not ONCE did they cry

You realize condescending means he's looking down on Eli right? It's negative.

I hope you forgot a "not" before that. People could get confused by your post otherwise.

good eyes...def fixed it, thanks

Ruttiger711
01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I remember once after a terrible game by Eli and Deon put it more like this...

"I believe in Eliiiii?"

got a chuckle out of me....

but back to the OP - all i did was watch NFLN highlights and Deon didnt seem "upset" at all with the cowboys loss... I recall him getting on Ball's interference call... because Ball was interfering... but i didnt get any homerism coming from him.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Deion knows just how GREAT Eli is & despite being an ex Cowboy he's praised Eli countless times.

He's not mocking Eli, he believes in Eli. He's believed in him when everyone else didn't including some Giants fans.

Deion is OK in my book.

VelocityVirus
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree with the majority here. I don't think Deion and Michael will deny their homerism to their former team, but they definitely have great respect for Eli and the Giants organization itself.

And Deion was onboard with Eli from day one....even during the witch hunt days before the Super Bowl trophy.

dayeh33
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Deion and Irvin do not surprisingly favor the cowboys at all. I watch NFLN all the time and they seem pretty fair with all the teams. They actually talk positive about the giants all the time.

JPP
01-03-2012, 05:35 PM
You do realize that Deion Sanders is the guy who keeps saying "I Beeeleeeve in Eli" right?* Also I dont remember him being upset in the review of the highlights.

But Eli's play has made it a real thing, sure they get some humor out of it but so do I. I think it is just all in how you take it.

gmen46
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM

But Eli's play has made it a real thing, sure they get some humor out of it but so do I. I think it is just all in how you take it.

Right.

It's funny sounding in part because it's become a kind of signature expression of Deon's.

Even most of the other NFLN commentators will occasionally use the phrase in a self-conscious manner, because it's hard not to when they are praising Eli , especially this year.

Deon began the phrase back in 07, I believe (maybe 08, not sure), really as an acknowledgement by him that he, among most other commentators, had been fairly and unfairly critical of Eli his first 3-4 years in the league, but that he was showing everyone he some skills and ability.

After 4-5 years of Deon using the phrase It's gotten to the point that it's a caricature phrase now, and Deon just goes with it. It's catchy!

As to the OP's original point, I don't think Deon has been biased towards the Cowboys for years, now. In fact he teases Irvin every time Irvin thinks they'll win or perform well in on area or another, when all the evidence points to the other direction.

And Irvin is an unabashed Cowboy "homer", he doesn't deny it, but I don't see him letting it interfere with his professionalism as an analyst on the shows.

He and Strahan are similar in that regard, and I respect them for their loyalty, frankly.

greenca190
01-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I like Deion simply for his lagarette Blount line on nfl network. I cant copy and paste links on iPhone yet. Look it up.

"six people tryin to hit that blunt!"

sheepdip
01-04-2012, 10:01 PM
well I guess you guys didnt watch the post game talk when Deon was so frustrated and the reason for my post. I am not talking about the I believe in Eli comments. That took a strange turn in my post. I listened to him complain about Newman and ball and all the players in general and said the D coach was great and called all the right plays but the players didnt do their part. Also he mentioned they need corners that can cover etc. Anyways he was frustrated and seemed ticked off. Maybe you guys watched it before the game.

Rudyy
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
well I guess you guys didnt watch the post game talk when Deon was so frustrated and the reason for my post. I am not talking about the I believe in Eli comments. That took a strange turn in my post. I listened to him complain about Newman and ball and all the players in general and said the D coach was great and called all the right plays but the players didnt do their part. Also he mentioned they need corners that can cover etc. Anyways he was frustrated and seemed ticked off. Maybe you guys watched it before the game.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't like the Giants, or is taking anything away from them..

yoeddy
01-05-2012, 06:36 AM

But that doesn't mean he doesn't like the Giants, or is taking anything away from them..

I find Deion to be like Collinsworth regarding the Giants....when they make a big play, it's not because they did sometime well, but because the opposing team made a big blunder. They rarely give the Giants credit for being good...

GCGiant
01-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I just wonder if there are any talking heads out there that are still picking Dallas or Philly to win the NFC East?

egyptian420
01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I like Deion simply for his lagarette Blount line on nfl network. I cant copy and paste links on iPhone yet. Look it up.

"six people tryin to hit that blunt!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_KFnsVL8Y

lmfao hilarious bro

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM

I find Deion to be like Collinsworth regarding the Giants....when they make a big play, it's not because they did sometime well, but because the opposing team made a big blunder. They rarely give the Giants credit for being good...

Hmmm....I am pretty sure that Colinsworth sounded like he is in love with Eli during the cowboys game. I just watched it last night. Id take colinsworth over buck anyday.

But hey its your opinion...

To credit the cowboys (sorry) rob ryan did call alot of good plays to stop the giants (CB blitz on bradshaw) and they absolutely blew it...

Cruz's wheel route, both db's BLEW coverage, bad angles...Unfortunately for them Cruz is not the person you want to do that with...but I mean I listen to deion ALOT on NFLN and he always gives Eli his due.

yoeddy
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM

Hmmm....I am pretty sure that Colinsworth sounded like he is in love with Eli during the cowboys game. I just watched it last night. Id take colinsworth over buck anyday.

But hey its your opinion...

To credit the cowboys (sorry) rob ryan did call alot of good plays to stop the giants (CB blitz on bradshaw) and they absolutely blew it...

Cruz's wheel route, both db's BLEW coverage, bad angles...Unfortunately for them Cruz is not the person you want to do that with...but I mean I listen to deion ALOT on NFLN and he always gives Eli his due.

As I said in another thread, I agree that in the most recent Cowboys game Collinsworth was surprisingly complimentary of the Giants. Prior to that game, he has been as I described above...