PDA

View Full Version : Eli not confident in Manningham?

TroyArcher
01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday. I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year. It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now. Was Barden hurt? I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday.* I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year.* It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now.* Was Barden hurt?* I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.Barden was a healthy inactive because he sux

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Barden was a healthy scratch. He was terrible vs the Jets, on Twitter Barden said it was his worst game ever.

I'm sure Eli has more confidence in Nicks & Cruz, but he was looking for MM on what ended up being the deep ball to Cruz. As Eli said, the rush didn't allow him to throw MM's way though, luckily for us Cruz did his thing.

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Barden was a healthy scratch for the game, inactive. Not a good sign. Manningham is gone after this season. Nicks and Cruz need to get paid. Ham has run bad routes and dropped quite a bit again this season. He is dangerous in open space, but the problem is getting him the ball.

mattpl908
01-03-2012, 11:37 AM
what has manningham shown to eli for him to have that confidence in him?

BigBlue1971
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday. I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year. It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now. Was Barden hurt? I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.</P>

</P>

i think its a combination of things with Rio! hes often injured therefore doesnt get the necessary time with Eli.</P>

he may not be as committed to being on the same page with Eli.</P>

it is good to have someone with his talent as a #3 but he is falling fast!</P>

i dont expect the Giants to offer a ton of money to him during the off season.</P>

Mod_C
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
When you have Nicks, Cruz and a healthy Ballard, you can get a lot done. I have to say Hynoski and Pascoe stepped up as well on Sunday night.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Teams want quickness, explosive playmakers at WR now. The tall slow no separation guys are a relic.

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 11:43 AM
I'd rather have D Thomas on the field than Barden. Maybe even Manningham.

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 11:44 AM
When you have Nicks, Cruz and a healthy Ballard, you can get a lot done.* I have to say Hynoski and Pascoe stepped up as well on Sunday night.

Hynoski asctually gets positive yardage on the Hedge**** play (so much so that they ran it more then once in a game for the first time ever).

Pascoe has always played well for us ... I could see him stealing the job from Ballard.

C1010
01-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Only thing I didn't like from MM in Sunday's game was the fact that he didn't even move when Eli decided to scramble, he just stood there. Despite that I think Eli is simply throwing to Nicks and Cruz because they have been making a lot of plays.

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I'd rather have D Thomas on the field than Barden.* Maybe even Manningham.

I'm not a Thomas fan, but Barden is awful and Manningham is mediocre at best.

I'd love to see them re-sign Smith to take that third receiver spot (or if not him, a real burner).

G-Stan
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Smitty come back next year.

yatitle
01-03-2012, 11:48 AM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday. I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year. It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now. Was Barden hurt? I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.</p>

</p>

i think its a combination of things with Rio! hes often injured therefore doesnt get the necessary time with Eli.</p>

he may not be as committed to being on the same page with Eli.</p>

it is good to have someone with his talent as a #3 but he is falling fast!</p>

i dont expect the Giants to offer a ton of money to him during the off season.</p>

Totally agree. Sunday night it appeared to me that MM could not get in and out of his routes and that his knee was clearly affecting his play.

jhamburg
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Teams want quickness, explosive playmakers at WR now. The tall slow no separation guys are a relic.

When were slow guys who get no separation a hot commodity in the NFL?

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
</P>

Although his PF penalty the other night makes you wonder if he has a brain at all . . . . .</P>

ShockeyShow
01-03-2012, 11:52 AM

Brandon Marshall? Maybe the one exception

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-03-2012, 11:54 AM
When you have Nicks, Cruz and a healthy Ballard, you can get a lot done.* I have to say Hynoski and Pascoe stepped up as well on Sunday night.

Hynoski asctually gets positive yardage on the Hedge**** play (so much so that they ran it more then once in a game for the first time ever).

Pascoe has always played well for us ... I could see him stealing the job from Ballard.
How in the world could you see him stealing the Job from ballard?? Please, tell me? How many yards/td does he have this year? What has he done to steal the job from Jake ballard? I mean the guy came through, but you are crazy to think he is going to take away the TE spot from ballard

buddy33
01-03-2012, 11:57 AM
If they have to draw the play with the little rubber pellets from the turf to make Manningham know the play they should because he is a dynamic WR and demands attention when on the field. As far as drops tell me a Giants WR that has not dropped the ball this year.

Joe Morrison
01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Giant Fans have lost confidence in this post!

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 12:04 PM

How in the world could you see him stealing the Job from ballard?? Please, tell me? How many yards/td does he have this year? What has he done to steal the job from Jake ballard? I mean the guy came through, but you are crazy to think he is going to take away the TE spot from ballard

He doesn't drop the ball every other pass that's thrown to him.

Ballard was a nice surprise at the beginning of the season when no one was covering him. Once team's started including him in their defensive game plans, his play fell WAYYYY off.

Don't get me wrong ... Pascoe is never going to be confused with Jimmy Graham but the guy has been Mr. Consistancy for us (at multiple positions I might add).

Kruunch
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM

You think BM is slow?!

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 12:08 PM
</p>

Although his PF penalty the other night makes you wonder if he has a brain at all . . . . .</p>

He has good hands, the penalty was dumb, but won't be repeated.

blueomaha
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
i just think it's Cruz ability to get open and in close coverage Cruz attacks the ball...it just seems MM is not as aggressive...also i think Eli likes to throw the deep ball....

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-03-2012, 12:31 PM

He doesn't drop the ball every other pass that's thrown to him.

Ballard was a nice surprise at the beginning of the season when no one was covering him. Once team's started including him in their defensive game plans, his play fell WAYYYY off.

Don't get me wrong ... Pascoe is never going to be confused with Jimmy Graham but the guy has been Mr. Consistancy for us (at multiple positions I might add).

Ballard has FIVE total drops this whole season. Started 13 games. He has 38 total receptions. Saying he drops every other ball is not only ridiculous, but absolutely false. Last game he was in was against the cowboys, he was one of the deciding factors that kept us in the game.

How do you label Pascoe Mr. consistancy, there is a reason he isnt the starting TE, we have Hynoski at FB now, so if he is so consistent and good why isnt he starting right now?

TroyArcher
01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
what has manningham shown to eli for him to have that confidence in him?</P>

</P>

Not much although he is quick and can be a weapon if they double Cruz and Nicks. </P>

ny06
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
If you were a QB would you be confident with a guy who constantly runs the wrong routes?</P>

</P>

TroyArcher
01-03-2012, 01:08 PM
If you were a QB would you be confident with a guy who constantly runs the wrong routes?</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Nope</P>

miked1958
01-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I know MM has had some problems running the wrong routes and has alot of drops, but the same can be said about Cruz and Nicks and even Ballard dropping passes at key moments. So i dont think that him only getting 2balls thrown his way sunday night is because Eli has lost confidence in him.</P>

I think it has more to do with MM being out for those few games and not practicing as much. I think if he gets a Full week of good Practice in this week you will see him targeted more vs Falcons.</P>

Also as i have said in other posts and a poster in this thread mentioned already. With the emergence of Cruz making all these gamechanging plays and being so HOT right now, that can only help all the rest of the guys in our WR and TE Corps. You will see more double teams on Cruz (you saw him go up twice in double coverage Sunday night and still come away with the ball) which will open it up for everyone else including MM.</P>

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday.* I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year.* It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now.* Was Barden hurt?* I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.Barden was a healthy inactive because he suxWhat? How can you say he sucks?! The kid makes plays when we give him the chance he just doesn't get a chance!!!!

/sarcasm

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday.* I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year.* It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now.* Was Barden hurt?* I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.

Another ridiculous thread. MM is dinged up and hadn't been practicing regularly. If he had many open opportunities on Sunday night, he'd have gotten the ball.

Barden didn't play because MM is better than Barden right now and Mario played.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM

When were slow guys who get no separation a hot commodity in the NFL?

dave56dj
01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Manningham has above avg skill set for sure - he is lacking when it comes to reading defenses (7 on the wonderlic gave us a good early indication) but he can still be a big time playmaker. The reason he hasnt seen the ball, as much, is the emergence of cruz AS WELL as not seeing the practice field due to a knee inury. You cant have as many plays in games, as a third wideout, if you arent on the practice field. Hopefully he is this week cause we can always use an extra threat.

As for Bear taking over for Jake - thats just silly. Bear does not have the ability to get in the seams and run anything but a route in the flat. He hasn't been a wonder at blocking either. He is nice backup and has done everything we have asked but they don't put plays in for Bear they do for Jake and Ballard had 38 catches in 14 games and 600+ yards better stats then any of our TE's in almost 6 years. Ballard is gonna be a nice player.

mcillo
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday.* I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year.* It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now.* Was Barden hurt?* I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.Barden was a healthy inactive because he suxWhat? How can you say he sucks?! The kid makes plays when we give him the chance he just doesn't get a chance!!!!

/sarcasm Tough group this MB Not too long ago they wanted Cruz gone when he dropped his first pass vs. Redskins early in the season.

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
don't blame Eli, MM stops his routes all the fing time...no balls to go across the middle...no heart

jomo
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Manningham will have his openings big time in the playoffs based on Nicks excellence and Cruz' emergence. They will draw the best defenders. That said, MM still struggles with running a proper route. That, by its nature moves him down the pecking order. Still, he has explosive skills and is going to find alot of single coverage in the playoffs which means he could be really important to us.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM

/sarcasm Tough group this MB Not too long ago they wanted Cruz gone when he dropped his first pass vs. Redskins early in the season.Yeah, Cruz emerged in his third game this season. Barden is in his 3rd year.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM

/sarcasm Tough group this MB Not too long ago they wanted Cruz gone when he dropped his first pass vs. Redskins early in the season.Yeah, Cruz emerged in his third game this season. Barden is in his 3rd year.Barden is also more physically gifted and we spent a pick on him. Not really any excuses for him.

ShockeyShow
01-03-2012, 11:33 PM

You think BM is slow?!

No, I just think he lacks the getaway speed of a Calvin Johnson, Andre, or even Vernon Davis.

He's explosive as hell though, especially in short yardage, and that's what makes him dangerous

BeatYale
01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't blame Eli. Some of those miscues resulted in ints.