PDA

View Full Version : Collin Cowheard (AKA Cowdung) is a complete COWARD- dissed us this morning- laughed

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 12:36 PM
he laughed at the Giants saying "we are a highlight reel with no substance who cannot stop the run" then laughed his rear end off.......needless to say the Falcons are going to destroy us according to Cowdung

He said nothing about his nauseating "ALL IN" in Cowboys campaign that he has tortured us with all year

MikeIsaGiant
01-03-2012, 12:41 PM
He's a ******bag, I'm sure he knows it.

ShockeyShow
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Cowherd can make some good points occasionally, but he gets paid to make off-the wall and out-of-left-field assumptions and predictions. He's just stirring the pot to ensure his job remains intact

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Cowherd can make some good points occasionally, but he gets paid to make off-the wall and out-of-left-field assumptions and predictions. He's just stirring the pot to ensure his job remains intact

I don't believe that.....I think swings both ways and he's Jerry Jones lover LOL

miked1958
01-03-2012, 12:51 PM
to bad. he can join all the rest of the haters

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 12:55 PM

Don't be surprised if we annihilate the Patriots again in the SB this year, there is a mass suicide in Bristol CT LOL...........they have to be chewing on their desks up there right now

Wait till Sunday afternnon around 5PM...........their channels will fade to black

scf424
01-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Why do you all get worked up by guys like Skip Bayless and Cowherd? Whenever they say something negative, they're idiots (they are).

Whenever they say something positive, you like them.

They get paid to say stuff like this. The team will do the talking Sunday afternoon. If they have guts, they'll beat the Falcons. If they don't, then they won't.

SIMMS5611
01-03-2012, 01:07 PM
The Giants could be playing my daughters 4th grade class, and some jokers would still pick the NYG's to glose, just to be outrageous, i.e. Craig Carton....</P>

Don't care. It's a new season, and the Giants, 9-7 record and all, EARNED their way in.</P>

There are many teams some punditsconsider more talented than the Giants,that cannot say that.</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 01:16 PM

Don't be surprised if we annihilate the Patriots again in the SB this year, there is a mass suicide in Bristol CT LOL...........they have to be chewing on their desks up there right now

Wait till Sunday afternnon around 5PM...........their channels will fade to black
</P>

calm down Jakk.....</P>

lets have them beat Atlanta first and go from there. </P>

BParcells777
01-03-2012, 01:36 PM
the guy mocks us on national radio and TV almost daily and you dont care?

He is a MORON

ShockeyShow
01-04-2012, 12:38 AM
the guy mocks us on national radio and TV almost daily and you dont care?

He is a MORON

Precisely.

jhamburg
01-04-2012, 01:06 AM
That's the best part about being in the sports media, you can hold everyone accountable for their words except for yourself.

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 01:16 AM
i love the herd. i listen to his show whenever i get the chance. he's been giving the giants credit all year. one of the few consistent supporters really. although he did pick the cowboys to win the division. maybe his bitterness is what ultimately led him to roll with the falcons this week. anyway...

i didn't catch his show today, but i did listen to it yesterday. he said that the giants falcons game was the only one he couldn't pick. he thinks it could go either way, and it depends on which giants team shows up, but he decided to side with the falcons.

he has a lot of respect for coughlin, eli and the giants organization, and he expresses it quite often. knowing that, i find it hard to believe he was mocking the giants today. if anything, he was probably just trying to make points to back up the prediction that he ultimately made, and pointing out our bottom ranked rush defense is a pretty easy tactic. simple as that. no need to cry about it. we all know the defense is back, and that's all that matters.

either way, these shows are a lot more enjoyable to listen to if you don't take what the 'talking heads' are saying so personally.

G-Men Surg.
01-04-2012, 01:27 AM
he laughed at the Giants saying "we are a highlight reel with no substance who cannot stop the run"* then laughed his rear end off.......needless to say the Falcons are going to destroy us according to Cowdung

He said nothing about his nauseating "ALL IN" in Cowboys campaign that he has tortured us with all year

He's sorry @&& can't stand the idea of Big Blue slapping the Cowturds butt last sunday night . He has always been too stubborn to recognize when he's wrong, plus as we all know he is a cowpie lover. Pathetic !

sharick88
01-04-2012, 02:01 AM
It's funny how everyone in here pats him on his back when he says good things about us. My opinion of the guy is that he's a turncoat ***** no matter what he says about us.

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Great... this actually ensures a Giant win. All we need is Marc Meluses to pick against the Giants and it's in the bag.

Giant in Dallas
01-04-2012, 03:16 AM
Not Giants related, but Colin Cowherd getting owned by David Stern in an interview (by Cowherd)

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/24935/q-a-david-stern-and-colin-cowherd-on-the-nixed-chris-paul-deal

Colin Cowherd: How rough has it been personally, the last 2-3 weeks with the Chris Paul stuff?

David Stern: I call it interesting. But, there has been something of a storm. Iím happy to talk about it or answer any questions you have.

CC: How much did that Chris Paul-Lakers situation hurt the brand?

DS: I think that come Christmas Day when the five games tip off, the brand such as it is will be very much alive and well. Not a problem. But Iím sorry, I didnít listen to your show so I donít know what the basis of your view is, but I think that what happened there is that people thought that I was somehow stepping in as commissioner and undoing something under the broad powers of the game and that couldnít have been further from the truth.

What I was doing Ö Picture this team being owned by the NBA. You could have had a vote by the board of governors, whether the trade should be approved or not. Maybe it would be 15-14 and have each governor vote on perhaps whether they wanted Chris to go into their division or their conference or do something that was extraneous to the one issue which was: Whatís best for New Orleans? Actually, thatís an area about the voting, is exactly the reason why it was decided by the various committees on the board that ultimately the league office would make the final decision on whatís good for the New Orleans Hornets, and thatís what we did.

CC: But, but as Phil Jackson predicted, it was a messy situation. Ideally, you donít want to own a team. Assuming a Dwight Howard trade meets all salary cap parameters, how possible is it that you would step in on a Dwight Howard trade?

DS: Youíre not listening to me. We donít own Orlando. That was the problem with the media coverage. I was not acting in my role as commissioner to approve or disapprove every trade. I was acting on behalf of New Orleans and the people who are day-to-day in New Orleans know that the league office signs off on all trades and we received the parameters of that trade on Thursday afternoon at 5:30.

I know it because I had just finished a board meeting and was heading down to the media and we said, "No, weíre not ready to make that trade." Not to approve it. We werenít ready to make it. I want you to focus on it, Colin, because the example you just used, of course thereís no conflict. I wouldnít step in and deal with a Dwight Howard trade between two teams. I didnít have to step in here. In New Orleans the normal process is for the league office to approve it and when it was presented for approval the league office said, "No."

CC: But a source with direct knowledge of the process, this is not me, told the Houston Chronicle, ďItís an outright lie.Ē Somebody said that today Ö

Right. It wasnít today, they said it a few days back and the difference between sources, who have the ability to maintain their anonymity, and the league office is we speak the truth on the record. I sort of expect some day everybody else will do that too, but even there, what the source said was that the source was told that the league office had signed off. I can assure you, and I reiterate it today, that the first time the league office knew the parameters of the suggested trade was when we said no. So, I donít know what else to tell you other than the truth, Colin.

(Note: A source told ESPNLA.com that when Stern told reporters on a conference call that Hornets general manager Dell Demps never believed the trade to be finalized, Stern was telling "a flat-out lie.")

CC: But clearly, I think we would both acknowledge, you donít want to own teams. Itís not comfortable.

DS: By the way, I agree. I donít think the NHL wanted to own the Coyotes or the Stars. Major League Baseball didnít want to own the Expos. But what we did in a very extraordinary circumstance for the first time in our history was step in and save the team in New Orleans and generally run it. Decisions were made in a normal course, subject to league approval, and usually got league approval. So, it was relatively unremarkable until this trade and those same sources, I canít speak to what was said by the New Orleans representatives. But thereís no team in this league that can make the trades of the magnitude of the one that weíre talking about that donít need owner approval.

CC: People are bothered, and maybe the visceral reaction is based on the polarizing nature of Dan Gilbert, but people in Los Angeles of which I have a large affiliate, are bothered by the appearance that Dan Gilbert and often hypocritical small-market owners, had influence over you. I think thatís the sense.

DS: I rely upon people like you to separate fact from fiction.

CC: So youíre saying Gilbert had no impact.

DS: Iím saying that I first learned about Gilbertís email to me the following morning and he didnít send it until late at night and I made the decision at 6 oíclock. Itís a wonderful storm and itís great to say it, but, it had no influence. What possible Ö It just couldnít have and I wouldnít have and I would not. I think Mark Cuban said it well: If I listened to Gilbert or him it would be the first time. I mean, this is, my job was as set forth by Gilbert and other owners, was to make the decision in the best interest of the Hornets. Period.

CC: Now, a source tells me there are 4-5 candidates to buy New Orleans. Now, demographically Ö

DS: By the way, a source?

CC: Somebody that I trust.

DS: I announced that at a press conference.

CC: OK, I told you my source was right.

DS: Here I am, itís wonderful. I hope your listeners are listening to this. ďA source.Ē I said that. There are four or five. Weíre talking to a variety of people. We are hopefully making a transaction in the new year, because the transaction canít be finalized until the legislature meets and they donít meet until the beginning of March.

CC: Why keep them in New Orleans when Seattle and Orange County demographically, and potentially Kansas City, are better spots?

DS: Why donít you go tell the people of New Orleans that. Thatís a new one. So every time we have a team in a city, we should begin looking for some place else?

CC: Well, itís not viable. How viable is it?

DS: Well, you know, do you want to be confused with facts? They have 10,000 season tickets which place them above many other teams that you would talk about. Their sponsor commitments are higher. Their cable arrangements are higher than most. And the state, you know, has made a good arrangement with them that would make it important, because itís important for the state, to demonstrate that Louisiana is a good place to visit as a tourism matter. As a result, under our projections, New Orleans will not need revenue sharing.

CC: So, they will stay in New Orleans?

DS: Itís not fair for people like you to say, "Well, then why donít we just go someplace else?"

CC: But I think we should have contraction. Hey, listen, Iím all for contraction.

DS: Now, I hate in this holiday season to confuse everything with facts, but thatís another issue that has to be negotiated with the players, to some level. So, now, itís about contraction. First it was about moving them to another city and now itís about contraction.

CC: No, thatís just a separate issue that I probably shouldnít have brought in late to the interview that I wish we got rid of like 40 teams in pro sports. Thatís a different issue that I should never have brought in.

DS: I accept your apology, now letís move on and talk about the great competition thatís coming up on Christmas Day.

CC: Itís unbelievable and Iím a huge fan. Now, listen, weíre going late here but I got to say this. You see all the metrics, I donít. How close, when LeBron [James] is humming and in the Eastern Conference finals and in the Finals, how close on your global-metric scale is LeBron to MJ [Michael Jordan] as far as business?

DS: Oh, I donít have that metric. I think LeBron is the leading light of a cast of wonderful All-Stars and great players that have demonstrated their skills in Beijing at the Olympics, are getting ready to represent the country in 2012 in London at the Olympics and really are capturing the imagination of the world. The ratings of last year were great, but it wasnít just about LeBron, although he was probably the leading light and the player who was the most interesting for a number of our fans.

CC: Itís fascinating. Him and [Tim] Tebow, for different reasons, are the most fascinating American athletes in the last 3-4 years. I mean, no question. By the way, youíre going to have a Tebow on your hands. His name is Jimmer [Fredette] and watch that thing explode.

By the way, Iím not trying to be Scrooge here. We have questions, I got to ask them. I got to poke you and I want to hear your response.

DS: By the way, I keep coming back for the punishment.

CC: Punishment? You should be Ö

DS: Itís OK. I love to visit.

CC: People love to come on this show. Itís beloved by the masses.

DS: Iím just trying to add some facts to it.

CC: Well Ö Thereís always Ö

DS: I know itís uncomfortable, but itís my pleasure to do it.

CC: Ö Some David Stern shading on stuff. Iíd like to see the numbers but Iím out of time.

DS: Oh gosh, weíll have to do it again soon. I look forward to it. Happy holidays and happy New Year.

CC: All right, thanks, commish.

Drez
01-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Actually, Cowherd's assessment of this team is pretty dead on. He claims we're the hardest team to figure out in the NFL, which is true. We're a team that goes toe to toe with GB, beats NE, but loses to Washington and Seattle...</P>

He says we're a team that does a lot of the big things right, but not many of the small things... which is also pretty accurate.</P>

He said he isn't too sure who's going to win on Sunday, but picked the Falcons in a close game because they do more of the small things better.</P>

He also ate his crow on the Cowboys.</P>

BParcells777
01-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Where is the reference to a "highlight reel that cannot stop the run"????

I dont think he has even watched any recent Giants games

gumby742
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
For all intensive purposes, we were a crap team this year and really have no business being in the post season. We deserve any speculation we receive.</P>

That being said, gooooooo Giants!</P>

Drez
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM
For all intensive purposes, we were a crap team* this year and really have no business being in the post season.* We deserve any speculation we receive.</P>

That being said, gooooooo Giants!</P>Gumby, not to go all Grammar Police on you, but you strike me as the type of person that would want to be corrected on something like this, but the phrase is, "for all intents and purposes," not, "for intensive purposes."

While I agree that we deserve any scrutiny and criticism we get, I disagree that we don't deserve to be in the postseason. We won the games we needed to win, and that means we earned and deserved it.

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
It's funny how everyone in here pats him on his back when he says good things about us. My opinion of the guy is that he's a turncoat ***** no matter what he says about us.

you're missing the point. no one is patting him on the back for saying good things about us. you either like him or you don't. but what he thinks about the giants should have no bearing on that.

i'm a giants fan first, and a football fan second. i have opinions just like anyone else. personally i think we could wipe the field with atlanta this week. it doesn't mean i have no respect for the falcons, their team or their fans. it just means i like the giants to win the game. who gives a **** if he's a 'turncoat'. actually a more appropriate word in this case would be 'flip-flopper', but either way, aren't they all?

while we're at it though, why don't you give some examples of how cowheard is a turncoat. as a daily listener of his show, he seems to stick to his guns for the most part. he rolled with dallas all the way to the grave last week no matter how bleak it looked for them. maybe you should stick to commenting things that you know about.

Redeyejedi
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM

you're missing the point. no one is patting him on the back for saying good things about us. you either like him or you don't. but what he thinks about the giants should have no bearing on that.

i'm a giants fan first, and a football fan second. i have opinions just like anyone else. personally i think we could wipe the field with atlanta this week. it doesn't mean i have no respect for the falcons, their team or their fans. it just means i like the giants to win the game. who gives a **** if he's a 'turncoat'. actually a more appropriate word in this case would be 'flip-flopper', but either way, aren't they all?

while we're at it though, why don't you give some examples of how cowheard is a turncoat. as a daily listener of his show, he seems to stick to his guns for the most part. he rolled with dallas all the way to the grave last week no matter how bleak it looked for them. maybe you should stick to commenting things that you know about.
I hate Cowherd the guy is so fake.ESPN analysts are seriously the worst.From the incredibly lame and safe MIke and Mike to loud mouths that dont even believe what there saying like Cowherd

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM

I hate Cowherd the guy is so fake.ESPN analysts are seriously the worst.From the incredibly lame and safe MIke and Mike to loud mouths that dont even believe what there saying like Cowherd

the herd is not an espn analyst. he is a sportswriter who got a radio gig on espn radio which is now broadcast live on espn news. but again, you're welcome to not like him or listen to him. i fail to see your point though. what is this in response to?

Morehead State
01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
It's funny how everyone in here pats him on his back when he says good things about us. My opinion of the guy is that he's a turncoat ***** no matter what he says about us. you're missing the point. no one is patting him on the back for saying good things about us. you either like him or you don't. but what he thinks about the giants should have no bearing on that. i'm a giants fan first, and a football fan second. i have opinions just like anyone else. personally i think we could wipe the field with atlanta this week. it doesn't mean i have no respect for the falcons, their team or their fans. it just means i like the giants to win the game. who gives a **** if he's a 'turncoat'. actually a more appropriate word in this case would be 'flip-flopper', but either way, aren't they all? while we're at it though, why don't you give some examples of how cowheard is a turncoat. as a daily listener of his show, he seems to stick to his guns for the most part. he rolled with dallas all the way to the grave last week no matter how bleak it looked for them. maybe you should stick to commenting things that you know about. I hate Cowherd the guy is so fake.ESPN analysts are seriously the worst.From the incredibly lame and safe MIke and Mike to loud mouths that dont even believe what there saying like Cowherd the herd is not an espn analyst. he is a sportswriter who got a radio gig on espn radio which is now broadcast live on espn news. but again, you're welcome to not like him or listen to him. i fail to see your point though. what is this in response to?</P>

I happen to like Cowherd a lot. He says interesting things and thats what he's paid to do.</P>

I guess if he said he loved us and thought we were the best team in football all you guys would magically love the guy.</P>

GameTime
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
It's funny how everyone in here pats him on his back when he says good things about us. My opinion of the guy is that he's a turncoat ***** no matter what he says about us. you're missing the point. no one is patting him on the back for saying good things about us. you either like him or you don't. but what he thinks about the giants should have no bearing on that. i'm a giants fan first, and a football fan second. i have opinions just like anyone else. personally i think we could wipe the field with atlanta this week. it doesn't mean i have no respect for the falcons, their team or their fans. it just means i like the giants to win the game. who gives a **** if he's a 'turncoat'. actually a more appropriate word in this case would be 'flip-flopper', but either way, aren't they all? while we're at it though, why don't you give some examples of how cowheard is a turncoat. as a daily listener of his show, he seems to stick to his guns for the most part. he rolled with dallas all the way to the grave last week no matter how bleak it looked for them. maybe you should stick to commenting things that you know about. I hate Cowherd the guy is so fake.ESPN analysts are seriously the worst.From the incredibly lame and safe MIke and Mike to loud mouths that dont even believe what there saying like Cowherd the herd is not an espn analyst. he is a sportswriter who got a radio gig on espn radio which is now broadcast live on espn news. but again, you're welcome to not like him or listen to him. i fail to see your point though. what is this in response to?</P>

I happen to like Cowherd a lot. He says interesting things and thats what he's paid to do.</P>

I guess if he said he loved us and thought we were the best team in football all you guys would magically love the guy.</P>

</P>

If I dont like an analyst I dont like him even if he says good things about the Giants. Cowherd can be annoying at times. I also think he is a knee jerk reactionary type of guy. But thats his shctick I guess. he makes big deals out of small things often. Michael Kay does the same thing on ESPN. He does it with every sport he covers. Blows things up and beats them till there dead his whole show and multiple shows if he thinks its neccessary. </P>

StraightXrs
01-04-2012, 01:14 PM
This assesment is dead on. Anyone hating on colin doesnt watch the show enough. He gives the giants PLENTY of praise. However I would say his M.O. is to be different. He is high on the giants when everyone else is down and vice versa.

Morehead State
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM

</P>

If I dont like an analyst I dont like him even if he says good things about the Giants. Cowherd can be annoying at times. I also think he is a knee jerk reactionary type of guy. But thats his shctick I guess. he makes big deals out of small things often. Michael Kay does the same thing on ESPN. He does it with every sport he covers. Blows things up and beats them till there dead his whole show and multiple shows if he thinks its neccessary. </P>

</P>

He's not an analyst. He's a sports talk show host. There really is a huge difference. He gets into the human instinct stuff that I really like. Of course he also says stupid things as well. You may find this shocking, but I may have said a few stupid things in my life as well.</P>

Like "I do" to my first wife.</P>

sharick88
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
The worst sports talk radio personality ever has to be Jason Smith. He kills Eli just about everything time even going as low as calling him Sheli to a national audience

GameTime
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM

</P>

</P>

He's not an analyst. He's a sports talk show host. There really is a huge difference. He gets into the human instinct stuff that I really like. Of course he also says stupid things as well. You may find this shocking, but I may have said a few stupid things in my life as well.</P>

Like "I do" to my first wife.</P>

</P>

analyst .....talk show host....yada yada yada. I guess I use those term interchangebly and shouldnt.</P>

So he analyzes the human side and not the X's and O's......</P>

I to have a bad habit of saying stupid things.........."I do" seems to ring a bell with me as well. lol</P>

nygsb42champs
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't even bother wasteing my time listening to him.

Morehead State
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't even bother wasteing my time listening to him.</P>

I don't listen to him to get information. I listen because he's entertaining.</P>

Morehead has small needs.</P>

sharick88
01-04-2012, 03:02 PM
you want another annoying sports talk show host? come to the LA area and listen to former blind date host Roger Lodge

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 06:10 PM

I don't listen to him to get information.* I listen because he's entertaining.</P>

yeah seriously. this guy is great. i can't believe he has so many haters on this board. and does anyone really listen to these people for information? pretty sure most sports fans already have strong opinions of their own.

anyway, he's the best in the business at what he does in my opinion. lighten up people. this IS entertainment.

BParcells777
01-04-2012, 11:17 PM
How is he entertaining??.........I have taken to shutting him off after his first few lame brain comments....

His Cowboys "all in" campaign has left him the dumbest of the dumb

He's even dumber than Michael Kay who just sits their drooling after his Jets were exposed

jomo
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I don't know this guy. Are you sure you don't mean Cowturd?

tripleaamin9
01-04-2012, 11:56 PM
he said Peyton Manning going to the jets would be an awful move for the Jets lol.
I respect Skip Bayless more.

Morehead State
01-05-2012, 10:32 AM
How is he entertaining??.........I have taken to shutting him off after his first few lame brain comments....

His Cowboys "all in" campaign has left him the dumbest of the dumb

He's even dumber than Michael Kay who just sits their drooling after his Jets were exposed
</P>

I don't know of any pro-Cowboy stance he takes. Maybe you're thinking of Skip Bayless.</P>

Redeyejedi
01-05-2012, 10:38 AM

I don't listen to him to get information.* I listen because he's entertaining.</P>

yeah seriously. this guy is great. i can't believe he has so many haters on this board. and does anyone really listen to these people for information? pretty sure most sports fans already have strong opinions of their own.

anyway, he's the best in the business at what he does in my opinion. lighten up people. this IS entertainment.I really hate the sound of his voice it pierces through me. Anything he says just pisses me off because i cant stand the sound of him. So I have a hard time even hearing the content