PDA

View Full Version : FOX SPORTS - FALCONS-GIANTS MATCHUP; TEAMS STRONG UP FRONT

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
FALCONS-GIANTS MATCHUP; TEAMS STRONG UP FRONT (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/FALCONSGIANTS-MATCHUPTeams-strong-up-front-28003897)

"With a chance to advance to the NFC divisional round of the playoffs, the <em class="3">Falcons (../nfl/team/atlanta-falcons/67038)[/i] (10-6) face
the Giants (../nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056) (9-7) in the wild-card
round at 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.<div class="fs-page-article-article-container"><div class="fs-article">

Here is a look at how the <em class="4">Falcons'[/i] offensive line matches up
against the Giants' defensive line:</p>

<em class="5">Falcons'[/i] starters: Left tackle Will Svitek, left guard Justin Blalock (../nfl/player/justin-blalock/469583), center Todd McClure (../nfl/player/todd-mcclure/69092), right guard Joe Hawley (../nfl/player/joe-hawley/766645) and right tackle Tyson Clabo (../nfl/player/tyson-clabo/285957).</p>

<em class="6">Falcons'[/i] key reserves: Tackles Sam Baker and Kirk Chambers (../nfl/player/kirk-chambers/200497), guard Garrett Reynolds (../nfl/player/garrett-reynolds/637909) and center Brett
Romberg.</p>

Giants' starters: Left end <a href="../nfl/player/justin-tuck/299997">Justin
Tuck</a>, defensive tackles Linval Joseph and Chris Canty (../nfl/player/chris-canty/300297), and right end Jason Pierre-Paul (../nfl/player/jason-pierre-paul/766431).</p>

Giants' key reserves: Ends <a href="../nfl/player/osi-umenyiora/140319">Osi
Umenyiora</a>, Justin Trattou (../nfl/player/justin-trattou/1294769)
and Dave Tollefson (../nfl/player/dave-tollefson/401375), and tackles
Rocky Bernard (../nfl/player/rocky-bernard/102534) and Jimmy Kennedy (../nfl/player/jimmy-kennedy/140425).</p>

Matchups to watch: Svitek vs. Pierre-Paul</p>

The <em class="7">Falcons[/i] will face one of the best young pass rushers in
the league in Pierre-Paul, a second-year defensive end who had a breakthrough
season with 16.5 sacks.</p>

Pierre-Paul leads a unit that registered 48 sacks, which was tied for third
in the league. Umenyiora had nine sacks, Tuck five, Tollefson five and Canty
four.</p>

Pierre-Paul's emergence has been important because Tuck, a two-time Pro
Bowler, has been slowed this season by neck and groin injuries, and Umenyiora
has missed seven games because of knee and ankle injuries.</p>

The unit had six sacks and forced a fumble in its 31-14 victory over Dallas
to clinch the NFC East title Sunday. It had five sacks in the previous week's
game against the Jets.</p>

The Giants received a boost by the return of Umenyiora against the Cowboys (../nfl/team/dallas-cowboys/67043); he'd missed the previous four
games with an ankle injury.</p>

The Giants sacked Dallas quarterback Tony Romo (../nfl/player/tony-romo/142729) with a four-man rush and
didn't have to manufacture pressure with their blitz packages.</p>

In passing situations, Tuck will play some tackle in order to get three
defensive ends rushing. Also, the versatile Pierre-Paul played some linebacker
against Dallas.</p>

The <em class="8">Falcons[/i] had trouble early in the season with athletic
pass rushers before they settled on a unit.</p>

The <em class="9">Falcons[/i] allowed 26 sacks during the regular season,
which was the sixth lowest in the league. Cincinnati (25), Oakland (25), New
Orleans (24), Tennessee (24) and Buffalo (23) allowed fewer.</p>

Matchup advantage: Giants."</p></div></div>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
FALCONS-GIANTS MATCHUP; TEAMS STRONG UP FRONT (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/FALCONSGIANTS-MATCHUPTeams-strong-up-front-28003897)

"With a chance to advance to the NFC divisional round of the playoffs, the <EM class=3>Falcons (../nfl/team/atlanta-falcons/67038)[/i] (10-6) face the Giants (../nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056) (9-7) in the wild-card round at 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
<DIV class=fs-page-article-article-container>
<DIV class=fs-article>

Here is a look at how the <EM class=4>Falcons'[/i] offensive line matches up against the Giants' defensive line:</P>

<EM class=5>Falcons'[/i] starters: Left tackle Will Svitek, left guard Justin Blalock (../nfl/player/justin-blalock/469583), center Todd McClure (../nfl/player/todd-mcclure/69092), right guard Joe Hawley (../nfl/player/joe-hawley/766645) and right tackle Tyson Clabo (../nfl/player/tyson-clabo/285957).</P>

<EM class=6>Falcons'[/i] key reserves: Tackles Sam Baker and Kirk Chambers (../nfl/player/kirk-chambers/200497), guard Garrett Reynolds (../nfl/player/garrett-reynolds/637909) and center Brett Romberg.</P>

Giants' starters: Left end Justin Tuck (../nfl/player/justin-tuck/299997), defensive tackles Linval Joseph and Chris Canty (../nfl/player/chris-canty/300297), and right end Jason Pierre-Paul (../nfl/player/jason-pierre-paul/766431).</P>

Giants' key reserves: Ends Osi Umenyiora (../nfl/player/osi-umenyiora/140319), Justin Trattou (../nfl/player/justin-trattou/1294769) and Dave Tollefson (../nfl/player/dave-tollefson/401375), and tackles Rocky Bernard (../nfl/player/rocky-bernard/102534) and Jimmy Kennedy (../nfl/player/jimmy-kennedy/140425).</P>

Matchups to watch: Svitek vs. Pierre-Paul</P>

The <EM class=7>Falcons[/i] will face one of the best young pass rushers in the league in Pierre-Paul, a second-year defensive end who had a breakthrough season with 16.5 sacks.</P>

Pierre-Paul leads a unit that registered 48 sacks, which was tied for third in the league. Umenyiora had nine sacks, Tuck five, Tollefson five and Canty four.</P>

Pierre-Paul's emergence has been important because Tuck, a two-time Pro Bowler, has been slowed this season by neck and groin injuries, and Umenyiora has missed seven games because of knee and ankle injuries.</P>

The unit had six sacks and forced a fumble in its 31-14 victory over Dallas to clinch the NFC East title Sunday. It had five sacks in the previous week's game against the Jets.</P>

The Giants received a boost by the return of Umenyiora against the Cowboys (../nfl/team/dallas-cowboys/67043); he'd missed the previous four games with an ankle injury.</P>

The Giants sacked Dallas quarterback Tony Romo (../nfl/player/tony-romo/142729) with a four-man rush and didn't have to manufacture pressure with their blitz packages.</P>

In passing situations, Tuck will play some tackle in order to get three defensive ends rushing. Also, the versatile Pierre-Paul played some linebacker against Dallas.</P>

The <EM class=8>Falcons[/i] had trouble early in the season with athletic pass rushers before they settled on a unit.</P>

The <EM class=9>Falcons[/i] allowed 26 sacks during the regular season, which was the sixth lowest in the league. Cincinnati (25), Oakland (25), New Orleans (24), Tennessee (24) and Buffalo (23) allowed fewer.</P>

Matchup advantage: Giants."</P></DIV></DIV>

</P>

putting Ryan on his back will be key as well as stopping or slowing down Turner....</P>

</P>

scf424
01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Get a lead early, make them throw, and let the dogs loose.

Should be the motto for every game. We have the d-line to ravage anyone, except for New Orleans, honestly.

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 01:49 PM

"With a chance to advance to the NFC divisional round of the playoffs, the <em class="3">Falcons (../nfl/team/atlanta-falcons/67038)[/i] (10-6) face the Giants (../nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056) (9-7) in the wild-card round at 1 p.m. Sunday at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
<div class="fs-page-article-article-container">
<div class="fs-article">

Here is a look at how the <em class="4">Falcons'[/i] offensive line matches up against the Giants' defensive line:</p>

<em class="5">Falcons'[/i] starters: Left tackle Will Svitek, left guard Justin Blalock (../nfl/player/justin-blalock/469583), center Todd McClure (../nfl/player/todd-mcclure/69092), right guard Joe Hawley (../nfl/player/joe-hawley/766645) and right tackle Tyson Clabo (../nfl/player/tyson-clabo/285957).</p>

<em class="6">Falcons'[/i] key reserves: Tackles Sam Baker and Kirk Chambers (../nfl/player/kirk-chambers/200497), guard Garrett Reynolds (../nfl/player/garrett-reynolds/637909) and center Brett Romberg.</p>

Giants' starters: Left end Justin Tuck (../nfl/player/justin-tuck/299997), defensive tackles Linval Joseph and Chris Canty (../nfl/player/chris-canty/300297), and right end Jason Pierre-Paul (../nfl/player/jason-pierre-paul/766431).</p>

Giants' key reserves: Ends Osi Umenyiora (../nfl/player/osi-umenyiora/140319), Justin Trattou (../nfl/player/justin-trattou/1294769) and Dave Tollefson (../nfl/player/dave-tollefson/401375), and tackles Rocky Bernard (../nfl/player/rocky-bernard/102534) and Jimmy Kennedy (../nfl/player/jimmy-kennedy/140425).</p>

Matchups to watch: Svitek vs. Pierre-Paul</p>

The <em class="7">Falcons[/i] will face one of the best young pass rushers in the league in Pierre-Paul, a second-year defensive end who had a breakthrough season with 16.5 sacks.</p>

Pierre-Paul leads a unit that registered 48 sacks, which was tied for third in the league. Umenyiora had nine sacks, Tuck five, Tollefson five and Canty four.</p>

Pierre-Paul's emergence has been important because Tuck, a two-time Pro Bowler, has been slowed this season by neck and groin injuries, and Umenyiora has missed seven games because of knee and ankle injuries.</p>

The unit had six sacks and forced a fumble in its 31-14 victory over Dallas to clinch the NFC East title Sunday. It had five sacks in the previous week's game against the Jets.</p>

The Giants received a boost by the return of Umenyiora against the Cowboys (../nfl/team/dallas-cowboys/67043); he'd missed the previous four games with an ankle injury.</p>

The Giants sacked Dallas quarterback Tony Romo (../nfl/player/tony-romo/142729) with a four-man rush and didn't have to manufacture pressure with their blitz packages.</p>

In passing situations, Tuck will play some tackle in order to get three defensive ends rushing. Also, the versatile Pierre-Paul played some linebacker against Dallas.</p>

The <em class="8">Falcons[/i] had trouble early in the season with athletic pass rushers before they settled on a unit.</p>

The <em class="9">Falcons[/i] allowed 26 sacks during the regular season, which was the sixth lowest in the league. Cincinnati (25), Oakland (25), New Orleans (24), Tennessee (24) and Buffalo (23) allowed fewer.</p>

Matchup advantage: Giants."</p></div></div>

</p>

putting Ryan on his back will be key as well as stopping or slowing down Turner....</p>

</p>

We've been pretty successful in run defense no? We will get to Ryan I think.