PDA

View Full Version : Antrel making headlines again...in a good way

GreenZone
01-03-2012, 12:26 PM
On Benigno and Roberts, he's talked about being a man and admitting his mistake last year about not being all in with Coach Coughlin and what the team was trying to do like he is now.

I've always liked this guy's honesty. No one else knows all he's been through in life, but he is determined to speak his mind as best he can and to learn from the times he puts his foot in mouth.

The net result is seeing a guy who is maturing into a good football player and perhaps more important, a good teammate.

There's much to be said for this "all in" attitude. The closeness that these players have now, specifically because of having gone through some tough times together this year and survived it, is something to behold.

In a strange way, adversity has become a friend for having come through it and grown from it. Many posters here have been brutally nasty and would, if they had the power, have blown up this team many times this year.

It's a great life lesson that so many posters here may never get. The Antrel of last season could have jumped ship this year, but he didn't, The result is substantial growth and a boon for the Giants as a team.

These are the kind of lessons that I enjoy learning from professional team sports, and most particularly am thankful to have become a lifelong fan of a values based organization.

I'd encourage you to listen to the interview from WFAN podcast page from today if you didn't hear it.

trueblueinVa
01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
intially i didn't like the kid specifically how he opened his mouth and spilled to the media every time he had a bone to pick. however, ive grown to like the him cause he "walks his own talk" im sure he's been knicked up (who hasn't on this team Gee) but never has he sat out or not practiced. He's become a leader of this team. unlike Tuck who it seems never wanted or fit that role Antrel on the other hand demands that leadership position and the team has responded. ALL IN.

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
intially i didn't like the kid specifically how he opened his mouth and spilled to the media every time he had a bone to pick. however, ive grown to like the him cause he "walks his own talk" im sure he's been knicked up (who hasn't on this team Gee) but never has he sat out or not practiced. He's become a leader of this team. unlike Tuck who it seems never wanted or fit that role Antrel on the other hand demands that leadership position and the team has responded. ALL IN.+1 well said. PS Tuck is playing like a man possessed right now, he too is ALL IN.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
i've seen alot of growth from rolle, especially over the past month or so. good to see him buying in .

ALL IN!

PrideofNY
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
These guys say they're professional and all that, but they really aren't.

Cruz on the nfl network the other day said that the reason the Giants had disappointing losses were because they expected teams to lay down for them. Seriously? Come on guys, this is your career.

trueblueinVa
01-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I think Cruz was telling the truth I dont know what was up with the psychi of this team but for a while there it did seem as if they were bugging out. I'm glad they woke the hell up.

trueblueinVa
01-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Yes he his the whole team seems to be fired-up.. i hope that come sunday the team hits hard, is aggressive and blows up Atlanta's O.L. those guys are dirty and seek to intimidate I say punch them in the mouth first!

byron
01-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Well I've been hard on TC more than just a few times over the past couple years ..Because for one,I didn't think these players were buying in ...The way they have been playing of late and talk like this comingfrom playersand showing up on the fieldhas softened my thinking...All Iwant for the most part is to see that heart and fight week to week "which is something I put on the coaches" you have to have theseguys believing with therehearts and soulsif they work hardthey can beat anybodyand goout there and fight to the bitter end ...TC gets that done and it seems he hasat this point..I'll eat my crow and say no more...So here's to the Giants kicking Atlanta's assthe hell outof NY next weekend !!</P>

GiantWarfare
01-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Rolle has been growing on me.

Maybe its because he finally made a memorable play in the Dallas game, maybe its because he's made strides in terms of buying into the Giants way and making amends w/ Coughlin, maybe its because when he actually backs up his quick-trigger talk, he's quite good.

Looking forward to him stepping up his game (everyone as a matter of fact) in the playoffs.

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Rolle played amazing last weekend, I give him credit.

Step up this weekend Rolle, we need you out there!