PDA

View Full Version : Eli and Sanchez comparison

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB. One that has lost confidence. I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.

It's just goes to show how important team chemistry or unity is.

All in.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Santonio is a thug. I hear Plax was a great teammate though.

The idea that Plax is an issue with that teams chemistry is just asinine, not that I think you are implying that. Sanchez just flat out sucked this year.

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB.* One that has lost confidence.* I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.*

All in.

And how mentally tough Eli was, and still persevered through all that. Not sure Toomer was an issue, except when they initially got Plax, since he was not happy (understandably), becoming a number 2 wr, but he never took it out on the team or Eli as far as i can remember.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 04:10 PM

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB.* One that has lost confidence.* I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.*

All in.

agree. i was thinking that holmes teaming up with plex would really mess with that teams psyche.
and then u got rex saying "for whatever reason, we didnt play as a team but as individuals." and I couldnt help but think that with Plex getting out of jail and all this talk about if he could or couldnt play at a high level that his number one goal was to have a great individual year, and then a good year as a team.
and when players start thinking in that order, u have a recipe for the disaster that was the ny jets.

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 04:11 PM

The idea that Plax is an issue with that teams chemistry is just asinine, not that I think you are implying that. Sanchez just flat out sucked this year.

i summed it up watching Holmes on the bench after he got benched and plax was sitting next to him and seemed to be telling him that he couldn't be doing **** like that.

I turned and said that you know your teams in trouble when Plax is the cooler head in the situation

GameTime
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB. One that has lost confidence. I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.

All in.

</P>

yeah Sanchez is taking the heat but he really wants to be better and he seems like a true team guy. Holmes is a **** and wouldnt have been a positve force at the meeting nayway I bet. </P>

Eli did go through his stuff with the Gianst but he stayed the course and kept his focus. </P>

Its been good to see on the side lines the offenseive players congratualting the defensive players and vice versa. Even saw Nick giving props to Martin after his huge STs hit. I'm sure that goes on more than we see as fans but they very rarely show it on TV....</P>

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:12 PM

I think Plax was a good soldier.

I think the point was that Plax was playing for a new contract so Mark felt pressure to get him the ball.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM

All in.

And how mentally tough Eli was, and still persevered through all that. Not sure Toomer was an issue, except when they initially got Plax, since he was not happy (understandably), becoming a number 2 wr, but he never took it out on the team or Eli as far as i can remember.

I don't think Amani did anything either. I just think his veteran presence could put pressure on a young kid.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:17 PM

All in.

agree. i was thinking that holmes teaming up with plex would really mess with that teams psyche.
and then u got rex saying "for whatever reason, we didnt play as a team but as individuals." and I couldnt help but think that with Plex getting out of jail and all this talk about if he could or couldnt play at a high level that his number one goal was to have a great individual year, and then a good year as a team.
and when players start thinking in that order, u have a recipe for the disaster that was the ny jets.

I never heard that about Plax. Obviously a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:17 PM

i summed it up watching Holmes on the bench after he got benched and plax was sitting next to him and seemed to be telling him that he couldn't be doing **** like that.

I turned and said that you know your teams in trouble when Plax is the cooler head in the situation

lol. That is messed up.

mattpl908
01-03-2012, 04:18 PM
the comparison of the two qbs is that one is good and the other one is not...at all...hes actual horrible

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM

All in.

</p>

yeah Sanchez is taking the heat but he really wants to be better and he seems like a true team guy. Holmes is a **** and wouldnt have been a positve force at the meeting nayway I bet. </p>

Eli did go through his stuff with the Gianst but he stayed the course and kept his focus. </p>

Its been good to see on the side lines the offenseive players congratualting the defensive players and vice versa. Even saw Nick giving props to Martin after his huge STs hit. I'm sure that goes on more than we see as fans but they very rarely show it on TV....</p>

Well now that you mention that, I did read a Dallas fan complaining about how the Cowboys were dead on the sideline, while we were all pumped up doing the things you're talking about.

It may sound silly, but those towels seemed to make a difference.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM
the comparison of the two qbs is that one is good and the other one is not...at all...hes actual horrible

He hasn't been this bad. He regressed and the question is how much did his teammates have to do with it?

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 04:23 PM

lol. That is messed up.

I mean i was kidding but I wasn't

when Plax is calming somebody down whose acting irrational that should of set bells and whistles off in Santonio's head

mattpl908
01-03-2012, 04:23 PM
he cant take the pressure...i dont think he belongs in the ny market playing football

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM

He hasn't been this bad. He regressed and the question is how much did his teammates have to do with it?

honestly, i've seen him miss some pretty brutal balls this year

And I'll never admit this to a Jets fan, but i think he gets a pass this year. The oline got him killed, Holmes was a malcontent, Keller is overrated, and Ryan let this team just go ape ****.

Also Schotty is brutal....

GameTime
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM

All in.

</P>

yeah Sanchez is taking the heat but he really wants to be better and he seems like a true team guy. Holmes is a **** and wouldnt have been a positve force at the meeting nayway I bet. </P>

Eli did go through his stuff with the Gianst but he stayed the course and kept his focus. </P>

Its been good to see on the side lines the offenseive players congratualting the defensive players and vice versa. Even saw Nick giving props to Martin after his huge STs hit. I'm sure that goes on more than we see as fans but they very rarely show it on TV....</P>

Well now that you mention that, I did read a Dallas fan complaining about how the Cowboys were dead on the sideline, while we were all pumped up doing the things you're talking about.

It may sound silly, but those towels seemed to make a difference.
</P>

not silly at all. I commented in YA's thread about the towels about how much difference a piece of cloth can make in the right situation..</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 04:25 PM
he cant take the pressure...i dont think he belongs in the ny market playing football

god u guys are going to make me start sticking up for Sanchez and then im gonna be in a ****ty mood for the rest of the day

i have to leave this thread

Jet-Blue
01-03-2012, 04:26 PM

You can't even put those 2 in the same sentence. Eli right now is 10x's better, Mark has some real timing issues, Most of his throws are behind the receivers. The only thing he does well is take a hit.

Just think if the Jets had an "Eli LIke" QB.

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 04:27 PM

He hasn't been this bad.* He regressed and the question is how much did his teammates have to do with it?
There should have never been any comparisons between Eli and Mark. That was a joke and for anyone who tried to do it as writers or fans showed how idiotic they were.

With that said, I still think Mark needs another year for two. 3 to 5 years is the normal tell. That is if he has shown improvement gradually and continually.

Ruttiger711
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Starting with the Canty safety, Sanchez has now thrown 3 balls into his offensive line when under pressure - a terrible new habit.

He's rattled and doesnt even want to attempt hanging out in the pocket...for the play to develop... in the Sights and Sounds video from the Jets game you can see Tuck telling the rest of the line that he wants to just get rid of the ball (at least what I could get from his gesture).

qndarius3
01-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Guys, cant we just all jump off this Santonio bandwagon already?

The guy had 650 yards this year. Jake Ballard nearly had that much...

No doubt he has had some clutch catches, but I think I'd rather have both of our receivers over him long term.

As for sanchez, he has definately had to shoulder the pressure of 2 straight AFC title games. Their team overachieved based on their stellar defensive play. Truth is, they have no running game like us, and Sanchez is obviously not the player Eli is, so they came back to earth. Lets leave it alone.

G-Man67
01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
well he and Shockey def. had issues, i have gone on record saying that we would not have won the Super Bowl if Shockey did not get injured and i'm not a Shockey hater, but Shockey's 'tude did not mesh well with Eli's more laid back, lead by example attitude

Shockey getting hurt, opened the door for Steve Smith to become the possession receiver and he was much more effective on 3rd down than Shockey had been that year ... so we gained a very good possession WR and Eli no longer had all that chatter up in his grill

and same with Tiki the prior year, i won't go as far as to say we couldnt have won the SB with Tiki b/c he was still a great RB and again I love Tiki, but Tiki was the leader of the O and he really didn't seem to take Eli that seriously ... mocking his name, undermining Eli's place in the team leadership structure

as far a Sanchez, he played poorly this year, but Holmes needs to go, they need to cut their losses with that head case ... Sanchez has Keller as his security blanket, but he may need to find his own Steve Smith type .... Burress was Eli's security blanket, but you need that other guy

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 05:26 PM
well he and Shockey def. had issues, i have gone on record saying that we would not have won the Super Bowl if Shockey did not get injured and i'm not a Shockey hater, but Shockey's 'tude did not mesh well with Eli's more laid back, lead by example attitude

Shockey getting hurt, opened the door for Steve Smith to become the possession receiver and he was much more effective on 3rd down than Shockey had been that year ... so we gained a very good possession WR and Eli no longer had all that chatter up in his grill</p>

and same with Tiki the prior year, i won't go as far as to say we couldnt have won the SB with Tiki b/c he was still a great RB and again I love Tiki, but Tiki was the leader of the O and he really didn't seem to take Eli that seriously ... mocking his name, undermining Eli's place in the team leadership structure</p>

as far a Sanchez, he played poorly this year, but Holmes needs to go, they need to cut their losses with that head case ... Sanchez has Keller as his security blanket, but he may need to find his own Steve Smith type .... Burress was Eli's security blanket, but you need that other guy</p>

</p>

speaking of Shockey</p>

</p>

he got boo'd in NO this past week and then got hurt after catching the ball</p>

</p>

some things never change
</p>

</p>

Did he have some type of comments there?
</p>

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 05:53 PM

Shockey getting hurt, opened the door for Steve Smith to become the possession receiver and he was much more effective on 3rd down than Shockey had been that year ... so we gained a very good possession WR and Eli no longer had all that chatter up in his grill</p>

and same with Tiki the prior year, i won't go as far as to say we couldnt have won the SB with Tiki b/c he was still a great RB and again I love Tiki, but Tiki was the leader of the O and he really didn't seem to take Eli that seriously ... mocking his name, undermining Eli's place in the team leadership structure</p>

as far a Sanchez, he played poorly this year, but Holmes needs to go, they need to cut their losses with that head case ... Sanchez has Keller as his security blanket, but he may need to find his own Steve Smith type .... Burress was Eli's security blanket, but you need that other guy</p>

</p>

speaking of Shockey</p>

</p>

</p>

some things never change
</p>

</p>

</p>

I didn't realize he was still in the league.

Of course statistically that's true for the past 5 years....

Drez
01-03-2012, 06:09 PM

And I'll never admit this to a Jets fan, but i think he gets a pass this year. The oline got him killed, Holmes was a malcontent, Keller is overrated, and Ryan let this team just go ape ****.

</P>

Shotty might be brutal, but it doesn't help when your QB can't push the ball downfield and is poor throwing outside the numbers. It kind of limits what you can do offensively.</P>

The jury is still out on Sanchez, but it's not looking so good right now. Even when Eli was struggling earlier, you could still tell that he was capable of making all the throws and it was just a matter of putting it all together. Right now, I'm not convinced that Sanchez can make all the throws.</P>

Refuse2Fail
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM

Agreed; Sanchez is a bum. They'd have gotten more wins out of Brunell.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 06:20 PM

Sounds like something I've said over the last couple years about our guy. [;)]

BigBlue1971
01-03-2012, 06:20 PM

</P>

</P>

the "teammates" is a huge deal for a young qb trying to be in a leadership role. Holmes doesnt appear to be someone to buy in to the system, prolly becuz hes the "offensive captain". yea hes offensive alright!</P>

even if Sanchez gets thru thisi still dont see him becoming the qb Eli is. Eli is in full control of his offense and i just dont see Sanchez attaining that status!</P>

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM

</p>

speaking of Shockey</p>

</p>

</p>

some things never change
</p>

</p>

</p>

I think he acted up when he played the Saints this year as surprising as it sounds.

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM
There is no comparison between Eli and Sanchez...(maybe in a Toyota commercial...)

Sanchez, 3 INTs in that crucial playoff-riding Dolphins game for the Jets, things haven't changed with him.

I don't think Eli had that kinda issue like the Jets have to that degree. Amani Toomer has been a Giants player pretty much all his career and I don't think he ever caused any major trouble for the team at all.

I think Burress was fine being a Giants as well until he shot himself in the leg....

Ok Shockey caused problems but the Giants eventually traded him. The only thing is...when Shockey was on the field, he played and played well. He made people remeber Mark Bavaro with his offense, did good with blocking, etc... It's just that his off-field distractions and mocking Coughlin weren't appropriate.

I'm sure None of the above have ever quit on the Giants in a game like Holmes did to Jets late in the December.

Gianthunter
01-03-2012, 06:48 PM

All in.

Not even going to read the rest of the thread. Seriously putting Toomer in there. Rosie?

Redeyejedi
01-03-2012, 06:54 PM

He hasn't been this bad.* He regressed and the question is how much did his teammates have to do with it?

</P>

Shotty might be brutal, but it doesn't help when your QB can't push the ball downfield and is poor throwing outside the numbers. It kind of limits what you can do offensively.</P>

The jury is still out on Sanchez, but it's not looking so good right now. Even when Eli was struggling earlier, you could still tell that he was capable of making all the throws and it was just a matter of putting it all together. Right now, I'm not convinced that Sanchez can make all the throws.</P>Jet fans are upset because they dont go down the field.The problem is there receivers cant get down the field and Sanchez has a very weak arm

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
The Jets in the previous recent years had a top-rated defense, which they took to the AFC championship games with.
All the offense had to do, for the most part, was to keep plays simple (didn't have to score much) and not turn the ball over to win games. Unfortunately, Sanchez apparently still can't get the no turnover part....

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 06:59 PM
The Jets in the previous recent years had a top-rated defense, which they took to the AFC championship games with.
All the offense had to do, for the most part, was to keep plays simple (didn't have to score much) and not turn the ball over to win games. Unfortunately, Sanchez apparently still can't get the no turnover part....

chasjay
01-03-2012, 07:03 PM

I don't think Sanchez is a bad QB - I think through all this personality crap the Eli and Sanchez have had to deal with, one big difference is the coaching staff and management that Eli had to fall back on compared to that of Sanchez - and I think that deep down, Eli is probably more self-sufficient than Sanchez as well - by that I mean that Eli is quietly ****y and can make do with his own approval, whether he has it from some others or not

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 07:15 PM

All in.

Not even going to read the rest of the thread. Seriously putting Toomer in there. Rosie?

You're going to have to go back and read where I addressed that in more detail. Enjoy!

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM

I don't think Sanchez is a bad QB - I think through all this personality crap the Eli and Sanchez have had to deal with, one big difference is the coaching staff and management that Eli had to fall back on compared to that of Sanchez - and I think that deep down, Eli is probably more self-sufficient than Sanchez as well - by that I mean that Eli is quietly ****y and can make do with his own approval, whether he has it from some others or not

I thought that Sanchez was going to be pretty good because he was a fighter and did show signs coming back to pull games out very similar to Eli.

But I agree with you, I believe Eli has a much better support system. Only a moron would make Holmes a captain.

Joe Morrison
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
What comparison?

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
There is no comparison between Eli and Sanchez...(maybe in a Toyota commercial...)

Sanchez, 3 INTs in that crucial playoff-riding Dolphins game for the Jets, things haven't changed with him.

I don't think Eli had that kinda issue like the Jets have to that degree. Amani Toomer has been a Giants player pretty much all his career and I don't think he ever caused any major trouble for the team at all.

I think Burress was fine being a Giants as well until he shot himself in the leg....

Ok Shockey caused problems but the Giants eventually traded him. The only thing is...when Shockey was on the field, he played and played well. He made people remeber Mark Bavaro with his offense, did good with blocking, etc... It's just that his off-field distractions and mocking Coughlin weren't appropriate.

I'm sure None of the above have ever quit on the Giants in a game like Holmes did to Jets late in the December.

Look up over rated in the dictionary, there's a picture of Shockey.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Look up over rated in the dictionary, there's a picture of Shockey.

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:43 PM
There is no comparison between Eli and Sanchez...(maybe in a Toyota commercial...) Sanchez, 3 INTs in that crucial playoff-riding Dolphins game for the Jets, things haven't changed with him. I don't think Eli had that kinda issue like the Jets have to that degree. Amani Toomer has been a Giants player pretty much all his career and I don't think he ever caused any major trouble for the team at all. I think Burress was fine being a Giants as well until he shot himself in the leg.... Ok Shockey caused problems but the Giants eventually traded him. The only thing is...when Shockey was on the field, he played and played well. He made people remeber Mark Bavaro with his offense, did good with blocking, etc... It's just that his off-field distractions and mocking Coughlin weren't appropriate. I'm sure None of the above have ever quit on the Giants in a game like Holmes did to Jets late in the December. Look up over rated in the dictionary, there's a picture of Shockey......just for the record. Plax was a huge distraction when he grew unhappy with his contract. He moped around and feigned injuries throughout training camp. He also showed up Eli on the field by waving his arms wildly after the play when he felt he was open. Don't worry, I forget alot too, expecially the bad stuff like that.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM

</P>

The jury is still out on Sanchez, but it's not looking so good right now. Even when Eli was struggling earlier, you could still tell that he was capable of making all the throws and it was just a matter of putting it all together. Right now, I'm not convinced that Sanchez can make all the throws.</P>

Jet fans are upset because they dont go down the field.The problem is there receivers cant get down the field and Sanchez has a very weak arm</P>

True. I forgot to add that they don't have a vertical threat, ieither. But, then again, even if they did, it isn't like Sanchez could hit him 40-50 yards down field.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM

I thought that Sanchez was going to be pretty good because he was a fighter and did show signs coming back to pull games out very similar to Eli.

But I agree with you, I believe Eli has a much better support system. Only a moron would make Holmes a captain.
</P>

Speaking of which... What moron coach appoints captains as opposed to letting the players vote on them?</P>

yatitle
01-03-2012, 09:50 PM

Plax was supposedly fined 40+ times for infractions as a Giant so to say he was a great teammate is a stretch. I would think prison must have changed his personality. But if you are the Jets, you get what you deesrved for having your 2 WRs be guys the Steelers did not want on their team.

Slunk3AM
01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
There is one significant difference to the development of Eli and Sanchez.

Their offensive lines.

Eli's offensive line was great up until around last year - giving him ample time to develop and mature as a QB.

This is Sanchez's third year - a crucial year - and, to be honest, his offensive line this year had one of the worst seasons for an offensive line. He's been meeting pressure all year getting hit - that does not do anything good for a QB's confidence in himself, his o-line, and eventually things fall through.

Everything begins with the offensive line.

FOR THE RECORD - I also feel that Eli was a better QB from the start... but Sanchez does need some protection around him in order to develop into his best form.

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Totally disagree about Sanchez having a worse offensive line. Dude has 2 probowlers and one of the best O-Lines in the game IMO.

Nick Mangold may be the best center in the game.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
If we switch Qb's Im certain Sanchez could help the giants win 7 games.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
so to say he was a great teammate is a stretch.*
Dustin Keller:
"Plax is a great teammate," said Dustin Keller. "Actually when he came to our team, I couldn't believe how good of a guy he was, how good of a teammate. He has a wealth of knowledge, and he just shares that with everybody. His whole thing, it's not about him, it's not about him getting stats."

Steelers beat writer:
According to Cook, “it makes perfect sense” for the Steelers to give Plax another shot because he was “a great teammate” during his time in Pittsburgh and gave quarterback Ben Roethlisberger a big receiver with playmaking ability.

Eli Manning:
“I heard about Plaxico and just, again, our concern this whole time has been about him and his family. He’s a friend of mine, a great teammate, won a championship with him. I’m saddened by the news, two years, and I just wish the best for him and his family and we’ll try to support him anyway we can.

Mike Tannenbaum:
“He’s really an interesting guy and he was a really good teammate. Free agency is a couple of months away, and we’ll look at everything,” Tannenbaum said via the New York Daily News.

Slunk3AM
01-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Totally disagree about Sanchez having a worse offensive line. Dude has 2 probowlers and one of the best O-Lines in the game IMO.

Have you seen the way Sanchez has been getting pressured all year?

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
There is no comparison between Eli and Sanchez...(maybe in a Toyota commercial...) Sanchez, 3 INTs in that crucial playoff-riding Dolphins game for the Jets, things haven't changed with him. I don't think Eli had that kinda issue like the Jets have to that degree. Amani Toomer has been a Giants player pretty much all his career and I don't think he ever caused any major trouble for the team at all. I think Burress was fine being a Giants as well until he shot himself in the leg.... Ok Shockey caused problems but the Giants eventually traded him. The only thing is...when Shockey was on the field, he played and played well. He made people remeber Mark Bavaro with his offense, did good with blocking, etc... It's just that his off-field distractions and mocking Coughlin weren't appropriate. I'm sure None of the above have ever quit on the Giants in a game like Holmes did to Jets late in the December. Look up over rated in the dictionary, there's a picture of Shockey......just for the record. Plax was a huge distraction when he grew unhappy with his contract. He moped around and feigned injuries throughout training camp. He also showed up Eli on the field by waving his arms wildly after the play when he felt he was open. Don't worry, I forget alot too, expecially the bad stuff like that.</P>

Fair, jomo.

Although I will say this: I was happy when we drafted Shockey. I was thrilled the first year after seeing him barrel over defenders as memories of Bavaro played in my head.

Then I started to notice that he would make some seemingly amazing catches but when you really needed him to catch that 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8...no dice.

By 4 years in my feelings about him changed. By the time the '07 season rolled around I was thrilled he was off the field.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Sanchez would visit Plaxico in prison and Eli would not.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 10:41 PM

There you have it, folks. Drive home safely!

Slunk3AM
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM

Sorry Jets fan, we're in and you're not. Remember that the next time your fat coach makes you believe in a Jets Super Bowl. LOL.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM

Tuffy, you smell like Harooni. lol.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM

Tuffy, you smell like Harooni.* lol.

thank you

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 10:59 PM

HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing.

And to your original post, I agree. I definitely agree.

Do you remember in Eli's first couple years how many times Plax or Shockey would turn around and throw their arms in the air like little girls crying over what happened? Just go back to the huddle and run your next route.

It didnt take Plax long to stop calling Eli out, he quickly realized he was playing with a very talented QB. Shockey never realized. What has happened to good old Shock since he left us here? He has been picked up and dropped everywhere he goes.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 11:01 PM

Do you remember in Eli's first couple years how many times Plax or Shockey would turn around and throw their arms in the air like little girls crying over what happened? Just go back to the huddle and run your next route.

It didnt take Plax long to stop calling Eli out, he quickly realized he was playing with a very talented QB. Shockey never realized. What has happened to good old Shock since he left us here? He has been picked up and dropped everywhere he goes.
didn't he grab a TD pass in a superbowl and win another ring?

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 11:06 PM

He did.

Had a HUGE game as I recall.

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 11:08 PM

He did.

3 catches for 13 yards. HUGE GAME!

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 11:09 PM

He did.

6 receivers had a better game for the Saints. Shockey just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 11:10 PM

HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing. And to your original post, I agree. I definitely agree. Do you remember in Eli's first couple years how many times Plax or Shockey would turn around and throw their arms in the air like little girls crying over what happened? Just go back to the huddle and run your next route. It didnt take Plax long to stop calling Eli out, he quickly realized he was playing with a very talented QB. Shockey never realized. What has happened to good old Shock since he left us here? He has been picked up and dropped everywhere he goes. didn't he grab a TD pass in a superbowl and win another ring? He did. Had a HUGE game as I recall.</P>

Shockey had a 3 catches for 13 yards and 1 TD in the SB vs the Colts...</P>

Huge??</P>

jomo
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM
There is no comparison between Eli and Sanchez...(maybe in a Toyota commercial...) Sanchez, 3 INTs in that crucial playoff-riding Dolphins game for the Jets, things haven't changed with him. I don't think Eli had that kinda issue like the Jets have to that degree. Amani Toomer has been a Giants player pretty much all his career and I don't think he ever caused any major trouble for the team at all. I think Burress was fine being a Giants as well until he shot himself in the leg.... Ok Shockey caused problems but the Giants eventually traded him. The only thing is...when Shockey was on the field, he played and played well. He made people remeber Mark Bavaro with his offense, did good with blocking, etc... It's just that his off-field distractions and mocking Coughlin weren't appropriate. I'm sure None of the above have ever quit on the Giants in a game like Holmes did to Jets late in the December. Look up over rated in the dictionary, there's a picture of Shockey......just for the record. Plax was a huge distraction when he grew unhappy with his contract. He moped around and feigned injuries throughout training camp. He also showed up Eli on the field by waving his arms wildly after the play when he felt he was open. Don't worry, I forget alot too, expecially the bad stuff like that.</P> Fair, jomo. Although I will say this: I was happy when we drafted Shockey. I was thrilled the first year after seeing him barrel over defenders as memories of Bavaro played in my head. Then I started to notice that he would make some seemingly amazing catches but when you really needed him to catch that 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8...no dice. By 4 years in my feelings about him changed. By the time the '07 season rolled around I was thrilled he was off the field.No doubt Sarcasman, Shockey was my greatest disappointment ever. After watching him during that magical rookie season I expected him to redefine the position.Not working in the offseason with Eli hurt him but he nexer seemed to develop soft hands. He would always snatch at the ball rather than just receiving it. It looked to me as though he chugged 6 Red Bulls before the game and he was too jittery to just let the game come to him. He was a real let down for sure.

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 11:11 PM

He did.

6 receivers had a better game for the Saints. Shockey just got lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

NTM....

483 yards and 0 TD's that season.... Impressive.....

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 11:16 PM

It certainly makes me think differently about young QB's and what I've thought about Eli early on.

Surrounding a kid with veteran talent is not necessarily the answer. You have to try to surround them with the "right" talent as he grows into the position.

Drez
01-03-2012, 11:23 PM

HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing. And to your original post, I agree. I definitely agree. Do you remember in Eli's first couple years how many times Plax or Shockey would turn around and throw their arms in the air like little girls crying over what happened? Just go back to the huddle and run your next route. It didnt take Plax long to stop calling Eli out, he quickly realized he was playing with a very talented QB. Shockey never realized. What has happened to good old Shock since he left us here? He has been picked up and dropped everywhere he goes. didn't he grab a TD pass in a superbowl and win another ring? He did. Had a HUGE game as I recall.</P>

Huge??</P>

</P>

Does Sarcasman really need to use red, GT?</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 11:34 PM

Huge??</P>

</P>

Does Sarcasman really need to use red, GT?</P>

</P>

apparently I am a simple man......[;)]</P>

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 11:51 PM

He did.

Yup. That's exactly what I recall.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 11:51 PM

Huge??</P>

I was being facetious.

Thanks for the backup Drez..

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 11:53 PM
There is no comparison between Eli and Sanchez...(maybe in a Toyota commercial...) Sanchez, 3 INTs in that crucial playoff-riding Dolphins game for the Jets, things haven't changed with him. I don't think Eli had that kinda issue like the Jets have to that degree. Amani Toomer has been a Giants player pretty much all his career and I don't think he ever caused any major trouble for the team at all. I think Burress was fine being a Giants as well until he shot himself in the leg.... Ok Shockey caused problems but the Giants eventually traded him. The only thing is...when Shockey was on the field, he played and played well. He made people remeber Mark Bavaro with his offense, did good with blocking, etc... It's just that his off-field distractions and mocking Coughlin weren't appropriate. I'm sure None of the above have ever quit on the Giants in a game like Holmes did to Jets late in the December. Look up over rated in the dictionary, there's a picture of Shockey......just for the record. Plax was a huge distraction when he grew unhappy with his contract. He moped around and feigned injuries throughout training camp. He also showed up Eli on the field by waving his arms wildly after the play when he felt he was open. Don't worry, I forget alot too, expecially the bad stuff like that.</P> Fair, jomo. Although I will say this: I was happy when we drafted Shockey. I was thrilled the first year after seeing him barrel over defenders as memories of Bavaro played in my head. Then I started to notice that he would make some seemingly amazing catches but when you really needed him to catch that 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8...no dice. By 4 years in my feelings about him changed. By the time the '07 season rolled around I was thrilled he was off the field.No doubt Sarcasman, Shockey was my greatest disappointment ever. After watching him during that magical rookie season I expected him to redefine the position.*Not working in the offseason with Eli hurt him but he nexer seemed to develop soft hands. He would always snatch at the ball rather than just receiving it. It looked to me as though he chugged 6 Red Bulls before the game and he was too jittery to just let the game come to him. He was a real let down for sure.

6 red bulls....that's funny. And a pretty damn good description.

Drez
01-04-2012, 12:05 AM

Fair, jomo. Although I will say this: I was happy when we drafted Shockey. I was thrilled the first year after seeing him barrel over defenders as memories of Bavaro played in my head. Then I started to notice that he would make some seemingly amazing catches but when you really needed him to catch that 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8...no dice. By 4 years in my feelings about him changed. By the time the '07 season rolled around I was thrilled he was off the field.No doubt Sarcasman, Shockey was my greatest disappointment ever. After watching him during that magical rookie season I expected him to redefine the position.Not working in the offseason with Eli hurt him but he nexer seemed to develop soft hands. He would always snatch at the ball rather than just receiving it. It looked to me as though he chugged 6 Red Bulls before the game and he was too jittery to just let the game come to him. He was a real let down for sure. 6 red bulls....that's funny. And a pretty damn good description.</P>

Don't forget the vodka and E.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-04-2012, 12:11 AM

he was injured alot this year. Jets oline was brutal this year. Big step back this year

I think the only difference between our oline and their was the last 1/4 of the season we played much better than they did

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-04-2012, 12:13 AM

he was injured alot this year. Jets oline was brutal this year.* Big step back this year

I think the only difference between our oline and their was the last 1/4 of the season we played much better than they did

mmb check your inbox, or did you already?

MattMeyerBud
01-04-2012, 12:18 AM
so to say he was a great teammate is a stretch.
Dustin Keller:
"Plax is a great teammate," said Dustin Keller. "Actually when he came to our team, I couldn't believe how good of a guy he was, how good of a teammate. He has a wealth of knowledge, and he just shares that with everybody. His whole thing, it's not about him, it's not about him getting stats."

Steelers beat writer:
According to Cook, “it makes perfect sense” for the Steelers to give Plax another shot because he was “a great teammate” during his time in Pittsburgh and gave quarterback Ben Roethlisberger a big receiver with playmaking ability.

Eli Manning:
“I heard about Plaxico and just, again, our concern this whole time has been about him and his family. He’s a friend of mine, a great teammate, won a championship with him. I’m saddened by the news, two years, and I just wish the best for him and his family and we’ll try to support him anyway we can.

Mike Tannenbaum:
“He’s really an interesting guy and he was a really good teammate. Free agency is a couple of months away, and we’ll look at everything,” Tannenbaum said via the New York Daily News.

kind of bias asking his current general manager and starting tight end

Eli didn't seem to want him back

MattMeyerBud
01-04-2012, 12:23 AM
check ur pm

MattMeyerBud
01-04-2012, 12:30 AM
so to say he was a great teammate is a stretch.
Dustin Keller:

Steelers beat writer:

Eli Manning:

Mike Tannenbaum:

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Sanchez has shown to be pretty clutch at times but man, as an overall passer, he's lacking big-time in the decision-making aspect as well as the passing aspect.

He's not Tebow-bad (that would be an insult to Sanchez) but he's had some "wow" throws this year, and that's the bad wow not the good one.

He also has very poor pocket presence.

Even back when Eli was struggling and lots of ppl were calling for his head. he had flashes where you would go; "this kid is the real deal"...

Eli clearly has the arm, and can make all the throws. Sanchez does not.

As of right now, there is no comparison whatsoever btwn the two, and to do so would be an insult to Eli.

Eli's progressed every year and seems to be peaking now while Sanchez has regressed it seems.

Eli is in total command of his offense, and is responsible for just about everything offensively outside of calling the play itself and even then, he's a master at audibling into the right play/set/formation etc.

I think the jury is still out on Sanchez, he can still develop into a pretty good QB but I think his ceiling is quite low and I dont think he'll ever be anything more than an average QB.

Doesnt help that their OC makes Gilbride look like an offensive mastermind...lol

gmen0820
01-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Dustin Keller:

Steelers beat writer:

Eli Manning:

Mike Tannenbaum:

Maybe so, but it's the only concrete evidence that he is a good teammate.

I think the fines speak more to his character if anything.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Dustin Keller:

Steelers beat writer:

Eli Manning:

Mike Tannenbaum:

req. sent

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-04-2012, 02:46 AM

All in.

Yeah Eli went through the same thing but so did every other QB that turned out to be a bust in the end.

I am not saying this to be malicious towards Jet fans but what exactly have we seen by Sanchez that has been really impressive? I mean the first 2 years they went to the afc championship because of their run game and defense, not Sanchez.

gumby742
01-04-2012, 09:31 AM

All in.

Yeah Eli went through the same thing but so did every other QB that turned out to be a bust in the end. I am not saying this to be malicious towards Jet fans but what exactly have we seen by Sanchez that has been really impressive? I mean the first 2 years they went to the afc championship because of their run game and defense, not Sanchez.</P>

To be fair, you think we went to the playoffs in Eli's first 2 years BECAUSE of Eli?</P>

Comparing Eli and Sanchez in year 3, Eli is definitely better. You at least saw flashes of elite play from time to time. Sanchez can still be a good QB. He's still only in his 3rd year.</P>

Didn't the Jets trade up and give up a good amount to get Sanchez? Jet fans every right to be peeved in that regard.</P>