PDA

View Full Version : Too Confident?

Pa_Gmen
01-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Just looking around these message boards, I feel we all might be a little "TOO" confident. We have been playing much better the last 2 weeks and have great miss matches in areas, but anyone else feeling a little scared about this game?

EJ Blue
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
We didn't go through a season of heart attacks just to be scared of the Falcons. Everyone is happy to be in the postseason and should be fired up. If the Giants play like they did the past two games they should be competitive. If there's anytime to be confident, it's now.

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Tim Lewis is their secondary coach

which pretty much guarantees they wont be pressing much

Im confident that Eli will have a good game

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Tim Lewis use to be with the Giants btw if I remeber...

smashndash715
01-03-2012, 06:17 PM

used to be our d coordinator

used to be our d coordinator

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Just looking around these message boards, I feel we all might be a little "TOO" confident.

Don't worry, no one here is playing [;)]

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 06:23 PM

That in itself could lead to over-confidence.

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 06:25 PM

hence the reason I mentioned it

he was our DC

he is know for refusing to play man coverage

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Believe me, any true Giant fan isn't getting too confident but I have a good feeling considering the defense has not been a door mat the past 2 games.

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 06:33 PM
even if we are too confident, it is irrelevant. We arent going to take the field, what we feel either way means nothing (depressing, I know).

and when I say "we" are too confident, I definitely don't mean me. I'll be a nervous wreck by Saturday. I mean "we" as a fanbase.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 09:30 PM
The players are too, I can see it now Giants come in at home expecting the win given to them ala the skins game.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I can understand the too confident feeling. But at the same time, I thought they were too confident going into the Cowboys game. Never trailed.

I trust Coughlin and the guys that were here in 07 are making sure everyone knows that nothing should be taken for granted.

With that said, I thought we were going to easily beat tampa in 07. I was most scared of Jeff Garcia.

blueomaha
01-03-2012, 09:37 PM
only thing that scares me is the silence from the falcons...it's deafening...all i hear is crickets....

GameTime
01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
The players are too, I can see it now Giants come in at home expecting the win given to them ala the skins game.</P>

nice....</P>

another great fan joins the boards........</P>

Denaliman316
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
only thing that scares me is the silence from the falcons...it's deafening...all i hear is crickets....

Not from their fans on their main board. The main one looks like The Eagles and Jets boards. I mean we're all guilty of being homers to an extent, some more than others but geez. You would think they were ranked number one in everything the way the threads go.

The other one not linked from their site has fans who can actually give the other team credit and actually breakdowns of strengths, weakness and players to spotlight.

horn27
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Not at all, We are playing better now than we have all season. this TEAM is coming together and getting hot at the right time. Other teams better not overlook us.

BigBlueOnes
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Hit their QB so hard he cries for his mother, that'll win it. Oh wait...the league says you can't do that anymore.....dang. I agree, some confidence that I find a bit disturbing, but we some amount of that. But we have our D line back, the secondary has confidence (they'll NEED it) and Eli needs a big game for sure.

DemandedAce
01-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Just looking around these message boards, I feel we all might be a little "TOO" confident.

Don't worry, no one here is playing* [;)]

Is that you again, Eli?

Kingb50
01-03-2012, 10:18 PM
The defense is finally playing like a Giant defense. Yes I feel more confident with them taking the field, hell yeah Im glad Osis back damn skippy Tuck looks like himself, Ohh! and JPP looks like a straight Freak of nature, Rolle is making plays Canty is flexin Kiwi is everywhere. We are playing defense for the first time this year!!! Yes sir Im feeling confident, last time I checked Metlife is a no fly zone, so any bird is gettin shot out the sky just like those crop dusters(Jets) Im all In and ready for a win!! GMen STand Up!!

sc_markt
01-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Just looking around these message boards, I feel we all might be a little "TOO" confident. We have been playing much better the last 2 weeks and have great miss matches in areas, but anyone else feeling a little scared about this game?

I'm cautiously optimistic.

horn27
01-03-2012, 10:26 PM
The defense is finally playing like a Giant defense. Yes I feel more confident with them taking the field, hell yeah Im glad Osis back damn skippy Tuck looks like himself, Ohh! and JPP looks like a straight Freak of nature, Rolle is making plays Canty is flexin Kiwi is everywhere. We are playing defense for the first time this year!!! Yes sir Im feeling confident, last time I checked Metlife is a no fly zone, so any bird is gettin shot out the sky just like those crop dusters(Jets) Im all In and ready for a win!! GMen STand Up!!+1, i think our defense dominate this game

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Powerhouse football baby, stick it where it hurts, LET'S GO GIANTS!!!

We're underdogs, let's make some noise!

ryan12
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
The players are too, I can see it now Giants come in at home expecting the win given to them ala the skins game.</P>

nice....</P>

another great fan joins the boards........</P>

lmfao

SIMMS5611
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Whether or not we, the fans, are too confident, is irrelavent. It's whether or not the actual team is overconfident. I don't get that feeling, but I do see them feeling confident in their ability, no sad sacks, no finger-pointing, etc.</P>

It's funny how the 2 previous games, now that they are won, were against easy teams, yet the morning of those games, the Jets &amp; Cowboys were dangerous teams...</P>

I think those 2 wins helped solidify their team unity, &amp; confidence, and I think they will win this weekend....</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-04-2012, 03:30 PM
The players are also doing too much yapping

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
i dont see it as the players are confident in a "oh we're going to win no problem" way but in a way similar to 07 where it was "we can match up and play with anyone" after the NE regular season game.

that kind of confidence is needed and necessary for any championship team, the realization that if you do your job, you can match up and beat anyone.

this giants team, imo, is the most dangerous team in the playoffs. of all the playoff teams, the giants are the one that got hot and is starting to peak at the end of the season for the post season push.

eli played like he did in the reg. season finale vs NE. that game was so important bc it reassured in his mind that he just has to do his job. when he's throwing ints i feel like he's trying to do too much, trying to make up for the wr making a mistake in his route.

im telling u, if eli can throw for some td's but not throw an int like he did in 07, we're going to the super bowl.

we woulda beat GB if it wasnt for that pick 6 imo. the NO game woulda been so different had that 1rst quarter redzone pick been a td.

protect the ball, tackle, get after the qb. simple yes, but when the team does it they're virtually unbeatable/

Gianthunter
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Elaborate?

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Tim Lewis is their secondary coach which pretty much guarantees they wont be pressing much Im confident that Eli will have a good game Tim Lewis use to be with the Giants btw if I remeber...</P>

Tim Lewis was here until week 16. Then he morphed into a Spags clone.</P>

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Tim Lewis is their secondary coach which pretty much guarantees they wont be pressing much Im confident that Eli will have a good game Tim Lewis use to be with the Giants btw if I remeber...</P>

Tim Lewis was here until week 16. Then he morphed into a Spags clone.</P>

huh? whats that supposed to mean?

oooh i get it, fewell was tim lewis until he finally called a good defensive game

Firenugget
01-04-2012, 07:05 PM

lol how can anyone forget? [:O]

Firenugget
01-04-2012, 07:09 PM

It's not yapping. It's actually very smart. Tuck put it out there early and the refs are going to look like baboons if they let them get away with all the crap they do.

daynemustgo
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM

this is the same team that **** the bed against Seattle, Wash x 2, and Vince Young...definetly a little scared

but

Ny has put back to back quality outings, so there is reason for hope

byron
01-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Just looking around these message boards, I feel we all might be a little "TOO" confident. We have been playing much better the last 2 weeks and have great miss matches in areas, but anyone else feeling a little scared about this game? this is the same team that **** the bed against Seattle, Wash x 2, and Vince Young...definetly a little scared but Ny has put back to back quality outings, <FONT color=#0000ff>so there is reason for hope</FONT>Agree fully ..feels good to for a change! Go Giants!