PDA

View Full Version : DAAAAAAAAMMNNN IIITTT!!!! DAMN IT!!

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>I hope this is the only HORRIBLE news of the week: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Pam Oliver have been assigned the Giants-Falcons game. #giants</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>How do these guys or Collingsworth get every freaking Giants game!! They suck!</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Now I have to listen to the game on mute again...</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Uuuggghhh</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN></P>

barran21
01-03-2012, 05:16 PM
We win the Colinsworth games, but Joe and Troy are cursed...

Gianthunter
01-03-2012, 05:21 PM
<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>I hope this is the only HORRIBLE news of the week: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Pam Oliver have been assigned the Giants-Falcons game. #giants</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>How do these guys or Collingsworth get every freaking Giants game!! They suck!</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Now I have to listen to the game on mute again...</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN></P>U do understand there are different networks.[8-)][*-)]

pino
I'm not a Collingsworth fan, but I think he's doing a good job in his new gig. Just saying.

I have no idea why we keep getting Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Even when the Cowboys are playing on a seperate game, we continue to get Joe and Troy.

VelocityVirus
I dunno what all the fuss is. I hear the same thing all the time about this duo. Buck is a little annoying at times, but I think Aikmen is a fantastic commentator.

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Here is an interesting tid bit too:</P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From Ralph Vacchiano: "Giants are 3rd team to finish last in rushing and reach playoffs since 1990. Previous two ('08 Cards, '09 Colts) reached the Super Bowl"</SPAN></P>

GOBIGBLUE52
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM

Well, Joe and Troy called every playoff game in 2007

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
I dunno what all the fuss is. I hear the same thing all the time about this duo. Buck is a little annoying at times, but I think Aikmen is a fantastic commentator.
</P>

Joe Buck is just a useless bag, Aikman is pretty biased IMO. Collinsworth is just a complete debacle. </P>

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 05:25 PM

</P>

And had the most un enthusiastic calls in the greatest moments of that playoff run. Very dry. </P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 05:25 PM

</P>

easy Bro....not that big of a deal. Hopefully all the Giants' scoring and great defense will distract you from the crew.....</P>

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 05:28 PM

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From Ralph Vacchiano: "Giants are 3rd team to finish last in rushing and reach playoffs since 1990. Previous two ('08 Cards, '09 Colts) reached the Super Bowl"</SPAN></P>

and what happened for both those teams in the post season? their run game got going, and a big part of it was teams studied the reg. season tape and decided they would have to stop the pass as opposed to stopping the run.

which in turn opened up the run game.

it is imperative we get an early lead.

nhpgiantsfan
01-03-2012, 05:28 PM
We are getting them because obviously Fox thinks that our game will get more viewers than the Saints/Lions game. And with the NY market and the fact that it is on Sunday, they are probably right. They are Fox's number 1 team.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 05:30 PM
We win the Colinsworth games,

Hey by any chance did Colinsworth call Victor Cruz, "Vic Cruz"?

BigBlue1971
I'm not a Collingsworth fan, but I think he's doing a good job in his new gig. Just saying. I have no idea why we keep getting Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Even when the Cowboys are playing on a seperate game, we continue to get Joe and Troy.</P>

</P>

personally id much rather have Buck and Aikman. Collinsworth(less) i never wanna hear call one of our games again.</P>

he was down right horrible to the Giants and their fansin the 2nd egirls game!</P>

both Collinsworth and Jaws can kiss my ***!</P>

TuckYou
We are getting them because obviously Fox thinks that our game will get more viewers than the Saints/Lions game. And with the NY market and the fact that it is on Sunday, they are probably right. They are Fox's number 1 team.</P>

Well, I think they are the Number 2 team, pun intended. </P>

GMENAGAIN
01-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I thought that this thread was reporting on some horrible injury news . . . . . so the fact that it just concerns the game announcers is a relief

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm not a Collingsworth fan, but I think he's doing a good job in his new gig. Just saying. I have no idea why we keep getting Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Even when the Cowboys are playing on a seperate game, we continue to get Joe and Troy.</P>

*</P>

personally id much rather have Buck and Aikman.* Collinsworth(less) i never wanna hear call one of our games again.</P>

he was down right horrible to the Giants and their fans*in the 2nd egirls game!</P>

both Collinsworth and Jaws can kiss my ***!*</P>

I've always thought that Collinsworth was a Giant hater...but I watched the Cowboys game on DVR yesterday and actually thought he was pretty reasonable compared to usual....

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM

</P>

personally id much rather have Buck and Aikman. Collinsworth(less) i never wanna hear call one of our games again.</P>

he was down right horrible to the Giants and their fansin the 2nd egirls game!</P>

both Collinsworth and Jaws can kiss my ***!</P>

I've always thought that Collinsworth was a Giant hater...but I watched the Cowboys game on DVR yesterday and actually thought he was pretty reasonable compared to usual....</P>

Did you miss the first game where Romo got one low snap caught it and threw a completion and Collinsworth compared him to Rodgers. Meanwhile Eli was dealing with Boothes balls all over the place throwing darts and TDs and that worthless asshat doesnt mention a word. </P>

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Never understood the hate for Aikman. He's one of the better announcers in the league and certainly does a better job at hiding his bias than Michael Strahan. I get that we love Michael but it seems a bit unfair to call Troy biased.

Drez
01-03-2012, 05:43 PM

</P>

Collinsworth is the NBC SNF commentator, and Buck/Aikman are Fox's number 1 crew.</P>

We get those crews because we are good/draw good ratings.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Never understood the hate for Aikman. He's one of the better announcers in the league and certainly does a better job at hiding his bias than Michael Strahan. I get that we love Michael but it seems a bit unfair to call Troy biased.</P>

There's a difference in expectation of "bias" between a studio personality like Strahan and a play-by-play/color commentator like Aikman.</P>

Overall, I think Aikman at least tries to cover up his biases, even though he isn't always successful in that endeavor.</P>

Buck can eat a pile of poo for all I care.</P>

greenca190
01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Never understood the hate for Aikman. He's one of the better announcers in the league and certainly does a better job at hiding his bias than Michael Strahan. I get that we love Michael but it seems a bit unfair to call Troy biased.

Granted, different positions, but strahan loses all credibility as a "journalist" when he is seen cheering on hi former team in-studio. He is, by far, the worst at his job.

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd take Joe and Troy over Collinsworth...

Collinsworth can't wait to jump on a Giants mistake/turnover... Has been way too bias against the Giants I think.

Who wants Phil Simms (CBS) commentating Giants games all season long? He did great when the Giants took on some of the AFC East opponents this season.

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 05:53 PM

Granted, different positions, but strahan loses all credibility as a "journalist" when he is seen cheering on hi former team in-studio. He is, by far, the worst at his job.

Sorry Strahan simply can't hide his Giants pride... :>

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Never understood the hate for Aikman. He's one of the better announcers in the league and certainly does a better job at hiding his bias than Michael Strahan. I get that we love Michael but it seems a bit unfair to call Troy biased.</P>

There's a difference in expectation of "bias" between a studio personality like Strahan and a play-by-play/color commentator like Aikman.</P>

Overall, I think Aikman at least tries to cover up his biases, even though he isn't always successful in that endeavor.</P>

Buck can eat a pile of poo for all I care.</P>I think that's a pretty fair analysis on the situation. Aikman has shown Eli plenty of praise this season more than some other announcers. The issue I have with Collinsworth is that he drags on way too long and takes up a massive segment between plays.

I just don't think Strahan should be praised as a great analyst when he's doing the "we stomped you out!" on the set. If someone like Jimmy Johnson celebrated to that degree in a Cowboys victory over the Giants, this message board would be ticked off.

greenca190
01-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I'd take Joe and Troy over Collinsworth...

Collinsworth can't wait to jump on a Giants mistake/turnover... Has been way too bias against the Giants I think.

Who wants Phil Simms (CBS) commentating Giants games all season long? He did great when the Giants took on some of the AFC East opponents this season.

All of my bills fan friends hate Simms because he's bias towards the patriots.

Honestly, we're going to hate anyone that regularly calls the same teams that are good.

Itlan
01-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Do you guys punch your wife in the morning when she gets you pulped orange juice instead of pulp-free as well?

Bunch of complainers, the lot of you.

Dabluguy
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM

If i recall we won a SB and won against the pats this year with the 2 .

dinz
01-03-2012, 06:34 PM
i agree, dont listen, put the wfan on, but they are a like 3 plays behind.. worst things in life to complain about than who does the game.

OrangeGiant
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM

</P>

Oh and he forgot to mention, they both lost the SB. So the Giants can change the trend.</P>

bleedinblue27
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM

YES HE DID LMAO!!! CC does that all the time!!!

Giantz4Life
01-03-2012, 06:56 PM

I agree about Aikman. I think a lot of it is unwarranted because he was a Cowboy so that stigma will follow him regarding Giants fans. He consistently praises the Giants when they play well, and he calls out the Cowboys when they play poorly. Vice versa. He is very fair and a good X's and O's commentator.

RedskinHater
01-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm not a Collingsworth fan, but I think he's doing a good job in his new gig. Just saying.

I have no idea why we keep getting Joe Buck or Troy Aikman. Even when the Cowboys are playing on a seperate game, we continue to get Joe and Troy.
Buck has all the excitement of a bowl
gruel !

RedskinHater
01-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Buck has all the excitement of a bowl of
gruel !

f1j2f3a4
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM
You know you have to love Pam Oliver, Com'on Man!

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM

*</P>

personally id much rather have Buck and Aikman.* Collinsworth(less) i never wanna hear call one of our games again.</P>

he was down right horrible to the Giants and their fans*in the 2nd egirls game!</P>

both Collinsworth and Jaws can kiss my ***!*</P>

I've always thought that Collinsworth was a Giant hater...but I watched the Cowboys game on DVR yesterday and actually thought he was pretty reasonable compared to usual....</P>

Did you miss the first game where Romo got one low snap caught it and threw a completion and Collinsworth compared him to Rodgers. Meanwhile Eli was dealing with Boothes balls all over the place throwing darts and TDs and that worthless asshat doesnt mention a word. </P>

Yes...that was one of the examples I saw of Collinsworth being a Giants hater. But he was much better this past weekend...

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 08:19 PM

Sports commentators aren't "journalists"...they are TV personalities who are paid to provide their opinions. So I have no problem with guys like Strahan, Howie, or any of the other "studio" guys who give their thoughts as long as the panel of personalities provides an even balance of opinions. But I do have an issue with the play-by-play and commentary guys who call the games and do so with bias with no one around to provide the even balance.....

yatitle
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">I hope this is the only HORRIBLE news of the week: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Pam Oliver have been assigned the Giants-Falcons game. #giants</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">How do these guys or Collingsworth get every freaking Giants game!! They suck!</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Now I have to listen to the game on mute again...</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Uuuggghhh</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"></span></p>

Given our injury situation this year, if this is the worst news of the week we are in good shape.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN>*</P>

I think Aikman tries hard to be objective. HE doesn't always succeed, but I do think he tries.

Buck's a ******bag and he knows nothing. Bad combo.

HIs Dad must have called in a lot of favors to keep that stupid spawn of his employed this long.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Sports commentators aren't "journalists"...they are TV personalities who are paid to provide their opinions. So I have no problem with guys like Strahan, Howie, or any of the other "studio" guys who give their thoughts as long as the panel of personalities provides an even balance of opinions. But I do have an issue with the play-by-play and commentary guys who call the games and do so with bias with no one around to provide the even balance.....It's fine for Strahan to be a bit biased when he analyzes the Giants and gives his opinions on the team. I expect that. The issue I have though is him cheering the team in an unprofessional manner when he's supposed to be more neutral and everyone is fine with it but they are upset with Troy when he says something negative about the Giants. I love Michael Strahan, I really do...but Troy is by far the better professional.

greenca190
01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
And relay breaking sports news, fantasy news, etc. to the casual fan; it just happens to be one day a week.

I don't know. News relayer, journalist... seem synonymous to me.

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 08:34 PM

Sports commentators aren't "journalists"...they are TV personalities who are paid to provide their opinions. So I have no problem with guys like Strahan, Howie, or any of the other "studio" guys who give their thoughts as long as the panel of personalities provides an even balance of opinions. But I do have an issue with the play-by-play and commentary guys who call the games and do so with bias with no one around to provide the even balance.....It's fine for Strahan to be a bit biased when he analyzes the Giants and gives his opinions on the team. I expect that. The issue I have though is him cheering the team in an unprofessional manner when he's supposed to be more neutral and everyone is fine with it but they are upset with Troy when he says something negative about the Giants. I love Michael Strahan, I really do...but Troy is by far the better professional.

Again, you missed it. Strahan is a TV personality. He has his own sitcom for crying out loud. Aikman is a play by play commentator. If stray did that stuff while calling a game, then ok. But he is still a huge fan and friends with the guys on the team.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM

YES HE DID LMAO!!! CC does that all the time!!!

Holy crap. I can't believe he's doing that!

I can't stand the "Mike Vick" and now he's doing "Vic Cruz". Looks like Chris is just trying to get notoriety.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM

Again, you missed it. Strahan is a TV personality. He has his own sitcom for crying out loud. Aikman is a play by play commentator. If stray did that stuff while calling a game, then ok. But he is still a huge fan and friends with the guys on the team.No, I didn't miss anything. That is a poor excuse to try and absolve Strahan's actions on that day. I don't see Howie Long, Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Ditka, etc...standing up, jumping, and cheering as if they were still apart of their organization when their former teams win. Strahan takes it to another level of complete bias while Troy says one little thing about Eli or the rest of the Giants and everyone gets all mad at him.

NYG216
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM

</p>

And had the most un enthusiastic calls in the greatest moments of that playoff run. Very dry. </p>

Would you rather Gus Johnson call the game? While I hate Joe Buck (and notice his anti-Giants bias), he calls the game like he should. In big moments, the commentator shouldn't steal the attention. Buck's call of the Plax TD in SB42 was perfect. Much better than any big moment Gus Johnson ever called. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgeqrYxu_YM

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 09:08 PM

But again...Strahan is a studio commentator who sits on a panel that has a cross-section of opinions, whereas Troy is a play-by-play analyst who has no one to balance his biases against. I'll say that I agree that Troy is not overly biased, and that overall I'm generally fine with him...but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison to put him up against Strahan.

yoeddy
01-03-2012, 09:10 PM

Again, you missed it. Strahan is a TV personality. He has his own sitcom for crying out loud. Aikman is a play by play commentator. If stray did that stuff while calling a game, then ok. But he is still a huge fan and friends with the guys on the team.No, I didn't miss anything. That is a poor excuse to try and absolve Strahan's actions on that day. I don't see Howie Long, Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Ditka, etc...standing up, jumping, and cheering as if they were still apart of their organization when their former teams win. Strahan takes it to another level of complete bias while Troy says one little thing about Eli or the rest of the Giants and everyone gets all mad at him.

If you want to compare Strahan against, say, Jimmy Johnson or Howie Long, that's a reasonable comparison. But those guys have a completely different role than Aikman...

GOBIGBLUE52
01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
One other thing about Joe Buck: I understand the criticism of him being emotionless, but Pat Summerall was the EXACT same way yet he's viewed as one of the top play by play guys in history. Yeah, his voice was better for the style, but still.

I mean, listen to his call of Vinatieri's game winning field goal. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eawwO1moIIE)

I think in 20 years or 30 years or whenever, you'll watch the tyree catch, the burress touchdown, whatever again and it'll seem a lot better.

Defcon4
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Strahan is obviously biased in his picks. He always picks the Giants. However, in his analysis of actual Giants games at halftimes and at the end of the game or if he's asked about their play at a particular point in the season he gives unbiased analysis.

I specifically remember Strahan saying that the Giants played with" no heart and had mailed it in" in the Carolina game at the end of the season when they ran all over us a few years back. How are you going to compare him to Long, JJ, and, Terry. Those guys retired over 10 years ago.

Aikman is funny. He never saw a bad QB throw in his life. It's always everybody's fault except the QB. Seriously, Aikman for my money is the best commentator going right now after John Gruden. He's got a sharp eye and adds a lot to how I see the game. Plenty of times I'd be yelling at Eli and Aikman would show and explain why Eli was throwing where he was and why the WR was at fault or why Eli was at fault.

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 10:02 PM

Interesting that both those teams were led by HOF QB's...... Hmmmmmmm....

rainierjef
01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
what does it matter who's calling the game as long as the giants have the lead by the half they will hop on the giants bandwagon they always do.

but why do we care so much who's commentating?

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 10:12 PM

No, you missed it. I wasn't even talking about Strahan in the OP. I think it is quite obvious he is biased and obnoxious at times. I'm talking about troy Aikman and Joe Schmuck. The guys that call the game live. Got it?

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Why the fu....

**** it.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM

But again...Strahan is a studio commentator who sits on a panel that has a cross-section of opinions, whereas Troy is a play-by-play analyst who has no one to balance his biases against. I'll say that I agree that Troy is not overly biased, and that overall I'm generally fine with him...but it's not an apples-to-apples comparison to put him up against Strahan.Perhaps the comparison isn't fair but if your issue with Troy is that there's no one to balance his biases (which I rarely see), don't you think they should get someone better across from him over Joe Buck? Let's be real here, Buck is nothing but a Pat Summerall remix gone bad.

My issue personally is that I see multiple people claiming they want announcing and game analysis to be more fair but they never call out Strahan or anyone else who might be Pro Giants. I'm thinking some of these people just want a Pro Giants view 24/7.

gumby742
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Heh. I think I'm the only guy that thinks Chris collinsworth is hilarious.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM

No, you missed it. I wasn't even talking about Strahan in the OP. I think it is quite obvious he is biased and obnoxious at times. I'm talking about troy Aikman and Joe Schmuck. The guys that call the game live. Got it?Still didn't miss it bro. There was a point in my argument that people here seem to only get upset with biased announcers and experts that are against the Giants and not ones who are biased in general. Some people seem to think there's a conspiracy against us and that they are all trying to put the team down. Even then, Aikman is one of the better announcers out there during this time. I'd rather have him over Joe Buck, Al Michaels, Jaws, Gruden, Collinsworth, Mike Tirico, Phil Simms, and so forth. The only one I really like over him is Mayock. Troy is the least of concerns when it comes to poor announcing and keeping biases in check.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Heh. I think I'm the only guy that thinks Chris collinsworth is hilarious.He can be but he has a tendency to go on long rants at times that just draw on and on...

barran21
01-03-2012, 10:45 PM

He did call Kiwi, Kiwanuku..

SweetZombieJesus
01-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Sigh...

Which black Atlanta player will Pam Oliver slobber over in her quest to find a man -- I mean weekly segment.

GCGiant
01-04-2012, 06:49 AM

If i recall we won a SB and won against the pats this year with the 2 .

OK...got to here and stopped, because this was going to be my comment. Can't hardly say they are cursed...and they probably called the game in GB as well...and Dallas. I could be wrong about those, though...but I certainly remember Buck's TD calls in the SB.

nygsb42champs
01-04-2012, 08:19 AM
It is the only Fox playoff game this weekend plus they are fox's #1 team that is how we get stuck with them.

Pksoze
01-04-2012, 01:46 PM
If we win this week we probably get them as we'll most likely play the Packers.

eastbayblue
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">I hope this is the only HORRIBLE news of the week: Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and Pam Oliver have been assigned the Giants-Falcons game. #giants</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">How do these guys or Collingsworth get every freaking Giants game!! They suck!</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Now I have to listen to the game on mute again...</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Uuuggghhh</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"></span></p>
They will get every Fox NFC playoff game when there is only 1 game covered by Fox, this is not even debatable, not that I like them, it's just a Fox Sports thing...

kepanis_law
01-06-2012, 12:25 AM

Hmmmmm what about Super Bowl 42 - they called that one :)

BrockSamson
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Collingsworth </span>

Nice to know this isn't just a Falcons board misspelling. Also nice to know ATL and NY are united in our hate of Collinsworth.