PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Giants set a new franchise passing record....

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 06:15 PM
this seasons average 295.5 passing yds per game beats the average 251.2 of 2009

not too shabby

also...

Eli was the first NFL QB to throw at least four touchdown passes of at least 72 yards since Kurt Warner (STL, '000, six).

...and
Eli was 1st NYG QB to throw at least 4 TD passes of 72+ yds since Earl Morrall (4 in ')65.

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Don't forget the record setting 15 4th-quarter TDs and the countless engineered comebacks this season

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't forget the record setting 15 4th-quarter TDs and the countless engineered comebacks this season

good call.....

that as well!!!

beating out his brother and the GREAT Johnny Unitas

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM
bump for pure awesomeness :)

logan9839
01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
We are lucky to have Eli!

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 07:17 PM
and a fine OC as well. A lot of you would have enjoyed reading a thread on Dallas board last night where some of their fans wished they could trade their OC for Gilbride. I kid you not. I think he has done a pretty good job for us.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM

not too shabby

also...

Eli was the first NFL QB to throw at least four touchdown passes of at least 72 yards since Kurt Warner (STL, '000, six).

...and
Eli was 1st NYG QB to throw at least 4 TD passes of 72+ yds since Earl Morrall (4 in ')65.

You know me, always the unintentional provocateur - 2 of those passes were 7 yarders that Cruz turned into monster plays.

[:)]

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
and a fine OC as well. A lot of you would have enjoyed reading a thread on Dallas board last night where some of their fans wished they could trade their OC for Gilbride. I kid you not. I think he has done a pretty good job for us.

I have to agree....

I have lots of friends from all over the country who are fans of lots of different NFL teams.....and the trend I see throughout all of them is hatred for their coordinators ....offensive and defensive.....its a common thread with all fans of all teams

I think Gilbride has done a fine job for the most part .... we have one of the best passing attacks in the league

BlueJayC
01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
and a fine OC as well. A lot of you would have enjoyed reading a thread on Dallas board last night where some of their fans wished they could trade their OC for Gilbride. I kid you not. I think he has done a pretty good job for us. I have to agree.... I have lots of friends from all over the country who are fans of lots of different NFL teams.....and the trend I see throughout all of them is hatred for their coordinators ....offensive and defensive.....its a common thread with all fans of all teams I think Gilbride has done a fine job for the most part .... we have one of the best passing attacks in the league</P>

I'm gonna get flack for saying this but I'm still not high on KG....BUT....with that being said......I absolutely loved the ballz he showed chucking it on 1st and Goal with 4 minutes left and up by 10.....took huge ballz......I"ll be honest they were coming at our endzone and I looked around and said take three knees and kick the FG and I'll be happy but THEY WENT FOR THE KILL AND GOT IT!!!!!! That's what this team has been missing on both sides of the ball all year but they showed it on both sides last game......aggressive kill shots.....sacks and TD's......LOVED IT!!!!!!!</P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 07:31 PM
and a fine OC as well. A lot of you would have enjoyed reading a thread on Dallas board last night where some of their fans wished they could trade their OC for Gilbride. I kid you not. I think he has done a pretty good job for us. I have to agree.... I have lots of friends from all over the country who are fans of lots of different NFL teams.....and the trend I see throughout all of them is hatred for their coordinators ....offensive and defensive.....its a common thread with all fans of all teams I think Gilbride has done a fine job for the most part .... we have one of the best passing attacks in the league</P>

I'm gonna get flack for saying this but I'm still not high on KG....BUT....with that being said......I absolutely loved the ballz he showed chucking it on 1st and Goal with 4 minutes left and up by 10.....took huge ballz......I"ll be honest they were coming at our endzone and I looked around and said take three knees and kick the FG and I'll be happy but THEY WENT FOR THE KILL AND GOT IT!!!!!! That's what this team has been missing on both sides of the ball all year but they showed it on both sides last game......aggressive kill shots.....sacks and TD's......LOVED IT!!!!!!!</P>

past 2 games have been aggressive on both sides of the ball......cant say I dont like it

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 07:38 PM
bump for pure awesomeness :)Come on YA dont you know its everyone around him that makes Eli average...

gmen46
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM

not too shabby

also...

...and

You know me, always the unintentional provocateur -* 2 of those passes were 7 yarders that Cruz turned into monster plays.

I guess no other "elite" Qb has plays like that when their yards are posted, huh?

I guess Brady threw all 99 of his 99 yard pass to Welker this year in the air, huh?

If YAC s were not such an integral part of every passing game--and therefore an integral part of every QB's game--there would not be a stat measured to account for them.

Your point, though accurate, is irrelevant since that is a part of every other QB's stats. It's the comparison of one QB to other QBs --who are all measured statistically in the same manner -- that's the relevant issue.

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM

not too shabby

also...

...and

You know me, always the unintentional provocateur -* 2 of those passes were 7 yarders that Cruz turned into monster plays.

On the other hand Cruz, Nicks, MM have dropped long distance passes right in their bread baskets. Cruz more than a couple of times.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
this seasons average 295.5 passing yds per game beats the average 251.2 of 2009 not too shabby also... Eli was the first NFL QB to throw at least four touchdown passes of at least 72 yards since Kurt Warner (STL, '000, six). ...and Eli was 1st NYG QB to throw at least 4 TD passes of 72+ yds since Earl Morrall (4 in ')65.

You know me, always the unintentional provocateur - 2 of those passes were 7 yarders that Cruz turned into monster plays.

</P>

check Warner's too....I bet a few short passes in there as well....</P>

just sayin'.....lol</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
this seasons average 295.5 passing yds per game beats the average 251.2 of 2009 not too shabby also... Eli was the first NFL QB to throw at least four touchdown passes of at least 72 yards since Kurt Warner (STL, '000, six). ...and Eli was 1st NYG QB to throw at least 4 TD passes of 72+ yds since Earl Morrall (4 in ')65.

I guess no other "elite" Qb has plays like that when their yards are posted, huh? I guess Brady threw all 99 of his 99 yard pass to Welker this year in the air, huh? If YAC s were not such an integral part of every passing game--and therefore an integral part of every QB's game--there would not be a stat measured to account for them. Your point, though accurate, is irrelevant since that is a part of every other QB's stats. It's the comparison of one QB to other QBs --who are all measured statistically in the same manner -- that's the relevant issue.</P>

ease up Bro.....he did use a smiley face you know.....[;)]</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
bump for pure awesomeness :)</P>

I don't know if it was just leading the league this year, or an all time record, but Eli had 8 td passes with under 5 minutes left in the 4Q.</P>

Also, Eli's 4933 yards passing is not only a franchise record, but it's 6th all time. Though, with the way passing has gone, I wouldn't doubt if that'll be 12th-15th after next season.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:40 PM

</P>

Unintentional?</P>

</P>

fansince69
01-03-2012, 08:52 PM

</p>

Unintentional?</p>

</p>

Correction...The one against the Jets was 11 yards....had the first down ..ran the rest of the way[:D]

jomo
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM

lol and I am always the "yes, but" guy...................yes, but if we weren't second in the league in drops, the numbers would have been even more impressive. Take that! [B]

Drez
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM

lol and I am always the "yes, but" guy...................yes, but if we weren't second in the league in drops, the numbers would have been even more impressive. Take that! [B]</P>

"And buy that man a Nat Sherman Cigar..."</P>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3278733259_4ed88d058b.jpg</P>

Down-lifer
01-03-2012, 09:29 PM
We are lucky to have Eli!Yes, we are my friend!

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Eli was the first NFL QB to throw at least four touchdown passes of at least 72 yards since Kurt Warner .

Does this include throwing it 6 yards to cruz and he breaks a tackle and gets a ton of yards after catch?

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Apologies YA, I didn't mean to hijack the thread with my comment.

Actually if you think about it, it is extremely impressive given our history of being a defensive franchise.

Congratulations to Eli and the boys for these records!

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM

lol and I am always the "yes, but" guy...................yes, but if we weren't second in the league in drops, the numbers would have been even more impressive. Take that! [B]</p>

"And buy that man a Nat Sherman Cigar..."</p>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3278733259_4ed88d058b.jpg</p>

I will take that, and one of those Nat Shermans.

Gotta love that they cruise the parking lots with the Shermanmobile during our tailgates!

Drez
01-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Eli was the first NFL QB to throw at least four touchdown passes of at least 72 yards since Kurt Warner .

Does this include throwing it 6 yards to cruz and he breaks a tackle and gets a ton of yards after catch?
</P>

Yawn.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 09:38 PM

lol and I am always the "yes, but" guy...................yes, but if we weren't second in the league in drops, the numbers would have been even more impressive. Take that! [B]</P>

"And buy that man a Nat Sherman Cigar..."</P>

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3454/3278733259_4ed88d058b.jpg</P>

I will take that, and one of those Nat Shermans.

Gotta love that they cruise the parking lots with the Shermanmobile during our tailgates!
</P>

That's pretty bad ***.</P>

I'm really going to try and make it to a game next season. Hopefully, I'll be able to swing it.</P>

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 10:00 PM

Actually if you think about it, it is extremely impressive given our history of being a defensive franchise.*

I dont see that as a hijack.....just expressing a legitimate point

what we are here for

gmen46
01-03-2012, 10:00 PM

I guess no other "elite" Qb has plays like that when their yards are posted, huh? I guess Brady threw all 99 of his 99 yard pass to Welker this year in the air, huh? If YAC s were not such an integral part of every passing game--and therefore an integral part of every QB's game--there would not be a stat measured to account for them. Your point, though accurate, is irrelevant since that is a part of every other QB's stats. It's the comparison of one QB to other QBs --who are all measured statistically in the same manner -- that's the relevant issue.</P>

It's a useless argument that's been used before (I'm not saying by Rosie, necessarily), so I'm tired of seeing it.

And **** the smiley face. I hope the smiley face rots in hell.

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Actually if you think about it, it is extremely impressive given our history of being a defensive franchise.

I dont see that as a hijack.....just expressing a legitimate point

what we are here for

It was simply a friendly jab, but it wasn't meant to stir the pot.

Drez
01-03-2012, 10:12 PM

I dont see that as a hijack.....just expressing a legitimate point what we are here for

</P>

You were definitely trying to stir the pot, but in more of a smart *** kind of way, as opposed to really being serious about it... The "unintentional provactuer," kind of gave it away, lol.</P>

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 10:19 PM

<FONT size=4>It's a useless argument</FONT> that's been used before (I'm not saying by Rosie, necessarily), so I'm tired of seeing it. And **** the smiley face. I hope the smiley face rots in hell.</P>

Completely agree. Saying some of a QB's passing yards include some YAC isa ridiculous point. Just more of that passive-agressive stuff we routinely get from rosie and harooni. </P>

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 11:41 PM

<FONT size=4>It's a useless argument</FONT> that's been used before (I'm not saying by Rosie, necessarily), so I'm tired of seeing it. And **** the smiley face. I hope the smiley face rots in hell.</P>

Completely agree.* Saying some of a QB's passing yards include some YAC is*a ridiculous point.*** Just more of that passive-agressive stuff we routinely get from rosie and harooni.* </P>

i think u need to take a step back and re-evaluate ur opinion of rosie. i did and i found that really i was just trying to push my opinion on him. he erally has never said anything drastic or like intentionally and purposefully crazy. the comment thats quoted here he was kind of messing around but even still he did make a valid point. he just has a slightly diff opinion and hes actually kind of valid. i took it as a threat to my knowledge like he was saying i was wrong but he really doesnt do that, he just shares his opinion which is what we're all here for.

cruz played a HUGE part for the passing games success.

krygny
01-03-2012, 11:44 PM
We are lucky to have Eli!
We deserve Eli.

DragonSoul
01-04-2012, 01:48 AM

Actually if you think about it, it is extremely impressive given our history of being a defensive franchise.*

I dont see that as a hijack.....just expressing a legitimate point what we are here for

</P>

You were definitely trying to stir the pot, but in more of a smart *** kind of way, as opposed to really being serious about it... The "unintentional provactuer," kind of gave it away, lol.</P>have to concur!

ajd121
01-04-2012, 03:01 AM

not too shabby

also...

...and

Crazy that Eli finished 4th this year in passing yards, yet 6th all time single season passing yards.

Giant in Dallas
01-04-2012, 03:13 AM

good call.....

that as well!!!

I do think it should be mentioned that the mark Unitas set was when the league played only 14 games.....

Awww screw it. Eli set an NFL Record!!!

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 03:15 AM

not too shabby

also...

...and

Crazy that Eli finished 4th this year in passing yards, yet 6th all time single season passing yards.

i believe eli finished 3rd ahead of Rodgers, no?

fansince69
01-04-2012, 08:45 AM

good call.....

that as well!!!

I do think it should be mentioned that the mark Unitas set was when the league played only 14 games.....

That is a career mark not a season mark....Took Unitas 211(not sure if that includes playoffs) games ...Eli has played in 121.....By time Eli has 211 games he will have shattered that mark....Remember he also has more than Peyton at this point who also has more than 200 games.....Pretty remarkable when it gets put in perspective.

fansince69
01-04-2012, 08:48 AM

good call.....

that as well!!!

That is a career mark not a season mark....Took Unitas 211(not sure if that includes playoffs) games ...Eli has played in 121.....By time Eli has 211 games he will have shattered that mark....Remember he also has more than Peyton at this point who also has more than 200 games.....Pretty remarkable when it gets put in perspective.

sorry guys my mistake...was thinking of something else...by time I realized my mistake I couldn't delete....this is just a season record

NJ10
01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
nevermind