PDA

View Full Version : Jay Ratliff OWNED David Baas

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 05:57 PM
It was horrible. He was getting pushed around like a rag doll. The penetration up the middle really killed our run game, again.

The run game was much improved with Baas out of the lineup. I dont understand why we dont go back to Petrus.

Diehl, Petrus, Boothe, Snee, Mckenzie was our best starting 5 this season....

Am I missing something? is there progress coming from baas that i'm not seeing? Now i know he's been hurt and had that head/neck injury...im willing to give him another chance next season and am not ready to give up on him just yet, BUT, as of right now...he gets zero push up the middle and is a BIG reason as to why we're dead last in rushing.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 05:57 PM
It was horrible. He was getting pushed around like a rag doll. The penetration up the middle really killed our run game, again.

The run game was much improved with Baas out of the lineup. I dont understand why we dont go back to Petrus.

Am I missing something? is there progress coming from baas that i'm not seeing? Now i know he's been hurt and had that head/neck injury...im willing to give him another chance next season and am not ready to give up on him just yet, BUT, as of right now...he gets zero push up the middle and is a BIG reason as to why we're dead last in rushing.
</P>

last two games over 100 yards with Baas....</P>

</P>

GiantsYanks
01-03-2012, 06:01 PM

Really? From what I watched on tv and every replay they showed Baas doing just fine.. in fact Collinsworth even talked about how Ratliff was contained the entire game. Of course he had a play or two but overall Baas did a great job on him. Was I the only one that saw that segement?

NYGRealityCheck
01-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Poor Ratliff was depressed and on his knees on the field after that game...

greenca190

Really? From what I watched on tv and every replay they showed Baas doing just fine.. in fact Collinsworth even talked about how Ratliff was contained the entire game.* Of course he had a play or two but overall Baas did a great job on him.* Was I the only one that saw that segement?

Nope. He did great.

sausage
seems like he did good with pass protection but garbage on run. same as always...

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 06:09 PM
What? Ratliff really didn't do anything and it was huge in our ability to slide protection to Ware.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 06:10 PM
well then apparently i did miss something. Every time our runs got stuffed in the backfield, it was ratliff getting push up the middle.

I still think we're a better team with petrus out there.

mattpl908
01-03-2012, 06:12 PM
why we replaced him with baas? bc we paid big money for him...he has to play in order to improve

Gianthunter
Yet to see a downfield block by Baas. Aint got no push.</P>

Eli TO Shockey
What? Ratliff really didn't do anything and it was huge in our ability to slide protection to Ware.

well maybe it was early in the game when i was seeing it. and he must have improved as the game went on.

there were FOR CERTAIN at least 3 or 4 plays where baas got rocked back up the middle by ratliff

Roosevelt
01-03-2012, 06:13 PM
well then apparently i did miss something. Every time our runs got stuffed in the backfield, it was ratliff getting push up the middle.

Your post was very Larry David. lol.

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Really? From what I watched on tv and every replay they showed Baas doing just fine.. in fact Collinsworth even talked about how Ratliff was contained the entire game.* Of course he had a play or two but overall Baas did a great job on him.* Was I the only one that saw that segement?

Exactly, Baas owned Ratliff for almost the entire game. Ratliff beat Baas a couple of times in 2nd half which is what is supposed to happen at times. Baas played very well as a matter of fact. I see quite an exaggerration of poor play by Baas around here.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Baas didn't have a good game, but Ratliff certainly was held in check.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 06:15 PM

Really? From what I watched on tv and every replay they showed Baas doing just fine.. in fact Collinsworth even talked about how Ratliff was contained the entire game. Of course he had a play or two but overall Baas did a great job on him. Was I the only one that saw that segement?

Exactly, Baas owned Ratliff for almost the entire game. Ratliff beat Baas a couple of times in 2nd half which is what is supposed to happen at times. Baas played very well as a matter of fact. I see quite an exaggerration of poor play by Baas around here.

well then my apologies. I guess only bad plays get noticed with o-linemen lol.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM

well maybe it was early in the game when i was seeing it. and he must have improved as the game went on.

there were FOR CERTAIN at least 3 or 4 plays where baas got rocked back up the middle by ratliff
Yeah earlier in the game, Ratliff completely stood Baas up but he really turned it on and Ratliff was held in check, luckily. If we had to commit Boothe and Snee to Ratliff, it would have been bad news.

Ntegrase96
01-03-2012, 06:16 PM

I thought that segment was a bit misleading. It showed a lot of the times Baas did well, but during other highlights throughout the game I noticed Ratliff beating him in the run game.

Ratliff hasn't been much of a pass rusher since 2009 I believe. Hope they finally move him to DE.

SanAntonioGiant
01-03-2012, 06:17 PM
What?

Ratliff really didn't do anything and it was huge in our ability to slide protection to Ware.

EXACTLY!!

...But, I think he struggled in run protection!

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM

Hey no prob guy. None of us are right all the time. Now you got me thinking though. Was there anyone who played poorly? I thought we had a great team effort. Still can't get over how Bear and Henry gave Newmann a new nickname "The Hurdle" LOL

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Baas didn't have a good game, but Ratliff certainly was held in check.Considering how good of a NT Ratliff is and how, uhm, ok? (putting it nicely) Baas is at C, it was an above average performance for Baas.

BlueJayC
01-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Yet to see a downfield block by Baas. Aint got no push.</P>

</P>

Exactly this.....the knock on Baas is he gets absolutely no push......he can maintain a block and did last week on pass protection but his runblocking is non-existant....he can't turn his man nor get that push like Boothe does to the second level......basically because of Boothe's size and strength......</P>

So yeah Baas did a good job of not letting Ratliff get penetration but he didn't move him off his spot either so all those 3rd and 4th and 1's went for naught.......Boothe and Baasboth have plus and minuses to each of them.....I personally prefer Boothe but I'll take Baas if need be.....</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Now that's what I am talking about Enigma. Ratliff is supposed to be a force.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Hey no prob guy. None of us are right all the time. Now you got me thinking though. Was there anyone who played poorly? I thought we had a great team effort. Still can't get over how Bear and Henry gave Newmann a new nickname "The Hurdle" LOL

I love Hyno as Elis check down option. Hes nasty with it when he turns the corner...

like you said. great TEAM effort. Exactly what it'll take if we make any kind of run in the playoffs.

Roswell777
01-03-2012, 06:26 PM
The problem with Boothe at center is that he was snapping the ball wildly in the fourth qtr of the first Dallas game.

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 06:28 PM
The problem with Boothe at center is that he was snapping the ball wildly in the fourth qtr of the first Dallas game.
I am telling you his butt is too big to be a center, LOL.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 06:29 PM

Your post was very Larry David. lol.

haha. you seen the Palestinian chicken episode? classic

gmen0820
Baas didn't have a good game, but Ratliff certainly was held in check.Considering how good of a NT Ratliff is and how, uhm, ok? (putting it nicely) Baas is at C, it was an above average performance for Baas.+1

I just rarely lower the standards to tailor the performances of our players.

Eli TO Shockey

the man needs butt reduction surgery. lol

JMGGIANTS
01-03-2012, 06:31 PM

LOL, don't get me wrong. I am a big Boothe fan but not at Center. He is a survivor on that line and I always pull for those underdog Ivy Leaguers.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Baas didn't have a good game, but Ratliff certainly was held in check.Considering how good of a NT Ratliff is and how, uhm, ok? (putting it nicely) Baas is at C, it was an above average performance for Baas.+1

I just rarely lower the standards to tailor the performances of our players.If Konz comes out (which I doubt happens), he could be our long term answer at Center. The dude is a beast in the run game getting great push on DT's. The thing that upsets me about Baas the most is that we overpaid for him but there really wasn't many other options.

Roswell777
01-03-2012, 06:39 PM

LOL, don't get me wrong. I am a big Boothe fan but not at Center. He is a survivor on that line and I always pull for those underdog Ivy Leaguers.

Maybe the best solution would be Boothe at guard and Petrus at center next year if Petus can make the transition.

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM

I was at the game but I didn't get the same impression.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 06:41 PM

Minus the 2 or 3 bad snaps he had due to his abnormally massive butt, he played very well at C when Baas was out. Now I know that is not his natural position...but he did very considering the circumstances.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 06:49 PM

I was at the game but I didn't get the same impression.

im open to the idea that this thread title was a bit dramatic. lol.

there were a few plays where baas really got lit up. Those are the plays that stand out to me when i think of baas's performance against the girls.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:19 PM

</P>

so he gets rocked for 3 or 4 plays and you want him gone??</P>

dont make blind statements just because.....</P>

</P>

TuckYou
01-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I didnt think Baas did well at all. The one big run we had was on Dallas Dbusted play. Brooking was trying to line up Lee but he didnt get there in time. </P>

Baas contained Ratlif from getting in the backfield for the most part, but the problem is, Ratlif owned him on the line. Baas was not pushing him at all. Ratlif was controling Baas at the line leaving no holes. Boothe is a stronger, better run blocker by far. Too bad he cant snap. </P>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I didnt think Baas did well at all. The one big run we had was on Dallas Dbusted play. Brooking was trying to line up Lee but he didnt get there in time. </P>

Baas contained Ratlif from getting in the backfield for the most part, but the problem is, Ratlif owned him on the line. Baas was not pushing him at all. Ratlif was controling Baas at the line leaving no holes. Boothe is a stronger, better run blocker by far. Too bad he cant snap. </P>

</P>

he can snap but his enormous butt gets in the way. He would need 4 foot arms to snap out of that cave......:)</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 07:25 PM

</p>

so he gets rocked for 3 or 4 plays and you want him gone??</p>

dont make blind statements just because.....</p>

</p>

yea. im basing Baas getting benched on 3 plays. You been following the same giants team as everyone else? Have you been overly impressed with his play? he gets little to no push game after game. The stretch that he missed, our run game was at its best.

If you read OP, you will see where im coming from. But maybe reading is not your strong suit. next time ill post some pictures.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM

</p>

*</p>

yea. im basing Baas getting benched on 3 plays. You been following the same giants team as everyone else? Have you been overly impressed with his play? he gets little to no push game after game. The stretch that he missed, our run game was at its best.*

If you read OP, you will see where im coming from. But maybe reading is not your strong suit. next time ill post some pictures.

gotta love when some one makes a ridic thread and calls some one else stupid. not saying ur stupid but just find it funny.

oh and btw, did it ever cross ur mind ratliff is a beast pro bowl nose tackle? and that limiting him to "3 or 4" plays where he "blew" baas up isnt bad AT ALL? and i watched the entire game twice, and not once did i go "baas just got blown up there", there were a few plays where he got absolutely no push. but its telling that on passing downs, baas was able to contain ratliff 1 v 1 and his technique was actually flawless.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM

</P>

</P>

yea. im basing Baas getting benched on 3 plays. You been following the same giants team as everyone else? Have you been overly impressed with his play? he gets little to no push game after game. The stretch that he missed, our run game was at its best.

</P>

yeah...please pictures would be great....thanks....</P>

the last two games they are over 100 yards rushing......what the prob. I know he hasnt been great at all but the running game is a bit better and he pass blocks very well which is the Giants bread and butter.....</P>

</P>

</P>

Wes
01-03-2012, 07:31 PM

Exactly, Baas owned Ratliff for almost the entire game. Ratliff beat Baas a couple of times in 2nd half which is what is supposed to happen at times. Baas played very well as a matter of fact. I see quite an exaggerration of poor play by Baas around here.</P>

</P>

baas is decent, hes not great...but neither is the ladder....early in the season he was bad because he was still learning the system and he missed some assignments or got confused, something like that.</P>

he seems to be doing better now.</P>

jomo
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
why we replaced him with baas? bc we paid big money for him...he has to play in order to improveNah, that's nonsense. The NFL is a meritocracy especially at crunch time. You can say the coaches are blind or stupid or anything else but you can't say they are playing him because of his contract. Winning is everything to them and to the GM and to the owners. The contract issimply not part of the decision. They believe he is our best center, agree or disagree with that.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 07:38 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

yeah...please pictures would be great....thanks....</p>

the last two games they are over 100 yards rushing......what the prob. I know he hasnt been great at all but the running game is a bit better and he pass blocks very well which is the Giants bread and butter.....</p>

</p>

</p>

whats the prob?

giants-cowboys

<table class="game-stats"><tbody><tr><th>Player</th><th class="r">CAR</th><th class="r">YDS</th><th class="r">AVG</th><th class="r">TD</th><th class="r">LG</th></tr><tr><td>AhmadBradshaw</td><td class="r">16</td><td class="r">57</td><td class="r">3.6</td><td class="r">1</td><td class="r">29</td></tr><tr><td>BrandonJacobs</td><td class="r">7</td><td class="r">16</td><td class="r">2.3</td><td class="r">0</td><td class="r">6</td></tr><tr><td>EliManning</td><td class="r">6</td><td class="r">14</td><td class="r">2.3</td><td class="r">0</td><td class="r">8</td></tr><tr><td>D.J.Ware</td><td class="r">2</td><td class="r">19</td><td class="r">9.5</td><td class="r">0</td><td class="r">15</td></tr><tr><td>TEAM</td><td class="r">31</td><td class="r">106</td><td class="r">3.4</td><td class="r">1</td><td class="r">29</td></tr></tbody></table>

this includes the busted play where Sean Lee lined up on the wrong side. 3.4 YPC.

acceptable?

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM

</p>

</p>

gotta love when some one makes a ridic thread and calls some one else stupid. not saying ur stupid but just find it funny.

oh and btw, did it ever cross ur mind ratliff is a beast pro bowl nose tackle? and that limiting him to "3 or 4" plays where he "blew" baas up isnt bad AT ALL? and i watched the entire game twice, and not once did i go "baas just got blown up there", there were a few plays where he got absolutely no push. but its telling that on passing downs, baas was able to contain ratliff 1 v 1 and his technique was actually flawless.

baas with flawless tecnique. LOL. lets not call people stupid.

logan9839
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
I too don't think that Baas is horrible, that said, I like it better with Boothe and Petrus is in the lineup. Both have shown more potential, and I hope to see both next year.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I too don't think that Baas is horrible, that said, I like it better with Boothe and Petrus is in the lineup. Both have shown more potential, and I hope to see both next year.

thank you. The line gets better push and they play much better together as a unit with Baas out of the lineup. Stats back it up.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:43 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

the last two games they are over 100 yards rushing......what the prob. I know he hasnt been great at all but the running game is a bit better and he pass blocks very well which is the Giants bread and butter.....</P>

</P>

</P>

whats the prob?

giants-cowboys

<TABLE class=game-stats>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TH>Player</TH>
<TH class=r>CAR</TH>
<TH class=r>YDS</TH>
<TH class=r>AVG</TH>
<TH class=r>TD</TH>
<TH class=r>LG</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD>AhmadBradshaw</TD>
<TD class=r>16</TD>
<TD class=r>57</TD>
<TD class=r>3.6</TD>
<TD class=r>1</TD>
<TD class=r>29</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>BrandonJacobs</TD>
<TD class=r>7</TD>
<TD class=r>16</TD>
<TD class=r>2.3</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>6</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>EliManning</TD>
<TD class=r>6</TD>
<TD class=r>14</TD>
<TD class=r>2.3</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>8</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>D.J.Ware</TD>
<TD class=r>2</TD>
<TD class=r>19</TD>
<TD class=r>9.5</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>15</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>TEAM</TD>
<TD class=r>31</TD>
<TD class=r>106</TD>
<TD class=r>3.4</TD>
<TD class=r>1</TD>
<TD class=r>29</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this includes the busted play where Sean Lee lined up on the wrong side. 3.4 YPC.

acceptable?

</P>

tanks for the picture. shows they got iver a hundred. Eli used the play action to complete many passes. The run game is better than it was earlier in the season. Did I say it was acceptable?? Did I say the run game was great? No I didnt. All I said was that it was a bit better then it used to be. </P>

You want errant snaps in the playoffs??? </P>

Saying Baas was "owned" is bull**** because they did get over 100 AND the pass game was great . Isnt Ratlif supposed to disrupt the middle to affect the pass game too??</P>

You are over blowing the issue......I am not....</P>

</P>

logan9839
01-03-2012, 07:48 PM

</P>

*</P>

yea. im basing Baas getting benched on 3 plays. You been following the same giants team as everyone else? Have you been overly impressed with his play? he gets little to no push game after game. The stretch that he missed, our run game was at its best.*

</P>

*</P>

*</P>

whats the prob?

giants-cowboys

<TABLE class=game-stats>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TH>Player</TH>
<TH class=r>CAR</TH>
<TH class=r>YDS</TH>
<TH class=r>AVG</TH>
<TH class=r>TD</TH>
<TH class=r>LG</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Ahmad*Bradshaw</TD>
<TD class=r>16</TD>
<TD class=r>57</TD>
<TD class=r>3.6</TD>
<TD class=r>1</TD>
<TD class=r>29</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Brandon*Jacobs</TD>
<TD class=r>7</TD>
<TD class=r>16</TD>
<TD class=r>2.3</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>6</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>Eli*Manning</TD>
<TD class=r>6</TD>
<TD class=r>14</TD>
<TD class=r>2.3</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>8</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>D.J.*Ware</TD>
<TD class=r>2</TD>
<TD class=r>19</TD>
<TD class=r>9.5</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>15</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>TEAM</TD>
<TD class=r>31</TD>
<TD class=r>106</TD>
<TD class=r>3.4</TD>
<TD class=r>1</TD>

this includes the busted play where Sean Lee lined up on the wrong side.* 3.4 YPC.

acceptable?

</P>

tanks for the picture. shows they got iver a hundred. Eli used the play action to complete many passes. The run game is better than it was earlier in the season. Did I say it was acceptable?? Did I say the run game was great? No I didnt. All I said was that it was a bit better then it used to be. </P>

Saying Baas was "owned" is bull**** because they did get over 100 AND the pass game was great . Isnt Ratlif supposed to disrupt the middle to affect the pass game too??</P>

*</P>
In his defense, he already admitted that he was a bit over the top in the title. You have to admit, however, that Boothe, Petrus and Sneed have been a good middle of the line.

Voldamort
01-03-2012, 07:49 PM
In this game I had no problem with Baas,put Petrus in for Boothe and let's see what that does?

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:52 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

whats the prob?

giants-cowboys

<TABLE class=game-stats>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TH>Player</TH>
<TH class=r>CAR</TH>
<TH class=r>YDS</TH>
<TH class=r>AVG</TH>
<TH class=r>TD</TH>
<TH class=r>LG</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD>AhmadBradshaw</TD>
<TD class=r>16</TD>
<TD class=r>57</TD>
<TD class=r>3.6</TD>
<TD class=r>1</TD>
<TD class=r>29</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>BrandonJacobs</TD>
<TD class=r>7</TD>
<TD class=r>16</TD>
<TD class=r>2.3</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>6</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>EliManning</TD>
<TD class=r>6</TD>
<TD class=r>14</TD>
<TD class=r>2.3</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>8</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>D.J.Ware</TD>
<TD class=r>2</TD>
<TD class=r>19</TD>
<TD class=r>9.5</TD>
<TD class=r>0</TD>
<TD class=r>15</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>TEAM</TD>
<TD class=r>31</TD>
<TD class=r>106</TD>
<TD class=r>3.4</TD>
<TD class=r>1</TD>

acceptable?

</P>

</P>

In his defense, he already admitted that he was a bit over the top in the title. You have to admit, however, that Boothe, Petrus and Sneed have been a good middle of the line.</P>

yeah....I know he backed off his original rant which pretty much solidifies my arguement in this thread that it was overblown.</P>

.The revamped line that you mentioned above was good. I agree. But do you want to risk bad snaps? (Boothe)Especially now in the playoffs?? I dont. Also the Giants are going to win because of the passing game not the running game. If they can put up 100 yards rushing. That is more than enough to keep the play action honest and keep the chains moving.....</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
3 GAMES DAVID BAAS MISSED

Giants Packers
<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-right:1px solid #FFF; border-bottom-color: #052570; text-align: left; line-height:25px; font: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;" colspan="6">NY Giants Rushing</th></tr><tr><th style="text-align:left" width="125px"></th><th>CAR</th><th>YDS</th><th>AVG</th><th>TD</th><th>LG</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</td><td>8</td><td>59</td><td>7.4</td><td>1</td><td>14</td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</td><td>11</td><td>38</td><td>3.5</td><td>0</td><td>8</td></tr><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">D. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/dj-ware)</td><td>1</td><td>3</td><td>3.0</td><td>0</td><td>3</td></tr></tbody><thead><tr class="bi odd" align="right"><th style="text-align:left;">Team</th><th>20</th><th>100</th><th>5.0</th><th>1</th><th>14</th></tr></thead></table>
Giants Cowboys
<table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-right:1px solid #FFF; border-bottom-color: #052570; text-align: left; line-height:25px; font: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;" colspan="6"><a name="New York"></a>NY Giants Rushing</th></tr><tr><th style="text-align:left" width="125px"></th><th>CAR</th><th>YDS</th><th>AVG</th><th>TD</th><th>LG</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</td><td>19</td><td>101</td><td>5.3</td><td>2</td><td>19</td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</td><td>8</td><td>12</td><td>1.5</td><td>0</td><td>8</td></tr><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">D. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/dj-ware)</td><td>2</td><td>-1</td><td>-0.5</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">E. Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning)</td><td>2</td><td>-2</td><td>-1.0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr></tbody><thead><tr class="bi even" align="right"><th style="text-align:left;">Team</th><th>31</th><th>110</th><th>3.5</th><th>2</th><th>19</th></tr></thead></table>
<table class="mod-data" height="229" width="287"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-right:1px solid #FFF; border-bottom-color: #052570; text-align: left; line-height:25px; font: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;" colspan="6">
</th></tr><tr><th style="text-align:left" width="125px">Giants Redskins
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;"><table class="mod-data"><thead><tr class="team-color-strip"><th style="border-right:1px solid #FFF; border-bottom-color: #052570; text-align: left; line-height:25px; font: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;" colspan="6">NY Giants Rushing</th></tr><tr><th style="text-align:left" width="125px"></th><th>CAR</th><th>YDS</th><th>AVG</th><th>TD</th><th>LG</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</td><td>10</td><td>58</td><td>5.8</td><td>1</td><td>17</td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</td><td>8</td><td>33</td><td>4.1</td><td>0</td><td>11</td></tr></tbody><thead><tr class="bi even" align="right"><th style="text-align:left;">Team</th><th>18</th><th>91</th><th>5.1</th><th>1</th><th>17</th></tr></thead></table></td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="odd" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="even" align="right"><td style="text-align:left;">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody><thead><tr class="bi odd" align="right"><th style="text-align:left;">thats a total of 69 carries for 301 yards. YPC of 4.4. Compared to the 3.5 YPC that has us dead last in the NFL
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th></tr><tr><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td></tr></thead></table>

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM

Giants Packers

<TABLE class=mod-data>
<THEAD>
<TR class=team-color-strip>
<TH style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colSpan=6>NY Giants Rushing</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width=125></TH>
<TH>CAR</TH>
<TH>YDS</TH>
<TH>AVG</TH>
<TH>TD</TH>
<TH>LG</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TR class=even align=right>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</TD>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>59</TD>
<TD>7.4</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>14</TD></TR>
<TR class=odd align=right>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</TD>
<TD>11</TD>
<TD>38</TD>
<TD>3.5</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>8</TD></TR>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">D. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/dj-ware)</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>3.0</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TR class="bi odd" align=right>
<TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Team</TH>
<TH>20</TH>
<TH>100</TH>
<TH>5.0</TH>
<TH>1</TH>
<TH>14</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE>
Giants Cowboys

<TABLE class=mod-data>
<THEAD>
<TH style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colSpan=6><A name="New York"></A>NY Giants Rushing</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH>CAR</TH>
<TH>YDS</TH>
<TH>AVG</TH>
<TH>TD</TH>
<TH>LG</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</TD>
<TD>19</TD>
<TD>101</TD>
<TD>5.3</TD>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>19</TD></TR>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</TD>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>12</TD>
<TD>1.5</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>8</TD></TR>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">D. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/dj-ware)</TD>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>-1</TD>
<TD>-0.5</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">E. Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning)</TD>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>-2</TD>
<TD>-1.0</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TR class="bi even" align=right>
<TH>31</TH>
<TH>110</TH>
<TH>3.5</TH>
<TH>2</TH>
<TH>19</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE>

<TABLE class=mod-data width=287 height=229>
<THEAD>
<TH style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colSpan=6>
</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width=125>Giants Redskins
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">
<TABLE class=mod-data>
<THEAD>
<TH style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colSpan=6>NY Giants Rushing</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH>CAR</TH>
<TH>YDS</TH>
<TH>AVG</TH>
<TH>TD</TH>
<TH>LG</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TD>10</TD>
<TD>58</TD>
<TD>5.8</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>17</TD></TR>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>33</TD>
<TD>4.1</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>11</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TH>18</TH>
<TH>91</TH>
<TH>5.1</TH>
<TH>1</TH>
<TH>17</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">thats a total of 69 carries for 301 yards. YPC of 4.4. Compared to the 3.5 YPC that has us dead last in the NFL
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></THEAD></TABLE>

</P>

they were dead last and still are....</P>

they are in the playoffs and the play action pass is still very effective. The Giants will win with the pass and not the run. BAAS is a huge part of the pass successs!! Maybe you want to lose that in lew of a better run game just when they are entering the playoffs.....</P>

Not Me....keep Eli upright and no bad snaps......</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 07:57 PM
the statement i made about Baas being owned. I retracted. That's not the point that i'm making right now.

Our oline, as a unit, has played better togethe with Baas out of the lineup.

granted, 3 games is not a huge sample size. however, its big enough to get an idea.

4.37 YPC (with Baas out of the lineup) would put us in the top 15 of the NFL.

stats dont lie.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&amp;offensiveStatisticCat egory=RUSHING&amp;d-447263-n=1&amp;d-447263-o=2&amp;d-447263-p=1&amp;d-447263-s=RUSHING_AVERAGE_YARDS&amp;tabSeq=2&amp;season=2011&amp;role= TM&amp;Submit=Go&amp;archive=false&amp;conference=null&amp;defensi veStatisticCategory=null&amp;qualified=true

GameTime
01-03-2012, 07:59 PM
the statement i made about Baas being owned. I retracted. That's not the point that i'm making right now.

granted, 3 games is not a huge sample size. however, its big enough to get an idea.

stats dont lie.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&amp;offensiveStatisticCat egory=RUSHING&amp;d-447263-n=1&amp;d-447263-o=2&amp;d-447263-p=1&amp;d-447263-s=RUSHING_AVERAGE_YARDS&amp;tabSeq=2&amp;season=2011&amp;role= TM&amp;Submit=Go&amp;archive=false&amp;conference=null&amp;defensi veStatisticCategory=null&amp;qualified=true

</P>

so you say 3 games is not a large sample size but you are willing to use it toaverage it out for the rest of the season anyway to make your point......nice...</P>

you know what else doesnt lie.......Eli and the offense are pass oriented now. </P>

</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Giants Packers

<table class="mod-data">
<thead>
<tr class="team-color-strip">
<th style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colspan="6">NY Giants Rushing</th></tr>
<tr>
<th style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width="125"></th>
<th>CAR</th>
<th>YDS</th>
<th>AVG</th>
<th>TD</th>
<th>LG</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<tr class="even" align="right">
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>59</td>
<td>7.4</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>14</td></tr>
<tr class="odd" align="right">
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</td>
<td>11</td>
<td>38</td>
<td>3.5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8</td></tr>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">D. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/dj-ware)</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3.0</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>3</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<tr class="bi odd" align="right">
<th style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">Team</th>
<th>20</th>
<th>100</th>
<th>5.0</th>
<th>1</th>
<th>14</th></tr></thead></table>
Giants Cowboys

<table class="mod-data">
<thead>
<th style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colspan="6"><a name="New York"></a>NY Giants Rushing</th></tr>
<tr>
<th>CAR</th>
<th>YDS</th>
<th>AVG</th>
<th>TD</th>
<th>LG</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">B. Jacobs (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8524/brandon-jacobs)</td>
<td>19</td>
<td>101</td>
<td>5.3</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>19</td></tr>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">A. Bradshaw (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10693/ahmad-bradshaw)</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>12</td>
<td>1.5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8</td></tr>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">D. Ware (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10768/dj-ware)</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>-1</td>
<td>-0.5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>0</td></tr>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">E. Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning)</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>-2</td>
<td>-1.0</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>0</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<tr class="bi even" align="right">
<th>31</th>
<th>110</th>
<th>3.5</th>
<th>2</th>
<th>19</th></tr></thead></table>

<table class="mod-data" height="229" width="287">
<thead>
<th style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colspan="6">
</th></tr>
<tr>
<th style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width="125">Giants Redskins
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">
<table class="mod-data">
<thead>
<th style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colspan="6">NY Giants Rushing</th></tr>
<tr>
<th>CAR</th>
<th>YDS</th>
<th>AVG</th>
<th>TD</th>
<th>LG</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<td>10</td>
<td>58</td>
<td>5.8</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>17</td></tr>
<td>8</td>
<td>33</td>
<td>4.1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>11</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<th>18</th>
<th>91</th>
<th>5.1</th>
<th>1</th>
<th>17</th></tr></thead></table></td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<th style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">thats a total of 69 carries for 301 yards. YPC of 4.4. Compared to the 3.5 YPC that has us dead last in the NFL
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th></tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">

</p>

they were dead last and still are....</p>

they are in the playoffs and the play action pass is still very effective. The Giants will win with the pass and not the run. BAAS is a huge part of the pass successs!! Maybe you want to lose that in lew of a better run game just when they are entering the playoffs.....</p>

Not Me....keep Eli upright and no bad snaps......</p>

GB defense - 1 sack
Cowboys defense - 0 sacks
redskins defense - 3 sacks

so thats 4 sacks over a 3 game period. not too shabby.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM

stats dont lie.

</p>

so you say 3 games is not a large sample size but you are willing to use it toaverage it out for the rest of the season anyway to make your point......nice...</p>

you know what else doesnt lie.......Eli and the offense are pass oriented now. </p>

</p>

3 games is large enough. I have no problems with Eli throwing the football. Why cant we average 4-5 YPC AND throw the football. Take a little pressure off of eli. After all, The Giants DNA is running the football. it's called a balanced offense!

GameTime
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM

Giants Packers

<TABLE class=mod-data>
<THEAD>
<TR>
<TH>CAR</TH>
<TH>YDS</TH>
<TH>AVG</TH>
<TH>TD</TH>
<TH>LG</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>59</TD>
<TD>7.4</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>14</TD></TR>
<TD>11</TD>
<TD>38</TD>
<TD>3.5</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>8</TD></TR>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>3.0</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>3</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TH>20</TH>
<TH>100</TH>
<TH>5.0</TH>
<TH>1</TH>
<TH>14</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE>
Giants Cowboys

<TABLE class=mod-data>
<THEAD>
<TH style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colSpan=6><A name="New York"></A>NY Giants Rushing</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH>CAR</TH>
<TH>YDS</TH>
<TH>AVG</TH>
<TH>TD</TH>
<TH>LG</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TD>19</TD>
<TD>101</TD>
<TD>5.3</TD>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>19</TD></TR>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>12</TD>
<TD>1.5</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>8</TD></TR>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>-1</TD>
<TD>-0.5</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR>
<TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">E. Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning)</TD>
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>-2</TD>
<TD>-1.0</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TH>31</TH>
<TH>110</TH>
<TH>3.5</TH>
<TH>2</TH>
<TH>19</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE>

<TABLE class=mod-data width=287 height=229>
<THEAD>
<TH style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colSpan=6>
</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width=125>Giants Redskins
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TABLE class=mod-data>
<THEAD>
<TR>
<TH>CAR</TH>
<TH>YDS</TH>
<TH>AVG</TH>
<TH>TD</TH>
<TH>LG</TH></TR></THEAD>
<TBODY>
<TD>10</TD>
<TD>58</TD>
<TD>5.8</TD>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>17</TD></TR>
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>33</TD>
<TD>4.1</TD>
<TD>0</TD>
<TD>11</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TH>18</TH>
<TH>91</TH>
<TH>5.1</TH>
<TH>1</TH>
<TH>17</TH></TR></THEAD></TABLE></TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY>
<THEAD>
<TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">thats a total of 69 carries for 301 yards. YPC of 4.4. Compared to the 3.5 YPC that has us dead last in the NFL
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH>
<TH>
</TH></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>
</TD></TR></THEAD></TABLE>

</P>

they were dead last and still are....</P>

they are in the playoffs and the play action pass is still very effective. The Giants will win with the pass and not the run. BAAS is a huge part of the pass successs!! Maybe you want to lose that in lew of a better run game just when they are entering the playoffs.....</P>

Not Me....keep Eli upright and no bad snaps......</P>

GB defense - 1 sack

</P>

only a 3 game sample size......cant really use that now can we......:)</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Giants Packers

<table class="mod-data">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>CAR</th>
<th>YDS</th>
<th>AVG</th>
<th>TD</th>
<th>LG</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<td>8</td>
<td>59</td>
<td>7.4</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>14</td></tr>
<td>11</td>
<td>38</td>
<td>3.5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8</td></tr>
<td>1</td>
<td>3</td>
<td>3.0</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>3</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<th>20</th>
<th>100</th>
<th>5.0</th>
<th>1</th>
<th>14</th></tr></thead></table>
Giants Cowboys

<table class="mod-data">
<thead>
<th style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colspan="6"><a name="New York"></a>NY Giants Rushing</th></tr>
<tr>
<th>CAR</th>
<th>YDS</th>
<th>AVG</th>
<th>TD</th>
<th>LG</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<td>19</td>
<td>101</td>
<td>5.3</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>19</td></tr>
<td>8</td>
<td>12</td>
<td>1.5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>8</td></tr>
<td>2</td>
<td>-1</td>
<td>-0.5</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>0</td></tr>
<td style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">E. Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5526/eli-manning)</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>-2</td>
<td>-1.0</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>0</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<th>31</th>
<th>110</th>
<th>3.5</th>
<th>2</th>
<th>19</th></tr></thead></table>

<table class="mod-data" height="229" width="287">
<thead>
<th style="BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #052570; TEXT-ALIGN: left; FONT: 700 14px/25px Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; BORDER-RIGHT: #fff 1px solid" colspan="6">
</th></tr>
<tr>
<th style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width="125">Giants Redskins
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<table class="mod-data">
<thead>
<tr>
<th>CAR</th>
<th>YDS</th>
<th>AVG</th>
<th>TD</th>
<th>LG</th></tr></thead>
<tbody>
<td>10</td>
<td>58</td>
<td>5.8</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>17</td></tr>
<td>8</td>
<td>33</td>
<td>4.1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>11</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<th>18</th>
<th>91</th>
<th>5.1</th>
<th>1</th>
<th>17</th></tr></thead></table></td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td>
<td>
</td></tr></tbody>
<thead>
<th style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">thats a total of 69 carries for 301 yards. YPC of 4.4. Compared to the 3.5 YPC that has us dead last in the NFL
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th>
<th>
</th></tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">
</td>
<td valign="top">

</p>

they were dead last and still are....</p>

they are in the playoffs and the play action pass is still very effective. The Giants will win with the pass and not the run. BAAS is a huge part of the pass successs!! Maybe you want to lose that in lew of a better run game just when they are entering the playoffs.....</p>

Not Me....keep Eli upright and no bad snaps......</p>

GB defense - 1 sack

</p>

only a 3 game sample size......cant really use that now can we......:)</p>

our oline actually got some push the games that petrus played. I dont think its a coincidence.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM

stats dont lie.

</P>

so you say 3 games is not a large sample size but you are willing to use it toaverage it out for the rest of the season anyway to make your point......nice...</P>

you know what else doesnt lie.......Eli and the offense are pass oriented now. </P>

</P>

3 games is large enough. I have no problems with Eli throwing the football. Why cant we average 4-5 YPC AND throw the football. Take a little pressure off of eli. After all, The Giants DNA is running the football. it's called a balanced offense!
</P>

maybe the HC doesnt want to change it up. Maybe they dont see the need to at this time based on the success the offense has had. Maybe they know a bit more about whatis right for the team than youor I do.</P>

Thanks for all the insight though....</P>

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Bass did not get owned at all. Quite the other way around as a matter of fact.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM

stats dont lie.

</p>

so you say 3 games is not a large sample size but you are willing to use it toaverage it out for the rest of the season anyway to make your point......nice...</p>

you know what else doesnt lie.......Eli and the offense are pass oriented now. </p>

</p>

</p>

maybe the HC doesnt want to change it up. Maybe they dont see the need to at this time based on the success the offense has had. Maybe they know a bit more about whatis right for the team than youor I do.</p>

Thanks for all the insight though....</p>

[{][{]

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 08:26 PM

I will need to rewatch the game. sometimes, ill admit, my perception takes a swing in the wrong direction. I guess that is part of being a passionate giants fan. always expect greatness and when it doesnt happen..YOU SUCK!! lol

buddy33
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
This is funny stuff.

RoanokeFan
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I didnt think Baas did well at all. The one big run we had was on Dallas Dbusted play. Brooking was trying to line up Lee but he didnt get there in time. </p>

Baas contained Ratlif from getting in the backfield for the most part, but the problem is, Ratlif owned him on the line. Baas was not pushing him at all. Ratlif was controling Baas at the line leaving no holes. Boothe is a stronger, better run blocker by far. Too bad he cant snap. </p>

</p>

he can snap but his enormous butt gets in the way. He would need 4 foot arms to snap out of that cave......:)</p>

LMAO indelicate, but accurate

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:52 PM

I will need to rewatch the game. sometimes, ill admit, my perception takes a swing in the wrong direction. I guess that is part of being a passionate giants fan. always expect greatness and when it doesnt happen..YOU SUCK!! lol

I noticed the annoucers breaking down Eli's time in the pocket and he often got more than 4 seconds. Baas played a decent game.

Eli TO Shockey
01-03-2012, 08:53 PM

I noticed the annoucers breaking down Eli's time in the pocket and he often got more than 4 seconds. Baas played a decent game.

its not Baas's pass blocking that i have an issue with. Its him getting stood up constantly by DTs

Slunk3AM
01-03-2012, 09:08 PM

I saw the same segment about Eli's time in the pocket. Not even once did it take Eli more than 3 and a half seconds to throw the ball.

The precious milliseconds count!