PDA

View Full Version : How do the young guys play in the playoffs?

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 07:31 PM
we have great talent, but a lot of these guys are young, and have never played in a playoff game yet.

how do u guys think players like nicks, cruz, jpp do? these guys are huge parts of our team on both sides of the ball.

u think they'll be nervous or let the moment get to them?

im glad we got good leadership vets on both o and d to help keep them focused.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 07:32 PM
although i will say that in our biggest reg. season games the past couple years all three have shown up and played well. cruz especially.

mattpl908
01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
cruz? he'll cruz right on through...jpp wont have a problem neither will nicks..we should focus on the whole team rather those three.. they know whats in front of them and they should come prepared to play their best

YATittle1962
01-03-2012, 07:34 PM
the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week

and there is some truth to it......these past two games were basically playoffs

I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season

in my opinion that makes them dangerous

our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine

krygny
01-03-2012, 07:39 PM
They all have one home playoff game under their belts. Make no mistake, that was a playoff game the other day against Dallas. That was the biggest game thus far in the new <font color="#000080"><font size="4"><u>GIANTS</u> Stadium</font></font>. They were ready. Going forward, they'll draw on the experience of some of the vets who were here in '07. They'll be fine.

TheEnigma
01-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see someone like Nicks take bigger steps in the playoffs when Cruz gets more looks due to his awesome season.

Hynoski is another sleeper I have for playing well throughout the playoffs giving us vital blocks in the run game and being a passing option for short yardage.

Voldamort
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
There going to play GREAT!

yatitle
01-03-2012, 08:13 PM

I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season

Add in the games at New England and Dallas and the Green Bay at home and they will be fine.

jomo
01-03-2012, 08:13 PM
the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week and there is some truth to it......these past two games were basically playoffs I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season in my opinion that makes them dangerous our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fineIf Ballard is back, remember he was part of our big wins on the road in New England and Dallas. Cruz seems unfazed by it all as does JPP. Having Eli on O and Tuck on Dwill serve as a steadying influence. I love how this is all setting up.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see someone like Nicks take bigger steps in the playoffs when Cruz gets more looks due to his awesome season.

Hynoski is another sleeper I have for playing well throughout the playoffs giving us vital blocks in the run game and being a passing option for short yardage.

i agree with pretty much everything said, especially YA's post about battle tested. thats one thing we could be thankful for when that brutal stretch came vs the best teams in the league.

this team KNOWS they can match up and give GB, NE, SF a serious game and could win if they execute a little bit better. That game vs NO if we see them will be motivational for them to really show their true colors.

I keep on thinking to that resiliency pre superbowl montage they had. this team is def. battle tested.

and enigma, SICKEST SIG EVER I LAUGHED SO LOUD TO THAT. hahaha awesome job with that man.

byron
01-03-2012, 11:12 PM
the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week and there is some truth to it......these past two games were basically playoffs I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season in my opinion that makes them dangerous our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine I getting the same feeling like its building...I sure hope so!! go Giants !

jjj45
01-03-2012, 11:35 PM
How does Eli the vet play at home during the playoffs?
Not like your username that's for sure http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-43.gif

MattMeyerBud
01-03-2012, 11:54 PM
we have great talent, but a lot of these guys are young, and have never played in a playoff game yet.

how do u guys think players like nicks, cruz, jpp do? these guys are huge parts of our team on both sides of the ball.

u think they'll be nervous or let the moment get to them?

im glad we got good leadership vets on both o and d to help keep them focused.

i think the good thing for us is that all three seem to love being in the moment

miked1958
01-04-2012, 12:01 AM

This

miked1958
01-04-2012, 12:03 AM

Agreed

DragonSoul
01-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Guys that have been steeping up all year I can easily say they continue to do so.

Redeyejedi
01-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Ballard just tweeted this
at almost 1:00 AM

NYG_J_Ballard85 Jake ballard
Can't sleep, too excited 4 the game.. Must seize the opportunity! "Better to fight for something then live for nothing" #GMEN #bootstoasses

miked1958
01-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Ballard just tweeted this at almost 1:00 AM NYG_J_Ballard85 Jake ballard Can't sleep, too excited 4 the game.. Must seize the opportunity! "Better to fight for something then live for nothing" #GMEN #bootstoasses</P>

You might want to consider making this post in its own thread!!!!! I think it warrants it. </P>

This is news that everyone should here. not just inside another Thread. It should be in the TITLE Heading of a new thread.</P>

This means he expects to PLAY Sunday and that is huge news. I know we saw a few posts on him and Mark coming along and both practicing some and were possible for the game.</P>

However its nice to hear from the actual player. I dont think he would he would TWEET that if he was sitting. Yes it applys to the overall team and could be he that he is just supporting them but i didnt take it that way.</P>

EDIT:.. Just checked and i dont see anything in active forums in first 2pages that mentions this so i will copy and paste it into a new thread so everyone can see it. Good job getting that Tweet up on here!!</P>

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
one thing that i think applies here is what LT had to say before the Dallas game.

He made it a point to say that the guys shouldnt let the emotion get to them, not to play with too much emotion bc thats when u try and do too much and can end up making a costly mistake.

hopefully guys like Tuck, Osi, Eli, Jacobs, Bradshaw, Diehl, KMac can really get the young guys to play with pride but keep there emotions in check and focus on doing ur part ur job and not try to do too much.

pino
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
The three you mentioned I think will be fine.
I'm concerned about our secondary, and our youth at LB, as far as match ups are concerned.

Falcons have an offense that is equally, if not more dangerous than ours with their two BIG receivers. Julio has the athletic gift that reminds me of Larry Fitzgerald.