PDA

View Full Version : TONS OF GIANTS TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE ON TICKETMASTER

eli_for_mvp
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Ticketmaster still has a ton of tickets left at face value... Ranging from $120 - $475. There are a ton of teh $120 - $140 tickets still available. I just bought 4 in section 302.

derekunion28
01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
just checked only 400 dollar ones

araia24
01-03-2012, 09:09 PM
theres still 130s

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 09:15 PM
why are there so many tickets available? almost 10% of the stadium is still up for sale....is this normal?

NYG216
01-03-2012, 09:16 PM
I thought nobody could get them when they went on sale at 4:00?

araia24
01-03-2012, 09:20 PM
couldnt at 4 but i tried again at 430 and got em. could have been a glitch in the system

ebick
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
couldnt at 4 but i tried again at 430 and got em. could have been a glitch in the system</P>

or.....more likely, tickets put aside for some purpose, such as a pre-sale, then later released when it was determined that they were not needed.</P>

Jet-Blue
01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
It seems to be intermittent, I tried 10 minutes ago and nothing, Just tried again a few minutes ago, and was able to get 2 in the upper deck, but passed.

bigblue5611
01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
best available is mezz side views for 400+

bigblue5611
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
no 130s in pairs...

bigblue5611
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
It seems to be intermittent, I tried 10 minutes ago and nothing, Just tried again a few minutes ago, and was able to get 2 in the upper deck, but passed.

yep..same here

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
the tickets are being bought on ticketmaster and immediately put on stubhub. before 4PM today there were about 7500 tix for sale, now there are almost 8000

eli_for_mvp
01-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I literally just bought 4 more. If you go to ticketmaster, search for best available and select Section Concourse 3.

Alternatively, send me a private message. I will sell you tickets in the 300 level for $200 per ticket ($400 per pair).

TrueBlue07
01-03-2012, 10:03 PM
are you really trying to make money off of people on the MB?

SoBlu72
01-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Just got two tickets from TM. They were 120 per in sec 326 are these seats that bad did I get screwed???

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Just got two tickets from TM. They were 120 per in sec 326 are these seats that bad did I get screwed???

it depends on who u know and how lucky u get. i'd say 120 dollars to see the first home playoff game in the new stadium is a steal.

but on the other hand, a poster who comes here sporadically hooked me up with section 121 row 6 if i remember correctly for 120 each and the seats WERE AWESOME. wasnt a playoff game tho.

id say u got a great deal to see the giants win their first playoff game in 4 years

pj18
01-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Ugh I've been debating buying them for the past half hour. I can't decide. I tried for an hour at 4:00 and couldn't get them and now that they're available I don't know if I want them or not.

davecrazy
01-03-2012, 11:48 PM

It's face value, how is that getting screwed? The NFL sets the prices, not the teams or anybody else.

Season ticket holders in that section paid the same amount.

bigblue5611
01-03-2012, 11:51 PM

nope, your good....i could get 2 in sec 330 right now if i wanted...."best available, concourse 3" works...

pj18
01-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I ended up getting 2 in section 306. I still don't know if I'm definitely going to want to go or not.

NYSPORTS
01-04-2012, 01:36 AM
the only people getting screwed are the PSL owners as non-PSL people are getting tickets. Many of which are just putting them on craigs' list for a profit.

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 07:57 AM
10% of the stadium is for sale on stubhub today.

NJ10
01-04-2012, 08:34 AM
dup post

NJ10
01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Wow tickets still available, I just checked Ticketmaster. I cant
believe it. I'm going to have to watch his in the comfort of my home
though in front for my 60 inch Plasma. Those going to the game bring like you did on Sunday night, you were a huge factor and gave us a great home field advantage.

jeffsec316
01-04-2012, 09:00 AM
i dont think psl holders got screwed and i am a psl holder. a pair of tickets for me in sec 316 cost me 210 and on ticketmaster they were 283. a friend of mine who is in sec 315 was also able to sell 2 of his 4 tickets for 340 on stubhub after fees. after accounting for his profit he paid $80 for his other 2 seats.

bigblue5611
01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
the only people getting screwed are the PSL owners as non-PSL people are getting tickets. Many of which are just putting them on craigs' list for a profit.

but why are PSL owners evidently declining playoff tix when they have re-sale opportunities if they have $ issues and/or cant go?

NYSPORTS
01-04-2012, 10:09 AM

but why are PSL owners evidently declining playoff tix when they have re-sale opportunities if they have $ issues and/or cant go?

Not true - I bought my tickets and they have yet to arrive. Not to mention, the tickets are not available for download yet and can't view or sell them on ticketmaster.

Perhaps the PSL owners didn't buy them but, IMO, this is a mess as non-PSL fans are holding their tickets while PSL owners, like myself, only have the credit card charged. I was told my tickets should appear late on Thurs online if the hardcopy, which was supposed to arrive last Sat., doesn't show up. I guess that leaves me only Friday morning, to break away from work, to fix this mess if the tickets don't show up.

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:20 AM

Not true - I bought my tickets and they have yet to arrive. Not to mention, the tickets are not available for download yet and can't view or sell them on ticketmaster.

Perhaps the PSL owners didn't buy them but, IMO, this is a mess as non-PSL fans are holding their tickets while PSL owners, like myself, only have the credit card charged. I was told my tickets should appear late on Thurs online if the hardcopy, which was supposed to arrive last Sat., doesn't show up. I guess that leaves me only Friday morning, to break away from work, to fix this mess if the tickets don't show up.

Is this a mess for you because you are trying to re-sell? If so I'm pretty sure you could still list them and make some selection that says you will have the tix by so and so date &amp; then you'd have to FedEx the tickets.

If you just prefer to have the tix in hand ASAP, well I would feel the same way, that does stink.

NYSPORTS
01-04-2012, 10:22 AM

Is this a mess for you because you are trying to re-sell? If so I'm pretty sure you could still list them and make some selection that says you will have the tix by so and so date & then you'd have to FedEx the tickets.

If you just prefer to have the tix in hand ASAP, well I would feel the same way, that does stink.

Both - Yes, I'm going and want them in hand yet if I wanted to sell them, I can't b/c the option is not available. Usually you select "manage my tickets" but no tickets appear.

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:25 AM

Is this a mess for you because you are trying to re-sell? If so I'm pretty sure you could still list them and make some selection that says you will have the tix by so and so date &amp; then you'd have to FedEx the tickets.

Both - Yes, I'm going and want them in hand yet if I wanted to sell them, I can't b/c the option is not available. Usually you select "manage my tickets" but no tickets appear.

For the selling, like I mentioned, you can still put them up without having them in hand. As a season ticket holder you know your section, row, seats. I'm 99% sure one of the options is you do not have the tix now, but will by a certain date. You can still have someone buy them, as long as you have the tix by the date you say you will.

I'm not sure how much luck you'll have selling though, earlier I said 10% of the stadium is for sale on stubhub, that # may be creeping closer to 11% lol.

BlueJayC
01-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I know at least four PSL holders who are claiming they never got the playoff paperwork/emails and subsequently lost their tickets and are now refusing to buy them on ticketmaster and not sit in "THEIR" seats......I'd be PO'd too but not enough to not go to the game.......</P>

A few of them called the ticket office prior to 4pm yesterday but they couldn't get through.....or so they said......not a fan of releasing to the public.....I think the options for the extrasshould go to season ticket holders first, wait list members (TRUE GIANTS FANS)next and then so forth......</P>

You got these ticket brokers who buy the crap out of these things and then throw them on Stub-hub for a huge mark-up.......hence EMPTY seats and playoff games.......disgusting.....</P>

NYSPORTS
01-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Is this a mess for you because you are trying to re-sell? If so I'm pretty sure you could still list them and make some selection that says you will have the tix by so and so date & then you'd have to FedEx the tickets.

For the selling, like I mentioned, you can still put them up without having them in hand.* As a season ticket holder you know your section, row, seats.* I'm 99% sure one of the options is you do not have the tix now, but will by a certain date.* You can still have someone buy them, as long as you have the tix by the date you say you will.

I'm not sure how much luck you'll have selling though, earlier I said 10% of the stadium is for sale on stubhub, that # may be creeping closer to 11% lol.

TY - they just appeared online. As of 7am, they still were not there. Now I can breath :)

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I know at least four PSL holders who are claiming they never got the playoff paperwork/emails and subsequently lost their tickets and are now refusing to buy them on ticketmaster and not sit in "THEIR" seats......I'd be PO'd too but not enough to not go to the game.......</p>

A few of them called the ticket office prior to 4pm yesterday but they couldn't get through.....or so they said......not a fan of releasing to the public.....I think the options for the extrasshould go to season ticket holders first, wait list members (TRUE GIANTS FANS)next and then so forth......</p>

You got these ticket brokers who buy the crap out of these things and then throw them on Stub-hub for a huge mark-up.......hence EMPTY seats and playoff games.......disgusting.....</p>

I was about 88,000 on the season ticket holder list at the old place, and they reached my # when "metlife" opened. I had to pass because I couldn't afford the PSL, and they still called me again this year. I don't know how much stock you can put in to people being a season ticket holder anymore. Sure there are good ones, but sadly there's probably just as many brokers who bought season tickets.

I also knew quite a few season ticket holders who would have 4 tix, sell 2 way above face, and basically have it pay for their season tickets. This was back when it was impossible for someone to get season tix (pre-PSL) days. That's not really fair either, and they were inflating the market, just like the ticket brokers are now.

davecrazy
01-04-2012, 01:12 PM
I know at least four PSL holders who are claiming they never got the playoff paperwork/emails and subsequently lost their tickets and are now refusing to buy them on ticketmaster and not sit in "THEIR" seats......I'd be PO'd too but not enough to not go to the game.......</p>

A few of them called the ticket office prior to 4pm yesterday but they couldn't get through.....or so they said......not a fan of releasing to the public.....I think the options for the extrasshould go to season ticket holders first, wait list members (TRUE GIANTS FANS)next and then so forth......</p>

You got these ticket brokers who buy the crap out of these things and then throw them on Stub-hub for a huge mark-up.......hence EMPTY seats and playoff games.......disgusting.....</p>

That sounds like Garbage. The Giants e-mailed and let you pay online AND sent a regular mail packet. No way the didn't get any communications from the Giants. I just don't believe it. Lots of people don't buy the postseason tickets because they don't think the team will make it, or because the invoice comes around the holidays and they're tapped out from all of that or 100 other reasons. But no way/no how did the Giants just not contact them with info on how to pay the playoff invoice.

jeffsec316
01-04-2012, 01:20 PM

A few of them called the ticket office prior to 4pm yesterday but they couldn't get through.....or so they said......not a fan of releasing to the public.....I think the options for the extras*should go to season ticket holders first, wait list members (TRUE GIANTS FANS)*next and then so forth......</p>

That sounds like Garbage. The Giants e-mailed and let you pay online AND sent a regular mail packet. No way the didn't get any communications from the Giants. I just don't believe it.* Lots of people don't buy the postseason tickets because they don't think the team will make it, or because the invoice comes around the holidays and they're tapped out from all of that or 100 other reasons.** But no way/no how did the Giants just not contact them with info on how to pay the playoff invoice.

i agree. giants emailed people, sent a letter via regular mail and made announcements at the washington game that post season payments were due monday 12/19. also if you didnt get a letter wouldnt common sense tell you to call the giants up and ask whats up?

bigblue5611
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I know at least four PSL holders who are claiming they never got the playoff paperwork/emails and subsequently lost their tickets and are now refusing to buy them on ticketmaster and not sit in "THEIR" seats......I'd be PO'd too but not enough to not go to the game.......</P>

A few of them called the ticket office prior to 4pm yesterday but they couldn't get through.....or so they said......not a fan of releasing to the public.....I think the options for the extras*should go to season ticket holders first, wait list members (TRUE GIANTS FANS)*next and then so forth......</P>

You got these ticket brokers who buy the crap out of these things and then throw them on Stub-hub for a huge mark-up.......hence EMPTY seats and playoff games.......disgusting.....</P>

im a non-PSL holder, but i would agree that the PSL holders should have 1st crack on extra playoff tix within a certain time frame, then open to general public, like they do for regular season back in the summer...but maybe then cant do that give the compressed time frame this week..?

BlueJayC
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM

A few of them called the ticket office prior to 4pm yesterday but they couldn't get through.....or so they said......not a fan of releasing to the public.....I think the options for the extrasshould go to season ticket holders first, wait list members (TRUE GIANTS FANS)next and then so forth......</P>

That sounds like Garbage. The Giants e-mailed and let you pay online AND sent a regular mail packet. No way the didn't get any communications from the Giants. I just don't believe it. Lots of people don't buy the postseason tickets because they don't think the team will make it, or because the invoice comes around the holidays and they're tapped out from all of that or 100 other reasons. But no way/no how did the Giants just not contact them with info on how to pay the playoff invoice.
i agree. giants emailed people, sent a letter via regular mail and made announcements at the washington game that post season payments were due monday 12/19. also if you didnt get a letter wouldnt common sense tell you to call the giants up and ask whats up?</P>

Yup it definitely would and I'm not crying.....I got mine and received all the info but I did hear from 4 seperate PSL holders at the game last week that they never received anything......to be honest the guys were all older guys....not sure they have email.......hahaha.....I just felt bad for them though......</P>

We were waiting online at the gates outside the Timex Center......where the ticket office is.....I told them to go in then and there......a few waited till yesterday to make the call and got shut out.</P>

NYSPORTS
01-04-2012, 09:56 PM
It's unreal how many tickets are available for this game. Doesn't appear to be any secondary market for the visiting team from Atlanta.

Manning
01-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Doesn't surprise me that there are still plenty of tickets available. Let's face it, the price of tickets, concessions, parking, and time spent isn't worth it. The price of admission and sitting in the cold for 4 hours is far inferior to sitting in front of my 60" LED with some wings, beers and some other giants fans.

This is coming from a season ticket holder who is selling his PSL. Put a retractable roof on MetLife and I'll consider it worth the increase in prices from Giants Stadium. MetLife is the result of greed.

pj18
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Has anyone not been charged for their tickets from TM yet? My account doesn't even say pending...

chbecker_99
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Not been charged.....

Has ANYONE received the tickets?

Are they coming regular mail? Fed Ex?

Providence
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I checked out Ticketmaster, the only tickets available for 4 seats together were $400/each. Adding service charges and what have you and the price was around $1,300. That's all I needed to see in order to close the website entirely.

It will be very tragic if there are empty seats for this game just because the cost was prohibitive to real fans.

This is what happens when you build an extremely expensive sports arena during a recession and at a time when the home entertainment experience rivals the "real thing."

What a shame.

pj18
01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Not been charged.....

Has ANYONE received the tickets?

Are they coming regular mail? Fed Ex?The only option available when I ordered Tuesday was to print them, probably because it's so close to game time that they wouldn't be able to mail them all out. I wish they could have because I want the ticket stub, rather than a piece of computer paper.

chbecker_99
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
I was curious about PSL holders who purchased the tickets...I was under the impression we would be receiving physical tickets in the mail.

I STILL DONT HAVE!

AllDayEli10
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
If I could afford to fly to New York from Cali and afford any seat in the house. I so would but I cant. So i go to my local pizza palor (Hole in the wall) but has amazing tv. So i'll drink my beer and watch the gmen on a 70 LED Sharp Aquos tv. Ill be ok!!

TrueBlue2180
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I was curious about PSL holders who purchased the tickets...I was under the impression we would be receiving physical tickets in the mail.

I STILL DONT HAVE!

Did you call the ticket office? I received my tickets in the mail last weekend.