PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin... Its time!

keith3313
01-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Its time to give this coach credit. Every year hes on the hot seat. this year he and the giants were counted out as usual. With the nagging injuries he has been dealt with this year and people saying players don't like him and do not wanna play for him is false.

I have always defended coughlin through the good and bad. And players play hard for him and have bought into his system. I think the coach deserves to appreciated in his time here. Love em or hate. Hes a damn good coach. Lets give him credit where credit is due. Nobody gave the giants a chance in hell this year.

jomo
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Its time to give this coach credit. Every year hes on the hot seat. this year he and the giants were counted out as usual. With the nagging injuries he has been dealt with this year and people saying players don't like him and do not wanna play for him is false.

I have always defended coughlin through the good and bad. And players play hard for him and have bought into his system. I think the coach deserves to appreciated in his time here. Love em or hate. Hes a damn good coach. Lets give him credit where credit is due. Nobody gave the giants a chance in hell this year.
[Y]

joel2424
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Couldn't agree more. Never seen a coach like couglin every year thats on the hot seat it seems. A lot of that is media. if not most

buddy33
01-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I like him and have supported him. You do have to say though that the second half record thing is not good. They won their last 2 and are in the playoffs, but only because for the 1st time ever 9 games was good enough to win the NFC East.

Like I said, I like him and never wanted him fired. I think the injuries this year where extremely hard to over come. It's a new season now and hopefully they can do great things.

keith3313
01-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I like him and have supported him. You do have to say though that the second half record thing is not good. They won their last 2 and are in the playoffs, but only because for the 1st time ever 9 games was good enough to win the NFC East.

Like I said, I like him and never wanted him fired. I think the injuries this year where extremely hard to over come. It's a new season now and hopefully they can do great things.exactly my point. injuries killed us this year but we still maintain to win the east. yes 9-7 isn't that impressive. but players have bought in the system of coach coughlin

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I think when Coughlin is gone a lot of these people screaming for his head are going to sorely miss him.

SweetZombieJesus
01-04-2012, 06:30 AM
I felt there should have been a price to pay for the 2008 collapse after Plaxico shot himself... The last straw was the Eagles meltdown in 2010, there was no doubt in my mind Coughlin had to go. The no-shows in big games being the primary reason.

The problem is that he is a good coach -- sometimes -- and a clueless bystander other times. Why is it this team can beat anybody one week and then lose to a roster of flotsam the next?

IF he can win his first home playoff game next week, I'm off his back. He'll still need to work on the recurring collapses and the poor 2nd half record...

GCGiant
01-04-2012, 06:37 AM
I have been up and down with TC like a roller-coaster ride. Right now he is nearing the top of one of those hills.

If you look at the results during the period of time here, I think you have to let him decide when the time is right.

One thing I can say for certainty that the Giant game on Sunday during his time here has been responsible for some of the best entertainment I have had during that period of time.

stormblue
01-04-2012, 06:58 AM
you TC lovers are so blind.

the talent on this team sometimes rises to the
occasion despite the poor coaching staff.

i maintain that even steve spurrier would have a better record with the same players and circumstances.

trophy or no trophy , i'm still a hater.

gumby742
01-04-2012, 08:26 AM
Heh. Anytime a coach is on the hotseat that many times, SOMETHING is wrong.</P>

TC is a good coach, but his best years as a Giant coach are behind him. We need a change.Fewell needs to go as well.</P>

Making the playoffs is great and all, but short of a post season run, I still think the coaching staff needs to go.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Heh.* Anytime a coach is on the hotseat that many times, SOMETHING is wrong.</P>

TC is a good coach, but his best years as a Giant coach are behind him.* We need a change.*Fewell needs to go as well.</P>

Making the playoffs is great and all, but short of a post season run, I still think the coaching staff needs to go.</P>
Who has said that he was ever on the hot seat?? People on this MB? lol

For all we know, he was never on the "hot seat" with the Giants FO.

That being said, a home playoff win this week would go a long way toward silencing some of his critics . . . . especially against a team that, in my opinion, is better than our team

jakegibbs
01-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I felt there should have been a price to pay for the 2008 collapse after Plaxico shot himself...* The last straw was the Eagles meltdown in 2010, there was no doubt in my mind Coughlin had to go.* The no-shows in big games being the primary reason.

The problem is that he is a good coach -- sometimes -- and a clueless bystander other times.* Why is it this team can beat anybody one week and then lose to a roster of flotsam the next?

IF he can win his first home playoff game next week, I'm off his back.* He'll still need to work on the recurring collapses and the poor 2nd half record...

The answer is quite simple. When the players
execute the game plan that TC put foward the day's leading up to the game they win & when they don't they lose.

I guess you can blame it on the coaching staff for not getting the players mentally prepared enough to execute the game plan. That's one way you can lay it TC door step.

joel2424
01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Are we still blind? i guess we need a new coach regardless. after this season. Wow really Storm??

joel2424
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM

i maintain that even steve spurrier would have a better record with the same players and circumstances.

trophy or no trophy , i'm still a hater.Are we still blind? i guess we need a new coach regardless. after this season. Wow really Storm??

keith3313
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM

trophy or no trophy , i'm still a hater.Are we still blind? i guess we need a new coach regardless. after this season. Wow really Storm?? Some people are clueless. Coughlin has done damn good job

Tuckit91
01-15-2012, 10:23 PM
[:D] [H]

rick5292
01-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Heh. Anytime a coach is on the hotseat that many times, SOMETHING is wrong.</p>

TC is a good coach, but his best years as a Giant coach are behind him. We need a change.Fewell needs to go as well.</p>

Making the playoffs is great and all, but short of a post season run, I still think the coaching staff needs to go.</p>

Just one of many posts that make it EXTREMELY difficult to ever take you seriously ;0)

buddy33
01-15-2012, 10:25 PM
You can tell the players like him too.

keith3313
01-15-2012, 11:10 PM
You can tell the players like him too.yep