PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: HYNOSKI needs to be utilized this week in Green Bay

NYG4lifeNYK
01-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Not only does it open things up for others but it such easy yardage & puts us in much fewer 3rd down situations. It gets us in a rhythm & frustrates the other team...

This kid can catch a football better than our RB's.

elifan10
01-04-2012, 02:36 AM
I agree man Hynoski really can open things up and he is always open in the flats.

scf424
01-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Agreed. Dude is like a little warthog attacking defenders lmao.

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Not only does it open things up for others but it such easy yardage & puts us in much fewer 3rd down situations. It gets us in a rhythm & frustrates the other team...

What? I am pretty confident that between Cruz and Nicks the Falcons are preying that we dump it off to Hynoski.

DemandedAce
01-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Was talking to a falcon fan today and I was mentioning they had to pick their poison with us because he was only confident in grimes as CB. I told him whoever they put Robinson on is gonna go over a ghundred with at least one td and he agreed... Nicks or Cruz... And then throw in a change up with Mario and let him bust out a home run!

NYG 5
01-04-2012, 08:01 AM
keep dumping it to the flats, thats going to be the running game. if Jacobs could catch the damn ball, it would be very nice to have him and Hynoski teeing off on sissy cornerbacks trying to shoulder tackle.

those little stabs open up holes downfield. you can start play faking and pumping in that direction to freeze linebackers and corners. not every damn route has to be a hitch or corner route, killdrive.

brad
01-04-2012, 08:06 AM
It will certainly help slow down the pass rush, they will be forced to cover him, most likely with an LB which could also be used to open up a running lane. With him as an added element in the passing game it forces defenses to change their strategy to account for him.

Redzone42
01-04-2012, 08:19 AM
I love the trio of Hynoski, Ballard and Pascoe. All big guys who are tough as hell to take down. Last week was the first time I saw Eli abuse the flats like that.. He's almost always looking down field (which is great imo).

GameTime
01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
It was so good and about time that offense used the short passinggame to their advantage. Short passes thrown to Cruz as well....:)</P>

All season its like 3rd and 4 and they throw long passes. Move the chains and start again. Very happy to see that. Between Hynoski, Pascoe, and Thomas I see maybe 5 or 6 completions for some critcle 1st downs. </P>

NJ10
01-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Not only does it open things up for others but it such easy yardage &amp; puts us in much fewer 3rd down situations. It gets us in a rhythm &amp; frustrates the other team...

Yes please, where has that been all year, little dump off in the flat was wide open all day. I really hope Gilbride has that in the game plan going forward for our playoff run.

nygsb42champs
01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
It adds another weapon so keep doing it.

Joe Morrison
01-04-2012, 09:17 AM
It adds another weapon so keep doing it.</P>

They did decide to stop it in the 2nd half, don't expect the Falcons to let that play slip off the radar.</P>

JimC
01-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Totally agree....I love this pass in the flats to the fullback....lets see more of it, but be careful a bad pass can go the other way for 6.

buddy33
01-04-2012, 09:20 AM
It's good but he is slow. As long as it gets positive yardage keep doing it though.

GameTime
01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
It's good but he is slow. As long as it gets positive yardage keep doing it though.</P>

He's a fullback....of course he slow. But take a look at the first pass when he gets low on the sidelines and darts up with a great move and burstfor another 3 or 4. In the process he hits the back of Pascoe. I actually thought Pascoe got hurt there. </P>

</P>

MrDenmark
01-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I love the kid. Great attitude and a hard nosed player. And he can catch the ball, something our RBs seem to lack year after year.

miked1958
01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Not only does it open things up for others but it such easy yardage &amp; puts us in much fewer 3rd down situations. It gets us in a rhythm &amp; frustrates the other team...

</P>

agreed</P>

since55
01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
You all seem pretty certain that KD called the flat dump offs and not last minute read/changes by Eli.

If you say so.

BlueJayC
01-04-2012, 11:02 AM
People aren't gonna like this post but it's additional evidence of KG notmaximizing and getting the most ofthe talent on the roster from the get go.....</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Hynoski out of the backfield!?!?!? Where did this come from?!?!?!? What calls?!?!?!? Who knew the guy had hands?!?!?!</FONT></P>

The biggest plus on him coming out of Pitt was his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield......it just took KG 16 games to call the play more consistantly.....it's been there all year.....and every draftanalyst knew it.....not sure why it took so long for KG to realize he's solid coming out of the backfield......</P>

Pitt Tape - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4x6V31BMQ- Now tell me these pass plays don't look familiar.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Back to powerhouse football boys, Hynoski is a beast.

Him and Pascoe can get nice yardage just by driving with all that force!!

This is how I want the giants to play!

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 11:40 AM
This is a great thread. I have been saying all along since Killdrive took over that there are things he just does not exploit. This is one of them.Whether he saw the light or Eli made the play call/audible is the question (the play has been in the playbook they did it more often when Finn was here). When they did it it was utter hilarity to see the Cowboys defense have absolutely no clue where that came from. They were shocked that the Giants actually did something not yet on film, lol! So much so that it worked three friggin times for the most part!It needs to continue whoever is calling it and it needs to be changed up every now and then too. Doesn't always have to go to Hynoski/Ballard/Pascoe to the same side of the field. You can do similar with Beckum, Barden, Manningham and even Nicks and Cruz with some creative alignments. Get these freakish WR's on LB'ers and watch big play after big play occur via YAC.Use those flats baby! Heck on 3rd or 4th and 1 run Hynoski up the gut with a dive and see if that gets you a first down. If it doesn't work ok but at least you tried something different for crying out loud!</P>

Also, cool off on the Shotgun on 3rd and 3 or less. Line Eli up behind center and do something to help move the chains instead of throwing a low percentage bomb. Run the ball with Bradshaw on 3rd and 3 with Eli behind center and see what happens! My goodness what is so difficult? No one would see that coming! Heck start off in the shotgun with the shotgun draw look in short yardage and then in the last 5 seconds of the playclock, have Eli run up and line up behind center and do something creative off that like playaction. It's playoffs time and it is a tough road to win that trophy, there's no reason to hold anything back now, unleash the entire arsenal both in play calling and in personnel. Do things in practice and in the game that no one has any tape on yet. Let it loose Gilbride!</P>

Tony Bruno
01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
This is a football 101 play that only our OC is so stubborn to run... I mean we could have been doing that all season...

mfraykor
01-04-2012, 12:14 PM

Heck yeah... I was saying the same thing during the game... do it over and over if they can't stop it.... maybe it can take the place of the DRAW>>> LOL

jhamburg
01-04-2012, 12:20 PM

It's a nice change of pace over sausage fingers Hedge**** that's for sure

NYG4lifeNYK
01-13-2012, 04:44 PM
We cannot afford stalled drives or to start off slow.

Let's work Hynoski a little early &amp; open things up a bit &amp; get ourselves into a rhythm.

G-Man67
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
would be great to hit him in the flat near the end zone ... love to see guys that do the dirty work get rewarded

gumby742
01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Agreed. Dude is like a little warthog attacking defenders lmao.</P>

HAHAHAHA. That's freaking hilarious.</P>

smashndash715
01-13-2012, 05:11 PM
maybe its just me but it seems like we run the ball alot better when we dont have a fullback in the game..hes good as an option out of a playaction in the flats but for running purposes i still like to see a singleback formation