PDA

View Full Version : WOW! IF we play GB, we'll have to beat Refs too

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 03:12 AM
Watching the replay of GB vs Detroit...MY GOD, THESE WERE THE WORST CALLS BY REFS I HAVE EVER SEEN!. Again, EVERYTHING in GB favor. They messed up a video review, GAVE EVERY QUESTIONABLE CALL in favor of GB.

Titus Young had a CLEAR td, but Detroit was unable to challenge bc Shwartz had to challenge two HORRENDOUS calls that one the refs STILL messed up. They "upheld" a HORRIBLE fumble play that was given in GB favor after the fumble occurred.

Plus, ever notice how when Eli draws the opposing defense offside, or in the neutral zone, that the refs come rushing in and WONT'T EVEN GIVE US THE FREE PLAY???Well, GB HAS NO ISSUE THERE.

Seriously, the game vs us was horrible but I played it off as the refs just having a HORRENDOUS day and the refs were just bad.
After watching the Detroit GB replay, its CLEAR that if we're going to beat GB in Lambau, we'll also have to beat the refs too. DISGUSTED by the refs performances...

DemandedAce
01-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Lol I told ya, posted a thread about this on sunday but people mocked me :( but it was an awful game, like the jets again lol just a terrible game

Penguin101
01-04-2012, 07:15 AM
I saw that game as well and I have seen a few other GB games during the year. Refs have been working for GB every single game I've seen this season. But last game against Lion was probably the worst case of this BS.

Redzone42
01-04-2012, 08:30 AM
It's horrible. GB is already an amazing football team.. the NFL disgusts me. The Titus Young call was reminiscent of the Jack Ballard call too. It's ridiculous.

NYG 5
01-04-2012, 08:49 AM
and i thought the Patriots had it good

Captain Chaos
01-04-2012, 09:26 AM
They get the calls, lets hope they call a cleaner game during the post season. They surely messed up a number of calls during our game Ballard's touchdowm comes to mind!

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 09:50 AM
It really wouldnt shock me if one day we fine out the NFL is fixed like the NBA. In fact, all sports could be like this. Its all about generating money. Not sure about how they let the Chiefs beat the Pack, maybe that was the game they had the money on the opponent to really make a killing, cause in way shape or form should KC of beat the Packers. </P>

It was pretty obvious we battled the refs in the GB game, and the Jets game. And honestly, you are right about them blowing the play dead everytime Eli gets the other team to jump off sides to prevent a free play. </P>

Not sure how to feel about it. </P>

Patriots got this kind of calling the past decade. </P>

Mercury
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
The officiating crews that grade the best during the season, move on to officiate during the post season. So, by the time we face GB, if we do, it will be with one of the best ref. crews available. I don't think you will see any blatant favoritism.

Furthermore, if you don't have any questionable calls, you have nothing to worry about. So, score cleanly and leave no doubt or question about it!

Tony Bruno
01-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Lets beat ALT first... I think if we travel to GB we will have a good a chance as anyone...

I do agree about the poor officiating but it something that we will handle and prvail!!!

miked1958
01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Watching the replay of GB vs Detroit...MY GOD, THESE WERE THE WORST CALLS BY REFS I HAVE EVER SEEN!. Again, EVERYTHING in GB favor. They messed up a video review, GAVE EVERY QUESTIONABLE CALL in favor of GB. Titus Young had a CLEAR td, but Detroit was unable to challenge bc Shwartz had to challenge two HORRENDOUS calls that one the refs STILL messed up. They "upheld" a HORRIBLE fumble play that was given in GB favor after the fumble occurred. Plus, ever notice how when Eli draws the opposing defense offside, or in the neutral zone, that the refs come rushing in and WONT'T EVEN GIVE US THE FREE PLAY???Well, GB HAS NO ISSUE THERE. Seriously, the game vs us was horrible but I played it off as the refs just having a HORRENDOUS day and the refs were just bad. After watching the Detroit GB replay, its CLEAR that if we're going to beat GB in Lambau, we'll also have to beat the refs too. DISGUSTED by the refs performances...</P>

Well if you remember they got all the questionable calls and reviews in the game against us. Ballard, Driver and there were others. We didnt get any calls in that game. so why should it surprise you when same thing happened to Lions</P>

miked1958
01-04-2012, 10:19 AM
However (maybe this question should be in its own thread) lets say those calls were made correctly and we won that game. Ok. we would have been 10-6.. first question is with our record 1game up on dallas at 9wins to 8wins and having won that first game against them would they still have won the tiebreakers had they won that last game and made us both 9-7... I am thinking it still would have been a winner take all game so we didnt lose anything by losing the GB game. Also if i am wrong and we didnt need the game maybe we sit starters and dont gather the amount of momentum we just did winning that game the way we did and go in flat to playoffs.</P>

So at 10-6 we still would be behind Saints, SF and GB so our standing in playoff Picture would not have improved any with a win over GB. We still would just get the 1home game and then Travel to the in DIV playoff round. Correct? Do they use Head to Head in playoffs to decide who gets the home game or the Better Record. If it is head to head and we had beat GB would we get the Home game if we had to play them? then that would make a 14-2 season worthless. I am thinking when a team is going to clinch first round bye and Home field throughout they are looking at BEST RECORD OVERALL not head to head battles. SO i really dont think that losing that GB game cost us that much overall. </P>

And I think its better we lost that first one (just like to NE in 07) for a Moral booster then if we had won... Then the advantage would go over to GB where they would say, those guys SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEATEN US in that first matchup and we will SHOW THEM this time... SO i think the way it stands is better cause now them and SF have reason to fear us due to the fact we almost beat both of the first time around and now we are getting healther and on a roll. Neither wants to face us now i dont think.</P>

mattpl908
01-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Lets worry about the falcons first

burier
01-04-2012, 11:02 AM
does the winner of our game automatcially play GB?

Jiffy Jeff
01-04-2012, 11:13 AM
They get the calls, lets hope they call a cleaner game during the post season. They surely messed up a number of calls during our game Ballard's touchdowm comes to mind!

No doubt. Exhibit A..............