PDA

View Full Version : Do you root for or against division rivals?

Overdrive92
01-04-2012, 03:00 AM
I have a question. Do you root for or against division rivals in the Playoffs? For example, if the Eagles or Cowboys were to win the division, do you root for them in the Playoffs?

I ask this question because I have seen several Eagles and Redskins fans wishing us luck this weekend because we "represent the NFC East". Yes, they're actually rooting for us. I always root against our division rivals, even in the Playoffs, so this baffled me. Is anyone here like this? Would you root for the Cowboys or Eagles because they represent our division?

DemandedAce
01-04-2012, 03:08 AM
Nah the only team I could ever consider is the skins because I don't hate them near as much as the others. I do root for an NFC team though, tired of AFC chumps claiming they have the tougher conference. All the best QBs outside of Brady are NFC

egyptian420
01-04-2012, 03:25 AM
Yea I've noticed a lot of rival fans wishing me luck and hoping we represent the division well. I don't understand it because if the Eagles or Cowboys were in there I'd be rooting for whoever faces them.

AllDayEli10
01-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Nope, I never have and never will root for the Cowgirls, Eagles or Skins. I can't stand them all even in playoffs. I'll root for a diff team in NFC.

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Nope.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 03:33 AM
Nope. Once the Giants are out, unless there's a team left in the playoffs that intrigues me or I make some small bets to keep things interesting... I focus on my Bulls and Huskies.

titwio
01-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Honestly I don't think I've EVER rooted for the Cowboys to win a game.

I have rooted for the Skins and Eagles in playoffs past but....I usually like to keep that to myself. Of course that was only when the Giants were out of contention. Don't think I'll catch myself rooting for the Eagles ever again as long as they have Lesean McCoy....Don't know why but can't stand that guy. He's the new generation of Eagle I can't stand.

redbeardxxv
01-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Worse, If the GIANTS are out, I root for the team playing the NFCE teams, whoever they are. Then I cheer for SF if they're still in, or I cheer for AFC teams until the SB. If the SB has an NFCE team, I'm cheering AFC, if not, whatever NFC team is there.

stormblue
01-04-2012, 05:29 AM
YES !!!

i have division pride.
i also have conference pride.

the NFC EAST has won the Lombardy Trophy 11 times. thats one quarter of all the superbowls. and almost half of the NFC's 23 trophies.
if the giants win it this year that will make it 12 of 24...exactly half.

so yes ....if not my team , then a team from my
division.
if not my division ; then a team from our conference.

go giants
go nfc east
go nfc.

cowboys 5
giants 3
redskins 3
eagles 0

of course the eagles , are of absolutely no help at all.
no surprise there.

nygfanmaybe
01-04-2012, 06:31 AM
I don't know if "root" is the right word...but the only time I would pull for one is if I wanted the other one to lose. An example would be when the Eagles and Cowboys played the 1st time. I wanted the Eagles to win because the Cowboys represented more of a threat to catch us in the division.

Drez
01-04-2012, 06:32 AM
I root against them.</P>

I get the sentiment, though. If you can't be in it, root for a team from your division, as it makes your division look better and those losses to that team look not as bad, lol.</P>

But, I just can't do it.</P>

nygfanmaybe
01-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I root against them.</P>

I get the sentiment, though. If you can't be in it, root for a team from your division, as it makes your division look better and those losses to that team look not as bad, lol.</P>

But, I just can't do it.</P>

Well...unless it's under the circumstances previously mentioned...I actually hope for them to lose.

I don't want Philly to ever get a Lombardi.

I don't want Dallas to win anything because it is so much fun to watch JJ spend so much money and still get the same results. There is a word for that.

Redskins...I guess I don't despise them...but they can thank Billy Kilmer for that, and the fact that they don't represent much of a threat to anyone outside of us. It's a good thing we are the only team they can beat, though.

Redzone42
01-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Never.. I love it when the Eagles lose.. lol

krygny
01-04-2012, 08:01 AM
The only time I have ever rooted for the Cowboys or Eagles is when it helped our playoff position. Other than that, I hate both teams so much, I would never root for them. And I hate the Foreskins almost as much, just not quite as much.

I really don't know what I would do if either the Cowboys or Eagles played the Jets in a SB. Hopefully, I'll never have to face that dilemma.

GameTime
01-04-2012, 08:07 AM
you know I have rooted against the Eagles and Dallas probably more than any other team. Throw the Jets in there too. </P>

But as a fan the euphoria I have felt whentheGiantswin a championship is second to none when talking about sports. We as die hard fans take this stuff personally and we get the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. IMO every die hardfan of every team should get to feel that euphoriaat least once. As much as I like tosee JJ's face when we beat Dallas I also would never want to deprive a die hard fan of the feeling of winning it all. When it comes down to it all die hard fans are the same. They just root for a different team. Usually a product of local or family influence. </P>

I dont neccessarily root for other teams but duringthe course of a given game I would take a side for sure......</P>

nygsb42champs
01-04-2012, 08:10 AM
There is no way I would root for the Cowboys or Eagles ever.

nygfanmaybe
01-04-2012, 08:11 AM
. As much as I like to*see JJ's face when we beat Dallas I also would never want to deprive a die hard fan of the feeling of winning it all.

I'm sure there are plenty of Cowboy "die-hards" that have experienced that feeling...I think even during the JJ era. I just love the fact that the 'Boys are having to learn a little about humility.

GameTime
01-04-2012, 08:13 AM
. As much as I like tosee JJ's face when we beat Dallas I also would never want to deprive a die hard fan of the feeling of winning it all. I'm sure there are plenty of Cowboy "die-hards" that have experienced that feeling...I think even during the JJ era. I just love the fact that the 'Boys are having to learn a little about humility.</P>

Bad example since the Cowboys have won the big one before. I was speaking in general terms more than anything. </P>

JimC
01-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I do not root for any NFC east team other than the Giants unless one of the other teams winning will help the Giants.