PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic Osi/offseason Discussion

qndarius3
01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I was talking to my buddy about what the Giants need to do to improve next year. Curious what others think...

In my opinion we try to trade Osi for a top 3 round pick (If not, let him walk) and resign Kiwi (short term) to take his spot in the DE rotation.
We would then have cap flexability to resign one of our WR's long term.
We could then sign an OLB (EJ Henderson? Steven Tulloch?)
Let Ross and Grant walk. Resign TT on the cheap?

Draft OL and LB and S or TE if a stud is available (BPA/no particular order) in first 3 rounds of draft.

DE:
Kiwi/JPP/Tuck/Tolly
DT:
Austin/Canty/Linval/Rocky
LB:
(Tulloch/Henderson)/Boley/Williams/Goff/Herz
CB:
TT/Prince/Cory/Bruce Johnson
S: Antrel/KP/Sash

Thoughts?

Pakman
01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Pretty sure Paysinger is going to stay

Coach Carter
01-04-2012, 05:09 PM
I was talking to my buddy about what the Giants need to do to improve next year. Curious what others think...

In my opinion we try to trade Osi for a top 3 round pick (If not, let him walk) and resign Kiwi (short term) to take his spot in the DE rotation.

Draft OL and LB and S or TE if a stud is available (BPA/no particular order) in first 3 rounds of draft.

DE:
Kiwi/JPP/Tuck/Tolly
DT:
LB:
CB:

Thoughts?

So you think Osi and Kiwi are interchangeable?

Eli2Nicks612
01-04-2012, 05:16 PM

DE:
Kiwi/JPP/Tuck/Tolly
DT:
LB:
CB:

Thoughts?

So you think Osi and Kiwi are interchangeable?

Kiwi is much better against the run but Osi is a better pass rusher. I think that any difference in pass rushing would be made up in a more experienced JPP. When you take into account the extra pick and more cap space, then yes Osi and Kiwi are pretty interchangeable.

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 05:23 PM

DE:
Kiwi/JPP/Tuck/Tolly
DT:
LB:
CB:

Thoughts?

</P>

Not a bad projection at all. I wouldsay though Bruce Johnson is no lock to get his job back. Tryon, Witherspoonand Coe (if all healthy) will all be stiff competition for Bruce (who also has to be healthy). Tryon especially as his injury is a clean broken bone in his arm which is less difficult to return from than knee/leg injuries. T2 may not be retainable either. Definitely a big concern has to be present about that knee and with him being a free agent it is still very up in the air. Don't be surprised if they draft anothercornerback in rounds 4 (maybe even 3)andlaterwho will also be in the mix.</P>

DelawareGiants
01-04-2012, 05:35 PM
I could definitely see some of that scenario happening in the off-season. Would love to see the Giants invest early pick in OL rather than selecting "developmental" players as they have routinely done with OL. Picking near the bottom of round 1 probably won't get us stud MLB without "character issues."

There are other lots of other issues to be solved as well- like what are we doing with RB situation- I don't see Bradshaw as reliable starter for full season given his foot issues and what to do with Jacobs. Will we committ to another year with Fewell at DC or look elsewhere to solve defensive problems. Will be interesting. That's why they pay JR the big bucks!