PDA

View Full Version : "I think I'm in Brady's Class" Rank the QBs of 2011

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Now that the season is over, we can rank the QBs fully. How do you rank the top 10 QBs for the season? </P>

Here are mine:</P>

1-Aaron Rodgers:68.3%, 4643 yards, 45 TDs - 6 INTs, 122.5 QBR (15 games)
2-Drew Brees:71.2%,5476 yards, 46 TDs - 14 INTs, 110.6 QBR
3-Tom Brady:65.6%, 5235 yards, 39 TDs - 12 INTs, 105.6 QBR
4-Matt Stafford:63.5%, 5038 yards, 41 TDs - 16 INTs, 97.2 QBR
5-Eli Manning: 61.0%, 4933 yards, 29 TDs - 16 INTs, 92.9 QBR
6-Tony Romo: 66.3%, 4184 yards, 31 TDs - 10 INTs, 102.5 QBR
7-Matt Ryan:61.3%, 4177 yards, 29 TDs - 12 INTs, 92.2 QBR
8-Ben Roethlisberger:63.2%, 4077 yards, 21 TDs - 14 INTs, 90.1 QBR
9-Alex Smith:61.4%, 3150 yards, 17 TDs - 5 INTs, 90.7 QBR (
10-Cam Newton: 60.0%, 4051 yards, 21 TDs- 17 INTs, 84.5 QBR (706 yards rushing, 14 TDs)</P>

(If Peyton was playing this season, Im almost sure he would be in the top 5 again, bumping everyone down a spot.)</P>

So IMO, Eli is a Top 5 QB in the league THIS SEASON. He has broken a bunch of records and comes through time and time again in the clutch. Was he ELITE this season? Maybe... Id say the top 3-5 QBs were the elite / greatQBs this season. Please dont confuse elite with clutch. </P>

Was he in Brady's class this season. ABSOLUTELY.</P>

In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion % and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite. </P>

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Wow, just realized I put 8 NFC QBs in the top 10. Pretty week AFC QBs this season.. Flacco, Sanchez, Rivers, Orton, Dalton, Tebow, Hasselbeckall come up short IMO.

The_Derck
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Nice avatar but you forgot the "H" in With

TheAngryTuna
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw.

Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Aaron Rodger's stats are unbelievable, 45 TDs and 6 INTs LOL.

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 01:45 PM
You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw. Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.</P>

Stafford should of made the probowl instead of Eli this season. He was better in every statistic, except 4th Q TDs. But Im glad eli made it. Im sure either the Packers, Giants, or Saints will make the superbowl and Stafford will fill the spot of the QB not attending though. </P>

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.I'm a diehard Giants fan. I love this team but I'm a realist and IMO Stafford got snubbed.

eastbayblue
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree with this <font color="#0000FF">"In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion %
and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite"</font> but you have to realize the incompletions are partly due to our receivers dropping perfectly thrown passes. The interceptions also are often off of tipped or incorrectly caught balls. I think this stat is misleading.

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw. Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.</P>

Stafford should of made the probowl instead of Eli this season. He was better in every statistic, except 4th Q TDs. But Im glad eli made it. Im sure either the Packers, Giants, or Saints will make the superbowl and Stafford will fill the spot of the QB not attending though. </P>

</P>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed. It is not Eli's fault we can run for TD's 2 times better than Detroit can lol.You cannot fully go by these numbersfor the simple reason that allthe types of Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than thisand again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than runningfor whatever reason.</P>

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I agree with this <FONT color=#0000ff>"In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion % and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite"</FONT> but you have to realize the incompletions are partly due to our receivers dropping perfectly thrown passes. The interceptions also are often off of tipped or incorrectly caught balls. I think this stat is misleading.</P>

Agreed.</P>

Spizi
01-04-2012, 01:54 PM

Eli deserved it over Stafford. He had the worst rushing attack, the 6th worst defense, and 5 fourth quarter comebacks. He also lost his number 1 WR, TE, and a new stuggling oline. Add all those factors together and you can argue that no one did more with less than Eli. Also Stafford has Calvin. Are you serious?!?! I could throw 30 TDs if I was the lions QB. Just toss it up to Calvin haha.

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM

</P>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed.You cannot fully go by these numbersfor the simple reason thatthe Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than thisand again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than runningfor whatever reason.</P>

</P>

Balderdash. Stafford was better then Eli this year. I thought Stafford wouldnt be that good, but guess what, he is. I hear what you are saying, but Probowlers are either the most popular names or guys with outstanding statistics. Never do they take into consideration others performances. Thats like saying Rodgers shouldnt be there because he has great WRs and his system allows him to throw for all those TDs. </P>

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 01:56 PM

</P>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed.*You cannot fully go by these numbers*for the simple reason that*the Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than this*and again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than running*for whatever reason.</P>I don't have to read no further than your 1st sentence. You are wrong and millions of people will disagree with you. This is a Giants board, of course you feel Eli is deserving of the vote. When the votes took place, Stafford had 36 TD's and 14 picks vs Eli's 26 TD's and 16 picks.

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Eli deserved it over Stafford. He had the worst rushing attack, the 6th worst defense, and 5 fourth quarter comebacks. He also lost his number 1 WR, TE, and a new stuggling oline. Add all those factors together and you can argue that no one did more with less than Eli. Also Stafford has Calvin. Are you serious?!?! I could throw 30 TDs if I was the lions QB. Just toss it up to Calvin haha.</P>

And when voting closed, tied for the all time lead in 4th Quarter TD's for a single season.</P>

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 01:57 PM

</P>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed.*You cannot fully go by these numbers*for the simple reason that*the Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than this*and again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than running*for whatever reason.</P>

</P>

Balderdash. Stafford was better then Eli this year. I thought Stafford wouldnt be that good, but guess what, he is. I hear what you are saying, but Probowlers are either the most popular names or guys with outstanding statistics. Never do they take into consideration others performances. Thats like saying Rodgers shouldnt be there because he has great WRs and his system allows him to throw for all those TDs. </P>+1

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 01:59 PM

</P>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed.You cannot fully go by these numbersfor the simple reason thatthe Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than thisand again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than runningfor whatever reason.</P>

I don't have to read no further than your 1st sentence. You are wrong and millions of people will disagree with you. This is a Giants board, of course you feel Eli is deserving of the vote. When the votes took place, Stafford had 36 TD's and 14 picks vs Eli's 26 TD's and 16 picks.</P>

Lol ok whatever. Maybe you should read further. Is it Eli's fault that the Giants ran for twice as many TD's as the Lions at the time voting closed? There was no reason for him to throw when they can just run it in. Detroit was terrible running it in for TD's this year so naturally Stafford had to throw for more to score the TD's.Stafford also had a boat load more attempts than Eli did when voting closed.</P>

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM

</P>

</P>

Balderdash. Stafford was better then Eli this year. I thought Stafford wouldnt be that good, but guess what, he is. I hear what you are saying, but Probowlers are either the most popular names or guys with outstanding statistics. Never do they take into consideration others performances. Thats like saying Rodgers shouldnt be there because he has great WRs and his system allows him to throw for all those TDs. </P>

+1</P>

Nonsense! When voting closed Aaron had the better overall numbers in every statistical category. With Eli and Stafford all the stats except TD's were pretty much identical when voting closed. Not a good analogy at all.</P>

BornLegend

</P>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed.*You cannot fully go by these numbers*for the simple reason that*the Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than this*and again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than running*for whatever reason.</P>

I don't have to read no further than your 1st sentence. You are wrong and millions of people will disagree with you. This is a Giants board, of course you feel Eli is deserving of the vote. When the votes took place, Stafford had 36 TD's and 14 picks vs Eli's 26 TD's and 16 picks.</P>

Lol ok whatever. Maybe you should read further. Is it Eli's fault that the Giants ran for twice as many TD's as the Lions at the time voting closed? There was no reason for him to throw when they can just run it in. Detroit was terrible running it in for TD's this year so naturally Stafford had to throw for more to score the TD's.*Stafford also had a boat laod more attempts than Eli did when voting closed.</P>At the end of the day, I'm happy that Eli made it but the voting is flawed and proves why the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.

giantsfan420
not stating my opinion on eli/stafford one way or the other, but dont forget we had plenty of games where eli completed a pass and the receiver got stopped at like the 1 inch yard line. there was 3 alone in the game bradshaw got his 3 td vs buffalo.
eli could have easily had 6 more td passes if it wasnt for that 1 yd line.

imo eli is anywhere from 3-5 best in the nfl this year.
rodgers/brees/brady and then eli could be anywhere from 4th to 5th to 6th this year based on purely stats.

based on play, eli does consider some thought as to whether he even beat out brady for 3rd with what eli had to work with.

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM

</P>

Lol ok whatever. Maybe you should read further. Is it Eli's fault that the Giants ran for twice as many TD's as the Lions at the time voting closed? There was no reason for him to throw when they can just run it in. Detroit was terrible running it in for TD's this year so naturally Stafford had to throw for more to score the TD's.Stafford also had a boat laod more attempts than Eli did when voting closed.</P>

At the end of the day, I'm happy that Eli made it but the voting is flawed and proves why the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.</P>

Popularity contest? I have got news for you outside of NY,the majority of other teams' fans pretty much think Eli isjust luckyand a joke. That may change after this year but if it was all about popularity Eli would finish dead last outside of NY. If us NY fans came out full force for our guy, kudos to us but the country is big enough outside of NY to overwhelm our best efforts.</P>

DJloves
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I can't believe Rodgers' stats - 45 tds to 6 int. Unbelieveable.

I also didn't think Romo would have that high of a QBR. Hmm.

Also, can't believe Eli has had 16 INT - seems lower when I think back.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
not stating my opinion on eli/stafford one way or the other, but dont forget we had plenty of games where eli completed a pass and the receiver got stopped at like the 1 inch yard line. there was 3 alone in the game bradshaw got his 3 td vs buffalo.

rodgers/brees/brady and then eli could be anywhere from 4th to 5th to 6th this year based on purely stats.

based on play, eli does consider some thought as to whether he even beat out brady for 3rd with what eli had to work with.Eli has Cruz, Nicks, Manningham, Bradshaw, Ballard and Jacobs. Tom has Welker, GronkowskI, a few old receivers and some other guys... I don't even know who their runningback is.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 02:07 PM

</P>

Lol ok whatever. Maybe you should read further. Is it Eli's fault that the Giants ran for twice as many TD's as the Lions at the time voting closed? There was no reason for him to throw when they can just run it in. Detroit was terrible running it in for TD's this year so naturally Stafford had to throw for more to score the TD's.*Stafford also had a boat laod more attempts than Eli did when voting closed.</P>

At the end of the day, I'm happy that Eli made it but the voting is flawed and proves why the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest.</P>

Popularity contest? I have got news for you outside of NY,*the majority of other teams' fans pretty much think Eli is*just lucky*and a joke. That may change after this year but if it was all about popularity Eli would finish dead last outside of NY. If us NY fans came out full force for our guy, kudos to us but the country is big enough outside of NY to overwhelm our best efforts.</P>Well maybe they voted him in thinking he might go on a lil magical run. They didn't wanna look foolish again.

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 02:11 PM

based on play, eli does consider some thought as to whether he even beat out brady for 3rd with what eli had to work with.Eli has Cruz, Nicks, Manningham, Bradshaw, Ballard and Jacobs. Tom has Welker, GronkowskI, a few old receivers and some other guys... I don't even know who their runningback is.

welker-second best wr in the league this year
gronkowski-broke every receiving te stat
hernandez-as good as gronk imo but 2nd to him on the depth chart, still killed it this year
branch-kind of like NE version of our Steve Smith when he was healthy. He's always where Brady thinks he is, he holds a couple SB records.
OchoCinco doesnt even play much bc NE has weapons everywhere. the TE they play provides a nightmare for any d.

How much more yards and TD's do u think we'd have if we had Gronk and Hernandez lining up with Cruz/Nicks?

im not saying ur wrong just saying its worth noting.

edit-and i think its kind of funny ud use jacobs/bradshaw/ballard in comparison to what NE has...

repeatchamps
01-04-2012, 02:11 PM

</P>

Lol ok whatever. Maybe you should read further. Is it Eli's fault that the Giants ran for twice as many TD's as the Lions at the time voting closed? There was no reason for him to throw when they can just run it in. Detroit was terrible running it in for TD's this year so naturally Stafford had to throw for more to score the TD's.Stafford also had a boat laod more attempts than Eli did when voting closed.</P>

Popularity contest? I have got news for you outside of NY,the majority of other teams' fans pretty much think Eli isjust luckyand a joke. That may change after this year but if it was all about popularity Eli would finish dead last outside of NY. If us NY fans came out full force for our guy, kudos to us but the country is big enough outside of NY to overwhelm our best efforts.</P>

Well maybe they voted him in thinking he might go on a lil magical run. They didn't wanna look foolish again.</P>

Perhaps. We can never know unless we become mind-readers. I think Eli got in because it was clear that hewould've been probably the league MVP in a normal year (considering he had a last ranked defense and last ranked running game and all the comebacks and 4th Quarter TD's)but considering what Brady, Rogers and Brees have done with somepretty bad defenses and running games tooit is impossible to give it to Eli over them so the Pro-Bowl isthe consolation prize people gave him.</P>

Redeyejedi
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM

Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.Stafford is a really good QB, with a rocket for an arm.Detroit just couldnt keep him upright till this year.

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 02:14 PM
top ten?

1. rodgers
2. brady
3. e. manning
4. brees (i'm a hater, and put him on the giants and eli is superior.)
5. ben
6. stafford
7. romo
8. dalton (what he did with the bengals as a rookie with rookies around him is incredible)
9. ryan
10. a. smith (he did his job this year, played mistake free ball, got a first round bye in the playoffs, and silenced his critics. good enough for the top ten in my opinion)

honorable mention: cam newton (this kid is going to be great)

yatitle
01-04-2012, 02:15 PM
You know what's really sad? Cam Newton has more rushing yards than Bradshaw. Also I had no idea Stafford had that good of a season. 41 TD's, 16 INT and 5,000 yards, that is a great season.</p>

Stafford should of made the probowl instead of Eli this season. He was better in every statistic, except 4th Q TDs. But Im glad eli made it. Im sure either the Packers, Giants, or Saints will make the superbowl and Stafford will fill the spot of the QB not attending though. </p>

</p>

Disagree. The glaringly different stat is really only TD's but this is really only due to the fact the Giants had twice as many rushing TD's than Detroit. If the Giants chose to pass for TD's more often down in the green zone, Eli would probably have as many TD's as Stafford when the voting closed.You cannot fully go by these numbersfor the simple reason thatthe Pro Bowl voting closes 2 games before the season ends. If you look at it when the voting closed it is closer than thisand again Detroit was forced to pass for more TD's than runningfor whatever reason.</p>

</p>

Balderdash. Stafford was better then Eli this year. I thought Stafford wouldnt be that good, but guess what, he is. I hear what you are saying, but Probowlers are either the most popular names or guys with outstanding statistics. Never do they take into consideration others performances. Thats like saying Rodgers shouldnt be there because he has great WRs and his system allows him to throw for all those TDs. </p>

Everyone gets so caught up with the numbers these dome QBs put up (certainly includes Brees'). Stafford played 11 games in a dome, 1 in Tampa and 1 in Oakland. I'm not saying he didn't have a great year but you have to curve the numbers against guys that play outdoors. That's why Rogers' numbers are OFF THE CHARTS.

TroyArcher
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Aaron Rodger's stats are unbelievable, 45 TDs and 6 INTs LOL.</P>

And he is the second best QB on his team. </P>

JPP
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Pretty sure rosters were announced before the last game and Stafford threw 500 yards and a couple TD's against a porous GB defense on the last game of the season with nothing to lose. I'd say Eli deserved it just as much, if you want to use hindsight but like I said the GB defens is worst in the league and the Lions had nothing riding on this game while Eli had a must win and couldn't go around chucking the ball up hoping for no interceptions.

TroyArcher
01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Brees and Stafford play most of their games in Domes. Something you have to take into account.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 02:31 PM

hernandez-as good as gronk imo but 2nd to him on the depth chart, still killed it this year
branch-kind of like NE version of our Steve Smith when he was healthy. He's always where Brady thinks he is, he holds a couple SB records.
OchoCinco doesnt even play much bc NE has weapons everywhere. the TE they play provides a nightmare for any d.

How much more yards and TD's do u think we'd have if we had Gronk and Hernandez lining up with Cruz/Nicks?

edit-and i think its kind of funny ud use jacobs/bradshaw/ballard in comparison to what NE has...I know all about Branch's records. I watched, enjoyed and rooted for the Pats like they were the Giants when they beat the Eagles in that SB.

I think Ballard has been a pleasant surprise and Bear has been serviceable. Who knows what kind of production we would get out of Gronkowski or Hernandez if they were here... maybe they're system players.

I think one thing Eli has going for him in aspects to Brady, he works well with what he has... I would say he makes players around him better, maybe players like Ballard, Bear or Hynoski but judging by Cruz's preseason last year, I think he was poised to be a playmaker regardless.

As far as Brady, he's been doing it for years making average to good players into stars, David Patten & Branch to name a few. You put some of the Pats players in different systems and they disappear, never to be heard from again.

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM

edit-and i think its kind of funny ud use jacobs/bradshaw/ballard in comparison to what NE has...I know all about Branch's records. I watched, enjoyed and rooted for the Pats like they were the Giants when they beat the Eagles in that SB.

I think Ballard has been a pleasant surprise and Bear has been serviceable. Who knows what kind of production we would get out of Gronkowski or Hernandez if they were here... maybe they're system players.

I think one thing Eli has going for him in aspects to Brady, he works well with what he has... I would say he makes players around him better, maybe players like Ballard, Bear or Hynoski but judging by Cruz's preseason last year, I think he was poised to be a playmaker regardless.

As far as Brady, he's been doing it for years making average to good players into stars, David Patten & Branch to name a few. You put some of the Pats players in different systems and they disappear, never to be heard from again.
+1
i was just noting that there are a ton of factors when comparing qb's, in some areas i feel eli trumps brady but in other areas brady is clearly superior.

but, if a qb can be compared to brady and it isnt a complete joke, that qb is doing something right. brady is one of the best qb's of all time.

burier
01-04-2012, 02:53 PM

+1
i was just noting that there are a ton of factors when comparing qb's, in some areas i feel eli trumps brady but in other areas brady is clearly superior.

but, if a qb can be compared to brady and it isnt a complete joke, that qb is doing something right. brady is one of the best qb's of all time.

The problem with the Superstars in the league and the "legends" are that they get to certain point where they are beyond critisizm from the media and so fans who don't watch the player regularly assume the player is perfect.

Couple this with the highlight shows and what you get a skewed perception if certain players.

I live in Boston. My whole family are Pats fans. I've had Giants games preempted by Pats games. I see Brady play every week.

He's not a perfect quarterback. He's praised like he is but he isn't.

In the top teir of QBs I'd say he's the least moblie. He shows good movement in the "phonebooth" but he really can't get away from from a guy whos beaten a block ala say Tony Romo who got away from our guys a bunch sunday.

Brady doesn't really get rattled by "perceived pressure" but once you start actually hitting him he beings to make really poor throws and stars throwing it to the wrong team.

I've never once heard Brady critisized for those flaws in his game but they are there.

I won't hold the SB against him as in that game he didn't turn the ball over and really took a beat down. But we can refrence our game this year where the persistant pressure forced him to make errant throws.

Also the reason the Pats got bounced from the playoffs last season was because Brady couldn't handle the pressure the Jets were putting on him.

It just pisses me off because I know Eli isn't perfect but it seems like there's always a line around the block for people to point out his interceptions or footwork or "decision making" but these other guys get a pass.

nygsb42champs
01-04-2012, 02:55 PM
I have a hard time putting Alex Smith in the top 10.

JMFP2
01-04-2012, 03:40 PM
The postseason is also going to go a long way to sorting out the best QBs this year.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Stafford is not even close to being better than Eli....

JMFP2
01-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Stafford is not even close to being better than Eli....

I'm really looking forward to watching Stafford v. Brees next weekend.

Could be quite the upset.

jomo
01-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Now that the season is over, we can rank the QBs fully. How do you rank the top 10 QBs for the season? </P>

10-Cam Newton: 60.0%, 4051 yards, 21 TDs- 17 INTs, 84.5 QBR (706 yards rushing, 14 TDs)</P>

(If Peyton was playing this season, Im almost sure he would be in the top 5 again, bumping everyone down a spot.)</P>

So IMO, Eli is a Top 5 QB in the league THIS SEASON. He has broken a bunch of records and comes through time and time again in the clutch. Was he ELITE this season? Maybe... Id say the top 3-5 QBs were the elite / greatQBs this season. Please dont confuse elite with clutch. </P>

In order for Eli to be top 3 elite though, he needs a higher completion % and a better TD to INT ratio. More TDs are needed to be elite. </P>

This is a good analysis. </P>

As a statistics freak, it would be interesting to me if the completion percentages were normalized to account for the number of drops from one team to another. For example we know that the Giants were #2 in the league in dropped passes. That means that Eli would show better with normalized numbers. The question is: "how much better."?</P>

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 04:35 PM
So far only 1 person followed directions. To that poster, I thank you.</P>

Some of you only exist to be controversal and argue. It's pathetic. </P>

</P>

</P>

G-Blue
01-04-2012, 04:47 PM
"As far as Brady, he's been doing it for years making average to good players into stars, David Patten & Branch to name a few. You put some of the Pats players in different systems and they disappear, never to be heard from again."

Sounds like Steve Smith, Kevin Boss..

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Stafford is a hell of a QB.

BTW, why is everyone so shocked about Rodgers going 45-6 (TD-INT)?

Didnt Brady go 50-8 in 07?

Last time I checked that's more impressive.

*EDIT* well maybe not...lol...I think Rodgers has a higher TD-INT ratio than Brady's 07 season...my bad...lol

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM

1-Aaron Rodgers:*******68.3%, 4643 yards, 45 TDs - 6 INTs, 122.5 QBR (15 games)
2-Drew Brees:************71.2%,*5476 yards, 46 TDs - 14 INTs, 110.6 QBR
3-Tom Brady:*************65.6%, 5235 yards, 39 TDs - 12 INTs, 105.6 QBR***
4-Matt Stafford:**********63.5%, 5038 yards, 41 TDs - 16 INTs, 97.2 QBR**
5-Eli Manning:************ 61.0%, 4933 yards, 29 TDs - 16 INTs, 92.9 QBR
6-Tony Romo:************ 66.3%, 4184 yards, 31 TDs - 10 INTs, 102.5 QBR
7-Matt Ryan:***************61.3%, 4177 yards, 29 TDs - 12 INTs, 92.2 QBR
8-Ben Roethlisberger:**63.2%, 4077 yards, 21 TDs - 14 INTs, 90.1 QBR
9-Alex Smith:**************61.4%, 3150 yards, 17 TDs - 5 INTs, 90.7 QBR (
10-Cam Newton:******** 60.0%, 4051 yards, 21 TDs- 17 INTs, 84.5 QBR (706 yards rushing, 14 TDs)</P>

So IMO, Eli is a Top 5 QB in the league THIS SEASON. He has broken a bunch of records and comes through time and time again in the clutch. Was he ELITE this season? Maybe... Id say the top 3-5 QBs were the elite / great*QBs this season. Please dont confuse elite with clutch. </P>

Agree with your list but I'd put Newton over Smith

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 05:37 PM

Agree with your list but I'd put Newton over Smith</P>

I would, but Smith's TD-INT ratio is much better. Plus the fact his team was 13-3, while Cam's was only 6-10. Smith was the better QB this season even if he was limited with what he was allowed to do. Do I think in time Cam will be better the Smith, no doubt. Once Cam figures out how to limit those INTs, sky is the limit with that kid. What a beast. </P>

Firenugget
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Stafford had 74 more pass attempts...That has to be considered if you're only going on stats. Thats a full two games worth, plus he's a dome QB.

I'd agree with Tuckyou in the ranking except I'd swap Eli and Stafford.

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Stafford had 74 more pass attempts...That has to be considered if you're only going on stats. Thats a full two games worth, plus he's a dome QB.

</P>

Ok. Well he threw the same amount of INTs in 74 more attempts as well. Also, he threw 11 more TDs in 74 attemps. Thats a TD every 6.5 attempts. 11 TDs is more then 2 games worth.</P>

I have no problem flip flopping on Stafford though. Ill keep him at 4 and Eli at 5, but understand if people feel the opposite. Its the ones saying Brees isnt as good as Eli that get me. Blind homerism.</P>

Firenugget
01-04-2012, 08:20 PM

</p>

Ok. Well he threw the same amount of INTs in 74 more attempts as well. Also, he threw 11 more TDs in 74 attemps. Thats a TD every 6.5 attempts. 11 TDs is more then 2 games worth.</p>

I have no problem flip flopping on Stafford though. Ill keep him at 4 and Eli at 5, but understand if people feel the opposite. Its the ones saying Brees isnt as good as Eli that get me. Blind homerism.</p>

I see the logic and yeah, even though I'd swap those two I could see not swapping them just as easy. Personally I'm just happy as hell that we even get to have this conversation, rather than "what QB are we drafting?" lol.