PDA

View Full Version : Falcon's Analyst Assessment of the Giants.

nycisgreat
01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I thought that it would nice to share one the local Falcon analyst's assessment of the Giant that I found on the Falcon website. I thought this guys was completely off when talking about our offense.

Tell what me you think.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3939037-football-gameplans-nfc-wild-card-preview-video-atl-vs-nyg/

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 02:32 PM
did he really say the giants arent a vertical passing team?
does he even watch the opposing teams before he makes a report?

but i do have to say he was pretty solid in discussing other aspects of our team.

fansince69
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
he says the Giants are NOT a vertical passing team? that kind of surprises me...they are the only team I have ever seen that 3rd and 1 goes deep consistently.

jjj45
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM

but i do have to say he was pretty solid in discussing other aspects of our team.That makes his pick of the Falcons moot. He points out how the Falcons run the ball well. And how we struggle against the run. Well, Dallas runs the ball well too. They couldn't do anything because we jumped on em quickly, forcing them to throw more. How did we do it? Ding ding throwing the ball down the field.

What do the Falcons struggle with? The deep ball. They won't have a chance to get the ground game going if we start fast and get a lead.

Giantsin04
01-04-2012, 02:46 PM

but i do have to say he was pretty solid in discussing other aspects of our team.

I guess that I don't need to waste time copy/pasting this link. Thanks. Not vertical??/?

nycisgreat
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
That guy is a complete homer. The giants are high on the list of pass plays over 20 and 40 yds. I am not sure what he is talking about. He made mention that he watch a lot of Giants game. Obviously that isn't the case.

He is absolutely right about us playing zone. The last two games of the season we didn't play to much zone.

Sundown
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
This analyst sounds clueless like the fans. It'll be close but the gmen will wrap this up in the 4th.

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I just think his evaluation was dumb. He obviously doesn't know much about this team.

Giantz4Life
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Doesn't Eli lead all NFL QBs in pass plays of over 40 yards? lol I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere earlier this year.

nygsb42champs
01-04-2012, 02:57 PM
I question how much he has seen the Giants if he thinks they are not a vertical team.

DragonSoul
01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I thought that it would nice to share one the local Falcon analyst's assessment of the Giant that I found on the Falcon website. I thought this guys was completely off when talking about our offense.

Tell what me you think.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3939037-football-gameplans-nfc-wild-card-preview-video-atl-vs-nyg/once he said the giants do not attack vertically down the field I stopped watching.

nycisgreat
01-04-2012, 03:18 PM

Tell what me you think.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3939037-football-gameplans-nfc-wild-card-preview-video-atl-vs-nyg/once he said the giants do not attack vertically down the field I stopped watching.

Believe me. I felt the same way too, but I watch the entire clip because I thought he was funny. I am homer when it comes to the Giants, but I can also be objective. Paul Datino covers the Giants, and and he is a complete homer when it comes to the Giants, but he is brutally honest in post game reports. I can respect that. The guy in the video is clueless.

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Doesn't Eli lead all NFL QBs in pass plays of over 40 yards? lol I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere earlier this year.

yes u r correct. i think its not even close either, like he has 7 or 8 more 40 yd passes or more than the 2nd qb of 40 yd passes

giantpride84
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
he also says matt ryan isnt as scary as tony romo in the sense that he doesnt flinch at pressure and will stay in the pocket n take the hit to get the ball out.. now i dont really like romo but i think hes alot better than matt ryan and scarier in the sense of being more dangerous

scf424
01-04-2012, 04:38 PM
It's a one sided, borderline homer argument.

They obviously watched maybe one Giants game, and got the rest of their information watching NFL Live maybe twice a week.

Denaliman316
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Sounds like the posters on their boards. Pure homers.

Sundown
01-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Been listening to sports radio in Atlanta today and wow, these guys are clueless too. Guys think we played man all season and think we have no safties. So much of a change when fewell simplifies the D!!

jjj45
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Sounds like the posters on their boards. Pure homers.Agreed. None of them are scared of Eli. Think Ryan is tons better

And the only threat they think the Giants have is Cruz.

What?

Can't wait till Nicks reintroduces himself.

Drez
01-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah, this guy is pretty much a dumbass. He's not a Falcon fan, though. He does these videos for other games/teams, too. I've seen them on the Seahawks boards and maybe a couple others, too.