PDA

View Full Version : After watching some Julio Jones highlights

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
who's gonna cover him????

The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot...

If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming?

AARON ROSS???

Should I pray?

Giantz4Life
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I mentioned this in another thread. That is a scary match-up to think about we may need to double him at certain times.

Man I really miss T2

titwio
01-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Should I pray?

Wouldn't hurt.

TheEnigma
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
We'll have to double him probably.

That said, it'll be like a minor version of Megatron. Put two guys on him and get on your knees and pray the QB sucks at throwing that day.

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Ross I bet, unfortunately

miked1958
01-04-2012, 04:33 PM
who's gonna cover him???? The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot... If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming? AARON ROSS??? Should I pray?</P>

Oh we are in trouble there, trust me. I watched him in person all 4 years of his HighSchool Career when he played at Foley, Alabama. He was a rival school to where my kids went. He was a MAN among boys. </P>

I also watched him like everyone else while he was at Bama where he won a NC Title with the Crimson Tide. It was nice cheering for a team that had him on it with his BIG PLAY Breakaway ability. Now its back to routing against him which usually doesnt go so well.
The kid didnt have a whole lot of smarts while in HS couldnt speak a full sentence but may have made up for it in college, i dont know. </P>

However you are right, he will be a matchup NIGHTMARE for us</P>

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 04:39 PM
who's gonna cover him???? The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot... If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming? AARON ROSS??? Should I pray?</P>

Oh we are in trouble there, trust me. I watched him in person all 4 years of his HighSchool Career when he played at Foley, Alabama. He was a rival school to where my kids went. He was a MAN among boys. </P>

I also watched him like everyone else while he was at Bama where he won a NC Title with the Crimson Tide. It was nice cheering for a team that had him on it with his BIG PLAY Breakaway ability. Now its back to routing against him which usually doesnt go so well.
The kid didnt have a whole lot of smarts while in HS couldnt speak a full sentence but may have made up for it in college, i dont know. </P>

oh boy...Ross better eat his wheaties...

but then again, its all gonna come down to our pass rush...if we can get to Ryan early and often, then that should negate Jones' impact...

still...its scary to think about.

TheEnigma
01-04-2012, 04:40 PM
One thing Mayock said that's a good strategy against Megatron (and we could use it here) is to disguise the coverage so that Matty Ice doesn't think that Julio will be an adequate option. Have him look to Roddy and his other WR's instead.

Kase-1
01-04-2012, 04:41 PM
who's gonna cover him????

The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot...

If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming?

AARON ROSS???

Should I pray?Thats the biggest thing that scares the crap out of me about the Falcons

We NEED to attack Ryan hard n fast

BrianK
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
JPP TUCK OSI CANTY

miked1958
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM

oh boy...Ross better eat his wheaties... but then again, its all gonna come down to our pass rush...if we can get to Ryan early and often, then that should negate Jones' impact... still...its scary to think about.</P>

yep saw alot of his HS and some College Games up close and personal and the kid is Scary. I was actually hoping the Gmen would draft him after seeing him down here for so long and in Senior Bowl. We have passed over alot of great talent over the years cause alot of the times we draft for position which is a good thing but sometimes u should go for best on the board regardless of needs. </P>

we could have had Mark Ingram which is Starring for the Saints this season and we passed over him for Prince. I dont know exactly where Julio went but i think he was picked up well before we came on the clock.</P>

Denaliman316
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah I think jamming him is the best strategy. The game plan should be the same one we used against New England.

I mean they have Welker and Gronkowski.

They have Jones and Gonzo.

The difference is it's Matt Ryan, not Tom Brady and they will be out in the windy cold Meadowlands with possibly rain. They know we're going to focus on Turner so I expect them to air it out early.

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM

oh boy...Ross better eat his wheaties... but then again, its all gonna come down to our pass rush...if we can get to Ryan early and often, then that should negate Jones' impact... still...its scary to think about.</P>

yep saw alot of his HS and some College Games up close and personal and the kid is Scary. I was actually hoping the Gmen would draft him after seeing him down here for so long and in Senior Bowl. We have passed over alot of great talent over the years cause alot of the times we draft for position which is a good thing but sometimes u should go for best on the board regardless of needs. </P>

we could have had Mark Ingram which is Starring for the Saints this season and we passed over him for Prince. I dont know exactly where Julio went but i think he was picked up well before we came on the clock.</P>

Falcons traded their life insurances and mortgages for him at the 6th pick...lol...

At the time everyone laughed at the stupidity of trading up so high for a WR when they had much more pressing needs at the time but its sure paying off now...

Giantz4Life
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah I think jamming him is the best strategy. The game plan should be the same one we used against New England.

The difference is it's Matt Ryan, not Tom Brady and they will be out in the windy cold Meadowlands with possibly rain. They know we're going to focus on Turner so I expect them to air it out early.

A huge difference is Wes Welker and Julio Jones and the physicality of Jones. No problem jamming little baby Welker, but Julio Jones is a freak specimen of size and speed.

All about that pass rush baby!

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
JPP TUCK OSI CANTY

this.

also, and i know this isnt probable, but maybe just maybe Prince has a helluva week practicing and he gets his shot to match up on Jones 1 v 1.

for all this talk of who we double and who covers who...i honestly think we wont double as much, run zones, and keep both safeties back on passing downs shadowing both guys.

guy to watch out for then is Gonzo. Boley needs to have a big game.

Call me crazy, and i know jones/white are very talented, but i dont think its anything we cant handle. i prefer when its two great wr's opposed to 4 or 5 good wr's like GB.

we know its going to go to 3 players, Jones, White, Gonzo. I expect a lot of zone coverages, and on man, we'll have our zones bracket both and hope boley can keep up with gonzo, which i think athletically he can.

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM

A huge difference is Wes Welker and Julio Jones and the physicality of Jones. No problem jamming little baby Welker, but Julio Jones is a freak specimen of size and speed.

i've read a lot from players that welker is actually tough to jam bc he gives the db such a small target zone. jones is huge, he leaves a big target for the db to punch/jam. not worried about that aspect much at all.

Kingb50
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM
2 words "FRONT FOUR" Put alot ofheat on Matty Ice and see if he melts

Giantz4Life
01-04-2012, 05:05 PM

i've read a lot from players that welker is actually tough to jam bc he gives the db such a small target zone. jones is huge, he leaves a big target for the db to punch/jam. not worried about that aspect much at all.

Makes sense but the size and strength of Jones still worries me against Ross. He will definitely need some back up.

Denaliman316
01-04-2012, 05:06 PM
There was a vid on NFL.com that asked "How to stop Megatron".

Someone mentioned that Jones was Megatron Jr.

The analyst had an interesting take. Basically what he says was have the QB looking to someone else. Almost a bait. It is a bit dangerous but you eliminate the big play and alter the QBs pre game strategy.

The main thing is going to be sure tackling and forcing him into traffic and yes doing the best you can to jam him.

Boley used to be a Falcon so he should be able to change things up and know some of their tendencies.

TheEnigma
01-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Boley used to be a Falcon so he should be able to change things up and know some of their tendencies.He should be able to help us with the other WR's but he's never played on a team with Julio :P

Sundown
01-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Most of his highlights are deep routes which would mean Matty had time to throw the rock. Good pressure all game will minimize the deep ball. Personally I think webby will be on Jones Ross on White. Roddy may have over a 100yds but it will nickel and dime catches, like 10 catches for 100yds. If jones has 3-4 catches for buck 50 then we'll lose this game.

Gonzo88
01-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Falcons fan here, not here to cause trouble just good football talk.

Jones really is scary good. He has dropped the easy pass here and there but then again he is a rookie. The things he does to catch a deep ball is incredible and what he does for yac is what really impresses me. He is someone that must be gang tackled.

Both Jones and Roddy are really big guys and no team has had success against jamming them. I heard NFL Network comparing him to Andre Johnson and another poster saying megatron (couldnt pick two better wr in the league to compare him to)

If you double Jones we will take Roddy 1 on 1 coverage all day. He is the leading receiver on our team and will move the chains all day.

The best way to stop Julio is get to Ryan. I've watched it all year as soon as he gets pressured he gets happy feet and mistakes happen. Our o-line has been great since week 4 only allowing 13 sacks. 13 sacks came within the first 3 games!

But JPP, Osi, Tuck, and Canty scare the crap out of me. We have held our own against some great pass rushers but none have had 4 guys that can get to the QB like the giants.

Really hope it turns out to be a good game. And to update people the weather looks like 10% chance of precipitation now. So the playing field should be even.

TheEnigma
01-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey Gonzo, how's it going?

I think if the Falcons want to win, they are going to have to win the battle of TOP, especially in the 4th quarter. You don't want to enter shootout mode with the Giants when we have the most clutch QB this season. So if I was Mike Mularkey, I'd neutralize some of the Giants pass rush with some screen plays and runs to Turner and mix in play action passes to Julio and Roddy. Of course, throw in Gonzalez when you are in a do or die moment. I think they key battle will be Turner vs the Giants defense.

IamGiantsfan
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM

Falcons traded their life insurances and mortgages for him at the 6th pick...lol...

At the time everyone laughed at the stupidity of trading up so high for a WR when they had much more pressing needs at the time but its sure paying off now...
yup they went from 13-3, to 10-6 sure paid off...

Itlan
01-04-2012, 05:47 PM
The middle of the field is going to be WIDE open all game long, basically KP & Webby vs. Roddy and Rolle & Ross vs. Julio, which leaves Tony, Douglas, and Turner 1-on-1.

This is a match-up nightmare lmao.

Gonzo88
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM

I think if the Falcons want to win, they are going to have to win the battle of TOP, especially in the 4th quarter. You don't want to enter shootout mode with the Giants when we have the most clutch QB this season. So if I was Mike Mularkey, I'd neutralize some of the Giants pass rush with some screen plays and runs to Turner and mix in play action passes to Julio and Roddy. Of course, throw in Gonzalez when you are in a do or die moment. I think they key battle will be Turner vs the Giants defense.

Hey Engigma... great points but we are terrible at screens. When you mention screens to Mularky he thinks of the thing in front of your door.

The falcons dont tend to like shootouts. We have always been a T.O.P team and is usually how we beat most teams. Its not very often you watch the falcons blow out a team (forget last weeks bucs game).

Both Matty and Eli both have that 4th qtr spark that if down by 7 you are actually excited to watch them because you know whats about to happen. Last year Ryan had 5 or so late 4th qtr comebacks and Eli has 6(i think) this year. So if the game is within 7 either way I want my QB to have the ball with 2 minutes to go!

But I think who ever wins the turnover battle wins the game. It should be a close game and those type of mistakes will decide the game.

Gonzo88
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Hey Engigma... great points but we are terrible at screens. When you mention screens to Mularky he thinks of the thing in front of your door.

The falcons dont tend to like shootouts. We have always been a T.O.P team and is usually how we beat most teams. Its not very often you watch the falcons blow out a team (forget last weeks bucs game).

Both Matty and Eli both have that 4th qtr spark that if down by 7 you are actually excited to watch them because you know whats about to happen. Last year Ryan had 5 or so late 4th qtr comebacks and Eli has 6(i think) this year. So if the game is within 7 either way I want my QB to have the ball with 2 minutes to go!

But I think who ever wins the turnover battle wins the game. It should be a close game and those type of mistakes will decide the game.

Gonzo88
01-04-2012, 05:54 PM
yup they went from 13-3, to 10-6 sure paid off...

True but also had a much harder schedule this year than last year. Our team is definitely better than last years team although the record doesnt show it. Last year our entire offense was pretty much based around how roddy white played that game.

miken609
01-04-2012, 06:02 PM
IIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKK this guy is larry fitzgerald combined with usian bolt. well never stop him.

Gonzo88
01-04-2012, 06:07 PM
IIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKK this guy is larry fitzgerald combined with usian bolt. well never stop him.

Well he did run a 4.39 on a broken foot....

Axels15
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM

Ingram is "starring" for the Saints??

LOL

He's now on IR, missed multiple games, and finished the season with less than 400 yards, and five TDs.

wow, we really missed out on another injury prone RB

Prince was the definition of value pick at that spot

GameTime
01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
what good passing game hasnt given the Giants trouble....</P>

this is just more of the same that they have faced all season. Torched by Romo twice but won anyway for example.</P>

This game will be decided by Eli, the Giants O, and the Giants DL.....both pass rush and run stop.</P>

Axels15
01-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Torched by Romo once - I wouldnt say what he did sunday was "Torching"

It was good, but nothing amazing.

They also did pretty well against Brady for most of the game

jomo
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
If this freak of nature as you call him was that dominant, the Falcons would be 16-0. They faced very few (if any) defenses playing the way we are playing right now and yet, they couldn't even win their division. Hmmmmmmmm. Didn't they lost to Tampa Bay? Taking nothing away from the Falcons or Jones, I am willing to wait and see what PF dials up with our galaxy of defensive weapons. We'll be alright. </P>

Gentlemen, (on the defensive front) start your engines!! GoBlue!</P>

FalcnDave
01-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm a life long Falcon fan who moved to Upstate NY 4 years ago. It is strange that the only sustained winning the Falcons have done was after I left the state!

Anyway, the answer to Jones is simple. Get pressure on Matt. That is my fear. You won't generally force Ryan into many mistakes, but he will give up on plays at the first sign of trouble and throw the ball away.

Personally, I'm hoping for significant rain. I'd love to see this become a ground war. We don't bring pressure, and Eli is scary when you let him stand on the spot.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't think its all about the pass rush as it is to stoping Matt Ryan and the WR's because if they do then Micheal Turner will have a huge day and Eli won't see much time. I think to beat the Falcons you have to make them score FG's and not TDs like the Saints did a few weeks ago.

flimflam
01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
How are the Foulcons going to cover Nicks and Cruz?

miked1958
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I know he is good was a fan of his while he played for Bama and his enemy when he played for foley

appodictic
01-05-2012, 12:24 AM
ryan was on my fantasy team. he barely had a big game. so why would i worry about his "unstopable" receivers?

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 12:27 AM
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m212/thomasnine/JULIOJONES.gif

This shows some of his athleticism. Freak of nature.

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Id actually rather see webster on Jones and double white, but as usual we will see a mixture of coverages and hopefully a ton of pressure. Im guessing gonzalez as good as he is see's a lot of one on one - so boley and jwill are gonna have to bring their a games.

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 01:31 AM
I actually believe Boley matches up pretty well with Gonzales. The weapon to watch for on the Falcons this week... WR Harry Douglas. He's the slot receiver, and he has the capability of having a monster game.

HAMMERHEDD
01-05-2012, 01:44 AM
The key, I think, will be if the pressure the Giants bring results in turnovers. If the pressure results in just putting Ryan out of rhythm here and there without any game-changing sack/fumble/score type plays, the Giants will get burnt.

I expect Eli to be clutch.

BlueBlooded1979
01-05-2012, 02:01 AM
Id actually rather see webster on Jones and double white, but as usual we will see a mixture of coverages and hopefully a ton of pressure. Im guessing gonzalez as good as he is see's a lot of one on one - so boley and jwill are gonna have to bring their a games.

Webby is the most physical CB on the roster. He will probably get Jones.

Atlanta is going to run a lot of 2/3 man routes with 8/7 in protection. The last thing they want to to try and block Big Blues front four with 5 or 6 guys. You may not see ATL with an empty backfield all night long.

Fewell will play zone all night long and try to not get beat deep. He has no problem giving up yards slowly and hoping the DL makes a play or the offense makes a mistake.

TheEnigma
01-05-2012, 05:48 AM
@SoCalFalcon

That's just nuts dude. Not many players can get that high off of the ground and then come down with a landing like that.

Firenugget
01-05-2012, 05:56 AM
@SoCalFalcon

That's just nuts dude. Not many players can get that high off of the ground and then come down with a landing like that.

He's only like 2-3 feet off the ground... The angle (and slomo) makes it look alot more impressive than it is. Just about every WR in the NFL can do what he did.

Having said that, he is a playmaker though and I just hope to God we keep Webster on him. I don't want Ross anywhere near him.

TheEnigma
01-05-2012, 06:09 AM
@SoCalFalcon

He's only like 2-3 feet off the ground... The angle (and slomo) makes it look alot more impressive than it is. Just about every WR in the NFL can do what he did.

Having said that, he is a playmaker though and I just hope to God we keep Webster on him. I don't want Ross anywhere near him.
I'm not too worried as long as we have KP helping out whichever CB we have on Julio. Call me nuts but I think Gonzalez is going to be the bigger pain in the butt for us during the game.