PDA

View Full Version : Who performs better this Sunday? Cruz or Nicks?

Terminator56
01-04-2012, 05:30 PM
How do you think the falcons will cover these guys? Do you think Cruz gets doubled? bumped at the line more?

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Nicks

Terminator56
01-04-2012, 05:33 PM
why? u think they focus on cruz and leave nicks open?

nhpgiantsfan
01-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I think Nicks will have a monster game this week. With Cruz' td's against the Jets and Cowboys, he has drawn alot of praise. I have a feeling Nicks will see more 1 on 1's with Cruz receiving more attention from the Atlanta defense.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Nicks will have a BIG day regardless but so will cruz.

If the Falcons were dumb enough to NOT double Nicks, Eli will go his way EVERY time & make them look foolish.

titwio
01-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Slick Nicks...With the production Cruz has had the last two weeks I think the Falcons are going roll to whatever side he's on...

I think Hakeem is going to start to benefit from this much like Cruz has when teams doubled Nicks.

Terminator56
01-04-2012, 05:40 PM
nicks def beat his guy at the end of the cowboys game. 1 on 1, hakeem is a matchup nightmare! now let's hope he can perform for his FIRST playoff game!

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 05:41 PM
i think they'll put grimes on cruz who match up more similar in body stature.
robinson on nicks.
they'll bracket coverage more, but i have a feeling atlanta will hope grimes can handle cruz in 1v1 situations.

i think cruz will have a few more big plays, but nicks could have the better day.

Giantsin04
01-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Slick Nicks...With the production Cruz has had the last two weeks I think the Falcons are going roll to whatever side he's on...

I think Hakeem is going to start to benefit from this much like Cruz has when teams doubled Nicks.
This would be the common wisdom. But, Cruz is on some kind of roll that is hard to bet against. Mother ****er is en fuego

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
no way they focus on Nicks more than Cruz this game.

Cruz has gotten so much attention/praise the last couple of games, they'll try to limit him thus giving Nicks more opportunities.

Nicks is gonna have to capitalize and that starts w/ catching the ball...matter fact...that goes for both our star wideouts...

The wildcard could be MM however...he has a knack for making a big play here and there when you least expect it...

Terminator56
01-04-2012, 05:47 PM
see the thing is from watching all our games this year, nicks is the big play guy for the deep ball normally, while cruz is breaking 2 and 3 yard routes to create the big play. because of those short routes, does atlanta use alot of nickel to defend us? If so, how can the giants use this to their advantage?

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 05:47 PM
i also think the wildcard forget in all this is MM.

Nicks and Cruz have been getting a ton of attention and focus, which could equal MM having the opportunity to break out not only vs Atlanta but in the playoffs.

remember vs dallas in dallas how they were so focused on nicks and cruz that on one play MM was COMPLETELY open downfield?

i see a play similar to that happening. I think MM may end up having the biggest day out of anyone

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 05:50 PM
see the thing is from watching all our games this year, nicks is the big play guy for the deep ball normally, while cruz is breaking 2 and 3 yard routes to create the big play. because of those short routes, does atlanta use alot of nickel to defend us? If so, how can the giants use this to their advantage?

well if atlanta comes out more nickel, we run. eli has no problem audibling into the run play if thats the best play vs the defnsive call.

that said, teams are damned if they do damned if they don't. we can take those shorter routes to the house and make those downfield throws better than anyone. they can try and take one aspect of our passing attack away but that leaves the other one wide open.

remember vs NO when eli completed 21 passes in a row bc NO was taking the deep ball away? eli will make the right read and throw, he has no disillusion of trying to be big gun and throw it deep if it isnt there...mostly.

but vs nickel packages, we run more simple as that.

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Falcons will fear Cruz's speed, I bet Nicks gets open more quickly, he's going to be the factor in this game

Spizi
01-04-2012, 06:58 PM
How do you think the falcons will cover these guys? Do you think Cruz gets doubled? bumped at the line more?

I think Nicks because the Falcons will try to focus on our most productive WR (Cruz) and our most talented WR (Nicks) will make them pay.

rainierjef
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
I think both receivers are going to have similar solid days, I think they bring in manningham on some plays and he spreads the defense for the long balls.

Gonzo88
01-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if Manningham had the biggest day for you. Falcons are great against the run so you should line up so we are forced to be in nickle and shred owens like greenbay did

Also falcons cant get a good pass rush.... :(

Itlan
01-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Not sure I understand what you're saying... you mean nickel as a base? Eli would just audible to inside runs all day. If they match-up nickel with 3-wide, that's standard... so what exactly are you trying to say? Lol.