PDA

View Full Version : Boley and TE coverage

Ruttiger711
01-04-2012, 05:45 PM
How do you think he'll do against Gonzo?</P>

Witten was reduced to a non-factor in the first cowboys game and while he was more effective in the second, Romo never got going with him which he likes to do to set up that big play pass. Boley had a nice 3rd down tackle on Wittenand I'm hoping he can match up with Gonzo just the same. Gonzalez is a freak of nature and I think he's got more speed than Witten which could be the difference.</P>

Pretty sure Rolle's pick last week was a pass attempt to Witten too. </P>

</P>

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Gonzalez is still a very good TE but not the player he once was. Normally you would bracket Gonzalez but he and whitten are fairly similar now although he may still be a bit faster. I think with doubles on white and jones Gonzo will see a lot of one on ones with Boley and Jwill - not an easy matchup for us - but one we can do ok with.

On rolles pick - it was to Whitten but Rolle had drifted inside reading Romos eyes - i think he was in zone and had the flat - couldnt see the whole field to figure out the call - but im to me it looked like it could have been cover 3 - nonetheless it wasn't man but a nice read in zone.

NY_Eli
01-05-2012, 02:44 AM
I expect a lot of zone anyway

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Gonzalez is still a very good TE but not the player he once was. Normally you would bracket Gonzalez but he and whitten are fairly similar now although he may still be a bit faster. I think with doubles on white and jones Gonzo will see a lot of one on ones with Boley and Jwill - not an easy matchup for us - but one we can do ok with.

On rolles pick - it was to Whitten but Rolle had drifted inside reading Romos eyes - i think he was in zone and had the flat - couldnt see the whole field to figure out the call - but im to me it looked like it could have been cover 3 - nonetheless it wasn't man but a nice read in zone.

he was playing the slot in a zone coverage. his wr assignment went outside and up the field, leaving him with no one to cover.

i've been begging rolle to understand whats going on, if he has no responsibility bc no one is near his zone, drift into a passing lane and disrupt a wr pattern. he did just that and got an int.

if he can keep it up, he could be a huge difference maker

Firenugget
01-05-2012, 06:47 AM
It doesn't matter. This game is about stopping Turner. We do that, we should be fine.