PDA

View Full Version : Ross will wake up in the post season.

Coach Carter
01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
I still have some faith in the kid. He played well for us during his rookie season on the way to a super bowl title. He faced tougher competition then as a rookie so I think (and hope) he will be confident in his ability to perform under pressure against top-tier competition. Julio Jones is a rookie and hopefully Ross can use his experience against him.

Thoughts?

GOBIGBLUE52
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
It's possible. Remember how we were all nervous when we found out Corey Webster was going to start against the Bucs in 07? That turned out ok.

Itlan
01-04-2012, 06:49 PM
He's been playing decent. The problem with Ross is if he misses his jam, he doesn't have catch-up speed, and his misses his jams a lot. This tends to put him in off-coverage and he's hesitant.

dezzzR
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I think hes been playing pretty well recently. Dont see him getting beat as much. Hope it continues.

ebick
01-04-2012, 07:05 PM
How about that 2nd TD the Cowboys scored. He was playing very soft off his man. I sat there screaming at the screen "That's where Romo's going!!!!' Guess where Romo went.....Ross wasn't anywhere near him.

fansince69
01-04-2012, 07:14 PM
He's been playing decent. The problem with Ross is if he misses his jam, he doesn't have catch-up speed, and his misses his jams a lot. This tends to put him in off-coverage and he's hesitant.

for some reason coming out of college I thought he was considered fast....I remember the talk about him was he was faster than everyone but his girlfriend...

he seems to be very susceptible to that slant on the goal line.He seems to play the fade and they either take it inside or go to the flag and it's gotten him 2x in recent history I can think of.

But I still have hopes of him being solid...not looking for shut down but at least hold his own

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 07:28 PM
"let's eat" - the whole defense seems to have their swagger back. this is evident to me in the sights and sounds video for the cowboy game. ross is buying in and has been playing lights out. for his standards at least. and that's all we can ask for at this point. this team is gelling at the perfect time, and i love it! lets roll!

GiantWarfare
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
eh...he still scares me

I'm hoping you're right though

Redeyejedi
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM
How about that 2nd TD the Cowboys scored.* He was playing very soft off his man.* I sat there screaming at the screen "That's where Romo's going!!!!'* Guess where Romo went.....Ross wasn't anywhere near him.That was horrible coverage.All the draft guys on Twitter were making fun of him on that play

Coach Carter
01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
eh...he still scares me

I'm hoping you're right though

He scares me also, we should have lost the first Cowboys game because of Ross not covering Austin and a Romo overthrow. However, for the Giants to make noise in the playoffs Ross, Webster and Prince HAVE to play well.

I Bleed Blue
01-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Exactly correct. However, the same can be said for Webster. If Romo makes that throw on their first drive, it could have set a different tone for the game. Webster jammed Dez, but clearly didn't have the make up speed when he released him.

daynemustgo
01-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I still have some faith in the kid. He played well for us during his rookie season on the way to a super bowl title. He faced tougher competition then as a rookie so I think (and hope) he will be confident in his ability to perform under pressure against top-tier competition. Julio Jones is a rookie and hopefully Ross can use his experience against him.

Thoughts?

he's had an ugly season. ugly enough that I almost hope he isn't on the roster next year. however, if he shows up now then all is forgiven.

buddy33
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
It would be nice but he really hasn't done much his entire career so I don't know why he will wake up now.

Roosevelt
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM

Thoughts?

He really played pretty well this year. I blame the scheme more then I do him.

jaygoon
01-04-2012, 09:04 PM
I have no confidence in Aaron Ross and hope he is gone at the end of the season.
Out of all 22 defensive and offensive players, in my opinion he is the worst.
He has not played well this year. He is the guy good qbs and wrs pick on. Julio jones is in a whole other class even if he is a rookie.

threenout
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Ross always allows receiver inside position on the goal line. Is always a step behind

Furiator
01-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Ross is not making the presnap read. Most of the catches against him are on a slant where he's just a half second slow. If he can read that presnap, he can jump the route and get a easy pick 6.

loaded30
01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
"let's eat" - the whole defense seems to have their swagger back. this is evident to me in the sights and sounds video for the cowboy game. ross is buying in and has been playing lights out. for his standards at least. and that's all we can ask for at this point. this team is gelling at the perfect time, and i love it! lets roll!+1</P>

</P>

bearbryant
01-04-2012, 10:58 PM
He's on auto pilot. He no longer has it for the NFL. He was a great Giant as a rookie but lost the desire, got injured, and that was that!!

I'd love to see him come out like an animal but I wouldn't bet on it!

Voldamort
01-04-2012, 11:03 PM
We all remember Webster in '07 and what he did,would love for Ross to show up now!!!

netplus
01-05-2012, 12:33 AM
He's in his fifth season. I doubt he gets any better. Decent against the run, the 4 picks are good, but 67% passes completed againstis awful.

Mercury
01-05-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm hoping Tuck's play will continue to create QB pressure, and make Ross's job easier.

Redeyejedi
01-05-2012, 10:44 AM
He's in his fifth season.* I doubt he gets any better.* Decent against the run, the 4 picks are good, but 67% passes completed against*is awful.he will be 30 next season already. I wouldnt mind resigning him if he takes 4th corner money though.My guess is an NFL team will give him Nickel corner money and be horribly disappointed

elismom
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM

Thoughts?

He has played better lately. If he plays equal to Corey. We are in good shape.

It all comes down to the rush. Lets put Matty Ice on Ice

OrangeGiant
01-05-2012, 10:55 AM
He needs to be more consistent. As previously stated, when he's beat it's usually if he misses his initial jam, which is surprising to me as wasn't he a track star at Texas? You would think that he had more catch-up speed but he doesn't. When he's beat initially, he's done, out of the play. </P>

Again, a consistent pass rush covers up a lot of ills in the back end. It's amazing how good a secondary can look when the pass rush is cranking. I don't care who you have in the secondary, if the QB can sit back and go through his progressions, he's going to complete passes. I don't care who the QB is. We've seen that with guys like Vince Young and Rex Grossman this year.Not exactly hall of famers.</P>

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Thoughts?

The only spark of hope that I have is that it's a contract year for him.

I still don't understand how a guy as fast as he is gets absolutely smoked off the line by every receiver in the league.

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 11:03 AM

Thoughts?

He has played better lately. If he plays equal to Corey. We are in good shape.

It all comes down to the rush. Lets put Matty Ice on Ice

If he played as well as Corey we wouldn't be having this conversation.

burier
01-05-2012, 11:30 AM
I thought that the tandem of Webster and Ross was going to be very difficult to throw against but it never panned out.

I wish Ross was faster. And if he's supposed to be a press corner then why does he always fail to get his hands on the reciever allowing free releases?

nygsb42champs
01-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Lets hope so.

egyptian420
01-05-2012, 11:37 AM
That TD Robinson got on Ross was just an eye soar

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUymbeJMrA)

If our pass rush doesn't show up, he will be the first to get abused.

Dorkasaurus
01-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Ross is our Newman.

Hopefully Atlanta does not do to Ross what we did to Newman !

buddy33
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I'm always worried about what team will show up, but they have played down to the wire against better teams than the Falcons.

I mean the refs did everything they could to help Green Bay and they did beat the Patriots.

TroyArcher
01-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Ross is a weak link and seems very slow. I hope he plays better but I would not want him back next year.

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Ross is a weak link and seems very slow.* I hope he plays better but I would not want him back next year.*

I'd be very surprised if Ross was a Giant next year.