PDA

View Full Version : Pretty aloof about this game...

njsean
01-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe it was my low expectations after losing to the Redskins the second time, but the fact that we're in this situation at all makes me feel as if we're playing with house money.

I feel the team will be loose and amped. I haven't been this confident about a playoff game since the Bucs.

Feels nothing like my anxiety I had the last time we were in the playoffs in 08. I like where our team is at. I don't care. I'm gonna say it. I'd be surprised if we lost.

mattpl908
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
sunday cant come soon enough!

njsean
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
amen. I'm rolling my eyes at every thing i hear about the falcons chances!

smashndash715
01-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Maybe it was my low expectations after losing to the Redskins the second time, but the fact that we're in this situation at all makes me feel as if we're playing with house money.

I feel the team will be loose and amped. I haven't been this confident about a playoff game since the Bucs.

Feels nothing like my anxiety I had the last time we were in the playoffs in 08. I like where our team is at. I don't care. I'm gonna say it. I'd be surprised if we lost.

i might be wrong but that seems to be the general feeling around here..i know it is for me..ive been very hard on the team especially after the philly loss at home..but the fact that we are in and we are the reason the cowboys arent i feel like anything now is a bonus..do i think we will beat atlanta yes in all honesty i do..and im sure i will still be mad as hell if we lose..but its just a different feeling then what i usually have..i think gmen are the dark horses this yr for sure

njsean
01-04-2012, 09:17 PM

i might be wrong but that seems to be the general feeling around here..i know it is for me..ive been very hard on the team especially after the philly loss at home..but the fact that we are in and we are the reason the cowboys arent i feel like anything now is a bonus..do i think we will beat atlanta yes in all honesty i do..and im sure i will still be mad as hell if we lose..but its just a different feeling then what i usually have..i think gmen are the dark horses this yr for sure

Absolutely. I just have this feeling we're going to be a team others aren't going to want to face....except maybe NO..They might hope for us.

smashndash715
01-04-2012, 09:22 PM

Absolutely. I just have this feeling we're going to be a team others aren't going to want to face....except maybe NO..They might hope for us.

New orleans is the one team i do not want to play..dnt care about going to lambo..dont care about maybe going to san fran..i just dont want to end up in that super dome..brees is possessed right now

njsean
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM

New orleans is the one team i do not want to play..dnt care about going to lambo..dont care about maybe going to san fran..i just dont want to end up in that super dome..brees is possessed right now

Yeah, but I just feel like our players have a F-it attitude right now that can serve them well in any game.

smashndash715
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM

Yeah, but I just feel like our players have a F-it attitude right now that can serve them well in any game.

well with a healthy dline they feed off each other..secondary can be a little bit more agressive and hopefully its lets rolle be a saftey which is what we paid him as

brad
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
If you told me four weeks ago that the Giants would make the playoffs I wouldn't believe it. It has been a tremendous turnaround the past 2 weeks. I do think they have a decent shot to make a little noise in the playoffs... I wouldn't go so far as super bowl but who would have thought they would get to the SB and beat an undefeated NE? Sure, I annoyed a friend who is an avid NE fan by constantly telling him throughout the playoffs that the Giants would end their perfect season, but I didn't actually believe it would happen :)

Voldamort
01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Game time 1pm sunday,stay on task Giants and take it home.Boy this feels good this week gooooo G-MEN!!!PLAY HARD AND FAST,WIN EVERY DOWN!

miked1958
01-04-2012, 11:24 PM

Yes but over confidence can also be a killer as well

NYGRealityCheck
01-04-2012, 11:27 PM
We will know by Sunday where the Giants will be headed after the Falcons game, most likely GB.

miked1958
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM

This

GiantWarfare
01-05-2012, 01:18 AM
any team is beatable of course but its something about Brees in the Superdome thats just scary

An almost otherworldly homefield advantage so to speak...

NO is def the team I dont wanna face. They're the worst matchup possible for us...

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 01:31 AM
I know New Orleans cleaned the Falcons clocks in that last game. But they are beatable. I freaking hate the Saints.

lnp12
01-05-2012, 01:39 AM
I know New Orleans cleaned the Falcons clocks in that last game. But they are beatable. I freaking hate the Saints.

They're definitely beatable, but I'm not sure we're the team who can do that. Especially in that dome, going there is practically suicide.

GiantWarfare
01-05-2012, 01:41 AM
LOL at the Cowboys player (dont know who) on the bench after we go up 21-0: "damn, I hate getting my hopes up man..."

He sounded defeated already...lol...

*edit* wrong thread....LMAO

BklynBlue
01-05-2012, 07:47 AM
amen. I'm rolling my eyes at every thing i hear about the falcons chances!

Falcons have the players to spread the field against our secondary. White, Jones, Douglas and Gonzo can all go verticle. Our Def NEEDS to get pressure and screw up Ryans timing. Again, I wish i was as confident as most on these boards!

GCGiant
01-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Here's the scenario I'd like to see...

We beat Atlanta

Detroit beats NO

We go to SF, beat them
Detroit goes to GB, beats them

Detroit comes to NY, we win.

Even if it turns out that we end up playing NO in NO, they can be had. I would suggest that if they get that far that the Giants get out the film on the Saints/Rams game earlier in the year and watch it until you know it by heart.

chasjay
01-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Here's the scenario I'd like to see...

We beat Atlanta

Detroit beats NO

We go to SF, beat them
Detroit goes to GB, beats them

Detroit comes to NY, we win.

Even if it turns out that we end up playing NO in NO, they can be had. I would suggest that if they get that far that the Giants get out the film on the Saints/Rams game earlier in the year and watch it until you know it by heart.

Maybe hire the Rams' ex-coach as a Defensive Playoffs Advisor? [:D]